Pages:
Author

Topic: GUIMiner-scrypt: A GUIMiner fork for mining scrypt chains - page 5. (Read 993989 times)

Activity: 582
Merit: 500
What error message does it give?  If you have it set to autotune, it takes a while before it actually runs.

Try also:

Code:
"D:\Bitcoin Mining\guiminer-scrypt_win32_binaries_v0.04\cudaminer\cudaminer.exe" -o stratum+tcp://mine.xxxxxx.xxx:3333/ -O xxxxxxx.worker:xxxx -d 0 -i 1 -l auto -C 0 -m 1

It looks like cudaminer had stratum added to it recently

Thank you but I'll have to try it tomorrow. I work weird hours and my bed is yelling my name. Loudly!

I just tried it now and am receiving "json_rpc_call failed, retry after 15 seconds" as well as "HTTP request failed: Failed connect to 127.0.0.1:9332; No error"

I don't have any idea what json is and that IP number isn't in the batch file at all!???

Is there no help here? I'm afraid to run GUIMiner for fear of damaging my equipment, cudaminer doesn't work at all and I can't find anything else.
This program is about as easy as it gets.. if you  cant run this .. I'd just stick to buying litecoins and bitcoins on an exchange.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
thnx taco.
Activity: 6
What error message does it give?  If you have it set to autotune, it takes a while before it actually runs.

Try also:

Code:
"D:\Bitcoin Mining\guiminer-scrypt_win32_binaries_v0.04\cudaminer\cudaminer.exe" -o stratum+tcp://mine.xxxxxx.xxx:3333/ -O xxxxxxx.worker:xxxx -d 0 -i 1 -l auto -C 0 -m 1

Thank you but I'll have to try it tomorrow. I work weird hours and my bed is yelling my name. Loudly!

I just tried it now and am receiving "json_rpc_call failed, retry after 15 seconds" as well as "HTTP request failed: Failed connect to 127.0.0.1:9332; No error"

I don't have any idea what json is and that IP number isn't in the batch file at all!???

Is there no help here? I'm afraid to run GUIMiner for fear of damaging my equipment, cudaminer doesn't work at all and I can't find anything else.
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
Please help an absolute beginner.

I've been trying to figure out this whole mining to a pool thing going on 5 hours now, and it's driven me a bit nuts. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I've managed to get GUIMiner to heat up my laptop a bit, but I'm not seeing my worker doing any hash rate in my pool.

I have a horrible setup- a 6 year old core 2 duo laptop with HD 3650 graphics. I just want to start somewhere, ya know?
GUIMiner won't recognize my HD 3650 even though I have the latest Catalyst driver installed as well as AMD SDK v2.7. Also, I have no idea really of what to input into the blank fields such as thread concurrencies and victor vectors. Again, my pool at sexcoin.ecoining is showing 0 Khash/s for my worker.

a) the SDK is a trap!

I dont know why people still recommend to install it. It had wrekend my setup, and i m not the only one.
My "help" would be to recommend to uninstall it.

Follow this: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=11001.msg79830#msg79830

I know its painful, but it works for me (and for many others)

b) you need a pool with vardiff and a very low entry-diff

if your setup is old and the diff is to high your setup will not be able to solve the first share,
so the pool will never be able to send you something your setup can handle.

I suggest that after you have don a) you try mining litecoins at give-me-coins. just for testing.
the entry div is very low and the vardiff goes down to 16.
so your setup will be able to handle that, and you can see if everything works.
Activity: 34
Please help an absolute beginner.

I've been trying to figure out this whole mining to a pool thing going on 5 hours now, and it's driven me a bit nuts. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I've managed to get GUIMiner to heat up my laptop a bit, but I'm not seeing my worker doing any hash rate in my pool.

I have a horrible setup- a 6 year old core 2 duo laptop with HD 3650 graphics. I just want to start somewhere, ya know?

I'm trying to mine a sexcoin or two. Here's the getting started page at the pool, which shows the settings I should be using:http://sexcoin.ecoining.com/index.php?page=gettingstarted

Here's what my GUIMiner looks like: http://imgur.com/Oyo67LN

GUIMiner won't recognize my HD 3650 even though I have the latest Catalyst driver installed as well as AMD SDK v2.7. Also, I have no idea really of what to input into the blank fields such as thread concurrencies and victor vectors. Again, my pool at sexcoin.ecoining is showing 0 Khash/s for my worker.

I'm a noob looking to get into mining and buying a big rig, but it's soooo frustrating, time consuming, and headachey that I'm about to give up. Is there any hope for me?

127.0.0.1 seems to be your router. (LAN/WLAN)

Yeah, I knew that. Just how it got into the request is the mystery.
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
 127.0.0.1 seems to be your router. (LAN/WLAN)

Try also:

Code:

Try also:

Code:

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I love this it makes my life so easy but how can i set up a backup pool or failover if the first pool goes down and how can i setup automatic startup on pool failure?

Is this possible?

Thanks Loz

add a second pool with "-o stratum+tcp://yourpool.com:3333 -u user -p pass" in extra flags

Thank you so much perfect...
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

Try also:

Code:

I so want to love this program, but I'm having difficulties.

Every time I stop mining my video card driver throws an error: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

My video card is a NVidia GTX470, 1280MB, GDDR5 memory. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit with 6GB memory. This morning it totally freaked me out by locking up my whole system so I had to shut down and IPL. The temperature of the video card was a steady 75 C.

Anyone have a cure for this behavior?

I know it isn't a fast setup and probably never will be, but I need some help also with settings. I have a quad core cpu but this program seems to only use just one core. I already use MSI Afterburner to monitor the temperatures but I'm afraid to make any changes other than to bump up the fan speed.

yes

use the .bat files generated in /cudaminer/ and close them when required with q or ctrl-c

I'm not getting any .bat files generated. Now what? I found one .bat file but it didn't work.

"D:\Bitcoin Mining\guiminer-scrypt_win32_binaries_v0.04\cudaminer\cudaminer.exe" -o http://mine.xxxxxx.xxx:3333/ -O xxxxxxx.worker:xxxx -d 0 -i 1 -l auto -C 0 -m 1

I've replaced personal info with x's.
legendary
I love this it makes my life so easy but how can i set up a backup pool or failover if the first pool goes down and how can i setup automatic startup on pool failure?

Is this possible?

Thanks Loz

add a second pool with "-o stratum+tcp://yourpool.com:3333 -u user -p pass" in extra flags
Activity: 196

Is this possible?

Thanks Loz
legendary

Every time I stop mining my video card driver throws an error: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

My video card is a NVidia GTX470, 1280MB, GDDR5 memory. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit with 6GB memory. This morning it totally freaked me out by locking up my whole system so I had to shut down and IPL. The temperature of the video card was a steady 75 C.

I know it isn't a fast setup and probably never will be, but I need some help also with settings. I have a quad core cpu but this program seems to only use just one core. I already use MSI Afterburner to monitor the temperatures but I'm afraid to make any changes other than to bump up the fan speed.

yes

use the .bat files generated in /cudaminer/ and close them when required with q or ctrl-c

Activity: 15
Appreciate your work on this program.  Lets me run my video cards for LTC while using integrated graphics for the monitor (could not figure out how to get cgminer alone to do this).  Sent you 0.05 btc, thanks!!!
Activity: 129
I wish I had time to add more features, however MC2 (which I work on voluntarily, for free) and my graduate program takes up most of my time right now.

The github repo is available in the first post if anyone wants to fork it and play with it.  However, the code is messy and it'll probably be difficult to work with.

As GPU scrypt mining will also be obsolete in about 3-6 months because of ASICs, I also don't have a huge incentive to update the program.

Thanks for the recent tips everyone.  I appreciate them.

Hi Taco!
Thanks for replying me...
I understand your lack of time, but don´t be so sure ASIC will take GPU mning by storm on the scrypt field...
Even if the chinese Asic chips from gridseed come our way, they are far low performing to be a real pack...

Maybe when gen 2 or 3 from Asic comes, we will see the downfall of the gpu mining...

Please dont give up on this program... These features might be somewhat easy to integrate (i don´t really know im no programmer)...

Me and more ppl will reward you if you add these features!

With my best Regards,

LPC

legendary
I wish I had time to add more features, however MC2 (which I work on voluntarily, for free) and my graduate program takes up most of my time right now.

The github repo is available in the first post if anyone wants to fork it and play with it.  However, the code is messy and it'll probably be difficult to work with.

As GPU scrypt mining will also be obsolete in about 3-6 months because of ASICs, I also don't have a huge incentive to update the program.

Thanks for the recent tips everyone.  I appreciate them.
Activity: 129
Hi Taco...

Any news on a new version?

I like GUIminer a lot, but some lacking features will make me move to CgWatcher soon...

Features like...

- Time delayed after app starts to run the miners (for 10 or more seconds for exemple)
- Auto-Retry on connection errors
- Programable reboot windows timer
- Auto-Restart miners after drop on hash power
- Auto-Restart miners on timer
- Missing field for secondary pool if main fail or vice versa

I hope this can be integrated on the program, they are all important features...

Best Regards,

LPC
Pages:
Jump to: