Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Handling splits: UASFs, BIP148, etc. - page 5. (Read 48553 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
Now next question :

Since Electrum will not support BCC, which is the best wallet for BCC ?

see this page:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Electrum/comments/6pu0lo/claiming_bcc_from_existing_electrum_wallet/

Thanks. But it does not say which wallet to use as C-Wallet. I suppose Electrum cannot serve that role.
On official Bitcoin Cash there are listed some wallets:
https://www.bitcoincash.org
I suppose that we will need to use one of these wallets for Bitcoin Cash. But now it's hard to tell which one to choose.
Activity: 854
Merit: 307
Now next question :

see this page:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Electrum/comments/6pu0lo/claiming_bcc_from_existing_electrum_wallet/

Thanks. But it does not say which wallet to use as C-Wallet. I suppose Electrum cannot serve that role.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
The blog talks about users who hold bitcoins on their accounts, those users WILL receive their Bitcoin Cash. But it does not state anything about users who will deposit bitcoins after the fork.

After the fork, there are two separate coins.  You can deposit either Bitcoin from a Bitcoin wallet, Bitcoin Cash from a Bitcoin Cash wallet, or you can separately deposit both...no different from depositing Bitcoin and Ethereum.  You only get "free" Bitcoin Cash if you own Bitcoin before the fork and you have the private keys or the 3rd party (e.g. Kraken) that has your keys provides you a way to get access to your Bitcoin Cash.  If your 3rd party is something like Coinbase/GDAX, then they are saying that you won't get your Bitcoin Cash.  Even 3rd parties that announce that you will get access to your Bitcoin Cash could potentially mess up if they haven't thoroughly vetted and tested all processes, so there's risk there.  If you have your private keys, then you control all the risk and you only have to deal with your own mistakes (i.e. not properly securing your keys, etc.) and won't be victim to someone else's.  The sage advice people are giving to make sure you control your private keys assumes that you are capable of properly securing them.  If that's not the case, storing them with a 3rd party wallet or exchange could potentially be safer.
Activity: 330
Merit: 101
can i keep my Bitcoin in Blockchain wallet?
Activity: 1918
Merit: 535
Now next question :

see this page:

Activity: 854
Merit: 307
Now next question :

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol
Is Bittrex is safe to store bitcoin ?

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000808991-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Cash-BCC-

still i need any additional step ?
Although in current I not see Bittrex have issue about store Bitcoin, but remember an exchange trusted is BTC-e has been down by FBI because correlative money laundering by UG. So, withdraw to wallet desktop as Electrum, Bitcoin Core can keep private key or could storage Trazor, Ledger are best choice.
Activity: 39
I keep my bitcoins in Electrum, and have control of the seed. If I understand the guide correctly, I don't have to worry about a thing. When things settle down, and I wish to get hold of my Bitcoin Cash, I'll simply use the seed on possibly a different wallet that Electrum to fetch my Bitcoin Dash. Is this correct?

having the private key is much safer

Thanks for the reply. What's the difference between the seed and the private key - aren't these basically the same thing, in that the seed is like a password, and the key is like a, well, a key, but it's merely two different ways to gain access to the same asset?

With a seed you can regain access to your wallet in Electrum. With a private key you can do it pretty much anywhere.

Thanks, I didn't know that.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000808991-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Cash-BCC-

I dont trust them
The better solution is keep ur btc in your wallet
I mean wallet like a electrum,mycelium,or anything with your have access fully into wallet.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10

Activity: 171
Merit: 100
Many thanks for this thread  Smiley
Activity: 59
The blog talks about users who hold bitcoins on their accounts, those users WILL receive their Bitcoin Cash. But it does not state anything about users who will deposit bitcoins after the fork.

Of course you'll get NOTHING after the fork when you deposit BTC,isn't it logical  Huh
Yes of course, yet there still might be a misunderstanding for some people so it is good to state such facts. So if you have your bitcoins offline and you want to trade on Kraken after the fork you will first need to import your private key or seed into Electrum, claim both Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash and the deposit into Kraken.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Crave is the furure

Of course you'll get NOTHING after the fork when you deposit BTC,isn't it logical  Huh
I keep my bitcoins in Electrum, and have control of the seed. If I understand the guide correctly, I don't have to worry about a thing. When things settle down, and I wish to get hold of my Bitcoin Cash, I'll simply use the seed on possibly a different wallet that Electrum to fetch my Bitcoin Dash. Is this correct?

Thanks for the reply. What's the difference between the seed and the private key - aren't these basically the same thing, in that the seed is like a password, and the key is like a, well, a key, but it's merely two different ways to gain access to the same asset?

With a seed you can regain access to your wallet in Electrum. With a private key you can do it pretty much anywhere.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 635
Have any markets announced that they will be dealing in BCC?

ViaBTC - the Godfather of big blocks and BTC splits  Grin
They will mine & trade BCC/BTC

Bittrex has also announced that they will support and trade bcc. On Aug 1st all Bittrex accounts with non zero balance of btc will be credited by bcc on a 1:1 basis.
https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000808991

Activity: 39

Activity: 896
Merit: 527
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
You can change the nLockTime to any value you want. Reduce the time and you will be able to get the private keys sooner.

and how about mycelium , i used that for preparing 1 Aug
did i must backup wallet or what ?
actually i not really understand about this trouble.
but as i read on steemit or everything news, u must keep ur bitcoin safe on ur wallet.

As far as I know, with Mycelium you are the only owner of your private keys.

However I'm not sure if you will need to export the private keys to have access to the Bitcoin Cash in that chain or they will implement a way to send it from your addresses.

If you need to export your private keys, select the account and choose «Export» from the pop-up menu.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
You can change the nLockTime to any value you want. Reduce the time and you will be able to get the private keys sooner.

and how about mycelium , i used that for preparing 1 Aug
did i must backup wallet or what ?
actually i not really understand about this trouble.
but as i read on steemit or everything news, u must keep ur bitcoin safe on ur wallet.
Activity: 896
Merit: 527
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
I use GreenAddress wallet to keep my Bitcoins. I have activated nLock Time. It said that I can redeem my Bitcoins after 90 days. Now 84 days left. So I can't receive any Bitcoin cash untill these 84 days end as I cannot import my private key to any other wallet. Am I right?
Is there any other way to receive Bitcoin Cash sooner? What should I do?
Pages:
Jump to: