Pages:
Author

Topic: GOP - Rand Paul's Presidential Highlight Reel w/ his Libertarian Twist - page 92. (Read 205816 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
what is the consensus towards tea party candidates here? are you okay with them doing shit that is considered crazy by other dems and repubs?

If they are considered as crazy by the Democrats and the establishment Republicans, then for sure they must be doing something right. Fiscal cliff resulted from the stubbornness of Democrats, who refused to compromise on anything.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
what is the consensus towards tea party candidates here? are you okay with them doing shit that is considered crazy by other dems and repubs? you know, the fiscal cliff and all?

1) What is the real tea party, and what do they stand for?
2) In such an insane world what is "really crazy?"

Edit:
There are two tea parties. The original modern one was started by libertarian republicans in 2007 and the bogus mainstream one was started by the establishment ~1 year later. Any resulting confusing was surely intentional.

2) let's see.. everything that has come out of michelle bachman's mouth? anti vaccination? against the evidence of climate change? sharron engle's abortion quotes? obama muslim/birther conspiracies?

i haven't even gotten started with sarah palin yet. and todd akin.

Let's focus on Sarah Palin for a moment. She is a perfect example of the fake establishment "Tea Party" that was heavily promoted after the real one was going. I know who Michelle Bachman is but I've never paid too much attention to her....Glad to know she didn't fall for the climate change hoax.*  Cheesy

*ps. Please learn more about both sides of the "climate change" issue, you might be surprised what you find out.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
what is the consensus towards tea party candidates here? are you okay with them doing shit that is considered crazy by other dems and repubs? you know, the fiscal cliff and all?

Edit:
There are two tea parties. The original modern one was started by libertarian republicans in 2007 and the bogus mainstream one was started by the establishment ~1 year later. Any resulting confusing was surely intentional.

2) let's see.. everything that has come out of michelle bachman's mouth? anti vaccination? against the evidence of climate change? sharron engle's abortion quotes? obama muslim/birther conspiracies?

i haven't even gotten started with sarah palin yet. and todd akin.
legendary

Edit:
There are two tea parties. The original modern one was started by libertarian republicans in 2007 and the bogus mainstream one was started by the establishment ~1 year later. Any resulting confusion was surely intentional.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
There was another tea party victory yesterday. Bruce Poliquin won the Republican primary for the 2nd Congressional District seat in Maine, beating Kevin Raye of the establishment lobby by 55% to 45%.
Thx for pointing this out, I had no idea. Looks like the establishment blew their wad on their Senate nominees and the grassroots are able to fly under the radar, take out one of their leaders and add another good guy from an unexpected area.
legendary
There was another tea party victory yesterday. Bruce Poliquin won the Republican primary for the 2nd Congressional District seat in Maine, beating Kevin Raye of the establishment lobby by 55% to 45%.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
I remember seeing him get booed off stage at tea party rally once. ******* carpet bagger.

Lindsey Graham is currently the most senior RINO senator, after many of his friends (including Richard Lugar and Olympia Snowe) and went down in the recent years. The inability to oust him from the GOP shows the sorry state of the party in South Carolina. 

oh god, lindsey graham is hilarious.. i love it when jon stewart mocks his effeminate voice, and makes fun of his name along with it.

I thought it interesting that when Snowden called Lindsey Graham a 'degenerate' he shut his yap right quick.  Hehe.

I remember seeing him get booed off stage at tea party rally once. ******* carpet bagger.

Lindsey Graham is currently the most senior RINO senator, after many of his friends (including Richard Lugar and Olympia Snowe) and went down in the recent years. The inability to oust him from the GOP shows the sorry state of the party in South Carolina. 

oh god, lindsey graham is hilarious.. i love it when jon stewart mocks his effeminate voice, and makes fun of his name along with it.
legendary

Activity: 406
One RINO is down, but many more won yesterday. I was extremely disappointed with the results from South Carolina.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/11/us/politics/lindsey-graham-poised-to-hold-off-tea-party-challenge.html

Graham is the Rino #1. If the opposition was more united, then it would have been possible to topple him. Infighting destroyed that chance.  Angry

Yes, the establishment still wins too often, but the growth of (small 'L') libertarianism has been amazing the last ~10 years.
Lindsey Graham interviews are/were tough to watch. He is one person I will not spend 2 seconds on ever again.

legendary
Yes, the establishment still wins too often, but the growth of (small 'L') libertarianism has been amazing the last ~10 years.
Lindsey Graham interviews are/were tough to watch. He is one person I will not spend 2 seconds on ever again.

What actually happened in South Carolina? Did the Democrat supporters took part in the Republican primary, just to ensure that Graham is selected as the Republican candidate?
legendary
One RINO is down, but many more won yesterday. I was extremely disappointed with the results from South Carolina.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/11/us/politics/lindsey-graham-poised-to-hold-off-tea-party-challenge.html

Graham is the Rino #1. If the opposition was more united, then it would have been possible to topple him. Infighting destroyed that chance.  Angry

legendary

Graham is the Rino #1. If the opposition was more united, then it would have been possible to topple him. Infighting destroyed that chance.  Angry
i think this happened because democrats are allowed to vote in the republican primaries.. if this is the case, i'd look for the republican to change that rule.

I heard the winner was against amnesty for millions of illegals and Cantor supported it, which is something that wouldn't appeal to too many Dems, but... If they thought getting rid of Cantor makes it easier to win in Nov, then that makes sense.

i read on huffington post that some democrat, who was an actor on dukes of hazard, urged democrats to vote against cantor.. just as a "fuck you." and apparently it worked? duno, i'm looking it up now, because that doesn't make sense.

damn, the poll showed a 34% lead by cantor.. i guess polls are not entirely accurate, especially for smaller elections.
legendary
i think this happened because democrats are allowed to vote in the republican primaries.. if this is the case, i'd look for the republican to change that rule.

I heard the winner was against amnesty for millions of illegals and Cantor supported it, which is something that wouldn't appeal to too many Dems, but... If they thought getting rid of Cantor makes it easier to win in Nov, then that makes sense.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Are registered Republicans not allowed to vote in Democratic primaries? What about independents?
legendary
@beetcoin It is a huge story: you posted while I was typing/editing this post.

Has everyone heard about Eric Cantor getting beat in Virginia by a long-shot candidate?
It is a HUGE upset:

1) Cantor is/was a 'rare' house member with national name recognition.
2) He was widely viewed as the next Speaker of The House.
3) The 'tea party guy' wasn't expected to win.

When I have time, I need to check if the winner is a "real Liberty candidate" or just a "tea party" establishment phoney (i.e like Scott Brown, Marco Rubio, etc)
Yep, Brat is a solid pro-liberty guy and I know people that were working on his campaign. This is definitely one for the history books and a big slap across the establishment's face. I've already put a tweet into Brat to get him to accept Bitcoin, so if he opens up the tap I hope yall will join me and put up some renegade money. Grin

Hey, that is great news Chef!  Smiley
Underdogs make for great memories (when they actually win), and having a solid candidate makes it even better.
Pages:
Jump to: