Pages:
Author

Topic: GUIMiner-scrypt: A GUIMiner fork for mining scrypt chains - page 2. (Read 993989 times)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Hi!
So Taco, any news for us about GUI Miner?

Best Regards,

LPC
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
what factors determine efficiency??? it would appear that im losing about 7/8%? is it a function of difficulty vs Thread concurrency?

im running 2 radeon R9 270s right now with a TC of 18400 and a difficulty of 19.  combined hash rate of about 750 right now according to scryptguild.

thanks!
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Ok so finally figured out what exactly happened

Avast virus scan edited/scanned/sandboxed/whatever cgminer/bitcoinminer.exe/something/othersomething/whatever can't remember the specifics.

Anyways, formatting the hard drive should fix the issue I just haven't gotten around to it.

Also would suggest adding a note in the op to not run Avast's "pre start up virus scan" since it will break gui miner.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I still use your software and if you plan o updating would even throw some donations out.  I was actually just messing with settigs on my 2 differenet cards and accidentally started the same card on both instances, my one card maintained my usual 220k hash and the secod instance was holding around 50k (and extra 50k!).  Afraid to continue running it like that, curious if anyone else has tried.  If it wont hurt I'd do it with both cards (my other cards faster =-)
My current TC value is 18400 (wouldn't) run at 2000+, and im only getting about 400kh. I cant get it to run on the presets at all. I would think running 2x270x's that I would be getting around 450-500kh each. but at least im up and running now...
Hi Taco!
Glad to hear from you!

Okey no problem, just keep them coming! Smiley

Another bug to add for the fix...
Sometimes, if you stop a miner that was runing at 20 intensity, and change it to less intensity (ex: 13, 14, 15), and then stop. And save and restart the miner again at 20 intensity, the GUIMiner will cause the driver to crash.
Even after the recovery, the miner will not recover, giving very slow performance and cannot start at full speed at any intensity setting.
Maybe there is a way to recover the miner... my "fix" is to stop everything and reboot the machine...

Best Regards,

LPC

This is a known bug and is an issue with cgminer I'm pretty sure.  I'm not sure what to do about it.  Usually if you do to "Device Manager" and disable and then re-enable the video card you can also use it again.

Hi Taco!
Thanks for info, i will do that, to see if it works...

Best Regards,

LPC
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Hi Taco!
Glad to hear from you!

Sometimes, if you stop a miner that was runing at 20 intensity, and change it to less intensity (ex: 13, 14, 15), and then stop. And save and restart the miner again at 20 intensity, the GUIMiner will cause the driver to crash.
Even after the recovery, the miner will not recover, giving very slow performance and cannot start at full speed at any intensity setting.
Maybe there is a way to recover the miner... my "fix" is to stop everything and reboot the machine...

Best Regards,

LPC

This is a known bug and is an issue with cgminer I'm pretty sure.  I'm not sure what to do about it.  Usually if you do to "Device Manager" and disable and then re-enable the video card you can also use it again.
legendary
what would be a good TC value? how would one determine an optimal TC??

for 7xxx or 2xx cards
with GPU threads = 1 it's usually ~12-13 * number_of_shaders
with GPU threads = 2 it's usually  ~4 * number_of_shaders
what would be a good TC value? how would one determine an optimal TC??
im not getting anything over here...I click start and it says starting but never goes any further.

i blanked out usernames. but I coppied my worker name directly from the site and an positive the password is right.

Any ideas?

tried changing the settings as instructed and still get nothing. Im also getting the error "unexpected command line arguments". Does it matter where I install guiminer? I currently have it on my desktop. should it be in program files? Ive had my cards running on bitminter, so I know they work. Im running out of things to try.

Thanks again or taking the time to help me!

Hi!
Try this:

- Lower the TC value
- Lower the Intensity to 18 or 19

It will start the miner... normally this error is TC too high...

LPC
im not getting anything over here...I click start and it says starting but never goes any further.

i blanked out usernames. but I coppied my worker name directly from the site and an positive the password is right.

Any ideas?

https://i.imgur.com/lROSpVf.jpg

tried changing the settings as instructed and still get nothing. Im also getting the error "unexpected command line arguments". Does it matter where I install guiminer? I currently have it on my desktop. should it be in program files? Ive had my cards running on bitminter, so I know they work. Im running out of things to try.

Thanks again or taking the time to help me!

Hi!
Any news for us Taco?

Best Regards,

LPC

Busy with lots of things.  Updates will be slow.

Hi Taco!
Glad to hear from you!

Best Regards,

LPC

legendary
I need to delete guiminer-scrypt settings due to an antivirus scan causing some sort of problem with connection. It'll open just fine but will not connect to any pool/url. Whereas it was working fine yesterday so it has to of been the scan/sandboxing mechanism. (avast ran a before startup type scan if that makes a difference)

Where does GUIMiner-scrypt save it's settings? Couldn't find it in Roaming folder so not sure where to look.

appdata/roaming/poclbm-scrypt
legendary

Hi!
Any news for us Taco?

Best Regards,

LPC

Busy with lots of things.  Updates will be slow.
This is the error

Note the problem is with cgminer not the gui portion. Where does cgminer save it's settings? Or does cgminer have a directory folder in roaming or somewhere else? Deleting that should hopefully fix the issue.

Any ideas?

Make sure the port it set correctly 3333 is the default setting.  Also check your device setting.  Sometimes your cpu will be selected by default instead of gpu.

Most importantly though the url is in the wrong format.

This is what scrypt guild gives for cg type miners

stratum+tcp://stratum.scryptguild.com

For gui miner you have to add http:// and drop stratum+tcp like so http://stratum.scryptguild.com if that doesn't work try http://scryptguild.com one of the two will work

It creates batch files in the directory of the associated mining program.

Could you explain what you just said? Like I have no idea how to comprehend tech language.

Not entirely sure how to make it more clear, but I'll give it a shot.

When you create a miner in guiminer scrypt, enter your credentials, devices, settings, extra flags etc, and then start mining, guiminer creates a .bat file in the relevant mining program's directory. This is the mechanism that directs the mining program.

Perhaps a pic will help? This is the /guiminer-scrypt/cgminer directory on a win7 x64 machine.

Ok I understand what your saying now. The .bat is not what I was looking for. Actually gui/cgminer saves it's settings in computer>local disk>users>username>appdata>roaming>poclbm and is named poclbm-scrypt

However the issue is after deleting this  it didn't fix the problem with the miner not working. Even with a fresh new install of the latest gui miner. Unfortunately I think avast really messed up my pc's ability to mine and will eventually have format the hard drive to start new.

Any ideas?

https://i.imgur.com/lROSpVf.jpg
Activity: 966
Merit: 513

Could you explain what you just said? Like I have no idea how to comprehend tech language.

Not entirely sure how to make it more clear, but I'll give it a shot.

When you create a miner in guiminer scrypt, enter your credentials, devices, settings, extra flags etc, and then start mining, guiminer creates a .bat file in the relevant mining program's directory. This is the mechanism that directs the mining program.

Perhaps a pic will help? This is the /guiminer-scrypt/cgminer directory on a win7 x64 machine.

Pages:
Jump to: