Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Handling splits: UASFs, BIP148, etc. - page 9. (Read 48553 times)

Activity: 650
Merit: 350
NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕
If I use electrum wallet, how do I claim my altcoin?
You can read all electrum news and update at  Child Boards: Alternative clients - electrum , and here is the link  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=98.0
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
Thank you very much, we will keep in mind  Kiss
Activity: 518
Merit: 252
First off thanks hugely for this guide! Truly helped piece a lot of the puzzle together with this upcoming madness.

That being said if we transferred our BTC to a hardware wallet will we receive identical amount of BCC there too? Or are there steps we need to take to make sure this happens? Kind of sucks that a fork is going to occur but its better than the UAHF I think
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Thank you for this guide.
Activity: 37
I don't have experience, i want to know, how is Ethereum goint to support this challenge?
Activity: 508
Merit: 101
EXMR
thank for this helpfull infos
Activity: 35
Thank you for this guide.. working through it now so I have a better understanding of the upcoming changes with BTC/BCC
legendary
Activity: 1523
Merit: 1001
so now split is going to happen

They are clearly showing that they can control the market in either way

now what to do sell the btc or what to do or wait ?

From any news source you came with this information. It is clear so far that there will be a split, and will be two - six bitcoin forks.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
so now split is going to happen

They are clearly showing that they can control the market in either way

now what to do sell the btc or what to do or wait ?

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535
market crashing again, why ?

Because of the unexpected and unwanted Bitcoin fork at August 1st, aka Bitcoin Cash (BCC) shitcoin, looks like a few people is trying to manipulate the market to rebuy cheap real Bitcoin in the near future, why do things right if they can cause caos instead, things are gonna get crazy because of this BCC trash.

thank you for the explanation
market crashing again, why ?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Crave is the furure
and when they don't get 6 confirmations, is something that I can do?

That's a good question.I'd also like to know the answer.
Activity: 3
and when they don't get 6 confirmations, is something that I can do?
Activity: 650
Merit: 350
does BTC transfers works normally now?
up to what day before 1 August it is safe to make BTC transfer, will I be able to send BTC on 28/29 July?
Make sure your that the any send or receive transaction have 6 confirmations, due  increased risk of confirmations disappearing.
does BTC transfers works normally now?
up to what day before 1 August it is safe to make BTC transfer, will I be able to send BTC on 28/29 July?
Activity: 85
I second Electrum Wallet as well. One of the best features is that it will also integrate with hardware wallets like Ledger Nano S, and Trezor.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1069
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I too downloaded electrum and moved my coinbase balance. Please keep updated about how you guys are handling the situation.
Great, thanks so much for the info.
I've downloaded Electrum and going to proceed to transfer my BTC out of Coinbase.
(have more questions now about Electrum wallet options ... but will find the right place on the forum to post)
regards
Activity: 107
I've got amazing powers of observation
So, I just finished reading the guide and all the posts over the last couple days.
Thanks for the guide and all the very helpful info !!!

So, from what I gather to date, BIP-91 is confirmed and will be activated, correct ?

I currently have BTC on Coinbase. I just logged into my account and Coinbase has a notice:
BTC Buys/Sells/Withdrawals will be Temporarily Disabled on July 31
Due to a potential fork of the bitcoin blockchain, all BTC buys/sells and withdrawals will be temporarily disabled beginning on July 31.

I do not have a wallet yet to move my BTC to yet, that would allow me to get my private keys.
I have also just purchased a Trezor, which will arrive by Aug. 28th
While waiting for the Trezor, I was going to create a paper wallet, once I transferred my BTC from Coinbase to a new Wallet and retrieved my private key(s).

Do I still have time to download and create a wallet, from posts on this thread, I was thinking either Electrum or Green Address (with double authentication).
I had also watched a video with Trace Mayer about a week ago and he recommended using Armory on top of bitcoin-core, but I don't think I have the time (or HDD space on my laptop) to download bitcoin-core and sync to the blockchain.

Confirmation/suggestions/recommendations would greatly appreciated !!
:-)

Thanks again for all the great info in the guide and all the posts, it's been quite a crash course/education for me over the past couple days.

regards

Electrum would be the best option for now. Small download, syncs within seconds and you can export the private keys.

I second that, Electrum is the easyest to use of the wallets with access to your private keys.
So, I just finished reading the guide and all the posts over the last couple days.
Thanks for the guide and all the very helpful info !!!

So, from what I gather to date, BIP-91 is confirmed and will be activated, correct ?

I currently have BTC on Coinbase. I just logged into my account and Coinbase has a notice:
BTC Buys/Sells/Withdrawals will be Temporarily Disabled on July 31
Due to a potential fork of the bitcoin blockchain, all BTC buys/sells and withdrawals will be temporarily disabled beginning on July 31.

I do not have a wallet yet to move my BTC to yet, that would allow me to get my private keys.
I have also just purchased a Trezor, which will arrive by Aug. 28th
While waiting for the Trezor, I was going to create a paper wallet, once I transferred my BTC from Coinbase to a new Wallet and retrieved my private key(s).

Do I still have time to download and create a wallet, from posts on this thread, I was thinking either Electrum or Green Address (with double authentication).
I had also watched a video with Trace Mayer about a week ago and he recommended using Armory on top of bitcoin-core, but I don't think I have the time (or HDD space on my laptop) to download bitcoin-core and sync to the blockchain.

Confirmation/suggestions/recommendations would greatly appreciated !!
:-)

Thanks again for all the great info in the guide and all the posts, it's been quite a crash course/education for me over the past couple days.

regards

Electrum would be the best option for now. Small download, syncs within seconds and you can export the private keys.

thank you for precious advice.
Pages:
Jump to: