Pages:
Author

Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread - page 13. (Read 61330 times)

Activity: 66
Merit: 35
You should be able to run multiple instances of cgminer and specify a serial number for a stick.

You dont need to adjust the voltage pot. I was running mine without touching it and getting 140ghs on all 6 sticks on gekkos usb hub.

Awesome thanks for the tip! I was able to figure it out and def squeezing out a bit more per stick now.

If anyone could point me to the right direction on fixing the USB port on the R606 I would really appreciate that. Would love to get this thing running properly  Grin

Have you tried soldering on a new connector?

No, I don't know how to solder. Unfortunately I am not too techy but I will see if I can get this done locally with a electronic repair store or a friend. I am getting another power supply today with a 6 pin PCIE connection so other than trying a brand new cable and this PSU I am out of ideas. Would you know what part number to get? Just want to ensure compatibility.

Thanks again for all your help!
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
You should be able to run multiple instances of cgminer and specify a serial number for a stick.

You dont need to adjust the voltage pot. I was running mine without touching it and getting 140ghs on all 6 sticks on gekkos usb hub.

Awesome thanks for the tip! I was able to figure it out and def squeezing out a bit more per stick now.

If anyone could point me to the right direction on fixing the USB port on the R606 I would really appreciate that. Would love to get this thing running properly  Grin

Have you tried soldering on a new connector?

well there goes that idea. I mean it might be still possible that the socket has been damaged but not as likely if you have the one with the notch.

Any idea on how I might be able to trouble shoot this? Haven't been able to run it unfortunately -.-. I wouldn't mind sending it out for repair, just have no idea how to get it looked at.

I've tried emailing eyeboot(where the miner was originally purchased), gekkoscience & PMing sidehack but no luck yet.

Also somewhat unrelated -

I'm also running a couple of overclocked Newpac sticks. Most are running fine & can hit 100+ GH/s at 500MHz+

I have a 3 Newpac sticks that when running around 100-300 MHz get a lot higher of a hash rate than when running at 400+ MHz. Ideally I would like to get all sticks at 100+ GH/s.

Is it possible to run an individual stick at a specific frequency based on the serial number? I saw a post earlier in the thread about it but I believe was the conclusion that this was not possible if they are the same model.

I also was thinking of adjusting the voltage screw but not sure which direction I should turn it  or if I had to resort to that.. Would anyone have any feedback on which direction to adjust the screw if the individual frequency cant be changed (or if this would even help)?

Thanks for any assistance!
I think my NewPac is after a pc-crush pherhaps now defect.

What does it mean, when the Green and White LED-Lights are together on?

CGMiner says not correct USB-Port - that i should install Zadic.exe

The Stick runs before the crash perfect, could it be that White and Green LED together is the standard, when the software is deinstalled?

I would try Zadig again and do a clean restart of your PC. Shut it down leave it a minute then restart it and see what happens. Also unplug the stick, let it cool, then plug it back in.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I think my NewPac is after a pc-crush pherhaps now defect.

What does it mean, when the Green and White LED-Lights are together on?

CGMiner says not correct USB-Port - that i should install Zadic.exe

The Stick runs before the crash perfect, could it be that White and Green LED together is the standard, when the software is deinstalled?
Activity: 100
Merit: 6
I’m going to run the gekkoscience  8 port hub and power brick with 6 newpacs. Should this system be able to run the newpacs at 650 with proper cooling?

I have 6 on 1000w psu inside my computer case on gekkohub. I can run at 550 MHz on all the sticks until I get xmrig mining monero on 30 of my 32 threads cpu. Then my hashrate cuts in half. I didn’t think these required much processing power to run. It’s unlikely the psu, does same on power brick. Windows 10 pro x570 motherboard running Ryzen 5950x 64gb ram 500gb ssd for the os
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
I seem to be having an issue with my r606 and not really sure what it is.

does your r606 have a cut out below where the USB cable plugs into the miner?

here is one without the notch -

and one with the notch -

the reason I ask is that the ones without the notch have had issues where if the USB cord used is too thick, it applies pressure to that connection - I had one where it completely broke the connector off.

Mine is the one with the notch

well there goes that idea. I mean it might be still possible that the socket has been damaged but not as likely if you have the one with the notch.

and one with the notch -

the reason I ask is that the ones without the notch have had issues where if the USB cord used is too thick, it applies pressure to that connection - I had one where it completely broke the connector off.

Mine is the one with the notch
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490

and one with the notch -

I had it set up and running on Windows fine for a couple of days. I started to test some of my Newpac sticks so had to unplug the r606 and have been having issues ever since disconnecting it. At first I thought it was Windows being wonky but I actually configured CGminer on my Raspberry Pi4 and the issue persisted. The next step was to check the USB cable. I didn't use brand new ones but I did use two that I had at home and both didn't work.

The last thing I suppose it could be is the PSU but I am using the PSU for a USB mining rig and it works with no issues.

The problem I am running into is that the USB port seems to be dead, dying or not transmitting data.

The error I am getting on my Raspberry Pi 4 is:

gekkoscience detect failed to initialise 1:44

It also says something like "waiting for USB hot plug"

On windows it keeps trying to reset it and I get some notice that says: GSI 0 failure, disabling

I also tried a different PSU and lower voltage and just get a "zero chips found" notice.

I don't think a PSU or a new cable will fix the issue but I am getting a new PSU with a 6 pin connector and should be able to test that soon. I bought the unit off of eBay and messaged the seller requesting the original order date & seller of the hardware. number starts with 100 so it might be an early batch. I don't mind sending it in for repair or inspection if that needs to be done, it would just be dope to get this thing up and running. Any help would be appreciated thanks!
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
Just curious, what are you all using as you're difficulty setting with the newpacs? I'm at 512 right now, but I'd like to know your opinions.

Just let the pool adjust.  It only matters for the pool to report a reasonably accurate hash rate for your equipment.  Most pools adjust for a rate of 18 shares per minute.
copper member
Activity: 25
Merit: 2
Just curious, what are you all using as you're difficulty setting with the newpacs? I'm at 512 right now, but I'd like to know your opinions.

Thanks,
vintag386
Activity: 4
Hello!

It have been almost a month that I've ordered a Gekkoscience BM1384.
Order is confirmed, but there isn't any info about shipping date, availability anything at all.
Also, from the site when "contact is"  is selected, it leads to a broken page.

I've trusted the asicpuppy based on the info provided here, but they seems very unprofessional from customer handling point of view.

How I can get any feedback when the order will be shipped?

It arrived...
Some more status/info about the ordering status would be good, at least through mail.

Anyway thanks!
With everything to do with profitability, it all depends on your electricity cost.
Activity: 22
Hi, I am new here.  Can anyone tell me if the Terminus R606 is profitable in 2021?
- I cannot find any information

I have a windows PC running Nicehash with its RX 570 GU, could I also run the R606 simultaneously on CG Miner ?
- will nice hash running same time as CGMiner work?

Any other advice in setting up and profitability.

I have an Apollo BTC on order ... and just wondering if R606 is worth it with BTC above $50,000

Many thanks

Activity: 4
Hello!

It have been almost a month that I've ordered a Gekkoscience BM1384.
Order is confirmed, but there isn't any info about shipping date, availability anything at all.
Also, from the site when "contact is"  is selected, it leads to a broken page.

I've trusted the asicpuppy based on the info provided here, but they seems very unprofessional from customer handling point of view.

How I can get any feedback when the order will be shipped?
If it arrived broken then send it back. You’re covered with ebays buyer protection.
Activity: 1
Hello people !!
Signed up to try to get some help with this miner. I purchased it from EBAY and it arrived broken. I would like to repair it. Looking at the comparisons to my other miners and pictures of this model online and have marked the locations of the missing components. I was wanting to know if anyone would know what these are exactly so that I could replace them.

https://postimg.cc/rRFGqwRT
Pages:
Jump to: