Pages:
Author

Topic: Google too closing crypto ads - page 9. (Read 827 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
March 12, 2018, 09:28:45 AM
It may slow down the ico bubble, I think very good projects don't need advertisement too much, it is easy to make an ico and collect money for them. This is rather a problem for little projects and scam ones
Activity: 224
Merit: 12
March 12, 2018, 09:27:57 AM

I think these big companies, in fact, are afraid of the proportions that companies can launch Gigantic icos like TELEGRAM, and surpass them in collection and market value.
Activity: 84
Merit: 4
Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io
March 12, 2018, 09:22:51 AM
Oh, I think this is very good because most google adds were just shitty ICOs. Now we have more room to do campaigns here in Bitcointalk where people know more about cryptos.

True that, most of them are literally scam and we should get rid of them. it's much better to have less ICO but with a higher quality.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
March 12, 2018, 09:20:45 AM
I don't know if this news is real or not cause I still see a lot of advertisement related to ICO and cryptocurrency on Google. Beside I don't think Google will deny a big income source like cryptocurrency Smiley. Let see if this news is truthworthy or not cause atm there are a lot of FUD and a lot of people are trying to take advantage of news to ruin the crypto world.
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
March 12, 2018, 09:15:31 AM
Once Google shuts the door on crypto ads related to ICOs, then it will be much more difficult for teams to create awareness for their ICO.

The marketing teams behind serious ICO projects will have to come up with creative and effective new strategies that have never been used to create awareness to prospective investors.

On the plus side, shitty projects will have to work thrice as hard and spend resources to reach prospective investors.
Activity: 238
Merit: 38
March 12, 2018, 09:10:10 AM
With to many scam ICOs using these advertising platforms it's not an accident to see Google jumping in the game. Even if project is legit their ads are basic like "have you heard of bitcoin? Well buy tinto this ICO and get rich!" Since many websites use google ads then you can reach to huge list of audiences to whom you can market your product. At least this is one thing where I agree on google because they did this move.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
March 12, 2018, 09:07:41 AM
Following the lead of Facebook, Google found suspending accounts, funds relating to ICO.
Google's adword platfrom was one of the prime choice of ICO and now it's getting ever more difficult for Project to get places to advertise.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-advertisers-on-google-adwords-report-ad-suspensions-and-account-terminations

The day seems not far facebook and twitter blocking the post links related to ICO.

It could not be otherwise, people are crazy about icos and show no knowledge nor desire to build up their knowledge so they get scammed all the time. But that should change eventually. Too bad.
Activity: 812
Merit: 10
BountyMarketCap
March 12, 2018, 09:05:33 AM
They are banning fraudulant ico ads i guess, with the massive acceptance and upgradation of everything to blockchain, it will not take long before platforms like facebook and google will also implement blockchain technology in their platforms as well.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
March 12, 2018, 09:02:27 AM
How possible could this be. I do not think google will follow suit with facebook or twitter to block ICO projects ad. This is the major platform used for advertisements by most of these projects. I feel this night be FUD and to cause another panic i the crypto space. Until i come across other sources, then i will believe and confirm it is true. Moreover, i have not seen any ad. blocked of recent.

I hope this is all just a bunch of FUD as well.  A blanket ban will definalety hinder legitimate projects from reaching their target audience.  Its up to the individuals to do their research into specific projects prior to their investment. 
Activity: 462
Merit: 13
March 12, 2018, 08:59:36 AM
How possible could this be. I do not think google will follow suit with facebook or twitter to block ICO projects ad. This is the major platform used for advertisements by most of these projects. I feel this night be FUD and to cause another panic i the crypto space. Until i come across other sources, then i will believe and confirm it is true. Moreover, i have not seen any ad. blocked of recent.
Activity: 770
Merit: 14
www.thegeomadao.com
March 12, 2018, 08:53:25 AM
Following the lead of Facebook, Google found suspending accounts, funds relating to ICO.
Google's adword platfrom was one of the prime choice of ICO and now it's getting ever more difficult for Project to get places to advertise.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-advertisers-on-google-adwords-report-ad-suspensions-and-account-terminations

The day seems not far facebook and twitter blocking the post links related to ICO.
Pages:
Jump to: