Pages:
Author

Topic: GUIMiner-scrypt: A GUIMiner fork for mining scrypt chains - page 7. (Read 993989 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Hi, I´ve one question. I´m solo mining a new coin with dif. 0,8... I got 1 share to 3 stale at my 3 GPUs in my rig. At the forum they said, that I should use this: --queue 0 --scan-time 1 --expiry 1 to get less stale.

Is there a possibility to optimize the settings?

My setting are:

GPU: x280
Extra flags: "empty"
Thread concurrency: 8192
Worksize: 64 (put it down from 256)
Vectors: 1
Intensity: 13
GPU threads: 2

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
Are newer 13.2 AMD drivers ok to use with this? (cgminer)

Or are 12.8 still ideal?

and if not does cgminer need a build with newest dev sdks?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Impressive miner, the best, i use it as well.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Just downloaded the source from GitHub and when I run it, it says version 0.2; however, the compiled executable is v0.4

Have you updated the sources?

Oh, my bad, I forgot to commit 0.04 alpha

I'll do that tomorrow
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

I'm having trouble with that as well, I've read about extra flags, and making it check for new blocks at smaller time intervals. I know that is entered into extra flags, but have not seen a single concrete example of exactly what the text ought to be.

Hahaha, people just say: " oh, set your scantime in extra flags to something between 1 and thirty" and expect you know exactly how to do it I guess.

Probably most of those folks used command line miners before gui's, so it's something they learned and take for granted that anyone using any sort of miner must know how.

But I friggin' don't (HINT), and I'm a little sick of getting these stales instead of blocks, so a little help would be kinna sweet.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Just downloaded the source from GitHub and when I run it, it says version 0.2; however, the compiled executable is v0.4

Have you updated the sources?
Activity: 6
Does someone has a mirror? The download link isn't working.

Edit: nvm, it just took a verry long time for the download to start.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
hi tacko can you tell me best driver to use with the r280s for scrypt mining thx in advance.
Activity: 238
Hi,

I'm using GUIMiner-Scrypt for solo mining.
Frequently I have read that if you add "--scan-time 15 --expiry 30", you will get better results.
My Question now is, where do I have to add this?

Is it right, when I write that into "Extra Flags" in that way "--scan-time 15 --expiry 30"?

My current ratio of shares: 8 accepted, 14 stale/invalid
Is this a good or a bad ratio?

Thanks a lot for answering & help! Smiley
Phil

Can nobody help me? Sad
legendary
I'm using this software to mine with a Sapphire R9 290, but I'm only getting about 495 khash/s, with thread concurrency 8192, worksize 256, vectors 1, intensity 13, GPU threads 1 and GPU Defaults 7970 (low usage). I'm getting more with my Sapphire 7970 (about 610 with the same settings except GPU threads 2 ). Could someone please help me? I'll gladly make a donation if my hashrate increases.

Do I have to use CGMiner to get any decent hashrate (I have tried it but I get the same kind of pathetic results, as I don't know how to configure it properly).

You could try the same settings I posted few mins ago in this thread. Those settings should imporve your speed noticeably.

The new settings I included should work okay too, you guys should see 850-910 KH/s depending on how you tweak your clocks
Is it the download in your first post or is it somewhere else? Seems to be 0.4 still.

Same compiled version, just with new cgminer/cudaminer versions and configurations file
Activity: 56
I'm using this software to mine with a Sapphire R9 290, but I'm only getting about 495 khash/s, with thread concurrency 8192, worksize 256, vectors 1, intensity 13, GPU threads 1 and GPU Defaults 7970 (low usage). I'm getting more with my Sapphire 7970 (about 610 with the same settings except GPU threads 2 ). Could someone please help me? I'll gladly make a donation if my hashrate increases.

Do I have to use CGMiner to get any decent hashrate (I have tried it but I get the same kind of pathetic results, as I don't know how to configure it properly).

You could try the same settings I posted few mins ago in this thread. Those settings should imporve your speed noticeably.

The new settings I included should work okay too, you guys should see 850-910 KH/s depending on how you tweak your clocks
Ok, got it working after deleting "poclbm-scrypt.ini".

And those presets don't work. Sure it runs with them, but not very fast and I got only stales/invalids. Not a single accepted share. After trying my own setup I got no stales/invalids, only accepted shares, so can't say those settings are working. Tried both R9 290 low and high setup. Neither works for me.

Ok, seems I was wrong. The high atleast seems to run now without stales. Just needed a restart on my PC.

Edit: Nope, 2 mins and it starts giving me stales... something is wrong..

Edit2: Might be a problem with the pool too as I tried inputting my old settings and still get stales. Either pool or something ain't working with my miner after fresh install.

Edit3: Seems to have been a problem with the pool. Working better now. And those presets seem to work for R9 290.
With low I get stable 500kH/s but with the high one i get 760-790kH/s and jumps alot. If I set intensity to 18 i get stable 790kH/s.
But then again my GPU is VERY unstable when mining above 600kH/s. Drivers keep crashing, GPU goes into coma/won't leave idle/blackscreen etc if I stop mining and turn it back on. Dunno if that is a common issue or is it just my GPU?

Ok, got it working after deleting "poclbm-scrypt.ini".

And those presets don't work. Sure it runs with them, but not very fast and I got only stales/invalids. Not a single accepted share. After trying my own setup I got no stales/invalids, only accepted shares, so can't say those settings are working. Tried both R9 290 low and high setup. Neither works for me.

Is it the download in your first post or is it somewhere else? Seems to be 0.4 still.
Hi guys, im trying to setup my R9 280x in Guiminer Scypt Alpha, with the following settings, gpu threads 2, intensity 13 and TC 8192, but in the console is says that Thread 1 being disabled.

Anyway to fix this?

Use "GPU Threads: 1"
legendary

legendary
Updated settings to include new GPUs, latest version of cgminer, latest version of cudaminer
Hello.
Is anybody can share with me a settings of Gui miner for Radeon 290X?

It gives only 500-530 kh\s. I heard that it should be around 1000 kh\s.

Using MSI AB Beta 17 for monitoring. Still there is no voltage control in any software for this card.

Hi,

using these settings with my Asus R9 290 in GUIMiner-scrypt:

Thread concurrency: 32765 and been stable with it (can try 24000 if it's not stable)
Worksize: 512
Vectors: 1
GPU threads: 1

At first I lowered my Voltage as much as I could and tweaked my clock speeds alittle but kept experiencing driver crashes etc so stopped fooling around with them. Now I use stock voltage/clockspeeds. (Try Asus GPU Tweak, atleast I was able to set my voltage in it)

With Intensity 14 (the one I use while surfing and watching videos on comp etc.) I get stable 600kH/s.
With Intensity 18 (the one I use when I'm not on the comp) I get stable 820kH/s.
Tried Intensity 19 and 20 but was unstable for me. Might work with some more tweaking.

With stock cooling it ran very hot with intensity 18 (was damn loud too). 14 was bearable. Lowering voltage to 1.150V from 1.250V helped with the temp alot.
Now with watercooling the temp stays at 62C with intensity 18 so I'm happy.

Hope this helps.
Activity: 238
Hi,

I'm using GUIMiner-Scrypt for solo mining.
Frequently I have read that if you add "--scan-time 15 --expiry 30", you will get better results.
My Question now is, where do I have to add this?

Is it right, when I write that into "Extra Flags" in that way "--scan-time 15 --expiry 30"?

My current ratio of shares: 8 accepted, 14 stale/invalid
Is this a good or a bad ratio?

Thanks a lot for answering & help! Smiley
Phil
Pages:
Jump to: