Pages:
Author

Topic: GUIMiner-scrypt: A GUIMiner fork for mining scrypt chains - page 12. (Read 993989 times)

Activity: 526
Merit: 500
Its all about the Gold
Hi Taco,

Putting this line in the extra flags prevents my workers form connecting to the pool, any idea why? Line: --scan-time 30 --expiry 30 --queue 0

Thanks

here ya go :

--scan-time|-s Upper bound on time spent scanning current work, in seconds (default: 60)

--scan-time|-s 30
BBN
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Hi Taco,

Putting this line in the extra flags prevents my workers form connecting to the pool, any idea why? Line: --scan-time 30 --expiry 30 --queue 0

Thanks
Activity: 756
Waiting for this for ages, finally stumbled upon this thread and downloaded GUIMiner immediately, thanks a million to the developer.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
I dont know why but I am having an issue with oone of my cards.It the card that runs my monitor. Its a 1Gb 6850. On occasion when I stop it to change the intensity I restart it and get extremely low hashrate. About 10% or 2Kh it also brings my computer to a crawl. The only way to fix this is to log off and log back in to my user account on windows 7 running the latest build of guiminer. My 5850's never has this issue I will try to error logs to post here soon.

Is something using the cpu ?
Activity: 770
Thank you for this great program.

Is there something I am missing, I downloaded from Mirror 1 and virustotal detects like 25+ viruses
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
Hey all, not sure how to fix this
 [06/06/2013 11:21:16 AM AM] Maximum buffer memory device 1 supports says 268435456
[06/06/2013 11:21:16] Your scrypt settings come to 536870912

I assume it's not some thing I should just totally ignore but it doesn't seem to be causing problems.

quick fix for it: bump down your thread concurrency by a variable of 64 example:  8000 -64 = 7936 but since you are so far over you should select like 8000 and just bump it up 64 at a time until you are maxed but not over. ex. 8000 8064 8128 etc.

Thank you, got it to work =)
Activity: 526
Its all about the Gold
 [06/06/2013 11:21:16 AM AM] Maximum buffer memory device 1 supports says 268435456
[06/06/2013 11:21:16] Your scrypt settings come to 536870912

I assume it's not some thing I should just totally ignore but it doesn't seem to be causing problems.

quick fix for it: bump down your thread concurrency by a variable of 64 example:  8000 -64 = 7936 but since you are so far over you should select like 8000 and just bump it up 64 at a time until you are maxed but not over. ex. 8000 8064 8128 etc.
Activity: 292
 [2013-06-06 11:21:16] Maximum buffer memory device 1 supports says 268435456
[2013-06-06 11:21:16] Your scrypt settings come to 536870912

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002
I dont know why but I am having an issue with oone of my cards.It the card that runs my monitor. Its a 1Gb 6850. On occasion when I stop it to change the intensity I restart it and get extremely low hashrate. About 10% or 2Kh it also brings my computer to a crawl. The only way to fix this is to log off and log back in to my user account on windows 7 running the latest build of guiminer. My 5850's never has this issue I will try to error logs to post here soon.
Activity: 503
GUIMiner is the ONLY way I can mine scrypt using a thread concurrency higher than 8192.  No matter what I've tried using CGMiner, it won't let me use a higher thread concurrency than 8192.  Needless to say, I love this program Smiley.  Keep up the good work Taco!
Activity: 67
This thing works great!  Love it!

Has anyone noticed that running cards from two different series, i.e. 5970 with a 7970, causes one of the cards to hash at a lower rate?  My set-up includes two HD5970s and one HD7970.  When the HD7970 is run by itself it produces around 710KH/s, but when the two HD5970s are started the 7970's hash rate drops to around 530KH/s.  The hash-rates on the HD5970s are each consistently around 740KH/s running with or without the 7970.
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
Recently stumbled on to this GREAT GUIMiner-Script ( v0.04 ) and CUDA letting me test out ltc mining on 2 ( non connected ) 8600GT cards.  I'm getting a few bugs.  These are NOT affecting mining LTC, more like REALLY ANNOYING side issues.

1) closing the miner for any reason ( full close, not just min to taskbar or icons ) I have to use move to get it from the faaaarrrr left back to my main screen ( only 1 card has a monitor attached ) until the window is visible.  It just won't remember which screen and position on close

2) ( this one I don't expect to be an easy fix, more or less I expect some kind of CUDA issue ) it can take between 2 min and 10 min for the ' shares accepted ' to match what the mining pool says has been sent.  currently mining at http://ltc.kattare.com and the ' my stats ' page is anywhere between those ahead of what the miner will report.  I could only get mining to work by setting up ' new cudaminer ' and current settings ( that matter ) is which card, interactive, 2D, multiblock-NO and auto.  any change to those seems to get the card with the monitor to do random freezes even if the changes is to the 2nd card ( as stated earlier, no SLI, motherboard don't do SLI and the pcix1/x16 adapter means the 2nd card is mounted with standoffs on the bottom of the tower and good air flow )

I am using a fan on the North Bridge to keep the screens from going black as well as EVGA Precision X to up the card speeds to 600 core ( on both ) and full fan speed all the time.

... GUIMiner-Scrypt is reporting my speeds between 4MHash/sec to 8 Mhash/sec and the pool has me at a max 21.4 Mhash/sec, which I don't mind since if I just used the Intel Dual 2.8Ghz, I can mine LTC with CPU mining at a max ( pool and me reporting the same ) 1.1 MHash/sec.

To repeat, those 2 bugs are anoying, the first is probably easy to fix and THANK YOU for helping me find a way to LTC mine with old
Nvidia 8600GT cards!!

[EDIT]

MY BAD on the speeds, all speeds should read like this recent share found 14.56 KHash/sec ( average speed 1 card as each is counted as separate worker, this speed is pool side rating )

[edit]

kinda fixed the position issue, re-re-checked the poclbm_scryptini file and found this section and changed to the following - occasionally needs to be re-re-changed on my system....

"window_position": [
    ]
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Nice Cheesy Thanks for doing this!
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002
Activity: 112
GUIMiner-Scrypt might be a good program. And while I am good at configuring programs without instructions, could
someone please help us remember how to set this thing up and run it for use with coinotron.

http://cryptojunky.com/blog/2013/03/12/absolute-beginners-guide-to-litecoin-mining/

I found the above tutorial very useful.
They also have one for Terracoin mining at Coinotron; which you can use for that or for comparison between that and the above Litecoin tutorial as a general guide for mining other coins at Coinotron. Steps are basically the same with other servers also, plug in the correct server details and port for other pools in place of those used for Coinotron.
Activity: 381
Merit: 274
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
As far as I know, you can delete tabs already. When you are on the tab, there is a small X to the far right.
Wow ! thanks for the tip. I am feeling so stupid now ^^ I don't know why I have been deleting my miners by editing the poclbm.ini
Activity: 658
It's a really great program , best hashrate possible , easy to configure ..perfect!  Maybe an option to delete a configured miner in the summary list or by right clicking on its tab could make it even more perfect ^^ 
As far as I know, you can delete tabs already. When you are on the tab, there is a small X to the far right.
Activity: 381
Merit: 274
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
It's a really great program , best hashrate possible , easy to configure ..perfect!  Maybe an option to delete a configured miner in the summary list or by right clicking on its tab could make it even more perfect ^^ 
Activity: 396
mcrimson, I use it on Windows 8 all the time, so yes.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Can this be used with 64 bit Windows??
Pages:
Jump to: