Pages:
Author

Topic: Google too closing crypto ads - page 8. (Read 827 times)

Activity: 194
Merit: 10
March 12, 2018, 01:32:47 PM
Good idea,so that these scammy ICOs wont have any  chance to solicit money from noob investors.Might be a good idea for our community and for those bounty hunters because they are the last resort of these ICOs to get promoted,no facebook ads and google ads will be a good advantage for us because bitcointalk will be the choice of these ICOs.
Activity: 490
Merit: 136
March 12, 2018, 01:30:59 PM
I wouldnt start panicking just yet.
there is nothing coming officially from the google camp yet.
realistically how can google determine which ICO is legitimate and which is not?
There are other google platforms which legitimate ICO's can use to advertise their project without using the adwords such as Youtube, Google+ and Blogger.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
March 12, 2018, 01:30:32 PM
I got an impression that google blocks only unreliable ico. So it is a good tool for us to check the reliability of ICO and sort out the scams.

This is what I wanted to also say.
And with the news about miners hidden inside ads, Google had to make a move, at least to tell "we are looking into all this crypto thing, don't worry".
Activity: 364
https://bvo.trybravo.com/
March 12, 2018, 01:25:26 PM
I got an impression that google blocks only unreliable ico. So it is a good tool for us to check the reliability of ICO and sort out the scams.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
March 12, 2018, 01:23:25 PM
This is very very bad news. If google really closes the advertisement it will be the strongest blow to the crypto-vault. I hope this is a fake.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1268
March 12, 2018, 01:19:59 PM
I'm not sure this is a blanket ban on all Cryptocurrency ads, we must
wait for an official google announcement before pressing the PANIC
button.

Here is the opening line from the report

"Some advertisers using Google Adwords to promote cryptocurrency
related businesses are seeing a drop in their ad views, with other users
posting about suspension of both their ads and their accounts, Finance
Magnates reported on March 8."

Im taking the most important word of that opening sentence at the
moment to be SOME!

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
March 12, 2018, 01:08:09 PM
I simply cannot believe it until they make an official statement. Maybe the banned account is violating some google rules and  got banned instead of advertising a cryptocurrency related things.
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
March 12, 2018, 01:04:40 PM
Google and Facebook did not make such a decision themselves. They are pressured by the FBI. It's hard for the FBI guys to control financial flows organized through crypto-currency resources, so they hide behind supposedly good intentions to save investor's capitals. In fact, they want to use Google to calculate the miners and crypto-currency traders, in order to cover their activities.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
March 12, 2018, 12:54:38 PM
This is bad news for the whole cryptocurrency industry. For a few months the big banking giants, facebook, instagram and others are trying to fight this sector in every way, now Google is added. I think they are the main cause of this market crisis but they will not be able to stop this great revolution
Activity: 1680
Merit: 505
March 12, 2018, 12:52:55 PM
It can have a positive effect. Perhaps the number of ICO frauds will decrease, and the best and most promising projects will have better development opportunities.
Activity: 309
Merit: 102
Presale is live!
March 12, 2018, 12:45:48 PM
Nice, these platforms were nonetheless being used for promoting scam icos and websites. Don't know how many people got hacked or lost their coins due to visiting a phising site through these ads.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
March 12, 2018, 12:28:08 PM
I think they are banning crypto ads because there is growing number of people who are engaging to crypto without a knowledge on how it works. In this way ICO scam will be lessen and legit ICO will remain
Activity: 679
Merit: 102
March 12, 2018, 11:51:04 AM
Following the lead of Facebook, Google found suspending accounts, funds relating to ICO.
Google's adword platfrom was one of the prime choice of ICO and now it's getting ever more difficult for Project to get places to advertise.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-advertisers-on-google-adwords-report-ad-suspensions-and-account-terminations

The day seems not far facebook and twitter blocking the post links related to ICO.
If its true many scam ICO will lessen but do you think google would reject if the offer of payment is too high? for banning the ICO in the google I think this one is a fud so that many investor would panic to sell their coin in a cheap price and many people would buy on the lower price then they will have a huge profit when the price goes up.
Activity: 462
Merit: 260
March 12, 2018, 11:49:21 AM
Following the lead of Facebook, Google found suspending accounts, funds relating to ICO.
Google's adword platfrom was one of the prime choice of ICO and now it's getting ever more difficult for Project to get places to advertise.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-advertisers-on-google-adwords-report-ad-suspensions-and-account-terminations

The day seems not far facebook and twitter blocking the post links related to ICO.

Not all crypto adds are prohibited by Google Adsense.
I read the Cointelegraph's Article "Some" That means other advertisers have been banned because of "Misleading" information.

Because it has a big risk scam project!

If it is reviewed carefully,
It is our favor for investors / bounty hunters because we can avoid joining the scam project and do not waste our time and of course the investment we worked hard.
Activity: 90
Merit: 11
March 12, 2018, 11:33:24 AM
It is a reasonable decision by Google. We know for sure that most ICOs are Scam. I am just sad cause the honest business that works with cryptos and blockchain will not be able to advertise their product, and that is a lost.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 251
KUWA.ai
March 12, 2018, 11:31:23 AM

But there is a way to promote ico. If we are seeing those companies are only banning ico banner. It seems personal advertisement through the timeline will to be allowed by facebook or twitter as long as that can't be considered as another spam.

Just waiting for the more news regarding it soon.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
March 12, 2018, 09:38:37 AM

All this is due to the fact that some projects that place their advertising are scammers. According to this Google, Facebook, thus do not take responsibility. Maybe this is correct ...
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
March 12, 2018, 09:36:53 AM
If this happens, we should count it a good thing. Facebook did it and the crypto community is still bubbling after that. It only goes to put a bit of sanity on the whole frenzy. Besides, ICOs have become scam ventures now with devs only out to steal public funds and then scamper to safety. I believe this should help put a regulation on ICOs. It's a welcome development, for me.
Activity: 224
Merit: 12
March 12, 2018, 09:32:19 AM
they can not ban posts, but ads will be banned
Activity: 154
March 12, 2018, 09:30:38 AM
I have a question, u mentioned that the twitter and Facebook banned the ICO information. While there are many media bounty campaign required participants to share the official sites or post some related information. So all these campaign will be scammer?
Pages:
Jump to: