Pages:
Author

Topic: Good time to buy GPUs? - page 11. (Read 3630 times)

legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
July 20, 2018, 02:38:57 AM
My doubt is that, once a new range of gpus are launched, the older gpus will be out of circulation, right?
Actually, no.
Some manufacturers will still make previous models even if there's a newly released GPU model.

And secondhand GPU will still flood the flea market.
If you're fond of window shopping on websites that sell 2nd-hand computer parts, you will always come across the old GPU models.
The questions are the estimated time of usage and the quality of the products but it will still affect the price of the bnew ones.
Activity: 252
Merit: 8
July 20, 2018, 02:26:11 AM
The older generation doesn't disappear immediately. All of the sources point to an August or Sept release for next gen Nvidias so best will be to wait for new launch. Prices are still high and the markwt is not good as it used to be.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
July 20, 2018, 02:09:22 AM
i prefer you buy when ether low. since that impact on rig model. today gpu is cheap and that you must look too impact of dollar to your real currency. as i used now is old. and already selling because im do developing. what i seek is. what make good that rigs by algos. example cryptonote. what good for that gpu mining. or x11 or many more algo by compabilty of VGA. old times i used 1050 and now i sell them for masternodes installing.
gpus are not cheap, cheap was $240 for an 8gb 580 , 375 for a 1070

Activity: 882
Merit: 250
Founder Nur1Labs
July 19, 2018, 11:54:43 PM
i prefer you buy when ether low. since that impact on rig model. today gpu is cheap and that you must look too impact of dollar to your real currency. as i used now is old. and already selling because im do developing. what i seek is. what make good that rigs by algos. example cryptonote. what good for that gpu mining. or x11 or many more algo by compabilty of VGA. old times i used 1050 and now i sell them for masternodes installing.
Activity: 127
Merit: 1
http://fpgadeck.com/
July 19, 2018, 10:43:24 PM
Been mining for almost 1.5 years now. As time goes, so is my GPU count. Built 2 nvidia powered rigs, up and running smoothly. BTC prices are so unpredictable, and so are the altcoin prices which are almost a reflection of what BTC has become today. nvidia might launch new gpus anytime sooner or may be longer than expected. My doubt is that, once a new range of gpus are launched, the older gpus will be out of circulation, right? Well in that case older gpus will not be available then. And for the new gpus, the price will never look similar to the older ones. So, is it really the right time to buy gpus which is available for cheaper price [not so much] in my city? [provided BTC will not suffer much in the coming months] or should I choose not to buy now?
Pages:
Jump to: