Pages:
Author

Topic: Government regulation on cryptocurrency, GOOD or BAD? - page 8. (Read 3350 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250
I think regulation mean that cryptocurrency is legal in that country.  So it is GOOD.
I do think the same, with regulation it can help to introduce cryptocurrency to new people that dont even know about it. With regulations there will be a protection for investors and it will become barrier for people that trying to make a scam from it. ICO seems the easiest way to fund money and many people use it as a way to scam people so i do believe regulations is good for everyone.

As my country has put some restrictions upon Cryptocurrency and its transaction with fiat, so I feel it's better to be regulated than completely or partially restricted or banned. P2P system is good, but still, people are hesitant to take up this system and use it. New users have seemingly gone down after the restriction was imposed. While introducing to my friends, maximum of them said no after knowing the restriction by government.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
I think regulation mean that cryptocurrency is legal in that country.  So it is GOOD.
I do think the same, with regulation it can help to introduce cryptocurrency to new people that dont even know about it. With regulations there will be a protection for investors and it will become barrier for people that trying to make a scam from it. ICO seems the easiest way to fund money and many people use it as a way to scam people so i do believe regulations is good for everyone.
Activity: 297
Merit: 1
previously the government had a good aim to provide regulations on crypto currency, but it would be bad when the regulation was used or used by certain parties to get their own benefits

That is one of the reasons many don't like the idea of a certain government to intervene in cryptocurrency as their are only parties that would use it or create a regulation and law that would benefit them, however it is one of the necessary steps that we need in order for it to be adopted to the masses and we just have to deal with the because of the decenteralized nature of cryptcurrency we still have the power to it.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
EU Parliament told that crypto assets are going to stay and ico are very good way to raise funds for companies .EU want to regulate ico and give EU ico passports
But EU want to set up funds limit up to 10 mln euru
Probably from January legislation will be ready and we will have regulated ico in Europe
It looks good to me will be more easy to avoid scams
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
if this happens, many investors will be able to enter this market, so I think it's good, but when all this will be not yet known
Activity: 210
Merit: 3
Government regulation is good and at the same time could be bad, meaning it would be already legal and also rules is really needed in cryptocurrency which could help remove scams, however, it could be bad because crypto now is controlled by the government and may decrease potential profits.
Activity: 68
Merit: 0
It can add up profit and support to our economy as a country. Bad when the government focuses more on its own interest through heavy taxation because right now everything goods and services has already been taxed by the government.
Activity: 87
Merit: 1
I think regulation will only make cryptocurrencies better, stronger and fairer. Regulations are safeguards that will help to protect users from loss, fraud and promote fair practice. Exchanges will require that you identify yourself. This means if you want to go back into fiat you will be known to government bodies and required to pay the necessary tax's on profits.
Activity: 206
Merit: 2
It's good in the long run eventhough the impact in the short run is negative especially on prices of crypto assets. This regulations is part of the reasons why we have witnessed huge drop in prices of coins but I have come to face reality that mainstream adoption cannot be achieved without regulations.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
Regulation can lessen the people who got scammed due to the number of scam ICOs that's currently existing, it might not totally get rid the scammers but its a relief that the government will take an action regarding this.

The bad side would be the taxes that we need to pay for each transaction that we have made and the anonymity of us are no longer present.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 251
I think government regulation for ICOs is good for investor. Investor fee safe on their investment because many scam ICOs in market and if government regulated by using KYC, it will reducing scam ICOs and can safe investor money
Activity: 980
Merit: 250
This is what i am thinking also that having a cryptocurrency being regulated by the government is a good sign that the country has accepted and it will be good for the people out there who love to get involve in cryptocurrency investment. This is a really a good realization to some of the members who are actually speculating negativeness on the government on their participation. Therefore government pariticipation is not BAD at all instead it brings goodness to people who do love cryptocurrency.
Yes i do agree,, it is a good sign that bitcoin would be accepted and regulated by government for the everybody's development.
acceptance bitcoin or cryptocurrency in online store or other merchant could happen.and much people could spend their crypto balance to buy their daily needs or something other.
Activity: 378
This is what i am thinking also that having a cryptocurrency being regulated by the government is a good sign that the country has accepted and it will be good for the people out there who love to get involve in cryptocurrency investment. This is a really a good realization to some of the members who are actually speculating negativeness on the government on their participation. Therefore government pariticipation is not BAD at all instead it brings goodness to people who do love cryptocurrency.
Yes i do agree,, it is a good sign that bitcoin would be accepted and regulated by government for the everybody's development.
Activity: 308
AMA BCT
I came to a realization that government had stepped in already in some countries who are accepted and acknowledge cryptocurrency existence. In fact they made a regulations that has made some negative and positve reactions over the implementation of cryptocurrency regulations like doing KYC (Knoy Your Client) on local exchanges, Registering ICO projects to the government agency concerns and etc which purpose is to prevent illegal or abuse in the use of cryptocurrency from money laundering, funding terrorist groups and etc. Well can you say about this regulations, GOOD or BAD?
I think that is a wise decision of the government. For example in Russia, Putin has accepted the right to use and trade in the Crypto market. But they will have to pay higher taxes than normal for the government. It is a very good strategy to find money launderers.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 273
Actually, I really do not want cryptocurrency being regulated by the governments. I interpret it as a form of yielding to the powers of the government. And since crypto is positioning itself as an innovation that is truly independent, existing and operating without the unnecessary sanctions from the governments, being regulated means it is now under its authority. That is not a helpful image. It takes the revolutionary feature of crypto which is one of the reasons why I am a part of it.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
☠ ☠ ☠ メメ
Overall all this government red tape coming in to swamp users with demands for regulatory requirements is a bad thing that slows the whole economy back down to normal economy speed.  The mistake made by crypto generally was to court the very biggest money instead of sticking to crypto as a good description for the smallest more regular fees used across the internet and the globe with fast ease of use its selling point
Activity: 350
previously the government had a good aim to provide regulations on crypto currency, but it would be bad when the regulation was used or used by certain parties to get their own benefits
Activity: 504
I think global regulation given by the government for cryptocurrency is not very good and bitcoin should not be controlled by the government because the circulation of bitcoin can only be controlled by buyers and sellers.
Activity: 924
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
It depends on the context of how the regulation will be applied.
The decentralized  structure of noticing will make it difficult  or almost impossible for any government to exact full control over it.
I'm not saying that government involvement is not a good idea.

I think government regulation applied on profits we made from our trade. Regulation does not mean change cryptocurrency structure, if the coin from the first time using decentralized system, i am believe it will still decentralized.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Government rules and regulations are good on one side and bad on the other hand. Because the rules of government rules you must maintain everything according to your rules. The bad aspect is that you will not have the freedom. Regardless of will, you have to maintain the monotony rules.

I think this is a very good realization for some members who actually speculated disloyalty to the government for their participation. Therefore the government's participation is not BAD at all but brings goodness to people who love cryptocurrency.
This is what I think too, that having a cryptocurrency regulated by the government is a good sign that the country has accepted and that it would be good for people out there who like to be involved in cryptocurrency investment.
Pages:
Jump to: