Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread - page 12. (Read 61330 times)

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
OK so my R606 is poorly.

We had a internet outage yesterday and although it came back up ok I keep getting "0: GSI 0 - R606 Bitcoin Miner (10040338) " listed in cgminer on my Pi4.

Nothing has changed in settings or in power delivery to the unit or the Pi. Its been running since February when I shut it down for a clean. No issues until now.

Anyone have any ideas?

P.S. I have tried different usb cables but still the same result.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
So what are your settings then? What voltage level? What freq are you trying to run?

Linux based OS’s are the most reliable for this gear though so try switching away from windoze.
Voltage and freq standard...now I am only using ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS, sometimes it works, sometimes not...I don't understand why, I'm going crazy
So what are your settings then? What voltage level? What freq are you trying to run?

Linux based OS’s are the most reliable for this gear though so try switching away from windoze.
OS/Controller? (i.e. are you running it with a raspberry pi? windows computer, etc)

Also, are the lights coming one when you apply power? Mine just died, but its my fault. I took power off and then re-applied it too quickly. I'm pretty sure I broke the Murata power module. At least that's what it seems like after replacing the 16v Capacitor and running a bunch of other voltage tests on it. We will see when the new module comes in.

Anyways, try and be more specific on the circumstances associated with it going zombie and your setup. That's really the best way to ask for help.
I have Windows 10 like SO but I also tried with Ubuntu and I also tried with a notebook…I even tried another power supply and at first it seemed that I had solved the problem, it mined regularly…in practice it happens that a few times (many) it goes in zombies, while other times it works normally  Undecided
copper member
Activity: 25
Merit: 2
OS/Controller? (i.e. are you running it with a raspberry pi? windows computer, etc)

Also, are the lights coming one when you apply power? Mine just died, but its my fault. I took power off and then re-applied it too quickly. I'm pretty sure I broke the Murata power module. At least that's what it seems like after replacing the 16v Capacitor and running a bunch of other voltage tests on it. We will see when the new module comes in.

Anyways, try and be more specific on the circumstances associated with it going zombie and your setup. That's really the best way to ask for help.
Anyone can me help me? I have R606 Zombie and I cannot mining  Huh

What OS? What PSU? Did you buy it new or used?
Used but like new...PSU original gekko

What OS? What PSU? Did you buy it new or used?
copper member
Activity: 25
Merit: 2
Anyone have an R606 stop powering up? There's a clicking sound when power is applied, but nothing else. I think it's the 1000 micro farad capacitor, sticking out from the bottom of the board, but I can't be sure. I don't have access to my tools or DMM to test anything.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

FYI, I bought this one used, but it's been working fine for the last few months.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
My guess is that cgminer is one of the payloads that many malwares carry so virus checkers just automatically black flag it w/o bothering to check if a real virus is present to make use of it...
Yeah thanks to that McAfee guy, windows virus checkers have all been based on pattern matching known viruses, not detecting viruses.
(instead of handling access security correctly to stop viruses, he saw it as an eternal update income stream and the rest is history)
So they have a pattern to match cgminer saying it's a virus, even though it isn't.
Of course if you go download it from some random site elsewhere, not from vh here, you are very likely to get a virus packed with it.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
My guess is that cgminer is one of the payloads that many malwares carry so virus checkers just automatically black flag it w/o bothering to check if a real virus is present to make use of it...
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Coz the virus checker is wrong in the case of cgminer.

Follow the instructions on how to compile it yourself, then virus check it, and it will still say it has a virus.

This has been ongoing for about ... 9 years? Smiley
Activity: 1
Well I wonder if any of the programmers in here can tell me why when I run the miner software through a 40+ virus engine it finds malware..  Now I've heard people say ohh miners just go off with false positives. Well I know that's BS I haven't seen a false positive on a virus since the 90's. And due to the nature of these mining programs there's no way programmers didn't try to inject their crypto info in the program to peel off a certain percentage of the mined coin into their wallets.  So can one of you HONEST programmers find the malware or whatever it is and remove it then save compile and reupload with VirusFree in the name.  I'm going to insert the sire I used so you can see for yourselves and just as a FYI my PC virus also blocked the download because of virus

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload

Thanks in advance for any help you guys could provide.
Activity: 1
Hi there,

I decided to put 2 R606 as lottery miners on a local full node. The node (bitcoin-core 0.21.1) run on a A4-5000 from AMD with a 1To SSD/8G RAM on an alpine linux with just the node and cgminer on it. Everything seems fine on the node I get 60 to 70 peers connected and the machine run alsmost IDLE (8% on 1 cpu <1% of the 3 other CPUs).

For CGminer, I've compiled latest version from for Gekko r606 (4.1.11).

I can run around 630GH/s*2 when I run cgminer solo to the http 127.0.0.1:8332 and I notice the message from cgminer "connected without LP to ..."  (which I guess is without longPoll?), I can try different frequency etc ... I'm stuck at 630GH/s, and I get reagular "peak adjust: target frequency 525.00MHz -> 518.75MHz" message down to 435 and 600GH/s.

Now if I run the same cgminer to the stratum solo.ckpool.org solo pool server then I can get up to 900+GH/s and even close to 1TH/s by raising he frequency.

Any ideas ? Is the longpoll the issue ? is the cgminer in http the issue ? Or bitcoin-core ? Any though are welcome.

Thanks.

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
What other coins can I mine with GekkoScience NewPac USB.

Any sha-256 coin

Google is your friend. You’ve been told the answer already.
Activity: 2
Activity: 658
Merit: 118
I have 3 GekkoScience NewPac USB  Miners. Is it possible to mine Ethereum with these devices. I would like to know also what would be the pool to use for these devices. Another question would be how would I be able to access the balance from this device has generated. Thank You

No, these can only mine SHA-256 coins like Bitcoin. You can use any pool you like, as long as they'll accept the low hashrates of these devices. When you connect to a pool, they'll have instructions on how to redeem any balance you might have.
Activity: 2
I have 3 GekkoScience NewPac USB  Miners. Is it possible to mine Ethereum with these devices. I would like to know also what would be the pool to use for these devices. Another question would be how would I be able to access the balance from this device has generated. Thank You
There isn't a specific part number. I assume its just a standard mini usb jack like these:-

Sourcingmap® 10 x Mini USB 5 Pin Socket Female Solder Adaptor Connector https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GONWWRQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_5D2CTCMFRCEB3YFPHEB0
Pages:
Jump to: