Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 259. (Read 597344 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
could be a fork.

There's something magical going on.
Prior to this I'd only found two blocks. One that proc'd and the other vaporized.

Today I found 3 blocks in the last two hours! And that's with a 106 KH/s rate.

The gridcoin gods are smiling!
Well, you're lucky then, cause I haven't found any blocks lately with my 180 KH/s..
I've been mining for 6-7 hours and still no block. But you've found three, with 106 KH/s in two hours.
D:
Activity: 686
Merit: 259
Prior to this I'd only found two blocks. One that proc'd and the other vaporized.

Well, you're lucky then, cause I haven't found any blocks lately with my 180 KH/s..
I've been mining for 6-7 hours and still no block. But you've found three, with 106 KH/s in two hours.
D:
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
Actually make that four blocks, but one of those vaporized too.
If they orphan they stay in the transaction log right? Because this one vanished from the transactions as well.
Activity: 130

Activity: 124
All of us have mined, but we have also donated to Boinc and world community grid, so it is all good. I am sure others will understand.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=BBNGDQS832

Gridcoin may still be a small community compared to the other coins, but everyone who participates is 100% behind the idea. Not like the blind greed that is fueling all the other crap.
And just look how much we have grown just in the past 1 month. I would say we are right on course.

Agree with traderman. That coins is just PnD trash coins. And also GRC it's not that simple to coinfigure for newbies, maybe this cause of low popularity among miners.

I agree with you that we have a small but loyalty community. I am afraid that the small community has mined a lot. Some others might think GRC has been premined by a small community in the future.

Besides, a lot of other coins with similar ideas are coming out. I know some coins just launched in China is cooperated with World Community Grid.
Hi Imue,

Yes I think part of our low difficulty (1~1.5) is due to the fact you have to not only have boinc set up, you have to use the integrated pool mining, etc, its not farm-mine friendly, which is good for our mission, but its been slow and steady growth, and that's fine.

I can't see why anyone would think we are premining.  We have a small loyal community backing us and only about 50 miners with 31mh, two forums and I reached out to vircurex and cryptsy during the launch, and we have e-mailed all the exchanges to let them know we are here; I launched an advertisement campaign on Google in October; its a two way street, someone from an exchange can always email us at [email protected].  We are eager and willing to work with them to compile the wallet.    But as traderman said they may be having huge problems now; I will read more about that.

What is the URL for the coin that is working with world community grid? Id like to read about it.

Thanks,
Rob H.

Hi Rob,
just quick reply from my phone.

e.g. Bhcoin
www.baihuicoin.com

I have no idea how this coin works, but I am pretty sure it is a PnD coin. But they claimed that it is the only coin that benefits the real science and cooperates with WCG. But I doubt that, I think it is just a QRK clone.

BR

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
All of us have mined, but we have also donated to Boinc and world community grid, so it is all good. I am sure others will understand.

Gridcoin may still be a small community compared to the other coins, but everyone who participates is 100% behind the idea. Not like the blind greed that is fueling all the other crap.
And just look how much we have grown just in the past 1 month. I would say we are right on course.

Agree with traderman. That coins is just PnD trash coins. And also GRC it's not that simple to coinfigure for newbies, maybe this cause of low popularity among miners.

I agree with you that we have a small but loyalty community. I am afraid that the small community has mined a lot. Some others might think GRC has been premined by a small community in the future.

Besides, a lot of other coins with similar ideas are coming out. I know some coins just launched in China is cooperated with World Community Grid.
Hi Imue,

Yes I think part of our low difficulty (1~1.5) is due to the fact you have to not only have boinc set up, you have to use the integrated pool mining, etc, its not farm-mine friendly, which is good for our mission, but its been slow and steady growth, and that's fine.

I can't see why anyone would think we are premining.  We have a small loyal community backing us and only about 50 miners with 31mh, two forums and I reached out to vircurex and cryptsy during the launch, and we have e-mailed all the exchanges to let them know we are here; I launched an advertisement campaign on Google in October; its a two way street, someone from an exchange can always email us at [email protected].  We are eager and willing to work with them to compile the wallet.    But as traderman said they may be having huge problems now; I will read more about that.

What is the URL for the coin that is working with world community grid? Id like to read about it.

Thanks,
Rob H.

legendary

If you want help promote Gridcoin, you can spread my explainer video on other forums to raise awareness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1tmNmZomeM

legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
Ok, thx. Can you tell me the difficult of the network right now? or maybe there is a link with this and other information?

Hi

Look at the explorer here:
http://explorer.gridcoin.us/

Andrew.

thx!
One question: why does the difficult decrease? now is 0.942177, before was more than 1.x ?
should not difficult always increase?

P:S: sorry for my very bad english!
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
legendary
Dude, forget these garbage coins, it is just a pump and dump.
Most of the exchanges are having massive problems right now, just go look at the services discussion section of this forum.

good job. I hope some exchange market will accept us.

I could not understand why GRC is not as popular as it should be.

Dogecoin: almost 10GHash
Billioncoin: just few hours after launch, up to 1GHash
good job. I hope some exchange market will accept us.

I could not understand why GRC is not as popular as it should be.

Dogecoin: almost 10GHash
Billioncoin: just few hours after launch, up to 1GHash
Activity: 144
Ok, thx. Can you tell me the difficult of the network right now? or maybe there is a link with this and other information?

Hi

Look at the explorer here:
http://explorer.gridcoin.us/

Andrew.

Hi everyone!
I'm really interesting in this coin, because i started to use BOINC many years ago.

I have just one question: with 600kh/s is still better mining in solo?

Thx everyone!
Hello and welcome! At current diff you will find block ~ every 3.75 hours, this mean you will get around 958.080825828 coins per day. But diff is jumping, so it's hard to predict.

thx for the reply Smiley

do you thing is better using a pool?
I mining at little lower rate now and thinking about switch to pooled mining. But there is some issues with it, so i'll keep solo for a while.
Hi everyone!
I'm really interesting in this coin, because i started to use BOINC many years ago.

Thx everyone!
Hello and welcome! At current diff you will find block ~ every 3.75 hours, this mean you will get around 958.080825828 coins per day. But diff is jumping, so it's hard to predict.

thx for the reply Smiley

do you thing is better using a pool?
BTW! Block number 32768 = 215 was freshly mined.  Roll Eyes
Hi everyone!

Thx everyone!
Hi everyone!

Thx everyone!
Jump to: