Pages:
Author

Topic: Going after Trendon Shavers, Pirateat40, BTCST - page 13. (Read 48518 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I think it's important to point out that we don't really know how many depositors he had. Lots of them could have been fluff to promote confidence.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

2) He runs gpumax.com, which is registered under "Don Shrents".  A little investigation would easily dig up how these people are related.

Also, GPUMAX technologies LLC is a registered company in Texas.

Other managing members of GPUMAX Technologies:

Zach Nakaska (also on Business Cognition)
Michael Thalasinos
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
Has anyone added up the amount of btc passed via ppt operators to Pirate?  I'm not interested in what people believed their account balances to be, but the actual net number of Bitcoins that flowed in to pirate...
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Depends on the country, Cambodia is 6 weeks:

http://tdvpassports.com/

Nice info. Paraguay is apparently 2 days, whereas I thought it was more like 3 years. Not all places are equally good to hide, though.

@moni3z: That's basically the gist of it. If we can't have our BTC back, then we'll collect his head instead. Hopefully it won't come to that, but if it does we should be well prepared.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Goat!

You need to stop talking on this subject right now. If you think that asking for donations to fund a lawyer is going to help this issue, you are so ignorant of the processes of business that you are dangerous to yourself.

To wit:

Lawyers don't provide information to the FBI.

The FBI does not investigate international financial fraud.

You are as likely if not more so when compared to pirate to be charged in this affair- YOU were the agency of the commission of the crime in accepting money and CLAIMING you sent it off to someone else.

You are the last verifiable point where anybody can state with certainty where the money went, and you are the one coming up with excuses not to return people's funds to them.

You have a well documented history of making very poor decisions- who paid for the trip for you to have drinks with pirate in Vegas is not your investors?

Understand that everything you have said in this matter has been kept on file, and will show up again in the prosecution of this matter, and you are one of the ones most likely to be left without a chair when the music stops. Thus far, at least one of the PPT co-conspirators has refunded his investors, I suggest you do the same immediately and at least get yourself out of that level of trouble, because right now you have a massive target on your back.
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
Reeses: Please stop quoting zyk. I'm already having to use the ignore button much more than I would like.

I do wish we had more flexible "ignore" and "unignore" capabilities, such as "unignore for thread" or "ignore replies".

I have him on ignore as well, but sometimes he's just so darned cute, like E.T. or Yoda.

Oh my Cutey, lets exchange mails and adresses then , may be we´ll

even marry in Vegas one day Cheesy

Cheers Zyk
donator
Activity: 151
Assholier-than-thou retard magnet
Reeses: Please stop quoting zyk. I'm already having to use the ignore button much more than I would like.

I do wish we had more flexible "ignore" and "unignore" capabilities, such as "unignore for thread" or "ignore replies".

I have him on ignore as well, but sometimes he's just so darned cute, like E.T. or Yoda.
Activity: 899
Merit: 1002
Really is no point chasing this guy down unless you want to lay criminal charges. You won't get a dime back. Ponzi's work by paying new money out in interest payments, and unless new money comes in there's nothing left. That and ponzi operators like to blow some of it on their lifestyle, like expensive vacations, food, hotels in vegas (lol) but hardly any of them have any hard assets you can sue to get back. Even Madoff had barely anything to show for the $50 billion that disappeared. All that was left was some pocket change and his condos in his wife's name.

Just from googling seems this pirate guy liked to gamble, probably it was all pissed up a rope playing bitcoin poker and he has a $1 left to his name. Or maybe he blew it in vegas when he met everybody. I bet when you find him he has nothing to show for the tons of coins he stole just like every other busted ponzi scheme operator.

Instead you can sue each other to retrieve each other's interest payments claiming it was your own money, since it prob was. That's exactly what happened in the madoff case

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

It usually takes 4-5 years to acquire citizenship in any country, which makes that less likely but not impossible.

Depends on the country, Cambodia is 6 weeks:

http://tdvpassports.com/
zyk
Humphrey Bogarts may be found already Wink but they do no good in virtuality

we need him to feel a real world transmission of contact....that may be enough....to save a lot of efforts and monies, sleazy laywers and judges would extort otherwise.
CK
Again, our blessed saint graces us with his genius.
Midget strip-o-gram.

The best kind of real world transmission of contact mankind has ever known.

Just now that you tell me : "The best kind of real world transmission of contact mankind has ever known."

So, thats really you ?

Cheers Zyk
I don't want to detract from the value of your listing this info, and I don't want to run this thread off the rails. However, I think the only bit of evidence we have for the 5.5M USD figure is his single boast of 'controlling' 500K BTC in an irc session. No?

A few of the PPT ops have also stated what's on their balance sheets. We could at least pull together a lower bound figure, which is still in the millions, without having to go on his word alone.

I reckon a lot of the early GPUMAX demand was probably genuine external customers who wanted to use it for pool hopping, but compared to running a Ponzi scheme that's not hugely profitable for Pirate himself.

Possibly, although that still leaves unanswered questions.

It's not uncommon for people to (unconsciously) make up aliases that keep some traits of their real names (initials, syllables etc) without realizing it.

Trendon Shavers
Don Shrents

That's likely. Apparently "Trendon Shavers" appears on his ID, although I haven't seen it myself. If that really is who pirate is, then I'd say he either really intends to pay out, or else he's already got citizenship somewhere he can avoid prosecution. That, or he's incredibly stupid.

It usually takes 4-5 years to acquire citizenship in any country, which makes that less likely but not impossible.

Does anyone know how long it took between the time bitcoinica got hacked and the time they started processing claims? It's been 4 weeks or so for pirate now..

donator
Activity: 151
Assholier-than-thou retard magnet

we need him to feel a real world transmission of contact....that may be enough....to save a lot of efforts and monies, sleazy laywers and judges would extort otherwise.

CK

Again, our blessed saint graces us with his genius.

Midget strip-o-gram.

The best kind of real world transmission of contact mankind has ever known.
zyk

CK
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
3) We have a decent estimate of the USD value of the funds he's liable for,
I don't want to detract from the value of your listing this info, and I don't want to run this thread off the rails. However, I think the only bit of evidence we have for the 5.5M USD figure is his single boast of 'controlling' 500K BTC in an irc session. No?
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
1) His name is probably Trendon Shavers, from McKinney TX.
2) He runs gpumax.com, which is registered under "Don Shrents".  A little investigation would easily dig up how these people are related.

It's not uncommon for people to (unconsciously) make up aliases that keep some traits of their real names (initials, syllables etc) without realizing it.

Trendon Shavers
Don Shrents

zyk

However, as long as he fails to inspire confidence that he's not just going to run away, we ought to keep whetting our knifes if only to make sure that pirate knows we're not playing around. There's plenty of useful information we could dig that would speed along the process of conviction should the stick become necessary.

1. Who has an BCST account and lives there ? bitlane?

2. Put up a wallet contolled by a "naysayer" who, even if difficult to find, sympathizes with bitlane Wink and has the communities future in mind ( BinaryMage ?).

3. They together finance some Humphrey Bogart to thouroughly investigate location and above mentioned identities around McKinney.

4. Report to in closed thread     https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--108657

Cheers Zyk
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Let's not forget the IRS is an entity that would be very interested in collecting what's owed on income earned, even if they need to take his house, cars, etc.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
I want a piece of him. How can I contribute to the cause?
Activity: 686
Merit: 564
makomk: That still doesn't make much sense. How was he able to pay miners over par and pay out interest at the same time? Unless he had some other purpose for it, that would have made him bleed money much faster.
I reckon a lot of the early GPUMAX demand was probably genuine external customers who wanted to use it for pool hopping, but compared to running a Ponzi scheme that's not hugely profitable for Pirate himself.
We already know quite a bit that would be useful to the authorities.

3) We have a decent estimate of the USD value of the funds he's liable for, and the fact that he has suddenly gone silent when the bill came due. (tax evasion is treason in the US these days, they'll hunt him if only for that)

4) We have circumstantial evidence that he may have been running a ponzi scheme, and that he could possibly have been involved in money laundering (why pay over par for mining activity?). Even if not, if he doesn't pay then it's still grand theft.

Assuming pirate doesn't come out and make some substantial announcement, and more importantly make a tangible effort to start coughing up, anyway. I think most of us are perfectly willing to accept that he can't pay interest from the time things fell apart, or would be satisfied just getting most of our money back.

However, as long as he fails to inspire confidence that he's not just going to run away, we ought to keep whetting our knifes if only to make sure that pirate knows we're not playing around. There's plenty of useful information we could dig that would speed along the process of conviction should the stick become necessary.

makomk: That still doesn't make much sense. How was he able to pay miners over par and pay out interest at the same time? Unless he had some other purpose for it, that would have made him bleed money much faster.
Pages:
Jump to: