Pages:
Author

Topic: GUIMiner-scrypt: A GUIMiner fork for mining scrypt chains - page 9. (Read 993989 times)

Activity: 2044
Merit: 461
Contact me in Telegram: @JperryC
Take care everyone, found a trojan in source forge with avira.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Hey everyone,

I'm having some troubles getting my 5970's and 6950's to work.  At first, neither were connecting to middlecoin.com.  I played with the Thread Concurrency and i got the 5970's to connect once set to 3200 (a 5770's default) but even with good looking hash rates, around 700K/Hash per card, i'm barely getting any accepted shares.  In fact, I can't even get it's hash rate to register on middlecoin.  It's averaging about 1 accepted share per hour.  On another rig I have 5770's which are out performing my 5970's.  I intend to go to https://litecoin.inf...ware_comparison to replicate peoples exact results... but this will take some time.

Right now i'm using:
-GUIminer Scrypt with CGminer updated to 3.7
-AMD Drivers 12.8
-Windows 7

5970's:
 Concurency Thread: 3200
Vectors: 1
GPU Threads: 1
Worksize 256
Intensity 18
*This setting is the only way the 5970 will connect*  I need better results!

Can anyone help me out... what am I doing wrong?  I'm fairly novice and I have a feeling it has to do with the thread, intensity, worksize... etc... Or possibly something else :s

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
I just  dumped CGMiner V3.7 in GuiMiner Scrypt.  It's working.. but worse.  I'm now hovering just under 800Khash Sad

Would you know anything about my second questions regarding my second rig? Smiley

Run the .bat files and tell me what they say
I just  dumped CGMiner V3.7 in GuiMiner Scrypt.  It's working.. but worse.  I'm now hovering just under 800Khash Sad

Would you know anything about my second questions regarding my second rig? Smiley
legendary
Thanks Vivisector999 

Another question:

#1 Ive got one rig successfully connected to middlecoin.com.  It comprises of a 6990 & two 5770.  I've noticed that over time the Khash decrease.  Once I start them up, they're around 180khashs, but within 45 minutes, they're down too 100Khashes. Or in other words, the total for the rig when it first starts up is 1.2Mhash, but after about an hour, it's down to 1.0Mhash.  I'm running the 12.1 driver and i'm thinking about upgrading to 12.8. Hopefully that'll help :s Changing the Core Clock doesnt change much either :s

#2 I've got a second rig with two 5970's, hooked into the same network swtich as Rig #1.  I've setup Guiminer exactly the same as Rig #1... and it wont connect.  I've read that it could take some time to connect, but after 10 minutes or longer... nothing but "connecting" and "connection problems" under the summary. I even emailed myself my Wallet Adress to ensure it was 100% :s Help? http://postimg.org/image/vadhr6hwn/

I'm starting to wonder if that's a bug in general because others have reported it.  If you navigate to the /cgminer/ directory, there should be a "whatever.bat" file with the same name as your mining tab.  If you run that it opens a console instance of cgminer so you can see the exact output.

You can also upgrade cgminer to the latest version by downloading it and then dumping it in that folder.
Thanks Vivisector999 

Another question:

#1 Ive got one rig successfully connected to middlecoin.com.  It comprises of a 6990 & two 5770.  I've noticed that over time the Khash decrease.  Once I start them up, they're around 180khashs, but within 45 minutes, they're down too 100Khashes. Or in other words, the total for the rig when it first starts up is 1.2Mhash, but after about an hour, it's down to 1.0Mhash.  I'm running the 12.1 driver and i'm thinking about upgrading to 12.8. Hopefully that'll help :s Changing the Core Clock doesnt change much either :s

#2 I've got a second rig with two 5970's, hooked into the same network swtich as Rig #1.  I've setup Guiminer exactly the same as Rig #1... and it wont connect.  I've read that it could take some time to connect, but after 10 minutes or longer... nothing but "connecting" and "connection problems" under the summary. I even emailed myself my Wallet Adress to ensure it was 100% :s Help? http://postimg.org/image/vadhr6hwn/

Activity: 541
Merit: 500
Nope scrypt is measured in Kh/s not Mh/s.
You mean mega hashes right?
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
try a different version of the driver you should be getting between 167-210 K/hashes each
Hey Everyone,

I just installed this GuiMiner Scrypt.  I'm trying to connect to Middlecoin.com  and I think I have it working.  But i'm getting extremely low hash. Around 180khash.  I'm running two 5770's just as a test.  I mined for Btc with 50Btc.com about 8 months ago (yup, lost some Btc with them) but now I want to try this scrypt currency.

Can anyone let me know what i'm doing wrong... or maybe what i'm not understanding.  I'm using AMD Driver 12.1.

Thanks,

Screen Shot:  http://s23.postimg.org/zcv0e5mzv/Untitled.png
legendary
I am receiving this error when trying to start Guiminer Scrypt
It throws the error and never opens

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "guiminer.py", line 20, in
  File "pyopencl\__init__.pyo", line 4, in
  File "pyopencl\_cl.pyo", line 12, in
  File "pyopencl\_cl.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Windows 7 64bit
AMD Radeon HD 7470

Anyone know of anyway to resolve the issue?

I updated the Driver from 13.4 to 13.9 and I was finally able to open the application.

Now when I try to start the miner it just keeps saying "Connecting".
Any ideas?

Execute the .bat in the cgminer folder and look at the output
Activity: 56
Does this only work for AMD cards?

I have Intel HD 4000? If default is higher than that will it never work?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
Hi all,  Wondering if this may be a lost cause but said I would ask before giving up hope!.. I have a Intel HD 4400 graphics card have tried a lot of different configurations with settings but it stubbornly stays at 8khs which is useless really. Thanks!
Sadly the integrated intel hd series of graphics accelerators are pretty much useless at this point imho
Activity: 48

Windows 7 64bit
AMD Radeon HD 7470

I updated the Driver from 13.4 to 13.9 and I was finally able to open the application.

Now when I try to start the miner it just keeps saying "Connecting".
Any ideas?
Activity: 48

Windows 7 64bit
AMD Radeon HD 7470

Activity: 354
Merit: 250
Other tips that may also help others just starting out.......

So put the following in cgminer(s) in the field titled HOST:    pool1.us.multipool.us

And as well in the Stratum Proxy miner in the field titled HOST:   pool1.us.multipool.us

for the port setting for both the above use:    3336

Thanks for this post. I have found it very helpful. I have been using cgminer to mine BTC with an ASIC block erupter but now I am venturing into scrypt mining. When I mined for BTC I had the cgminer start with a .bat file.  I'm not sure what you mean put pool1.us.multipool.us in the host field for cgminer and Stratum Proxy. Can you give me some noob friendly instructions? 

Thanks
Activity: 3
Hi all,  Wondering if this may be a lost cause but said I would ask before giving up hope!.. I have a Intel HD 4400 graphics card have tried a lot of different configurations with settings but it stubbornly stays at 8khs which is useless really. Thanks!
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
Is there plans to release a newer version, ie. v0.05 or higher? It would be great if there was an option to OC and change voltage. Maybe a more improved version of the GUI with 64-bit.

Does voltage control work reliably through CGMiner now?  The AMD ADL was broken for a while with it

No, I've not had it working yet.
legendary
Is there plans to release a newer version, ie. v0.05 or higher? It would be great if there was an option to OC and change voltage. Maybe a more improved version of the GUI with 64-bit.

Does voltage control work reliably through CGMiner now?  The AMD ADL was broken for a while with it
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Pages:
Jump to: