Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 242. (Read 597344 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 100
GRC will be on coins-e soon.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
There is a Reddit petition to add Gridcoin to Coinedup.com exchange. Everyone please vote:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/1uaoqf/please_add_grc/

only nine posts Sad
Activity: 170
Great development going on. Compliments to you Rob
Activity: 1288
Merit: 257
Chainjoes.com
Rob,

For cpumining, is it necessary to have my BOINC display name be my GRC address...?

Also, what would happen if I pointed a second cpu/client (by placing the same User ID in the projects fields) on a second computer to the same BOINC account I am currently cpumining with on my first computer...?

Thanks!
For now the cpu mining doesn't work yet, but on a positive note I think we will be able to take out that requirement (of publishing your GRC address as your username on the project website), since we found a way to associate your boinc_hostID with your GRCaddress within the client (using the leaderboard), so I think when we turn on cpumining, we can make it much nicer and dynamic (IE people can pick any official project now, and not do any setup except one key).......
Pointing a second cpu:  The second cpu will automatically create a new boinc key pair (2048 bits, very strong) and a new HostID; we started using that keypair for the leaderboard; and Yes then you could have two CPU mining accounts once we get that finished.

Rob H.

Holy crap, cpumining isn't enabled...? My client has been sending out GRC multiple times per day for the cpumining beacon for a couple weeks now, where is that GRC going and why is it being taken if cpumining isn't enabled...?

How long do you think it will be before cpu mining is enabled again?
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
New Version Available:
Release Notes:   1.1.5.0/53/6.9: Install From RPC: YES
* Important: Dc7D pointed out a flaw where the credits are miscalculated in circumstances where the project is abandoned.  Fixed.
* The leaderboard has been improved to be much more accurate, show projects ascending, show the correct credits descending, and a bug fixed
where it was skipping a bunch of projects.
* The mining console will now automatically shrink on smaller monitors so you can administer properly.
* Added disablesql=true key (please don't use this unless absolutely necessary).
* The Rows column in SQL has been widened so you can see the value.

Thanks and best regards testing,
Rob Halford
Rob,

For cpumining, is it necessary to have my BOINC display name be my GRC address...?

Also, what would happen if I pointed a second cpu/client (by placing the same User ID in the projects fields) on a second computer to the same BOINC account I am currently cpumining with on my first computer...?

Thanks!
For now the cpu mining doesn't work yet, but on a positive note I think we will be able to take out that requirement (of publishing your GRC address as your username on the project website), since we found a way to associate your boinc_hostID with your GRCaddress within the client (using the leaderboard), so I think when we turn on cpumining, we can make it much nicer and dynamic (IE people can pick any official project now, and not do any setup except one key).......
Pointing a second cpu:  The second cpu will automatically create a new boinc key pair (2048 bits, very strong) and a new HostID; we started using that keypair for the leaderboard; and Yes then you could have two CPU mining accounts once we get that finished.

Rob H.
Chainjoes.com
Rob,

Thanks!
Yes,I run Gridcoin-qt by itself , no other clients.But it doesn't work.

I want to know:
If my gridcoin wallet is always out of sync,can I receive or send Grc?
Hmmmm- but Ok123 is saying No nodes are seen on the network? That means its not a sync issue , he cannot even see another node.
Have you placed gridcoin.conf with the addnodes in the users\appdata\gridcoin folder?

You can also go to the command line and type
gridcoin.qt -connect:www.gridcoin.us
You should at least see 1 node!

Thanks,
Grid

PS Try shutting off your virus scanner, your firewall, and run as admin.  Just to see which one it is.

Chainjoes.com

Have you forwarded the listening port (32760) on your router? That is almost always a guaranteed fix for these situations.

My computer connect to the network by ADSL modem,no router.

Try adding an exception rule for Gridcoin to windows firewall
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Are you running latest version? I am running several rigs and I got no problems.

I want to know:
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Have you forwarded the listening port (32760) on your router? That is almost always a guaranteed fix for these situations.

My computer connect to the network by ADSL modem,no router.

Chainjoes.com

Chainjoes.com

I want to know:

You can send and receive as long as the funds you are trying to send/receive haven't already been spent previously.

Sent funds will send immediately, however received funds will only be available once you are synced up to the block which contains the sent funds.

I want to know:
Chainjoes.com
Why my wallet is out of sync all the time?

I downloaded gridcoin.zip,and launch Gridcoin-qt.exe,then colsed it.I put the gridcoin.conf in the data directory (C:\users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Gridcoin),and I reboot Gridcoin-qt.exe.But the wallet still haven't any change after two hours.

The bottom right prompt:
"No block source available...
0 active connection to Gridcoin network"

My gridcoin.conf:

rpcuser=*******
rpcpassword=********
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332
server=1
gen=0
addnode=98.114.181.178
addnode=76.187.184.27:9778
addnode=66.187.94.194:9778
addnode=76.74.177.224:9778
addnode=84.125.196.167:9778
addnode=71.233.139.62:9778
addnode=72.92.48.105:97788

In addition, my other coin's wallet are all normal in sync.

I sometimes encounter issues syncing some wallets if I run multiple coin clients at the same time. Have you tried running Gridcoin by itself to see if the issue persists...?

If you run Gridcoin by itself and the issue goes away then it i likely a port conflict with one of your other clients and you can add this line to your gridcoin.conf:
Code:
port=#####

Just be sure to replace "#####" with an actual number.

If Gridcoin works when you run it by itself but not when you run other clients even after a port change, then it likely means that the coin clients are competing for I/O and your cpu can't keep up.

If Gridcoin doesn't work even when you run it by itself, have changed and forwarded the listening port, then I really have no possible idea what could be wrong.
Chainjoes.com
Just upgraded the web site to HTTPS:
https://www.gridcoin.us

Working on the issue where chrome showing a malicious download and I have found a path to resolution but its going to take a few days (at least):
* Site must be HTTPS (SSL) for the download - Done
* Sites owner's Org (gridcoin) must sign up for google webmaster tools - Done
* Site must find what virus ever existed and flagged in google database - Done (was cgminer.zip, extracted contains password cracker which as we know is really a miner)
* Site removes the malware (done... cgminer_base64 is not flagged as a virus, tested)
* Site must re-apply for evaluation from google (done)

Now we wait a couple of days to see if they clear the warning for gridcoin.msi

Best Regards,
Rob H.

Nice, well done!

I downloaded gridcoin.zip,and launch Gridcoin-qt.exe,then colsed it.I put the gridcoin.conf in the data directory (C:\users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Gridcoin),and I reboot Gridcoin-qt.exe.But the wallet still haven't any change after two hours.

The bottom right prompt:

My gridcoin.conf:

rpcuser=*******
rpcpassword=********
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332
server=1
gen=0
addnode=98.114.181.178

1. try to rebuild the block chain from the clinet.
2. maybe the port is blocked by the firewall. I can not connect neither at the company.

The bottom right prompt:

My gridcoin.conf:

rpcuser=*******
rpcpassword=********
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332
server=1
gen=0
addnode=98.114.181.178

Working on the issue where chrome showing a malicious download and I have found a path to resolution but its going to take a few days (at least):
* Site must find what virus ever existed and flagged in google database - Done (was cgminer.zip, extracted contains password cracker which as we know is really a miner)
* Site removes the malware (done... cgminer_base64 is not flagged as a virus, tested)

Best Regards,
Rob H.
Lovely news!

excellent. GRC increases slowly but steady.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Best Regards,
Rob H.
Lovely news!
Jump to: