Pages:
Author

Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP. [NooNooPol] - page 2. (Read 15271 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Warning: Confrmed Gavinista
August 25, 2015, 07:54:04 AM

A dynamic blocksize can outgrow (and disincentivise) whatever spam attack that anyone throws at it. BIP101 has no chance against that.

Dynamic dosn't mean infinite.

Spam attacks won't be infinite either. Go home.

Stick to your small blocks then, and fork off into a footnote in the history of bitcoin, Carlton
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
August 25, 2015, 07:49:31 AM

A dynamic blocksize can outgrow (and disincentivise) whatever spam attack that anyone throws at it. BIP101 has no chance against that.

Dynamic dosn't mean infinite.

Spam attacks won't be infinite either. Go home.
August 25, 2015, 07:47:07 AM

Blockstream was never meant to be in competition with Bitcoin and definitely could not pretend to any "unfair advantage". good morning lambtroll Smiley

Of course it is. To make a compelling business case fro sidechains, there has to be a large volume of traffic. The best way to get this volume ( without creating it or finding it yourself) is o take it from the existing traffic. If fee's can be forced upwards, it makes it easier to coax that traffic from native bitcoin to a privately run sidechain.

I should point out that I have no beef with the idea of sidechains. Or LN for that matter. But I feel they need to stand on their own merits, and compete for traffic on their own merits, and not through a competitive advantage achieved by an artificial price distortion.

If I was lambie, I would be inserting bouncing ponies here.  Wink
Activity: 854
Merit: 1007
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
August 25, 2015, 07:45:46 AM

Yeah, you truly are handicapped - finally something I agree with you on.   Grin  (joking)

Blocksize is already dynamic. Have a look at the recent block sizes, they vary from 300mb to over 900mb.

However, it will be always limited by whatever max blocksize is set to. Dynamic dosn't mean infinite.

And you are right, as max size gets larger, spam attacks are disincentiveised, so not sure why you say that.  Huh

You mean kilobytes. And it rarely hits 900 kb, its more like between 300-500, and if it rarely hits 1 mb, oh boy, i dont think a little delay will affect people.

Now to make it more performant i think the 4-8 mb block increase should be appropriate now, simultaneously with some internal payment processors, that can do the dust transactions inhouse (without fee, but centralized) while the big ones would go (with fee, but decentralized) on the blockchain.

XAPO,COINBASE,BITPAY, CIRCLE, etc could/should do it....
August 25, 2015, 07:37:10 AM

Yeah, you truly are handicapped - finally something I agree with you on.   Grin  (joking)

Blocksize is already dynamic. Have a look at the recent block sizes, they vary from 300kb to over 900kb. Edit: Cheesy fixed to kb. Thanks RealBitcoin

However, it will be always limited by whatever max blocksize is set to. Dynamic dosn't mean infinite.

And you are right, as max size gets larger, spam attacks are disincentiveised, so not sure why you say that.  Huh
legendary
August 25, 2015, 07:12:12 AM
BIP101 (and BIP100 as well) is gaining strength, caused by XT. That's the only thing that's important.

Both will get tossed aside once our good folks at Blockstream release their BIP for a flex cap  Smiley

And when that happens, we win.

Once blocks can grow at their own rate, blockstream will be in competition with native bitcoin, with no unfair advantage. And thats really whats going on here. Nobody gives a shit about XT v. Core.  Its about maintaining a level playing field.

Grin

Activity: 644
Merit: 504
Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks
August 25, 2015, 06:49:03 AM
BIP101 (and BIP100 as well) is gaining strength, caused by XT. That's the only thing that's important.

Both will get tossed aside once our good folks at Blockstream release their BIP for a flex cap  Smiley

Once blocks can grow at their own rate, blockstream will be in competition with native bitcoin, with no unfair advantage. And thats really whats going on here. Nobody gives a shit about XT v. Core.  Its about maintaining a level playing field.

Grin

Blockstream was never meant to be in competition with Bitcoin and definitely could not pretend to any "unfair advantage". good morning lambtroll Smiley
August 25, 2015, 06:46:29 AM

Grin
August 25, 2015, 06:37:58 AM

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
August 25, 2015, 06:31:42 AM
August 25, 2015, 06:25:16 AM

Frap.doc: "any ideas where to rehost "Gold collapsing, Bitcoin UP"? this is the only 1 i'm aware of: http://bitco.in/forum/"

The cheerleaders of banning and censoring still don't realise that they are the best supporters of their enemies. That's amazing.

XT is dead  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
August 25, 2015, 06:22:39 AM

Frap.doc: "any ideas where to rehost "Gold collapsing, Bitcoin UP"? this is the only 1 i'm aware of: http://bitco.in/forum/"

The cheerleaders of banning and censoring still don't realise that they are the best supporters of their enemies. That's amazing.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12224149
August 24, 2015, 08:34:14 PM
How about decentralization for big transactions and centralization for small ones?

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
August 24, 2015, 08:08:48 PM
How about decentralization for big transactions and centralization for small ones?

It's pretty hard to achieve decentralization on all levels, but we could use XAPO, COINBASE, BITPAY etc to transfer inhouse small payments, and their API could be integrated in any bitcoin merchant's system.

And for larger transactions, with larger fee, we will use the blockchain.

If this system would be realized then we would not need XT , and the blocksize increase can be postponed for alteast 20 years, until then hopefully miners will have better internet connection and bigger hard disks.

Why is it not viable? I just cant understand how the developers cant reach a consensus. It is embarrasing, and I start to lose big faith in them.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
August 24, 2015, 07:59:10 PM

August 24, 2015, 05:11:43 PM
Maybe these guys know the difference between ownership and verification?
August 24, 2015, 04:56:31 PM
My original Bitcoin is essentially held in escrow

Thought as much. You are handing over your bitcoin to a 3rd party, and you rely on trust to get it back, like any escrow service.

And dont give me "enforced with software" because it will be enforced by whoever has the majority in a 2-of-3 multisig.

Read my post above. Then read the sidechains white paper. Then come back here when you actually understand how this stuff works

Miss me with your "arguments to ignorance" until then.

A what now?

I won't bother arguing with you until you understand or have read the white paper. My "escrow" comment was a shortcut for your small brain to grasp.

Concentrate on SPV Proof.

Until then.

Miss me with your "arguments to ignorance"

Yawn.

SPV proofs are about verification. I'm talking about 'ownership'. You could have just simply said "You send your Bitcoins to a specially formed Bitcoin address. The address is specially designed so that the coins will now be out of your control...."  source
[ yeah, there is a load of proposed stuff which will absolutely, definitely, without a shadow of a doubt GUARANTEE you will get them back, you know, because rules, right?]

But, no. Don't reply. I think we are done here. I feel I'm flogging a donkey that has long since died.
legendary
August 24, 2015, 03:52:54 PM
The scaling debate is an open question, but it's now settled that XT is not the answer:

Doing nothing is worse.

Lol no.

Or is it based on the same bs that you extrapolated to get your 500k$ bitcoin?

On piece of advice, when you do not qualify, you STFU.

You seem scared. Just relax, let it happen.

rape! raaaaaaaaaaaaaaape!
August 24, 2015, 12:41:22 PM
My original Bitcoin is essentially held in escrow

Thought as much. You are handing over your bitcoin to a 3rd party, and you rely on trust to get it back, like any escrow service.

And dont give me "enforced with software" because it will be enforced by whoever has the majority in a 2-of-3 multisig.

Read my post above. Then read the sidechains white paper. Then come back here when you actually understand how this stuff works

Miss me with your "arguments to ignorance" until then.

A what now?

I won't bother arguing with you until you understand or have read the white paper. My "escrow" comment was a shortcut for your small brain to grasp.

Concentrate on SPV Proof.

Until then.

Miss me with your "arguments to ignorance"

Pages:
Jump to: