Pages:
Author

Topic: GOP - Rand Paul's Presidential Highlight Reel w/ his Libertarian Twist - page 40. (Read 205816 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Among his first legislative proposals: cutting $500 billion in federal spending and a plan to balance the federal budget in just five years.

Rand has been a vocal advocate for term limits, a balanced-budget amendment, a Read the Bills Act, and an audit of the Federal Reserve. He has gained prominence for his independent positions on many political issues.

I love that he is a vocal advocate of term limits...politicians are meant to serve as a duty to country, not as a means for a high paying career. More politicians should follow his lead on this.
If he could balance the budget in Year 1, I'd give his more credit...5 year plan is too pansy, be a STRONG leader and stop the insane overspending.
Finally, if Dr. Paul will once and for all support mandatory vaccinations (as it is not a matter of allowing individual liberty to a few nutjobs, but rather putting millions of others in potential harm), he would lock in my vote, along with 10's of millions of like minded Americans, should he make it to the General election.

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

Being the "Lone Candidate Who’d Guard Civil Liberties" should help Rand stand out in the crowded field.
I used to really like watching the TV debates, but those first few this year are going to have way too many people on the stage.
I just hope Rand gets more time than his dad used to get. At some point, I just couldn't take it watching an hour and a half debate and Ron getting like 2mins of time to speak. I think this time around the venues or the channel doing the debate may set some criteria to keep the number of candidates between 7 and 12 cause, yeah, you can't have everyone and their brother running. No point in making people tune out by having a dog and pony show considering ratings are on the line. There's usually some post debate poll taken allowing people to text their debate winner and this is something we've always succeeded at and they don't like reporting that our guy is the chief to all the viewers.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
Rand Paul Tries to Stake Territory as Lone Candidate Who’d Guard Civil Liberties

SAN FRANCISCO — Senator Rand Paul can’t stop swearing.

“What the hell is a Republican doing in San Francisco?” he blared to a crowd of 150 Bay Area tech entrepreneurs intrigued enough to come hear him speak on Saturday.

The people who support his crusade against the National Security Agency’s surveillance dragnet? “The leave-me-the-hell-alone coalition,” Mr. Paul calls them.

Then there is his biggest and most reliable stump-speech applause line: “What you do on your phone is none of the government’s damn business.” Mr. Paul may soon put it on T-shirts. They would make nice companions to the $15 “NSA Spy Cam Blocker,” which covers laptop webcam lenses in hopes of shutting Big Brother’s prying eyes.

As Congress and the courts try to resolve the difficult question of how far the federal government may go in collecting data on citizens’ private communications, Mr. Paul has become the most unabashed and unambiguous opponent of renewing those far-reaching powers of any presidential candidate.

“The right to be left alone is the most cherished of rights,” he said here over the weekend. “There’s not one other candidate on the Republican side or the Democratic side who’s willing to say: ‘On Day 1 I’d stop it all. I would end all bulk collection of records.’ ”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/12/us/politics/rand-paul-tries-to-stake-territory-as-lone-candidate-whod-guard-civil-liberties.html?_r=0

Being the "Lone Candidate Who’d Guard Civil Liberties" should help Rand stand out in the crowded field.
I used to really like watching the TV debates, but those first few this year are going to have way too many people on the stage.
legendary
2016 Presidental Candidate
“Senator Rand Paul”
Accepts Palm Beach County (FL) Tea Party’s Invitation

Thursday, May 21, 2015
FAU Lifelong Learning Society, Jupiter Campus
5353 Parkside Drive, PA-134, Jupiter, FL 33458
Doors open at 6:30pm – $25.00 P.P.

Dr. Rand Paul is the junior U.S. Senator for Kentucky. Elected in 2010, he has proven to be an outspoken champion for constitutional liberties and fiscal responsibility, and a warrior against government overreach. Among his first legislative proposals: cutting $500 billion in federal spending and a plan to balance the federal budget in just five years. He has since introduced similar bills with growing support. In the Senate, Rand serves on the Foreign Relations, Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, Homeland Security and Government Affairs, and Small Business Committees.

Rand has been a vocal advocate for term limits, a balanced-budget amendment, a Read the Bills Act, and an audit of the Federal Reserve. He has gained prominence for his independent positions on many political issues.

Rand has been married for 23 years to Kelley Ashby of Russellville, Ky., and they have three sons.
A graduate of Duke University School of Medicine, Rand was a practicing ophthalmologist in Bowling Green, Ky., for 17 years.
legendary
Rand Paul Tries to Stake Territory as Lone Candidate Who’d Guard Civil Liberties

SAN FRANCISCO — Senator Rand Paul can’t stop swearing.

“What the hell is a Republican doing in San Francisco?” he blared to a crowd of 150 Bay Area tech entrepreneurs intrigued enough to come hear him speak on Saturday.

The people who support his crusade against the National Security Agency’s surveillance dragnet? “The leave-me-the-hell-alone coalition,” Mr. Paul calls them.

Then there is his biggest and most reliable stump-speech applause line: “What you do on your phone is none of the government’s damn business.” Mr. Paul may soon put it on T-shirts. They would make nice companions to the $15 “NSA Spy Cam Blocker,” which covers laptop webcam lenses in hopes of shutting Big Brother’s prying eyes.

As Congress and the courts try to resolve the difficult question of how far the federal government may go in collecting data on citizens’ private communications, Mr. Paul has become the most unabashed and unambiguous opponent of renewing those far-reaching powers of any presidential candidate.

“The right to be left alone is the most cherished of rights,” he said here over the weekend. “There’s not one other candidate on the Republican side or the Democratic side who’s willing to say: ‘On Day 1 I’d stop it all. I would end all bulk collection of records.’ ”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/12/us/politics/rand-paul-tries-to-stake-territory-as-lone-candidate-whod-guard-civil-liberties.html?_r=0
legendary
Black Caucus Members, Sen. Rand Paul Meet on Justice Reform

Eight members of the Congressional Black Caucus met today with Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) in a small room adjacent to the cloak rooms on the House floor. The members convened the bipartisan meeting to focus on what they might be able to work on in the future regarding justice reform.

Attending the gathering were Reps. Bobby Scott (D-VA), Corrine Brown (D-FL), Frederica Wilson (D-FL), Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX), Al Green (D-TX), Cedric Richmond (D-LA), Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ), and staff members from House Judiciary. Sen. Paul could be seen on the House floor chatting with members before the meeting as the House voted on the USA Freedom Act.

The justice reform powwow was convened by Rep. Scott who has successfully worked with Republicans and fellow Senate Democrats to pass several justice reform bills into law in recent years. Over the last five to even years, justice reform has become increasingly bipartisan.

http://www.crewof42.com/cbc-2/black-caucus-members-randpaul-meet-on-justice-reform/
legendary
Meet Rand Paul Monday May 18th in Philadelphia! (Independence Hall)
https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/599040878703874049/photo/1
legendary
Sen. Rand Paul: What You Discuss on Your Phone Is None of the Government’s Business

The sacrifice of our personal liberty for security is and will forever be a false choice

I’ve long said what you discuss on your phone is none of the government’s business, and the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit agrees.

Today, the federal court struck down the government’s sweeping, undefined, and illegal war on civil liberties, ruling that it is unlawful for the National Security Agency to collect the bulk phone records of American citizens.

The three judge panel slams the overreach of the NSA’s limitless metadata collection and privacy intrusion, writing in the opinion that the program was an “unprecedented contraction of the privacy expectations of all Americans.” The court judges the program’s premise as ineffectual, stating “the records demanded are all-encompassing; the government does not even suggest that all of the records sought, or even necessarily any of them, are relevant.”

This is an important victory for privacy, but the fight for liberty must continue in the Supreme Court and Congress until this grave miscarriage of justice is completely repealed.

http://time.com/3851286/nsa-court-decision-rand-paul-patriot-act/
legendary
Rand Paul on Stephanopoulos' 'breach of journalistic etiquette' – Hannity 5/14/15

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4237447215001/paul-on-stephanopoulos-breach-of-journalistic-etiquette/

Great interview by Rand and it was damning upon George Steponallofus. GS is part of the Clinton Cartel that needs to be seen far and wide.
legendary
I would expect that Fox's audience of millions would note that there was one glaring and obvious dismissal and hiding aspect here and that is that Rand isn't showing on the list above, despite their thoughts toward him that were driven over time by the channel towards him. Hello, where's Waldo/Rand? Sadly, I doubt it even crossed their radar which is what sux and is disgraceful.
legendary
Fox News excludes Rand in head to head polling against Hillary Clinton

It's on page 20. They polled just about every other Republican verses Clinton, including candidates who aren't polling high at all such as Fiorina and John Kasich. This is outrageous but to be expected. Rand did the best against Hillary in their poll last time, so they had to exclude him this time. We're just going to have to expect more of this throughout the entire campaign.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2015/05/13/fox-news-polls-huckabee-seen-as-more-ethical-than-most-clintons-favorable-slips/

I saw the segment earlier on Fox's Special Report w/ Bret Baier and the hatchet job was to show Rand polling at 7% because Carson just got his post announcement bump which much of his support is transferable to and from Rand. They either didn't poll Rand against Hillary which doesn't make sense, so instead they found out what normally happens (Rand polls highest against Hillary than any other republican) and decided they wouldn't include it in the news segment so they could only show Bush eeking Hillary out rather than Rand too. Very dirty.
This is the frame that I saw which tipped me off to look into this whole thing even further especially because the posted the GOP poll results of Rand out of the race and down at 7% but wouldn't show him in a matchup against Hillary.
legendary
RNC (Republican Nat'l Cmte) Online Straw Poll

hxxps://www.gop.com/presidential-straw-poll/

E-mail required. Tip: Make a separate e-mail address specifically for things such as polls, etc. So that you do not get spam in your primary account.
legendary
Judge Andrew Napolitano: Rand Paul Versus Ted Cruz on the Fourth Amendment

A decision last week about NSA spying by a panel of judges on the United States Court of Appeals in New York City sent shock waves through the government. The court ruled that a section of the Patriot Act that is due to expire at the end of this month and on which the government has relied as a basis for its bulk acquisition of telephone data in the past 14 years does not authorize that acquisition. This may sound like legal mumbo jumbo, but it goes to the heart of the relationship between the people and their government in a free society. Here is the backstory and the latest.

The Patriot Act is the centerpiece of the federal government's false claims that by surrendering our personal liberties to it, it can somehow keep us safe. The liberty-for-safety offer has been around for millennia and was poignant at the time of the founding of the American republic. The Framers addressed it in the Constitution itself, where they recognized the primacy of the right to privacy and insured against its violation by the government by intentionally forcing it to jump through some difficult hoops before it can capture our thoughts, words, or private behavior.

More...http://reason.com/archives/2015/05/14/rand-paul-versus-ted-cruz-4th-amendment
legendary
The Kelly File on Fox - Rand Paul Reacts To Jeb Bush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_kWm_WfOx0
Talk about why the Iraq invasion wasn't worth it and how toppling dictators allows extremists to thrive. Also talks about how wrong Jeb was for agreeing w/ his bro's moves in Iraq.
legendary
Interview: Rand Paul tees off on Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio

Rand Paul ramped up his criticism of Jeb Bush’s remarks on Iraq, rebuking the former Florida governor Wednesday for an “incredibly fumbled answer” over the 2003 military invasion. He then took a swing at Marco Rubio for being on the “wrong side of history” by supporting foreign aid.

“If any Republican nominee wants to run on the idea that borrowing money and printing it up and sending it to foreign countries that often hate us and burn our flag and think it’s a good idea, feel free to run on that issue,” Paul said in an interview with POLITICO. “But it’s not really popular with the people.”

With foreign policy beginning to dominate the GOP race for the White House, the Kentucky Republican is taking a more aggressive line, hoping to raise questions over the judgment of his rivals at a time when many voters are uncertain about his anti-interventionist views.

Despite accusations from some in the party establishment that Paul is an isolationist, the 52-year-old senator is betting that rank-and-file GOP voters will widely endorse his calls for a smaller U.S. footprint worldwide. And he’s weighing whether to make an even bigger splash next week by attempting to mount a talking filibuster to prevent Congress from extending the controversial PATRIOT Act, a key priority for leading GOP hawks.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/interview-rand-paul-tees-off-on-jeb-bush-marco-rubio-117920.html#ixzz3a8dILA8j
legendary
New campaign video "Sanctity of Life" that should play well w/ the pro-lifers and evangelical types.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyRyG-n5S2U
legendary
Fox News excludes Rand in head to head polling against Hillary Clinton

It's on page 20. They polled just about every other Republican verses Clinton, including candidates who aren't polling high at all such as Fiorina and John Kasich. This is outrageous but to be expected. Rand did the best against Hillary in their poll last time, so they had to exclude him this time. We're just going to have to expect more of this throughout the entire campaign.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2015/05/13/fox-news-polls-huckabee-seen-as-more-ethical-than-most-clintons-favorable-slips/

I saw the segment earlier on Fox's Special Report w/ Bret Baier and the hatchet job was to show Rand polling at 7% because Carson just got his post announcement bump which much of his support is transferable to and from Rand. They either didn't poll Rand against Hillary which doesn't make sense, so instead they found out what normally happens (Rand polls highest against Hillary than any other republican) and decided they wouldn't include it in the news segment so they could only show Bush eeking Hillary out rather than Rand too. Very dirty.
legendary
Rand Paul Appears on The Situation Room w/ Wolf Blitzer - May 13, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fauPLtXLgRY
Rand talks about how ousting dictators gives rise to radical islam and then mentions how polls in some blue states have him edging out Hillary, something that is rarely mentioned. He needs to drive this point in every interview because no news outlet is going to do it for him.
legendary
Sen. Rand Paul Visits Secret Room To Read Obamatrade, Calls For Public Release Of Deal Text

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)—an opponent of the secretive Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) that would fast-track the Pacific Rim trade deal Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP)—went inside the secret room inside the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday morning to read the TPP text and told Breitbart News exclusively afterwards that he believes President Barack Obama should make it public now.

The deal’s text is kept in a room behind double doors that each have signs: “No Public Or Media Beyond This Point.”

“It’s done like you’re going in to read a classified briefing though it’s not actually ‘classified.’ It’s called ‘confidential,’” Paul said in an interview with Breitbart News outside the room after reading it. Paul and his legal staff spent about 45 minutes in the room reading the deal’s text.
When asked for some of the details that are inside the TPP agreement, Paul said he’s not allowed to tell us that. But he did say the secret trade deal that his Kentucky colleague, Senate Majority Leader Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY), wants to rush through the Senate is about 800 pages long. He added he plans to seek additional information from the U.S. Trade Representative’s office—including a briefing from them—and suspects that the text he read isn’t even the final version of the deal.

“I think I am not supposed to reveal the details of it, but I can tell you it was about 800 pages long,” Paul said.

"I think while we’ve gotten at least some headway in understanding what’s in it, I think it raises more questions that will require more research to fully understand what’s in it. We’re going to pursue that with someone from the U.S. Trade Representative—we’re going to pursue more information from them. Some of the questions are whether we’re seeing the final agreement or this is in the interim agreement before the final agreement. That’s a question we still have. I have a feeling that what we’re seeing is a work product, not a final."
Paul said he thinks the secretive process makes it look like the government has “something to hide” and that he thinks if Obama opened up the process it’d make it easier for several Senators—and the American people—to truly understand what it is they’re voting on.
Paul, a 2016 GOP presidential candidate, stands alongside most of the rest of the field in opposition to Obamatrade. Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina compared the secretive process to Obamacare’s passage in the early days of this president’s administration. Dr. Ben Carson also called for more transparency, as did Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal. Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is concerned with the deal’s impacts on American workers.

On the other side, Sens. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) are in favor of the deal—even though it’s unclear if either has, like Paul now has, visited the secret room to read the text. Both could. Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and former Texas Gov. Rick Perry are also in favor of the deal, but wouldn’t be allowed through the doors to read it.

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL), the emerging conservative kingmaker and the leading intellectual conservative in Congress, has made an identical call to what Paul has for more transparency from the Obama administration.

Sessions, in a “critical alert” his office issued publicly and to other members on Capitol Hill before the recently-failed votes to begin debate on TPA fast track authority, listed out five “questions the White House will not answer.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/05/13/exclusive-sen-rand-paul-visits-secret-room-to-read-obamatrade-calls-for-public-release-of-deal-text/
legendary
Kelley Paul talks with Abby Huntsman on NBCs Two Spoons. Kelley Paul speaks about what Rand Paul is really like and how the misconceptions are completely not true. She talks about her biggest concerns about her husband's presidential campaign. Kelley Paul's book "True and Constant Friends" was just recently released and is in bookstores today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q61X_S_tRFM
Pages:
Jump to: