Pages:
Author

Topic: GUIMiner-scrypt: A GUIMiner fork for mining scrypt chains - page 3. (Read 993989 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 513
It creates batch files in the directory of the associated mining program.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
I need to delete guiminer-scrypt settings due to an antivirus scan causing some sort of problem with connection. It'll open just fine but will not connect to any pool/url. Whereas it was working fine yesterday so it has to of been the scan/sandboxing mechanism. (avast ran a before startup type scan if that makes a difference)

Where does GUIMiner-scrypt save it's settings? Couldn't find it in Roaming folder so not sure where to look.
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
can you place the installation files to somewhere else with a better speed?
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Hi!
There are some bugs to iron out Taco:

a) Sometimes the app don´t restore... Simply stays hidden on the taskbar, even by forcing it not appears, closing and opening the app, seems to "fix" the problem, but sometimes it happens again
b) There should be a warning to confirm the removal of the miner just after we wrongly press the "X" inside the app. Another solution is to hidden the X inside the context option when we do Right Click to rename ou duplicate.
c) The console is allways being updated and we cant seem to pull the log up, because it allways refresh down...

There could be more bugs, but these are the most obvious...
For the features to add please consider those:

a) Auto-Restart the miners by the following options:
1) defined hash power (or drop on hash power), defined time, defined periods of time (Auto-Restart miners on timer).

b) Auto-Restart + Auto-Run the Windows + App, defined by: hour, or period of time (exemple, Programable reboot windows timer - restarting the system 2x per day and auto-restart the app win entering windows).

c) Better information on the sumary box (some graph or somekind of information of the speed of various miners).

d) Maybe a connection with some stats for the more famous multipools (WafflePool, Clevermining, MiddleCoin)

e) the same with the BTC currency exchanges (BitStamp, BTC-E, etc..)

f) Better identification of the cards (if possíble by brand of model identification)

g) there are some profiles lacking in the AMD range (don´t have NVIDIA, so i don´t know that one).

h) Extra field for a second backup pool if the main one falls, and auto-change to main pool if the same is back online (that can allready be done in the flags camp, but i belive that a extra field would be much more intuitive and easyer).

i) Time delayed after app starts to run the miners (for 10 or more seconds for example)

j) Auto-Retry on connection errors (defined value Check in X Seconds and Check X times before move to second pool)

There are some more features that would be great on GUI Miner, but these are the most needed ones...
Thanks for your time and efford! Smiley

Best Regards,

LPC

Hi!
Any news for us Taco?

Best Regards,

LPC
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Could you help me how to use "-s" flag? I always get "0.01" is not a number, when I try: "-s 0.01".
Activity: 8
Anyknow what the perfect settings would be for a 7700 series? 
Hi!
There are some bugs to iron out Taco:

a) Sometimes the app don´t restore... Simply stays hidden on the taskbar, even by forcing it not appears, closing and opening the app, seems to "fix" the problem, but sometimes it happens again
b) There should be a warning to confirm the removal of the miner just after we wrongly press the "X" inside the app. Another solution is to hidden the X inside the context option when we do Right Click to rename ou duplicate.
c) The console is allways being updated and we cant seem to pull the log up, because it allways refresh down...

There could be more bugs, but these are the most obvious...
For the features to add please consider those:

a) Auto-Restart the miners by the following options:
1) defined hash power (or drop on hash power), defined time, defined periods of time (Auto-Restart miners on timer).

b) Auto-Restart + Auto-Run the Windows + App, defined by: hour, or period of time (exemple, Programable reboot windows timer - restarting the system 2x per day and auto-restart the app win entering windows).

c) Better information on the sumary box (some graph or somekind of information of the speed of various miners).

d) Maybe a connection with some stats for the more famous multipools (WafflePool, Clevermining, MiddleCoin)

e) the same with the BTC currency exchanges (BitStamp, BTC-E, etc..)

f) Better identification of the cards (if possíble by brand of model identification)

g) there are some profiles lacking in the AMD range (don´t have NVIDIA, so i don´t know that one).

h) Extra field for a second backup pool if the main one falls, and auto-change to main pool if the same is back online (that can allready be done in the flags camp, but i belive that a extra field would be much more intuitive and easyer).

i) Time delayed after app starts to run the miners (for 10 or more seconds for example)

j) Auto-Retry on connection errors (defined value Check in X Seconds and Check X times before move to second pool)

There are some more features that would be great on GUI Miner, but these are the most needed ones...
Thanks for your time and efford! Smiley

Best Regards,

LPC

Activity: 1
Hi,

I've found some issues with handling cudaminer in GUIminer v0.05, and wasn't sure where to post them, so here it comes:
  • missing support for hash-parallel,
  • extra flags are being ignored

BTW it's a great app, thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Sent 50 VTC
Thank for supporting Vertcoin

Thanks!
Activity: 168
Sent 50 VTC
Thank for supporting Vertcoin
update for quick vertminer support

there may be a few updates in the future as now i need money Tongue

Hi TACO!
Good to hear about that!!!

We all need money!!! Smiley  And your software might help us!! Smiley
Please add some new features that i talked earlier...

Best Regards,

LPC
legendary
update for quick vertminer support

there may be a few updates in the future as now i need money Tongue
Activity: 196
What's with all the positive hits from virus detection?

Did you actually read what they are saying? Because they categorize it as a bitcoin miner not as a virus.
Some people wrote botnet viruses to mine bitcoins for them
Hi Taco!

What would you need to restart the development of the GUI Miner?

Im in a position of paying to you some good Crypto cash if you are willing to add some features to your frontend software and fix some bugs!

Please say something, and please don´t let this software die! Smiley

With my best Regards,

LPC
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Hoping to see another sunrise from home!
Any suggestions on other GUI miners? If cgminer is not going further what is a good base miner? All the miner names sound alim to me grrr

Thanks!
I don't have time to continue developing this -- sorry!  CGWatcher may be a better interface if you are having problems with cgminer crashing and needing to be rebooted.

Hi Taco...
Its very unfortunate that this program will stay like it is... Sad

Some ppl like myself is using it on my miners...
But if development is really finished, guess i must try to get some alternatives then Sad

It really final your decision?

best regards,

LPC
legendary
legendary
What's with all the positive hits from virus detection?

cgminer causes this
legendary
I don't have time to continue developing this -- sorry!  CGWatcher may be a better interface if you are having problems with cgminer crashing and needing to be rebooted.
Hey Taco...

Sometime without any new information...

Did you have given up on this GUI Miner - Scrypt Edition?
I have a mini-farm and i use your software + logmein instead of CGWatcher and Remote...

But the lack of news, features needed and support, are making me thinking in changing to something else...

Can you please say something about this aplication?

Best Regards,

LPC
Pages:
Jump to: