Pages:
Author

Topic: GOP - Rand Paul's Presidential Highlight Reel w/ his Libertarian Twist - page 78. (Read 205816 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
Bloomberg could have easily stopped the "gun control" advocate recalls in Colorado by buying the election officials there; he didn't, because he has bigger plans. With a net worth of $34 billion, he can afford to buy his way to the White House no matter how many vote against him. Kiss all human rights goodbye.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
realistically, whoever wins ohio and florida, the two swing states with the most electoral votes, is going to end up winning the race.
If Rand is the GOP nominee there'll be many more swing states than just the two of those. It will be an election unlike any we've ever seen in modern times. The party lines will be completely up in the air and there might even be a sideshow third party independent like a Donald Trump in there to try and peel support away from Rand the republican. Anything can happen which is why he's hiring all the right people and going to bat on the right issues to have a mass populist rising behind him.

Even worse than Donald Trump, former Mayor Bloomberg will run 3rd party.

bloomberg is a serious politician though....

Yes, that is why he is much worse.
Also, he has a huge fortune to spend part of on his own campaign.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
realistically, whoever wins ohio and florida, the two swing states with the most electoral votes, is going to end up winning the race.
If Rand is the GOP nominee there'll be many more swing states than just the two of those. It will be an election unlike any we've ever seen in modern times. The party lines will be completely up in the air and there might even be a sideshow third party independent like a Donald Trump in there to try and peel support away from Rand the republican. Anything can happen which is why he's hiring all the right people and going to bat on the right issues to have a mass populist rising behind him.

bloomberg is a serious politician though. donald trump is just a fluffer who tries to get in front of the camera..
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
I wonder if we'll get a Strom kind of case if Rand's elected the GOP's candidate. The GOP walks out of the delegation to form a "new" GOP, Rand isn't even allowed on the ballot in one state and sometimes shoved off to be called a third-party, assumed completely hopeless, and he ends up doing a Truman (I imagine the election map would look similar to the Dixiecrat election, too!). I guess that'd be more likely if it were Ron than Rand.
My guess is that Rand will moderate his tone on non-intervention, certain amounts of and keeping some military bases abroad to not get the neocons and their media treating him the way they did his dad. If he can minimize the hundreds of millions of negative press his dad got in the primary at least, he'll on a more even keel than we're used to. Or, he just keeps his cards close to the vest and just deal w/ the issue at hand whether it's Ukraine, Israel or beyond and not cast a wide net talking non-intervention like his dad did. I've noticed him doing that lately when he feels it's safe to come out against something that'll put him at major odds w/ the neocons and he comes out safe and ahead when it's a focused argument rather than a grandiose philosophical one.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
I wonder if we'll get a Strom kind of case if Rand's elected the GOP's candidate. The GOP walks out of the delegation to form a "new" GOP, Rand isn't even allowed on the ballot in one state and sometimes shoved off to be called a third-party, assumed completely hopeless, and he ends up doing a Truman (I imagine the election map would look similar to the Dixiecrat election, too!). I guess that'd be more likely if it were Ron than Rand.

there are more than 2 swing states obviously, but whoever wins ohio and florida is going to be president. that's close to 50 swing electoral votes there.

maybe rand should talk up legalized marijuana.. that's another 9 electoral votes from colorado potentially. it definitely falls in line with his liberterian approach.
legendary
legendary
Ohio (Quinnipiac): Clinton 46, Paul 42 - Everyone else FAR behind
Ohio Poll just released today by Quinnipiac:

Clinton: 46 (+4)
Paul: 42

Rand is tied with Clinton among voters ages 18-29, 44-44

Clinton: 48 (+11)
Bush: 37

Clinton: 46 (+9)
Christie: 37

Clinton : 47 (+7)
Kasich: 40

Margin of Error: +/- 2.7%
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/ohio/release-detail?ReleaseID=2066

A year ago, Hillary was easily above 50% margin and Rand was in the mid-low 30s. I should also mention for those that are unfamiliar that Ohio is a huge swing state that is a battleground so it's a lot different than if I posted a poll from Arkansas.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
I think it's funny a state like Iowa is able to have so much influence.  Grin
Seriously, caucus states are great for the rare candidates who have (unpaid) supporters who actually care, because it can take a lot more effort than a simple vote in a primary.
Grin You know you're dealing with a Paul supporter if they're frequently checking weather reports around election dates and praying for rain (or better, hail and snow).
legendary
Senator Rand Paul Kicks off State Wide Tour of Iowa (1st caucus in the nation for 2016)

WASHINGTON, DC - On August 4, 2014, Senator Rand Paul will travel to Council Bluffs, Iowa to kick off a three day tour of the hawkeye state. Multiple events are open to accredited media.
Monday, August 4

Iowa GOP Council Bluffs Victory Office
231 South Main Street
Council Bluffs, IA51503
12:30 p.m.

Iowa GOP Sioux City Victory Office
2526 Glen Avenue
Sioux City, IA 51106
3:00 p.m.

Steve King for Congress Fundraiser
The Barefoot Bar
24457 178th Street
Okoboji, IA 51355
6:30 p.m.

Tuesday, August 5

Cerro Gordo GOP Fundraiser
Mason City Airport Restaurant
9184 265th Street
Clear Lake, IA50428
8:00 a.m.

Iowa GOP Cedar Rapids Victory Office
1340 Blairs Ferry Road
Hiawatha, IA 52233
10:30 a.m.

Mariannette Miller-Meeks for Congress Fundraiser
The University Club
1360 Melrose Avenue
Iowa City, IA 52246
Noon

Von Maur Corporate Headquarters Tour/Speech
727 Veterans Memorial Parkway
Davenport, IA 52806
2:00 p.m.
2:30 p.m. media avail

Iowa GOP Davenport Victory Office
311 W. Kimberly Road
Davenport, IA 52806

Wednesday, August 6

Westside Conservative Club Breakfast
Machine Shed Restaurant
11151 Hickman Road
Urbandale, IA 50322
7:15 a.m.

Iowa GOP Des Moines Victory Office
2775 86th St.
Urbandale, IA 50322
8:30 a.m.
So what you say?

He's been through there plenty of times before doing fundraising and the like but this is more of a political infrastructure build up mission to where he's continuing to forge relationships w/ party officials, office holders and donors early on. Get the machine oiled up early and keep lining up the ducks.

I think it's funny a state like Iowa is able to have so much influence.  Grin
Seriously, caucus states are great for the rare candidates who have (unpaid) supporters who actually care, because it can take a lot more effort than a simple vote in a primary.
legendary
Senator Rand Paul Kicks off State Wide Tour of Iowa (1st caucus in the nation for 2016)

WASHINGTON, DC - On August 4, 2014, Senator Rand Paul will travel to Council Bluffs, Iowa to kick off a three day tour of the hawkeye state. Multiple events are open to accredited media.
Monday, August 4

Iowa GOP Council Bluffs Victory Office
231 South Main Street
Council Bluffs, IA51503
12:30 p.m.

Iowa GOP Sioux City Victory Office
2526 Glen Avenue
Sioux City, IA 51106

Steve King for Congress Fundraiser
The Barefoot Bar
24457 178th Street
Okoboji, IA 51355
6:30 p.m.

Tuesday, August 5

Cerro Gordo GOP Fundraiser
Mason City Airport Restaurant
9184 265th Street
Clear Lake, IA50428
8:00 a.m.

Iowa GOP Cedar Rapids Victory Office
1340 Blairs Ferry Road
Hiawatha, IA 52233
10:30 a.m.

Mariannette Miller-Meeks for Congress Fundraiser
The University Club
1360 Melrose Avenue
Iowa City, IA 52246
Noon

Von Maur Corporate Headquarters Tour/Speech
727 Veterans Memorial Parkway
Davenport, IA 52806
2:00 p.m.
2:30 p.m. media avail

Iowa GOP Davenport Victory Office
311 W. Kimberly Road
Davenport, IA 52806

Wednesday, August 6

Westside Conservative Club Breakfast
Machine Shed Restaurant
11151 Hickman Road
Urbandale, IA 50322
7:15 a.m.

Iowa GOP Des Moines Victory Office
2775 86th St.
Urbandale, IA 50322
8:30 a.m.
So what you say?

He's been through there plenty of times before doing fundraising and the like but this is more of a political infrastructure build up mission to where he's continuing to forge relationships w/ party officials, office holders and donors early on. Get the machine oiled up early and keep lining up the ducks.
legendary
Here's a new Rand Paul 2016 promo video that just came out that I'd like for the Bitcoiners of the world to check out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TmPtFij-B0
just under 6 mins

WTF did i just see.. MSNBC "pundits" almost endorsing rand paul.
My guess is they're trying to stoke division in the GOP circles but at the same time, these leftists do like it when they can get a republican to speak on some of their issues. That's what Rand Paul is is a hybrid. You can see him unveil his lefty libertarian elements in a populist way here just like he's done for those that would agree w/ him from the right. Check out this recent discussion (today) on the Roland Martin Show (has pretty big black following and from the south) where the subtitle, "Stuck on stupid partisans who attack Rand Paul need to stop tripping" describes the content when Rand Paul was being discussed. On one hand you have partisan liberal hacks that realize that Rand is stepping in their territory with substantive policy efforts and they're trying to steer their people away from at saying that it's just posturing or trying to play the black folk. Martin and people like him are the ones that are clearing the smoke so more black folks seeing that you can work w/ those that agree w/ you on a few issues. One guy on the panel likened some of these blacks that say you can't work w/ Paul cause he's white or is a republican by saying that: when slaves wanted to be free they didn't turn down help from those that were part of the southern underground railroad. It's pretty animating to hear these folks talk about Rand considering Rand has made criminal justice reform issues a focal point in his libertarian message. Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln9v5lo0XTQ#t=498

Yall can also check out Roland's website and get an idea for his demo's interests: http://rolandmartinreports.com/
Here's a new Rand Paul 2016 promo video that just came out that I'd like for the Bitcoiners of the world to check out:
just under 6 mins

WTF did i just see.. MSNBC "pundits" almost endorsing rand paul.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
just under 6 mins

Gah, the volume needs to be leveled out. Too soft, too loud, overdriven...
Activity: 504
Thanks for your patience.
legendary
just under 6 mins
legendary
I think bush has the best chances of winning as his family is one of the more politically powerful families in America.
Yeah, I guess it would matter as to whom the America people are sick of more, the Bushes or the Clintons (I'm not really even sold on her running yet). But frankly, I can't see the GOP base turning out it in droves for a Bush and Rand will be too popular for people to settle on Bush as the nominee.
I think if Clinton were to win the nomination then the GOP would likely teat her to shreds with her handling of bengazadi. 
There's more to it than that but yeah, Rand will smoke her like a joint.
The Clintons have gone through a lot of controversy, I am surprised that they still have the amount of political power that they do.
When Bill was running back in the 90s, his minions swooped into democratic party office positions (state and district chairs, vice chairs, secretaries, district and state cmte people - the major voting members in local and state parties throughout the country) but was taken over by the Obama community organizers in many areas which gave Obama the nod over Hillary back in '08. Also, through Clinton's Presidency there were a lot of young media personalities that were making their 'come up' during those times that are now seasoned mainstream media mouth pieces on the shows that the "informed drones" frequent for their news. Lastly, the Clintons have a significant history of involvement in criminal syndicates stemming from back at his time as Governor of Arkansas. Many people around them have been indicted and/or served time in prison for the savings and loans scandal, died under suspicious circumstances and we all know about the women that were sexually exploited. Here's some starter links for ya if you're interested to know what lies beneath the surface w/ the Clintons: http://circumspectnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/3-COMPROMISED-Clinton-Bush-CIA.pdf or the cliff notes - http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0fc_1172782399. There's much more to discuss about the Clinton's past but that's for another thread. Rand has already called out both of them on a few occasions and appears ready to demolish Hillary in debate if he can take her on in the general election
legendary
@chef ramsay

What's Rand opinion on foreign politic ? I find this article and i find more and more that some people in the libertarian community turn bad:

"It’s hard for me to explain the absurdity of Putin’s libertarians from my perspective. (I live in Ukraine.) It’s like libertarians defending North Korea and claiming that South Korea is a American puppet with US military bases. Certainly the military base is there, but . . . . You get the idea."

http://romaninukraine.com/email-to-a-putin-libertarian/
I would say that many of the people attracted to the Ron Paul libertarian message did so because of the non-interventionist focal point of it that he espoused during his campaigns and beyond. To most people, it came off as blame America first when all it really was was calling it like it is. Problem is, the media of all types (right, left, you name it) was able to demagogue this vein of libertarianism and turn people off to it. Only recently have the people grown tired of foreign intervention as things are getting worse for the average American household. That's how Ron Paul went down in the GOP primary: he was lambasted religiously on Fox and all the major radio talk shows to the tune of hundreds of millions of $ in negative press to republican party primary voters mostly based upon the blame America first meme despite most of these republicans liking everything else he stood for. Believe me, I've dealt w/ this first hand being Pauler.

On to Rand, I'd say he's much like his dad but is better at not giving up his full hand when speaking to the press. A professor goes on and on while cunning fox like Rand keeps things more closer to the vest and only reveals that which will make his issues sound good to the public and keeping them free of media demagoguery. Give a man a rope and he'll hang himself with it - Rand saw what his dad went through and I'm sure he's on a mission of sorts to not only promote liberty but to also make his dad's legacy immaculate. And, we have seen Rand make major inroads in making the Republican party more restrained in making moves abroad. No longer is it the neocon only version of the GOP as the focal point. In fact, whenever the McCain's of the GOP open their mouths, it pushes the average republican more into the Paul camp. If you're asking me what I see in Rand that is meaningful for the world, I'd say he'd likely reign in the CIA and not allow them to play covert games all over the world while shipping weapons, drugs and god knows what else to all these terror cells to get them ready to destabilize certain areas prompting more formal US involvement creating more death and MIC profits. And, then there's the libertarian domestic approach that the USA needs to once again look like it's past prosperous self.

Pages:
Jump to: