Pages:
Author

Topic: Google too closing crypto ads - page 4. (Read 827 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 250
March 13, 2018, 01:12:09 PM
OMG! bad news for ICOs and also another cryptocurrency Angry but there are another crypto advertising network. it can be solved these problem. its like Cointraffic.io . they are very good. no its time to move from google adword
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
March 13, 2018, 01:10:59 PM
They are doing that just to protect us…we do need their protection because cryptocurrencies are really bad. There there is the risk of becoming rich or independent from bureaucracy and control of states and banks. They will help to prevent people from advertising financial products and services frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices.

For those who have not understood it, I am ironic. Although I’m not so surprise of this news, we will have to struggle a lot against the establishment.
I think because of the rising population of user of cryptocurrency and since where growing many coins and ICOs are came and most of them are scam, thats why Google are not allowing crypto to make ads in there website because they want to be safe all the people who using there website and they want to protect many people to not a victim of a scammer.
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
March 13, 2018, 01:09:58 PM
Following the lead of Facebook, Google found suspending accounts, funds relating to ICO.
Google's adword platfrom was one of the prime choice of ICO and now it's getting ever more difficult for Project to get places to advertise.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-advertisers-on-google-adwords-report-ad-suspensions-and-account-terminations

The day seems not far facebook and twitter blocking the post links related to ICO.

these platforms are just preparing for proper ICOs regulator which is upon us. SEC already making first steps that direction with other jurisdictions calling upon the same
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
March 13, 2018, 01:06:23 PM
They are doing that just to protect us…we do need their protection because cryptocurrencies are really bad. There is the risk of becoming rich or independent from bureaucracy and control of states and banks. They will help to prevent people from advertising financial products and services frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices.

For those who have not understood it, I am ironic. Although I’m not so surprise of this news, we will have to struggle a lot against the establishment.
Activity: 329
Merit: 10
March 13, 2018, 01:03:40 PM
Following the lead of Facebook, Google found suspending accounts, funds relating to ICO.
Google's adword platfrom was one of the prime choice of ICO and now it's getting ever more difficult for Project to get places to advertise.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-advertisers-on-google-adwords-report-ad-suspensions-and-account-terminations

The day seems not far facebook and twitter blocking the post links related to ICO.

if google closed the crypto ads it seems that because crypto does not really contribute more to google and it seems also google does not want to interfere with the affairs of cryptocurrency, yes you are still a lot of news and speculation is not necessarily valid.
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
March 13, 2018, 12:51:42 PM
That is obvious, but google is trying to protect people from scammers. some scammers are using google ads to decieve people by putting fake details on their ads. a good scammer can create a fake MEW phishing site and promote the link using google ads for people to click and get redirected to the fake site to steal their details. 
Lol what are saying? Only a complete idiot would fall into the obviously a trap we all know that myetherwallet doesn't advertise it's services because people come to them to use their wallet. It's annoying when someone emailed you many times with phishing links saying that myetherwallet was hacked today i received 20 spam emails with phishing links.
Activity: 196
Merit: 102
March 13, 2018, 12:37:20 PM
That is obvious, but google is trying to protect people from scammers. some scammers are using google ads to decieve people by putting fake details on their ads. a good scammer can create a fake MEW phishing site and promote the link using google ads for people to click and get redirected to the fake site to steal their details. 
But only a complete moron would click a MEW link that comes from an ad, that is completely insane. Not actually but still super naive to trust anybody on the internet, you gotta always protect yourself thats number one priority.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
March 13, 2018, 12:29:59 PM
There are too many scam projects and Google do not have enough personnel to investigate the projects which use its ads, so the best void to cope with problem is to avoid it.
Activity: 176
Merit: 10
March 13, 2018, 12:27:55 PM
Activity: 588
March 13, 2018, 11:31:14 AM
Facebook take action against ICO ads & now Google also decide to ban Crypto ad, might possible after that Twitter take some action.

In fact they don’t want ad about scam project, it will make more difficult to advertise a real ICO too.
I think they have to take some verification from ICO but not ban ad.
Activity: 630
March 13, 2018, 11:21:35 AM
I constantly get ICO advert on my feed  and how come such services have not been disabled yet if this news of Google deactivating cryptocurrency advertising is true?  I think in this space of technology,  there is no absolute guarantee of any kind, but there are established service that can not be removed.
Activity: 58
Merit: 1
Sponsy Tokensale is Hot! www.sponsy.org
March 13, 2018, 11:16:57 AM
I agree with those people that wrote above. Google most likely plans to launch crypto-currency and tries to remake its traffic under it.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
March 13, 2018, 11:13:38 AM
Earlier the statements slipped and on Facebook but still there are advertising announcements on the crypt. The blocks are somehow dislocated.         
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
March 13, 2018, 03:30:56 AM

This is a sad news actually because we might miss the best ICOs or projects that will be worth investing. But as long it doesn't affect the value of the prices I think we will still be okay.

I think they should take the Facebook approach and try and filter out ICO projects that are scammy in nature.

Otherwise it'd be unfair to actually good ICOs.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
March 13, 2018, 03:18:28 AM
i don't know when people are going to realize that ICO is not equal to cryptocurrencies!

ICO is Initial Coin Offering which is practically a method of raising funds. and since most of these ICOs are pure scams and are just taking money from people that is considered illegal in a lot of places so they ban them and a lot of countries have already banned them.

cryptocurrencies are altcoins and nobody has any issues with them.
Activity: 840
Merit: 101
March 13, 2018, 03:17:03 AM

This is a sad news actually because we might miss the best ICOs or projects that will be worth investing. But as long it doesn't affect the value of the prices I think we will still be okay.
GFE
Activity: 336
March 13, 2018, 03:12:19 AM

Personally I didn't see that Facebook blocks ICO posts. Also a lot of projects make posts about ICO without ban
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
March 13, 2018, 03:12:06 AM
If this information is true, there is no problem at all. There is legitimate need for ICO to be created and project that do not fit into bank old standard will need to raise fund and will always do that with ICO. I think what will happen is there will be another search engine dedicated to ICO for advert and it will be successful.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
March 13, 2018, 03:09:08 AM
Is it true? Bad news for crypto market
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
March 13, 2018, 03:05:34 AM
Is this already implemented? I think I have seen an ad or two that are related to cryptocurrencies. Anyway, who can blame Google? They need to do some cleansing of sites that are only scamming people using the crypto name. The problem with this is that the legit crypto projects, those that are truly helpful to the welfare of the people and the business market, are going to be banned as well along with the scams. I hope Google will integrate a mechanism that will remove the bad eggs and allow the good ones to continue. And another concern, they are treating crypto a bit harder. There are so many scam ads in Google. I know everyone noticed that.

I don't think it's happening yet. Even Facebook still has ICO ads, even after saying they banned it.

So I think it will take some time for them to implement it.
Pages:
Jump to: