Pages:
Author

Topic: GUIMiner-scrypt: A GUIMiner fork for mining scrypt chains - page 11. (Read 993989 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Carpe Diem
Jcw188, the program does not work on WinXP 32bit.

Ok, but I have the same problem just running the cgminer straight up.  Should cgminer be working on xp 32 bit?  When you say program doesn't work, do you mean guiminer scrypt or cgminer?
Activity: 396
Merit: 250
Jcw188, the program does not work on WinXP 32bit.
Activity: 546
Carpe Diem
Hi, I just started using your program but I'm getting a "CGMINER.exe has stopped working" crash each time i hit Start. Able to mine BTC just fine using GUIminer vanilla so no idea what might be the issue here?

Any ideas? Many thanks!

I have the exact same problem.  I'm on window XP 32 bit.  I mine BTC fine with GUIminer with AMD 11.4.  I tried 12.8 and the most recent AMD release and I get the blue screen of death when I try to start mining with those.  Thanks for help!
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
Hi, I just started using your program but I'm getting a "CGMINER.exe has stopped working" crash each time i hit Start. Able to mine BTC just fine using GUIminer vanilla so no idea what might be the issue here?

Any ideas? Many thanks!
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
With "guiminer-scrypt_win32_binaries_v0.04" for windows what SDK comes bundled with it ?? I want to try and get everything up and running on Linux

Also I could run cgminer through the guiminer. If I created a batch file of the commands that were sent to cgminer Windows comes up with a less than useful "Windows has detected an error and will close gui message. Is this related to some security issue ??

Thanks

Paul
Activity: 660
Mirror 1 appears to be faulty or incomplete. Mirror 2 from is hosted at Mega and seems complete (will be testing and let you know)
Activity: 303
win xp is not supported

Hello Taco!
How can I completely clean my W7x64 registry from guiminerscrypt?
Version 0.03 worked great for a while, but then, or after trying v.0.04, or after too many tabs in program it stopped loading, and nothing helps to get it work again((

I mean, how to complete clean install with deletion of all old settings? Deletion of folders with program seems not enough, settings are saving somewhere (dont know where exactly).

Edit: ahh I've found it, it's in C:\Users\x\AppData\Roaming\poclbm
Activity: 784
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
This really works like Magic, I couldn't get cgminer working stable even with the commands it executes but it seems to work fine!

What is this sorcery? I know it doesn't show he errors or whatnot but it don't seem to be losing any shares too

I couldn't get this GUIMiner to work, but I have cgminer working really well now. Pulling 600 a card for two 7970's.
Activity: 355
Merit: 268
This really works like Magic, I couldn't get cgminer working stable even with the commands it executes but it seems to work fine!

What is this sorcery? I know it doesn't show he errors or whatnot but it don't seem to be losing any shares too
Activity: 784
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
When I try to get it to start, it says "no servers could be used!  Exiting"

Any advice welcomed :-)
Activity: 56
when will be a new version 0.05 ?
Activity: 7
GUIMiner is telling me 'Got LP' after mining for some hours. I understand that LP stands for long polling, but
1) why am I being told 'Got LP'?
2) does it require me to do anything?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I could not use the -f function to limit GPU performance on the miner, are there any alternative means to limit the mining program so that I can reserve some of my GPUs resource for other stuff on my PC (Desktop use etc).
I have no issues doing SHA256 mining on GUIMiner, it's just this scrypt version that I get problems with  Huh
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Hey Taco, been using your program smoothly for a while but i've encountered two problems recently when using it. Could you please take a look:
(i'm using different generation gpu, one is 5850(gpu1) and the other is 7970 as gpu2)

1. The first problem : the program crashed instantly when running the program for the first time after restarting windows. This has never happpened when i was using the same gpu (5850x2). After i changed the second gpu to 7970, the crash starts happening. It doesn't even get to hashing. Click icon, harddrive flashing, then windows BSOD (something about atikmpag.sys). And it only happened with the guiminer scrypt. The strange thing is, if i try to run the normal guiminer (bitcoin one), or cgminer scrypt, they all run and hash just fine.  Running other games/apps that using gpu is perfectly fine also. But as soon as i try to run guiminer scrypt for the first time, it will BSOD.
The only remedy to this if i delete the .bin files generated on the guiminer scrypt folder. Then i can run your program and hash for days just fine. But whenever i restart my windows, i've got to delete the .bin files in order to get around the BSOD.

2. The second problem : After starting and stopping the hashing couple of times on my gpu1 (i start/stop a lot sometimes to change to another alt coins), somehow my gpu1 will stuck at extremely lower hashing (from 300 khash/s to around 15 khash/s). This only happened with GPU1, never with my GPU2. The GPU1 is only at 12 aggression all the time. Also, it can hash very stable for days around 300 khash/s as long as i don't start/stop for too many times. If i do, the next time i start it, it will suddenly stuck at 15 khash/s but somehow act like it's at 18 agression, the computer become very sluggish. Also, when this happened, using normal guiminer or cgminer scrypt runs perfectly fine like normal. Only the guiminer scrypt is having this symptoms. And there are no remedy for this but to restart the OS and it will come back to normal. But if i do the start/stop couple of times again it will stuck again in no time.

Could you take a look at this taco? especially the problem #2 since i can't find any working solution for it other than restarting right now.
Thanks.

p.s: i'm using ati 13.1 drivers, windows 7 x64 right now.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
I get those errors, and im not able to find an answer on the internet

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "guiminer.py", line 20, in
  File "pyopencl\__init__.pyo", line 4, in
  File "pyopencl\_cl.pyo", line 12, in
  File "pyopencl\_cl.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: Impossibile trovare il modulo specificato.

Note: the software does NOT start at all!
Note2: i've already downloaded
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx
for my ATI Radeon
I have WinXP, tell me if you need more details
Thank You :-)

win xp is not supported
Activity: 13
for some reason guiminer shows 2.5 mh/s  but coinotron only shows 21kh/s.  anyone have any ideas?

i emailed support, but just haven't heard back.  maybe i should just try a different pool
Activity: 54
I get those errors, and im not able to find an answer on the internet

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "guiminer.py", line 20, in
  File "pyopencl\__init__.pyo", line 4, in
  File "pyopencl\_cl.pyo", line 12, in
  File "pyopencl\_cl.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: Impossibile trovare il modulo specificato.

Note: the software does NOT start at all!
Note2: i've already downloaded
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx
for my ATI Radeon
I have WinXP, tell me if you need more details
Thank You :-)
Activity: 526
Its all about the Gold
i have discovered a weird error: i have been getting shares ok and been reporting to pools ok and having them match and since i am new to this still virtually especially with mining, this is a first of this error i have seen on any of the forums.
It appears that when i have found and solved a block, i get this error and i am not credited with finding it but the pool gets credit for solving it tho just with a "unknown" finder. error is this:

"result does not validate on CPU!"

this is the latest version of Guiminer-scrypt and cuda miner and i love the programs, as it has boosted my hashes greatly but i could not figure out this odd bug.

anyone have any ideas?

i have a screen shot but i couldnt attach any attachments to this message.
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
Thank you for this great program.

Is there something I am missing, I downloaded from Mirror 1 and virustotal detects like 25+ viruses

A number of the files used in the program may trip certain AV programs. You can safely ignore the warnings, might also look for a better AV program as well.
Activity: 252
thanks taco great work
Pages:
Jump to: