Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 217. (Read 597421 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Something is wrong with my cpumining today, I'm losing credits  Shocked

Activity: 406
I stopped mining this several days ago.  Since about update 1.5 i stopped finding blocks.  I could not get pool mining to work either.  Before this update I had a Cudaminer that could find blocks and so I pointed my 280x rig to it.  Both my rigs were running 100% boinc.  When I was finding blocks they were proper payout.  I attempted pool mining and got nothing as well.  I will try again soon.  
Yeap. Problem similar to my. And developers are busy with CPU mining, hope this problem will be solved soon anyway.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
I stopped mining this several days ago.  Since about update 1.5 i stopped finding blocks.  I could not get pool mining to work either.  Before this update I had a Cudaminer that could find blocks and so I pointed my 280x rig to it.  Both my rigs were running 100% boinc.  When I was finding blocks they were proper payout.  I attempted pool mining and got nothing as well.  I will try again soon. 
Solo mining works fine for me. It's definetly pool problem. Still seeking for solution. Thanks
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
if you have a wallet backup it's easy to get them back again.
Just delete the current wallet with the lost coins, and put the intact backup in place.
Then run gridcoin and it will rescan the wallet and adjust for all transactions that did and did not complete.
I've been having a bunch of transactions not complete and get them back this way.

Also, I had some that remained uncompleted for the better part of a day suddenly go through. I believe it had something to do with the timing of finding a new block. They sent right around then. So it might have taken them that long to notice they had a node to travel to and confirm on.

edit: typo fix. them/then

I transferred the last days some coins to my back-up wallet cos my wallet size is exploding (6Mb), all transactions succeeded, except the last one from yesterday.

Money is not in my wallet anymore and in the transactions historie I can see following,

19-1-2014 12:00 To FyxhBbEjhfWQznDHjrJWpCgcz8WuiXuq8E, debit -500, transaction fee -1,74, transaction ID 7b55bba6ad2c75a4c1211c7fc33ad891012579effe421093dfdd2d9152561d6b

However Status 0/unconfirmed.

After that transaction I got three mined received transactions, they are all confirmed en show up in my balance.

Upgraded just to 1.1.5.7-g71-prod/70

What can be wrong, are these coins lost??

Zulzedd,  I don't know what is happening on your end. Can you try mining with Guiminer scrypt. I use that on several of my rigs and I have no problems.
Also what is your gridcoin.conf look like?
I used cgminer v 2.11.3 for 3 month on different rigs also and never had any problems. In my opinion — problem is definetly not in miner. It working just fine. I'm listed in miners list with my 3 accepted blocks, but i don't get any payments.
Activity: 13

I transferred the last days some coins to my back-up wallet cos my wallet size is exploding (6Mb), all transactions succeeded, except the last one from yesterday.

Money is not in my wallet anymore and in the transactions historie I can see following,

19-1-2014 12:00 To FyxhBbEjhfWQznDHjrJWpCgcz8WuiXuq8E, debit -500, transaction fee -1,74, transaction ID 7b55bba6ad2c75a4c1211c7fc33ad891012579effe421093dfdd2d9152561d6b

However Status 0/unconfirmed.

After that transaction I got three mined received transactions, they are all confirmed en show up in my balance.

Upgraded just to 1.1.5.7-g71-prod/70

What can be wrong, are these coins lost??
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Zulzedd,  I don't know what is happening on your end. Can you try mining with Guiminer scrypt. I use that on several of my rigs and I have no problems.
Also what is your gridcoin.conf look like?

Got Accepted. Still no payments. Switching to solo mining again.

http://i.imgur.com/qluf9vJ.png
Got Accepted. Still no payments. Switching to solo mining again.

http://i.imgur.com/qluf9vJ.png
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
New Version Available:
7.7.7/70/1.1.5.7: Upgrade from RPC: Yes

* In this version we correct the cpumining next payment amount and outstanding amount owed and resolve most of the bloated wallet issue.

Please upgrade ASAP as this version will only work correctly after 51% upgrade.

I'm very happy to see the leaderboard factor dynamically changing for milky way; I see some huge credits accumulating on milky way and noticed our factor went from .5 to .29!  So it is getting harder to exploit; so it's working as designed.  Very cool.

what's leaderboard factor for milky way?
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
New Version Available:

* In this version we correct the cpumining next payment amount and outstanding amount owed and resolve most of the bloated wallet issue.

I just used the upgrade feature and was very impressed by how far you've come with it. I last tried it (instead of MSI) some weeks ago and got nowhere, but this time it went very smoothly. It took down my other running version of cgminer (3.10.0 running some ASICS) as a side-effect, but seemed perfect except for that. The elegant fonts make it fun to watch! Gridcoin is getting pretty slick these days.

Gridcoin's dev is really active and promising now. I think we will have the final stable version with sleep-scrypt soon.
legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952
New Version Available:

I just used the upgrade feature and was very impressed by how far you've come with it. I last tried it (instead of MSI) some weeks ago and got nowhere, but this time it went very smoothly. It took down my other running version of cgminer (3.10.0 running some ASICS) as a side-effect, but seemed perfect except for that. The elegant fonts make it fun to watch! Gridcoin is getting pretty slick these days.
Are you in the "listminers" pool list?  I see 2 accepted blocks.  Check to see if that number is reflected in the "Payments:" field.  That increments every time you find a block.  Check that your wallet hour is equal to some other people in the list with the same wallet hour.  If you are not pool mining let us know; Ive never seen 0 credit for a non pool mining accepted transaction unless it was an orphan.

BTW, you can actually query your 2 mined blocks with queryanalyzer; find out the height in the last 24 hours
select * from blocks where height > 40000 and boinchash like '%mygrcaddress%'

I switched to solo mining 10 minutes ago, now switched back to poolmining and here what i got for my wallet:
Code:
"Payment #" : 1,
"Payment Comment" : "Shares:199.00,Block:50933,TimeSpan:58144",
"Block Hour" : 23,
"Wallet Hour" : 16,
"Current Hour" : 16,
"Boinc Hash" : "0e189bd3b88ce04a65ed3afd0860593c,1,100,CRD_V,POOL_MINING,Fw2Kd6yXyge52WVVcPbiggGKNWTUwCvXeP,68,2053:2068:1615,0292222026F425100D67DB26D5F3D2588A0F7123,403e17c7ffe18655ac3cdb6b24f87c3e6b79ed58254674be31b3a89d04017535\\1:0e189bd3b88ce04a65ed3afd0860593c\\100\\2026\\3\\535381\\Enigm_564_115788:LHC@h_37_10313498:Aster_1109_69453:World_154_2718938:roset_170_1668308\\1390175140\\2\\434725",
"Shares" : "199.00",
"Account" : "Fw2Kd6yXyge52WVVcPbiggGKNWTUwCvXeP",
"Payments" : 2.00000000,
"Compensation" : "0.793883"
I can see 2 other miners with "WalletHour": 16

Executing this query returns no results:
Code:
select * from blocks where height > 40000 and boinchash like 'Fw2Kd6yXyge52WVVcPbiggGKNWTUwCvXeP'
No results for this too:
Code:
select * from blocks where boinchash like 'Fw2Kd6yXyge52WVVcPbiggGKNWTUwCvXeP'
UPD.
Restarted wallet and BOINc, got 1 payment:

http://i.imgur.com/QbzuKpT.png

UPD2. While posted UPD. this transaction dissapeared 0o

UPD3. It's back again
UPD4. No new transactions for now (after ~2 hrs).
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
It's near 24 hours and zero revards.

http://i.imgur.com/zITAkDq.png

Are you in the "listminers" pool list?  I see 2 accepted blocks.  Check to see if that number is reflected in the "Payments:" field.  That increments every time you find a block.  Check that your wallet hour is equal to some other people in the list with the same wallet hour.  If you are not pool mining let us know; Ive never seen 0 credit for a non pool mining accepted transaction unless it was an orphan.

BTW, you can actually query your 2 mined blocks with queryanalyzer; find out the height in the last 24 hours
select * from blocks where height > 40000 and boinchash like '%mygrcaddress%'

New Version Available:

I'm very happy to see the leaderboard factor dynamically changing for milky way; I see some huge credits accumulating on milky way and noticed our factor went from .5 to .29!  So it is getting harder to exploit; so it's working as designed.  Very cool.

New Version Available:

It's near 24 hours and zero revards.

http://i.imgur.com/zITAkDq.png
zulzedd, I transferred to a new wallet and found 0 block after mining overnight for a good 14 hrs. Then I restarted the wallet and miner, and found 2 blocks in 6 hrs. Since then only 2 blocks in the last 24 hrs. I guess it is harder to restart poolmining again with a new GRC address. Also difficulty is going higher which makes it more difficult ...
Thank you for answer! But. As you can see on screenshot i actually found 1 block (and 1 Rejected). Before reinstalling wallet i found 3 blocks and got zero payments. So problem definetly not in diff, which now is 2.55 and i normally mined in pool before with even greater diff and received revards every 15-25 mins.
Activity: 32
zulzedd, I transferred to a new wallet and found 0 block after mining overnight for a good 14 hrs. Then I restarted the wallet and miner, and found 2 blocks in 6 hrs. Since then only 2 blocks in the last 24 hrs. I guess it is harder to restart poolmining again with a new GRC address. Also difficulty is going higher which makes it more difficult ...
I got real problem. After upgrade of my wallet to v 1.1.5.5 (later to 1.1.5.6), while mining in pool i getting zero rewards. I also sent funds to other wallet (because of big wallet.dat size) and then deleted my old wallet.dat file. After this i mined for 20 hrs, got nothing so i decided to reinstall wallet totally. I did this, restored same wallet from backup, and now, after ~6 hours, i still not receiving any rewards from pool mining. What can be wrong? Thanks!
http://i.imgur.com/Syz7zXg.png
Jump to: