Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain Antminer S3 Setup [HD] - page 13. (Read 137425 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Is there an issue with the Corsair PSU or is it some setting on the S3 that's causing the issue?

My firmware is from "Wed Nov 26 18:04:24 CST 2014 "....

No, your PSU is fine. Update to the latest firmware, as its a known firmware bug on that version.
FSI
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Got the same problem as adamg83...

I rigged up my first 3 s3's last night and they were running at about 450gh/s, so all OK.
Overnight they all went down to about 200gh/s, so I turned them all off and started them again - they then went up to 450gh/s again.
They have been working for about 4 hours and now one of them has reduced again, but at the moment the other 2 seem to be OK.
[/i]

Got my S3 two days ago....Working fine for first 24 hrs, then went to < 50 ghs....Rebooted the S3 and it worked fine again for 12 hours, before heading south again to under
50 ghs....Rebooted...Worked for less than 4 hours before going to < 50 ghs.... Angry Didnt reboot this time -

After reading posts, i unplugged my brand new RM650 Corsair, checked the connections, re-plugged it and its working fine again...Note: i don't have a hybrid/normal button like with the AX version...I have two 8 pin to 6+2 pin wires going from the PSU to the S3....

Is there an issue with the Corsair PSU or is it some setting on the S3 that's causing the issue?

My firmware is from "Wed Nov 26 18:04:24 CST 2014 "....

Thanks in advance!  
Activity: 2
I have seen this question before but could not find a clear answer, all of s3's have 0 in the best share spot, my s2 is fine my s1's are fine. Can anyone shed any light on this, I am running the latest firmware, and have ample power supplies, the units appear to be mining fine too. All the s3's show the same as image below. Thanks in advance for any help!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10911242_850502424972402_8900200065514325384_o.jpg

Semp3rfi
legendary
dogiecoin.com
burned one driver control two chips, how to turn off outside the chip on the board, so they do not interfere with the rest of the work. thank you.

control board can operate without damaging two BM1382. I would like to remove them, so I bought one S3 non-working board for half price. that it is necessary unsolder?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but I think there's some information about no chip / short chip in the BM1382 document.
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
burned one driver control two chips, how to turn off outside the chip on the board, so they do not interfere with the rest of the work. thank you.

control board can operate without damaging two BM1382. I would like to remove them, so I bought one S3 non-working board for half price. that it is necessary unsolder?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I have Corsair AX860's running all of my S3's.  They have a "hybrid/normal" switch.  When I flipped that switch to "hybrid" on a couple of my PSU's, I had one board on several rigs stop working.  My hashing power on each of those rigs cut in half.  However, it worked fine when I turned off the power to the PSU and turned it back on.  They would work fine for several hours.  Then all of a sudden I get an alarm from the pool saying hash is down.  I would look at the rig setting off the alarm, only to see the hashing rate was half of what it should be.  It ended up being the "hybrid/normal" switch.  When I flipped the switch to "normal," I have not had a problem ever since.

With that said, "Hybrid" probably limits the amount of power given to the rig once the PSU reaches a certain temperature.  Hybrid makes the fan on the PSU turn at less RPM's.  So, if you do not have Corsair's with a "hybrid/normal" switch, it may be your PSU is not sufficient at providing the power needed to the rig(s).

Still pay attention to Dogie.  He knows what he's talking about.

Is it an AX or AXi? On the AXis you can toggle between single rail and multirail (which we don't want).

It's the AX860.

The only difference between the 2 models is one being able to connect to and control fan speed, etc...  I suppose I should read the manual.  I assumed hybrid helped it provide the same power while using less energy.  LOL

Nevermind, if its AX then its a form of fan control. Hybrid brings the fan RPMs down and will stop it at lower loads, where as normal prioritises low temps [PSU efficiency] over noise levels.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
I have Corsair AX860's running all of my S3's.  They have a "hybrid/normal" switch.  When I flipped that switch to "hybrid" on a couple of my PSU's, I had one board on several rigs stop working.  My hashing power on each of those rigs cut in half.  However, it worked fine when I turned off the power to the PSU and turned it back on.  They would work fine for several hours.  Then all of a sudden I get an alarm from the pool saying hash is down.  I would look at the rig setting off the alarm, only to see the hashing rate was half of what it should be.  It ended up being the "hybrid/normal" switch.  When I flipped the switch to "normal," I have not had a problem ever since.

With that said, "Hybrid" probably limits the amount of power given to the rig once the PSU reaches a certain temperature.  Hybrid makes the fan on the PSU turn at less RPM's.  So, if you do not have Corsair's with a "hybrid/normal" switch, it may be your PSU is not sufficient at providing the power needed to the rig(s).

Still pay attention to Dogie.  He knows what he's talking about.

Is it an AX or AXi? On the AXis you can toggle between single rail and multirail (which we don't want).

It's the AX860.

The only difference between the 2 models is one being able to connect to and control fan speed, etc...  I suppose I should read the manual.  I assumed hybrid helped it provide the same power while using less energy.  LOL
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I have Corsair AX860's running all of my S3's.  They have a "hybrid/normal" switch.  When I flipped that switch to "hybrid" on a couple of my PSU's, I had one board on several rigs stop working.  My hashing power on each of those rigs cut in half.  However, it worked fine when I turned off the power to the PSU and turned it back on.  They would work fine for several hours.  Then all of a sudden I get an alarm from the pool saying hash is down.  I would look at the rig setting off the alarm, only to see the hashing rate was half of what it should be.  It ended up being the "hybrid/normal" switch.  When I flipped the switch to "normal," I have not had a problem ever since.

With that said, "Hybrid" probably limits the amount of power given to the rig once the PSU reaches a certain temperature.  Hybrid makes the fan on the PSU turn at less RPM's.  So, if you do not have Corsair's with a "hybrid/normal" switch, it may be your PSU is not sufficient at providing the power needed to the rig(s).

Still pay attention to Dogie.  He knows what he's talking about.

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Hello everyone

Hopefully someone can help me.

I rigged up my first 3 s3's last night and they were running at about 450gh/s, so all OK.

Overnight they all went down to about 200gh/s, so I turned them all off and started them again - they then went up to 450gh/s again.

They have been working for about 4 hours and now one of them has reduced again, but at the moment the other 2 seem to be OK.

Any advise would be great!  They are new from Bitmain yesterday,.

Thanks
Adam

It is possible it could be more simple depending on what PSU you are using.

I have Corsair AX860's running all of my S3's.  They have a "hybrid/normal" switch.  When I flipped that switch to "hybrid" on a couple of my PSU's, I had one board on several rigs stop working.  My hashing power on each of those rigs cut in half.  However, it worked fine when I turned off the power to the PSU and turned it back on.  They would work fine for several hours.  Then all of a sudden I get an alarm from the pool saying hash is down.  I would look at the rig setting off the alarm, only to see the hashing rate was half of what it should be.  It ended up being the "hybrid/normal" switch.  When I flipped the switch to "normal," I have not had a problem ever since.

With that said, "Hybrid" probably limits the amount of power given to the rig once the PSU reaches a certain temperature.  Hybrid makes the fan on the PSU turn at less RPM's.  So, if you do not have Corsair's with a "hybrid/normal" switch, it may be your PSU is not sufficient at providing the power needed to the rig(s).

Still pay attention to Dogie.  He knows what he's talking about.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Hello everyone

Any advise would be great!  They are new from Bitmain yesterday,.

Thanks
Adam

Which firmware are they on? If its later than 20141024, then put 20141024 on.
Activity: 22
Hello everyone

Any advise would be great!  They are new from Bitmain yesterday,.

Thanks
Adam
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Alright, I don't really have control over the first router; so to change the IP on the miner should I be changing everything in that WAN tab to 10.0.0.* ? Meaning, IPv4 address becomes 10.0.0.99, IPv4 netmask stays the same (255.255.255.0), IPv4 gateway would be 10.0.0.1, IPv4 broadcast would be 10.0.0.255, and DNS would be 10.0.0.1?

BTW, I got into the CP.

Yes  Smiley
For dns you might want to add 8.8.8.8 as second dns.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Bored with you morons.

The routers IP's are 10.0.0.1 and 192.168.1.105, my computer only shows as 10.0.0.3.

I see. Your second router IP is 10.0.0.1. Then your pc ip must be 10.0.0.xx.
You need to change your pc ip address to static & make it like 192.168.1.50. Then connect the miner directly to your pc & change the miner ip address to 10.0.0.99.

or

change your first router ip to 192.168.0.1 & change your second router ip to 192.168.1.1. With this you don't need to change your miner ip address.

Alright, I don't really have control over the first router; so to change the IP on the miner should I be changing everything in that WAN tab to 10.0.0.* ? Meaning, IPv4 address becomes 10.0.0.99, IPv4 netmask stays the same (255.255.255.0), IPv4 gateway would be 10.0.0.1, IPv4 broadcast would be 10.0.0.255, and DNS would be 10.0.0.1?

BTW, I got into the CP.
legendary

The routers IP's are 10.0.0.1 and 192.168.1.105, my computer only shows as 10.0.0.3.

I see. Your second router IP is 10.0.0.1. Then your pc ip must be 10.0.0.xx.
You need to change your pc ip address to static & make it like 192.168.1.50. Then connect the miner directly to your pc & change the miner ip address to 10.0.0.99.

or

change your first router ip to 192.168.0.1 & change your second router ip to 192.168.1.1. With this you don't need to change your miner ip address.
Bored with you morons.
I can't connect to this thing, tried both the regular way and the alternate way. Nothing. 192.168.1.99 gives me an unable to connect page in Firefox.

What is your pc ip address? It must be same prefix with the miner. Example 192.168.1.50

My LAN IP is 10.0.0.1. (Can't change it to anything else). My Internet IP is 192.168.1.105.

Info coming off of my Netgear router control page.

I am on a sub-network. We have two routers. One that our main modem is plugged into, my router is plugged into that router.

So your pc ip is 192.168.1.105 ?
The miner connected to same router with your pc right?

legendary
I can't connect to this thing, tried both the regular way and the alternate way. Nothing. 192.168.1.99 gives me an unable to connect page in Firefox.

What is your pc ip address? It must be same prefix with the miner. Example 192.168.1.50

My LAN IP is 10.0.0.1. (Can't change it to anything else). My Internet IP is 192.168.1.105.

I am on a sub-network. We have two routers. One that our main modem is plugged into, my router is plugged into that router.

So your pc ip is 192.168.1.105 ?
The miner connected to same router with your pc right?
Bored with you morons.

legendary

Bored with you morons.
Activity: 110
Hello,
I'm on a tight psu budget, what is the lowest i can go on psu watt for one miner?
Thanks

Pretty low, but then again a PSU is an investment which holds its resale value well. Not choosing a suitable PSU will likely hurt you later.
Yea i understand that, when you say Not choosing a suitable PSU will likely hurt you later. what are you thinking of then?

Early life failure = RMA costs + downtime costs + replacement costs + buying a suitable PSU in the future costs.
And then you talk about the PSU only?
downtime is no fun Cry
RMA whats that?

Warranty replacement
Ok thanks, then i have to decide what to do. RMA is a new word for me never heard of it in Sweden.
Regards

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_merchandise_authorization
Thanks, a new English word.
Pages:
Jump to: