Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 274. (Read 597251 times)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100
Not a fan of the new wallet look.  Any way to revert it?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
I had mine staying at 1 hour behind for 15 mintues, and when i restarted the pc it was all up to date. So just reboot and relaunch the client.

Is everyone's wallet having trouble loading up the new blocks lately or is it just me?

I am updated to the latest version(rpc "upgrade" works fine), even deleted chainstate and blocks..after the blocks have been downloaded again, now the wallet sometimes is a couple blocks behind the network and takes ~15 minutes to update 1-3 blocks.

edit: I don't have any connection troubles myself Smiley

Andrew.
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Is everyone's wallet having trouble loading up the new blocks lately or is it just me?

I am updated to the latest version(rpc "upgrade" works fine), even deleted chainstate and blocks..after the blocks have been downloaded again, now the wallet sometimes is a couple blocks behind the network and takes ~15 minutes to update 1-3 blocks.

Andrew.
Yes I confirm.  The difficulty should regauge within 30 minutes and the time span should auto adjust between blocks.  I think the forward/back blocks are miners on old versions trying to submit bad blocks.  They are being rejected by the majority.

Rob H.
Activity: 144

Andrew.
Activity: 144
Hi everyone!

regarding the CPU mining tutorial, stay tuned I'm working on it and will post tonight. Sorry, I was trying to do it earlier however work overran me.

Regards,
Andrew.
Activity: 130
Is the girl in the video wearing 3D glasses with the lenses popped out? Cheesy
All-

Since we are moving through block 26150 early, please ensure you are running the latest version -- "1.1.3.7" available on gridcoin.us in Prod.
This version only forwards the secure blocks to the rest of the network.

If you already upgraded this week try typing "upgrade" from the rpc, and you will auto-upgrade.

Best Regards,
Rob H.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Bitcross is selling some in a thread I saw

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-gridcoins-349365

Try contacting him for some Smiley
Activity: 308
Interested in buying GRC, please PM me your offers.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Hi Rob,

I think the easier solution would be to put up a tutorial for each step (with screenshots) on how to CPU mine. Then people will have an idea and it will give more clarity on whats going wrong. That's the best solution I can suggest considering the time constraints of the project and project developers.

Thanks
+1 for this. If CPU mining is achievable we (people with Nvidia's) need tutorial how to do it correctly.
Hi Rob,

I think the easier solution would be to put up a tutorial for each step (with screenshots) on how to CPU mine. Then people will have an idea and it will give more clarity on whats going wrong. That's the best solution I can suggest considering the time constraints of the project and project developers.

Thanks
What is the project's status now? What problems are there left to solve?
Also, I saw two addresses on a signature, GRC and GRC2, other started with G and the other with F. What is this?
Hi,

The Base58 wallet format sometimes generates an "F" prefix, but mostly a "G".  Obviously we like the G since it stands for Gridcoin.  It's a legacy standard.

Problems to solve: 
Safely integrating cpu-miners into the ecosystem.  That turned out to be a bigger project than expected, so its delayed.

The current workload:
Writing the md5-sleep algorithm spec for GPU cards.  Evaluating the risks.  Creating a prototype.

Future:
Adding MySql to Gridcoin, so we can Update transactions, blocks and spent coins in an ansi-92 database and let everyone audit all the transactions.
It would also be helpful for users to query transactions to get exact network statuses.  It would be very beneficial to us when we want to add new features such as long lists of cpuminers or long lists of pool miners so block formats would not break.  If the block hashes are strong, this should not be a risk to show all the data to the world, and then we would be able to grow without fear of breaking the database in the future.  I think it would also be nice to take advantage of oracles utilities to repair the database, instead of worrying about BerkeleyDbs repair options (more support by IT).

Minted coins: You can either multiply 140 * 2.5 * 60 * 24 * dayslive to get an estimate, or you can go to the rpc and do a listunspent and somehow dump into excel or notepad and add it up.
This sounds like a good idea for us to add to the block explorer.

Rob H.
legendary
Activity: 1260
There is only 1 GRC as far as i know.

Also, I saw two addresses on a signature, GRC and GRC2, other started with G and the other with F. What is this?
Activity: 770
Activity: 124
Is there any way to check how many coins are mined? I can only see how many blocks.
Although I am looking to buy a GPU. It would be good for the community if someone can post a tutorial on how to CPU mine (preferably on a fresh win 7 installation, because the pyopencl error occurs there).

Anybody who has successfully cpu mined up for it ? (Or perhaps I am asking for too much Tongue)
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
Hmm, I actually got 67 coins mined solo on FzgFStAgCXQGRkAPQjyooi7T82XSuRPF1m, then they disappeared tonight.  Was there an update or something?

Make sure your wallet's last block is the same as the block explorer: http://explorer.gridcoin.us/
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
So, do I mine this? Cheesy

My Boinc utilization is 97, Boinc processing power 100, Average Boinc credits 255 but on Boinc KH/ps it says sometimes 0, sometimes infinity.
Activity: 150
Hmm, I actually got 67 coins mined solo on FzgFStAgCXQGRkAPQjyooi7T82XSuRPF1m, then they disappeared tonight.  Was there an update or something?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Does anyone know where I can find what the total number of Gridcoins in circulation is?

Also, what year do you estimate all 168,000,000 coins will be mined by?
Jump to: