Pages:
Author

Topic: GUIMiner-scrypt: A GUIMiner fork for mining scrypt chains - page 13. (Read 993989 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
GUIMiner-Scrypt might be a good program. And while I am good at configuring programs without instructions, could
someone please help us remember how to set this thing up and run it for use with coinotron.

All I got was a bunch of russian defaults and I edited the default.ini file but apparently you are supposed
to do this 6 more times scattered about in the directories?

Im giving an acre and a half for 1 decent seamstress, and I give room and board. Good meals!
Im all ears at [email protected]

An easier way to stratum mine?
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
How can i use this and have cgminer launch with the GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT and GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS command? Sorry i am very tired and cannot think straight!!! please help
Activity: 47
in 0.041 can you fix the way cudaminer closes please? It causes driver crash but it should close via Ctrl + C command which never causes driver crash in standalone version. It can cause driver crash or my entire pc to freeze and die.

I'm not sure how to resolve this, I'll try to communicate with the process to send the CTRL+C but I'll have to play with that later (communication with CUDAminer via subprocess appears totally borked at this point in time)

In the meantime just execute the .bat file the program generates.

maybe we can ask cbuchner1 for a command that guiminer can access?? cheers for the reply mate Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
in 0.041 can you fix the way cudaminer closes please? It causes driver crash but it should close via Ctrl + C command which never causes driver crash in standalone version. It can cause driver crash or my entire pc to freeze and die.

I'm not sure how to resolve this, I'll try to communicate with the process to send the CTRL+C but I'll have to play with that later (communication with CUDAminer via subprocess appears totally borked at this point in time)

In the meantime just execute the .bat file the program generates.
Taco, due to the seemingly never-ending DDOS attacks on give-me-ltc.com and wemineltc.com (two of the best if not the two best pools), would you consider adding failover as an option for GUIMiner-scrypt?

The way I have my pools set up, they all have the same worker names and passwords on each pool, so the only field I would need to complete would be the site address and port for each of the 3 pools I would use.

I dont know how feasible this is, but I think it would be a great addition.

Also I dont know if I have the latest version, but if you havent replaced the Bitcoin icon with a Litecoin icon, consider doing so!

Failover is already there, you just add it to the "extra flags" field.  It works great for me.

Hallo FullLife!

Can you please show us an example of the syntax for "failover" in "extra flags".

Thanks,
Blizzen

See this post

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1833329

Sorry, I will update to 0.041 soon with support for failover pools.

legendary
Taco, due to the seemingly never-ending DDOS attacks on give-me-ltc.com and wemineltc.com (two of the best if not the two best pools), would you consider adding failover as an option for GUIMiner-scrypt?

The way I have my pools set up, they all have the same worker names and passwords on each pool, so the only field I would need to complete would be the site address and port for each of the 3 pools I would use.

Also I dont know if I have the latest version, but if you havent replaced the Bitcoin icon with a Litecoin icon, consider doing so!

Failover is already there, you just add it to the "extra flags" field.  It works great for me.

Hallo FullLife!

Can you please show us an example of the syntax for "failover" in "extra flags".

Thanks,
Blizzen

See this post

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1833329

Sorry, I will update to 0.041 soon with support for failover pools.
legendary
(mirror 2) has version 0.03 instead of the latest version, 0.04.

fixed
administrator
Activity: 3738
Merit: 2948
(mirror 2) has version 0.03 instead of the latest version, 0.04.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hallo FullLife!

Thanks,
Blizzen
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Carpe Diem

put intensity down to 12 while i'm on.

console
2013-03-18 07:34:54: Running command: E:\Bitcoin\guiminerLTC\cgminer\cgminer.exe --scrypt -u pentix.1 -p__
 -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 -d 0 --thread-concurrency 1600 -w 128 -v 1 -I 12 -g 1 -l 5 -T
2013-03-18 07:34:54: Listener for "coinotron" started
2013-03-18 07:35:01: Listener for "coinotron": [2013-03-18 07:34:55] Started cgminer 2.10.5
2013-03-18 07:35:01: Listener for "coinotron": [2013-03-18 07:34:55] Probing for an alive pool
2013-03-18 07:35:01: Listener for "coinotron": [2013-03-18 07:34:56] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
(keeps saying detected new block)

top part

bottom part

[/quote]

I am getting this problem of it saying detected new block on pool 0 over and over. Trying to mine world coin. Anyone figure out what was wrong?  Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Try the AMD cleanup utility, then redo or try a different driver/sdk..

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
I am offering a 5 litecoin donation or equal in bitcoin to anyone who can help me figure this out

I am trying to set up a few mining rigs with 4x6870s (sapphire) and 2x 6860x2 (Visiontek) and am having some issues. On the first computer I set up I was having trouble getting windows to recognize the cards but that I can figure out as its probably something simple, but the main problem is

On the other computer once I tell GuiMiner- Scrypt Alpha to start mining with more than 4 cards it tells me I have an error and it needs to close. It doesn't close and keeps mining with the 4 cards that have started but will be in an internal deadlock saying its starting or connecting but never will. I dont know why the first computer would allow me to miner with more than 4 gpus but has other errors and this one wont let me mine with more than four

I have have 4 rigs all being built and have alot riding on this.

Specs: Mobo Gigabyte UD5 990FXx3, UD7x1
CPU- AMD 145 singlex2, Dual core, and X640
GPU - 16x sapphire 6870, 8x visiontek 6870x2
PSU - Coolmax 1600w, 3xkingin 1000w, OCZ 1250w, Coolermaster 800w, Diablotek 600w
RAM- 16GB Corsair Dominator 1866, 3x8gb Gskill 1600
Windows 7

I am a previous bitcoin miner and have had many systems with more than 4 gpus. And the big thing is on one computer I was mining with more than 4 gpus for a while but now on my other ones I am having issues.

Error code
Probelem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application name: CGMINER/exe
Version 0.0.0.0
fault module name aticaldd.dll
fault module version 6.14.10.1589
exception code c0000005
Exception Offset 0017e048

I have the same issue, except I get this even with 2 cards
Activity: 33
hi

this work for BTC or not  Huh?

thanks
BUG WITH CUDAMINER

When you press stop from summary it doesn't close cudaminer properly. The command for closing it is ctrl + c but i think it just exits it which causes a driver crash.
Activity: 606
run seperate instances of it, with other cards disabled in each instance

I tried to run cgiminer from the command line, without guiminer, with a single card 6990 both cores, like you told separate command line for each core.
 Well now is mining from 1 h without any problems. I also disabled the automatic restart so read the reason for the bsod in case there was.

it's easy to think the troubles were due to some problem with guiminer. but expect to give conclusions.

now I'll try with the second card, the first 3 and then 4 instances from the command line, one for each core.

if that will work  the problem would be almost certainly with guiminer.

I will update soon
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
run seperate instances of it, with other cards disabled in each instance
Activity: 606
http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/vga/449/accelero-twin-turbo-6990.html?c=2182

hello guys, I installed this system on both my 6990

Now, however, the system does not hold nor with 4 cores (2 x 2 boards), or with 3 core ... and even with a single card - 2 cores!

Now ,  I can not think that a power supply from 1200 w is not able to hold a single 6990 with this cooling system at maximum power under mining litecoin, with a core i7 and 12 gb ram ddr 3 on a asus P6T7 supercomputer and wa a dvd player attached, and nothing more!

obviously there is something wrong.

the system will auto-reboot and restart . windows 8 tells me if I want to send info to microsoft about the fault that caused the reboot.

I do not know, you need the dump files, the same that says to send to microsoft to give me a hand?

I'm beginning to be short of ideas for how to solve the problem ....
Activity: 92
GUIMiner scrypt的:GUIMiner叉采矿scrypt的链

Perhaps you might consider working with the development group translating the upcoming Netcoin release information, and current white papers into Mandarin, that's a good translation you have there.
Activity: 95
Hi all.

I've tried using GUIminer on a few occassions to mine LTC and NVC but anytime I've tried, no matter what pool I'm trying to connect to, I get this:
Code:
2013-05-09 16:35:37: Listener for "Default" started
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:35:37] Started cgminer 2.11.3
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:35:37] Probing for an alive pool
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:35:40] Pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:36:37] No servers were found that could be used to get work from.
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:36:37] Please check the details from the list below of the servers you have input
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:36:37] Most likely you have input the wrong URL, forgotten to add a port, or have not set up workers
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:36:37] Pool: 0  URL: http://pool-nvc.khore.org:9332  User: fishing  Password: fish

I just went though every page on this thread and the only suggestion I found was launching cgminer via command which I did and got the same error. I've setup workers obviously but this always happens. I don't have any firewall up either. Any suggestions?

I *think* khore is not stratum. Stratum is enabled as default on GUIminer-scrypt.

For anyone reading this with the same issue, I figured out my problem. I was typing in the username/password fields: workername/password when I should have been typing username.workername/password. I don't remember having to do this for mining BTC at any of the pools I tried but maybe I'm mistaken. So if your username is johndoe and your workername is box1 you'd want to put into guiminer: johndoe.workername and then just the password for the worker(not both)

Now that that's solved can anyone tell me the proper format for the "-s" flag? My GPU overheats easily and I'd rather use the -s flag to give it a break than add cooling or lower the intensity(going -1 from the value I want on intensity cuts my hashrate by more than a half) I've tried putting in -s.01 -s .01 -s0.01 etc but I always get "not a valid number" errors. any thoughts?
Activity: 100
GUIMiner scrypt的:GUIMiner叉采矿scrypt的链
Pages:
Jump to: