Pages:
Author

Topic: GUIMiner-scrypt: A GUIMiner fork for mining scrypt chains - page 14. (Read 993989 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
hello, there, Have you heard of scrypt-jane? can your miner run it?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Hey, Tacotime!  Thanks for the suggestion.  I didn't realize when installing Win8 that I was logged in as admin.  But it seems the behavior of cgminer hasn't improved.  I can get it to mine SHA coins no problem.  But as soon as I try to mine a scrypt coin it just hangs at 'starting' and then crashes.  Are my environment vars messed up so that scrypt mining is broken?  That seems weird but I am at a total loss at this point.  In summary, cgminer works for BTC or TRC but breaks for scrypt mining.  I am starting to think something is wrong with my RAM/mobo connection.  But sys info correctly reads amount of RAM installed.  I don't know...

edit:

And Reaper just hangs in 'compiling kernel'...

I've got no experience with Win8, which may be what's causing the problem, but it's hard to tell from here.  You should try installing Win7 instead and see if that works better for you.

I couldn't run guiminer on Win7.  The ports on the mobo wouldn't work, including ethernet.  So it has to be a hardware issue, especially since I built the first rig with no problems. 

Thanks for your time.  I look forward to netcoin.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Hey, Tacotime!  Thanks for the suggestion.  I didn't realize when installing Win8 that I was logged in as admin.  But it seems the behavior of cgminer hasn't improved.  I can get it to mine SHA coins no problem.  But as soon as I try to mine a scrypt coin it just hangs at 'starting' and then crashes.  Are my environment vars messed up so that scrypt mining is broken?  That seems weird but I am at a total loss at this point.  In summary, cgminer works for BTC or TRC but breaks for scrypt mining.  I am starting to think something is wrong with my RAM/mobo connection.  But sys info correctly reads amount of RAM installed.  I don't know...

edit:

I've got no experience with Win8, which may be what's causing the problem, but it's hard to tell from here.  You should try installing Win7 instead and see if that works better for you.
Just downloaded this on my third rig with duo 7970s.  Rig I built yesterday was completed flawlessly.  Today's rig hates me.  Guiminer-scrypt will cause cgminer to crash when attempting to start mining.  I can run cgminer via cmd prompt, and I have uninstalled/installed amd sdk/CCC drivers several times.  Unstalled/installed guiminer as well.  And running guiminer as admin doesn't seem to help either.  Saved working guiminer from from other rig on a flash drive and running it on new rig, but still getting same cgminer error when starting to mine.  Any sugesstions?

Here's the error in the exe log file:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "guiminer.py", line 1033, in toggle_mining
  File "guiminer.py", line 1338, in start_mining
  File "guiminer.py", line 1167, in configure_subprocess_cgminer
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Windows\\System32\\cgminer\\mine-ryc6.bat'

edit:

same with reaper.  Tries to compile kernel since first time running it but immediately crashes.

edit 2:

did a fresh install of Windows 8 and still the same problem.

edit 3:

I can get guiminer (non scrypt version) to mine BTC and TRC using poclbm, so at least I know my gpu is working.  Next I'm going to replace my RAM and mess with my bios as well to see if I can get anything.

I'm about to pass out, time for sleep. Hopefully someone can shed light on my issues.

You're running the program as an administrator, it looks like, because pwd is being set to C:\\Windows\\System32\\

edit:

legendary
Just downloaded this on my third rig with duo 7970s.  Rig I built yesterday was completed flawlessly.  Today's rig hates me.  Guiminer-scrypt will cause cgminer to crash when attempting to start mining.  I can run cgminer via cmd prompt, and I have uninstalled/installed amd sdk/CCC drivers several times.  Unstalled/installed guiminer as well.  And running guiminer as admin doesn't seem to help either.  Saved working guiminer from from other rig on a flash drive and running it on new rig, but still getting same cgminer error when starting to mine.  Any sugesstions?

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Windows\\System32\\cgminer\\mine-ryc6.bat'

edit:

same with reaper.  Tries to compile kernel since first time running it but immediately crashes.

edit 2:

edit 3:

I can get guiminer (non scrypt version) to mine BTC and TRC using poclbm, so at least I know my gpu is working.  Next I'm going to replace my RAM and mess with my bios as well to see if I can get anything.

I'm about to pass out, time for sleep. Hopefully someone can shed light on my issues.

You're running the program as an administrator, it looks like, because pwd is being set to C:\\Windows\\System32\\

edit:

edit 2:

edit 3:

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Hi all.

I've tried using GUIminer on a few occassions to mine LTC and NVC but anytime I've tried, no matter what pool I'm trying to connect to, I get this:
Code:
2013-05-09 16:35:37: Listener for "Default" started
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:35:37] Started cgminer 2.11.3
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:35:37] Probing for an alive pool
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:35:40] Pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:36:37] No servers were found that could be used to get work from.
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:36:37] Please check the details from the list below of the servers you have input
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:36:37] Most likely you have input the wrong URL, forgotten to add a port, or have not set up workers
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:36:37] Pool: 0  URL: http://pool-nvc.khore.org:9332  User: fishing  Password: fish

I just went though every page on this thread and the only suggestion I found was launching cgminer via command which I did and got the same error. I've setup workers obviously but this always happens. I don't have any firewall up either. Any suggestions?

I *think* khore is not stratum. Stratum is enabled as default on GUIminer-scrypt.
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
Taco, due to the seemingly never-ending DDOS attacks on give-me-ltc.com and wemineltc.com (two of the best if not the two best pools), would you consider adding failover as an option for GUIMiner-scrypt?

The way I have my pools set up, they all have the same worker names and passwords on each pool, so the only field I would need to complete would be the site address and port for each of the 3 pools I would use.

I dont know how feasible this is, but I think it would be a great addition.

Also I dont know if I have the latest version, but if you havent replaced the Bitcoin icon with a Litecoin icon, consider doing so!

Failover is already there, you just add it to the "extra flags" field.  It works great for me.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
I use litecoinpool.org and Reaper. Why is it that whenever I stop mining I receive an idle worker email? ScryptMiner doesn't do that so it must be this program.
Activity: 95
Hi all.

I've tried using GUIminer on a few occassions to mine LTC and NVC but anytime I've tried, no matter what pool I'm trying to connect to, I get this:
Code:
2013-05-09 16:35:37: Listener for "Default" started
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:35:37] Started cgminer 2.11.3
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:35:37] Probing for an alive pool
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:35:40] Pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:36:37] No servers were found that could be used to get work from.
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:36:37] Please check the details from the list below of the servers you have input
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:36:37] Most likely you have input the wrong URL, forgotten to add a port, or have not set up workers
2013-05-09 16:36:37: Listener for "Default": [2013-05-09 16:36:37] Pool: 0  URL: http://pool-nvc.khore.org:9332  User: fishing  Password: fish

I just went though every page on this thread and the only suggestion I found was launching cgminer via command which I did and got the same error. I've setup workers obviously but this always happens. I don't have any firewall up either. Any suggestions?
Activity: 1036
Taco, due to the seemingly never-ending DDOS attacks on give-me-ltc.com and wemineltc.com (two of the best if not the two best pools), would you consider adding failover as an option for GUIMiner-scrypt?

The way I have my pools set up, they all have the same worker names and passwords on each pool, so the only field I would need to complete would be the site address and port for each of the 3 pools I would use.

I dont know how feasible this is, but I think it would be a great addition.

Also I dont know if I have the latest version, but if you havent replaced the Bitcoin icon with a Litecoin icon, consider doing so!
Activity: 109
So far so good Taco! And thanks for using a unique icon <3  Grin

Quick feedback(my experience, same pool, 15 minute tests for each change, Win7(32), 7850 "OC" 1GB, stock clocks for this one = 900/1200/100% fan), all on cgminer. Catalyst 12.8, APP SDK 2.6   ***All hashrates were confirmed on the mining pool for accuracy***  

274.0 KH/s

277.3 KH/s

Now, I don't know if I should say this out or not....

I replaced the cgminer folder with BFGminer 3.0.2 by simply moving all of the files into a folder named cgminer, moving it into the directory, and renaming bfgminer.exe to cgminer.exe . YMMV if you want to try this, and the hashrate is going to show up different in the status bar, but it works fairly well if you just want to use it as the GUI front-end.

283.2 KH/s

280.1 KH/s

Now I overclocked the card to 1050 and left the memclock.

stock 0.02 =322.1 KH/s
w/BFGm 0.02 = 332.6 KH/s    

stock 0.04 = 308.4 KH/s
w/BFGm 0.04 = 326.0 KH/s

I should also note, I used the suggested settings for 7850(low), and the GPU threads field autofills with 2, not 1 in 0.04. My card with any miner will barely hash at all with 2 in this box.  I'm not sure if that was just a typo, because 0.02 autofilled the box to 1.

I don't know if it's just me, but simply doing the BFGminer swap with 0.02 gave me the best results, which IMO is kind of odd because this is just a frontend, and I would have expected the same with 0.04.

Version 0.04 alpha is uploaded.  Enjoy, and sorry cudaminer doesn't work perfectly, but it will make batch files automatically.

Other than cudaminer, what other changes did you implement?

see op

Probably should have looked there first eh lol.
legendary
Version 0.04 alpha is uploaded.  Enjoy, and sorry cudaminer doesn't work perfectly, but it will make batch files automatically.

see op

legendary
Update coming (hopefully) soon, code is done but cudaminer isn't reporting to stdout properly.  As soon as this issue is solved with the cudaminer dev 0.04 will be out.  A few bugs were also fixed.

One little request. Different icon, so it's distinguishable between multiple instances that use the same icon in the tray(a lot of different CryptoCurrency proggies are using the same icon.)

Grin   Whipped this up for you to use however you want, if that helps.

http://ge.tt/49tPFyf/v/0?c  <-already packaged ico download link of the 4 above icons.

Thanks, I have used this for 0.04
legendary
legendary
I will release v0.04 with broken cudaminer support today.  Unfortunately, I haven't heard from the programmer about fixing the program, and I have no way to get its output from stdout right now.  You can still start/stop it with guiminer and see if it's getting shares through the proxy.  In addition to this, it writes a .bat file in the cudaminer folder that runs the command line version of the program with the settings you've selected.

A few other bugs have been patched, notably one that fixes the "Starting..." hang when trying to start a miner when your windows username has a space in it.
Activity: 92
HI Tacotime,

How can I see what is causing the stales shares - prevhash-stale or something diff (unknown-work, high-hash)?

Thank You

EDIT: using cgminer

EDIT 2: Anyone willing to help?

Please, you can post part of your log so we can look at that. I google all the errors and phrases I see in my log, we can discuss them here.
BBN
Activity: 77
HI Tacotime,

How can I see what is causing the stales shares - prevhash-stale or something diff (unknown-work, high-hash)?

Thank You

EDIT: using cgminer

EDIT 2: Anyone willing to help?
Pages:
Jump to: