Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread - page 14. (Read 61330 times)

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
Hello. I need help with my r606.

I am using CGMINER 4.11.1 with a Ras Pi 4 and can get the r606 to start mining just fine, but it zombies after about 10 minutes of operation. My power source is 12V - 8A brick (have also used a 10A before but no change) with barrel plug. I unplug it and fire it back up, but it will zombie about the same amount of runtime -(rinse, repeat). I have noticed it dies when it try's to peak adjust the target frequency. I have tried many different frequencies from 200-600 Mhz - but it does not seem to matter - it zombies when it try's to peak adjust.

Has anyone seen this issue before? Any ideas on how to troubleshoot or fix? Is there a way to keep the miner from trying to peak adjust the frequency? Please don't hesitate to post re or PM me. I really appreciate any guidance or help - this one is a head scratcher for this Newbie. Thanks!

are you sure its not just doing plateau's ? it should do that 3 times - where it ramps up and then starts over, it will drop to zero but then will work its way back up.  Just not sure how long you are giving it when you say it is "zombies" out.

Really appreciate the response. Once it tries to peak adjust: target frequency it does not recover. It immediately goes to 'GSI 0 Failure, disabling'. It then ZOMBIE's  or goes to OFF status and won't come back no matter how long I leave it running. The only way to get it to fire up again is to unplug it and plug it back in. Any ideas? Thanks.

I had one do this to me on windows and it was luckily replaced as it was faulty. You might have a faulty one as well. Did you buy it new or used? If new, how long ago? You might be able to get it fixed or replaced.

Thanks for the info. It is well out of warranty so replacement isn't an option. Do you know what was causing the fault you were experiencing, or have a guess? I am hopeful I can fix it or if possible have it repaired - know anyone who repairs r606s as a paid service? I am thinking it could be the temperature sensor - I have seen the lights blinking after it fails a few times, however I have a temp gun and it stays around 30-35C. Any more ideas? Anyone else experience this issue? Thanks.

no I do not know what the issue was - sidehack fixed it and sent it back or he sent me a new one - either way, it works perfectly now. I would also try to use non-ubuntu Linux as suggested above and see if that helps.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0

I am using CGMINER 4.11.1 with a Ras Pi 4 and can get the r606 to start mining just fine, but it zombies after about 10 minutes of operation. My power source is 12V - 8A brick (have also used a 10A before but no change) with barrel plug. I unplug it and fire it back up, but it will zombie about the same amount of runtime -(rinse, repeat). I have noticed it dies when it try's to peak adjust the target frequency. I have tried many different frequencies from 200-600 Mhz - but it does not seem to matter - it zombies when it try's to peak adjust.

Has anyone seen this issue before? Any ideas on how to troubleshoot or fix? Is there a way to keep the miner from trying to peak adjust the frequency? Please don't hesitate to post re or PM me. I really appreciate any guidance or help - this one is a head scratcher for this Newbie. Thanks!

are you sure its not just doing plateau's ? it should do that 3 times - where it ramps up and then starts over, it will drop to zero but then will work its way back up.  Just not sure how long you are giving it when you say it is "zombies" out.

Really appreciate the response. Once it tries to peak adjust: target frequency it does not recover. It immediately goes to 'GSI 0 Failure, disabling'. It then ZOMBIE's  or goes to OFF status and won't come back no matter how long I leave it running. The only way to get it to fire up again is to unplug it and plug it back in. Any ideas? Thanks.

I had one do this to me on windows and it was luckily replaced as it was faulty. You might have a faulty one as well. Did you buy it new or used? If new, how long ago? You might be able to get it fixed or replaced.

Thanks for the info. It is well out of warranty so replacement isn't an option. Do you know what was causing the fault you were experiencing, or have a guess? I am hopeful I can fix it or if possible have it repaired - know anyone who repairs r606s as a paid service? I am thinking it could be the temperature sensor - I have seen the lights blinking after it fails a few times, however I have a temp gun and it stays around 30-35C. Any more ideas? Anyone else experience this issue? Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
Unfortunately 20.04 is only available in the LTS version not the prebuild version which pi requires.  Does anyone know if I can run bfgminer on these newpacs?  For whatever reason I can compile that.

Well just use the Raspberry OS.  It's made for it after all.

BFG Miner doesn't support newpacs.  They developed their own version of CGMiner to support these.

I think I am just missing some package that it requires to compile, but I just don't know which one.  The packages that it lists are fairly minimum, as the compiling would error out it would give you a clue to what was missing, for example libz.  I am looking for a way to figure out what might be missing but the error message is not descriptive.  Is there a way to debug the compile?

If you look through this thread you will see many posts about people having trouble using Ubuntu .10 versions. The fix was always to use the LTS release.  Raspbian is known to work fine and well.
Activity: 33
Merit: 8
Unfortunately 20.04 is only available in the LTS version not the prebuild version which pi requires.  Does anyone know if I can run bfgminer on these newpacs?  For whatever reason I can compile that.

BFG Miner doesn't support newpacs.  They developed their own version of CGMiner to support these.

I think I am just missing some package that it requires to compile, but I just don't know which one.  The packages that it lists are fairly minimum, as the compiling would error out it would give you a clue to what was missing, for example libz.  I am looking for a way to figure out what might be missing but the error message is not descriptive.  Is there a way to debug the compile?
legendary

legendary

legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
They developed their own version of CGMiner to support these.
More specifically, vh wrote the driver that cgminer uses to communicate with the ASIC chips. For any miner, the driver is a manufacturers 'Secret Sauce' that makes or breaks miner performance. Without it, cgminer (or bfgminer) are useless.
legendary
Think for yourself

EDIT: I compiled on another server running 20.04 and that worked.  Thanks.
legendary
Think for yourself
As far as I know all the dependencies that required were installed.  Running Ubuntu 20.10 on Raspberry Pi.

If you need to use Ubuntu for some reason, use an LTS version such as 20.04.  I think the .10's are beta's.

On a Pi it's probably best to use rasbian.

If you do decide to try the raspberry OS then these instructions are a little more detailed than the top post.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50968875
Hello, trying to compile cgminer per the instructions from the GekkoScience docs.  It is failing on Make but I can't tell exactly why.

First I run
sudo git clone https://github.com/vthoang/cgminer.git

Then
sudo CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native" ./autogen.sh --enable-gekko
Completes ok.

Then I run
sudo make -j 2

Make ends with the following snippet
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0xff0): multiple definition of `avalonm_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x2ad8): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0x10e0): multiple definition of `avalon7_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x29e8): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0x11d0): multiple definition of `avalon4_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x28f8): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0x12c0): multiple definition of `avalon2_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x2808): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0x13b0): multiple definition of `avalon_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x2718): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0x14a0): multiple definition of `ants3_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x2628): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0x1590): multiple definition of `ants2_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x2538): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0x1680): multiple definition of `ants1_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x2448): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0x1770): multiple definition of `modminer_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x2358): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: cgminer-driver-gekko.o:(.bss+0x1860): multiple definition of `bitforce_drv'; cgminer-cgminer.o:(.bss+0x2268): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [Makefile:891: cgminer] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/cgminer'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1835: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/cgminer'
make: *** [Makefile:794: all] Error 2

I re-ran the whole thing as root without sudo and same result.

Any idea how I can track this down, its not very descriptive.  As far as I know all the dependencies that required were installed.  Running Ubuntu 20.10 on Raspberry Pi.

I have BFGminer installed but for the life of me cannot get it to identify the Newpac so I thought cgminer was the way to go since the equipment maker recommended.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Standard questions need to be answered. What OS? What Hub etc etc
Activity: 24
Hi guys. May I check with you if one of my USB newpac suddenly shows 0 at the P side on cgminer, and keep resetting, what could have be the issue and is there by chance any way to resolve it?
I did not adjust the vcore before and had checked the stock position is more of a "+" vs "x" and i tried to turn left and right to make it "x" but it still stays 0.
Thanks alot
legendary
Thanks for the help MoparMinigLLC, but I can't get the gekko newpac to recognize me, I can start mining, but as it doesn't recognize the asic gekkoscience newpac, it doesn't mine anything, you know if there is a driver installed and if so, how to do it , I can not find it anywhere. Thanks

the instructions are on the first page of this thread, the links to the drivers and such should all be on the first page as well.
Activity: 4
Thanks for the help MoparMinigLLC, but I can't get the gekko newpac to recognize me, I can start mining, but as it doesn't recognize the asic gekkoscience newpac, it doesn't mine anything, you know if there is a driver installed and if so, how to do it , I can not find it anywhere. Thanks
legendary
Hi friends, I need help. I was able to get him to run the gekko newpac on windows, but I don't get it on ubuntu, I need someone to help me in the command that I need to put in the terminal as it tells me "cgminer: --gekko-newpac-freg: unrecognized option" I have put this command and it does not work for me: cgminer -o stratum+tcp://sha256.eu.zpool.ca:3333 -u (wallet) -p --suggest-diff128 --gekko-newpac-freq 150

Thanks

I am not using Ubuntu but I am using another version of Linux, my command line is this:

./cgminer -o stratum+tcp:// -u -p --api-listen --gekko-r606-freq 800
Activity: 4
Hi friends, I need help. I was able to get him to run the gekko newpac on windows, but I don't get it on ubuntu, I need someone to help me in the command that I need to put in the terminal as it tells me "cgminer: --gekko-newpac-freg: unrecognized option" I have put this command and it does not work for me: cgminer -o stratum+tcp://sha256.eu.zpool.ca:3333 -u (wallet) -p --suggest-diff128 --gekko-newpac-freq 150

Thanks
Activity: 88
Merit: 85
Sorry guys I didn't made myself clear I'm trying to get USB gekko Science, not the R606. They are very hard to come by those days for any reasonable price.
I'll send you PM. i know wher to buy. my standard delveriry website in Germany has some
Pages:
Jump to: