Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market - page 6. (Read 4472 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 100
December 05, 2018, 02:16:53 PM
  I was involved in many areas of cryptocurrency and not been hacked, nor attempted to. You just need to follow simple security rules and all.

This is really the right opinion and the rules must be observed not only in cryptocurrencies, these rules today must be in your life, because life is full of opportunities for deception and you must be prepared for this.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
December 05, 2018, 06:19:54 AM
I have never being hacked, but I have lost my private key and lost the recovery phrase. It was pretty sad but I have learned the lesson and now I am holding all my data pretty safe stored offline. Do not make such dumm mistakes as I did.
Activity: 448
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
December 05, 2018, 02:20:53 AM
Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

It’s probably difficult to avoid, you can only protect yourself by holding a small amount of coins in different wallets. But so far this is not the main problem and it is not so lowered the market.
Activity: 364
December 05, 2018, 02:19:28 AM
The cryptomarket is not dying from hackers, but because people are convinced that bitcoin is an unsecured bubble that cannot cost several thousand dollars. I think that the cryptocurrency will go down in history as the biggest scam of the beginning of the 21st century.
Activity: 388
December 05, 2018, 02:09:19 AM
Hacking is not the biggest obstacle to the cryptocurrency market. Although the cryptocurrency market is a sacred place for hackers, cryptocurrencies are not afraid of hackers. The real problem facing cryptocurrencies is the large-scale popularity of applications. This is the most difficult, and cashless may be the first project to be implemented.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 555
dont be greedy
December 05, 2018, 12:05:36 AM
what I hate the most is, when my wallet has known the private key, I myself don't know where and through what so they can find out my private key
this is something that I really hate, even if it happens only once. if only the security system on the internet could not be broken, maybe I could live quietly without having to care about the existence of this hacker
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
December 04, 2018, 11:53:21 PM
Until now I have not experienced hacking and this has made me very lucky. But I am also always vigilant about hacking because it will cause me harm. The thing I can do is prevent it by what we all do to be careful. It's better to keep assets in several wallets.
Activity: 439
Merit: 1
December 04, 2018, 11:24:30 PM
I think people use ransom in change for crypto will likely improve crypto. One of cnbc talk show host predicted it would be helpful . Hacking the exchanges and block chain is a different story. That will kill crypto in general .
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
December 04, 2018, 11:11:17 PM
Three simple formulas to avoid getting scammmed/hacked.

1. Don't put your funds on exchanges.
2. Don't share your private key/seed words with anyone.
3. Don't trust PMs you receive in telegram/slack/discord.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
December 04, 2018, 11:07:47 PM
  I was involved in many areas of cryptocurrency and not been hacked, nor attempted to. You just need to follow simple security rules and all.

Were on the same boat mate as i dont also experienced to get hacked maybe because we are only a small time hodler ? Hackers wont ever get interested to our balances because its not really worth it all if they will try to attemtp stealling our accounts/wallets  .

Yet   ,  crypto wont ever be killed by hackers because even though many exchange and business man have been hack,  they will still continue to invest and buy cryptos because they know that hacking is only normal and have been a part of our lives .
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
December 04, 2018, 11:02:10 PM
Yes you’re right. I think its one of the main reasons also as to why cryptocurency is still not fully accepted worldwide that there are still countries banning it. But since we are in a modern times already all I can suggest is that cryptocurrency should be taught to any schools so that people who are new to crypto are not new to it at least. Since mostly the ones being hacked are those still ignorant to crypto itself or even some of the experienced also sometimes. Well I myself is just a mere a 2nd yr of BSME and didn’t finished my degree but now proudly experienced enough in crypto field. IMO, its individual’s careless decision on visiting site to what exchanges he gone through and not being careful enough to take good care of he’s or her private key.
Activity: 140
December 04, 2018, 08:11:25 PM
Activity: 392
Merit: 2
December 04, 2018, 07:40:46 PM
I do not think that hackers kill the market as many exchanges are refunding their customers if they were hacked.
On personal level we have to do all the needed protection measures not to fall in the trap of a hacker and it is
our own responsibility.
Activity: 672
December 04, 2018, 10:51:10 AM
yes, you are really hacking, many will try to destroy crypto markets by stealing funds stored in crypto market users so that you should be careful when storing cryptocurrency in exchange.
Do you mean that there are some other ways of hacking? I think that there are such opportunities at the level of social engineering because many people do not pay attention to some actions that they do.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 651
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
December 04, 2018, 10:48:35 AM
I am always extremely skeptical about hacking messages from users. In 90% of cases, the user himself is to blame for the fact that he was able to hack. There are a lot of options like this: from installing non-licensed software to switching to phishing sites that easily steal your data. Your vigilance is a pledge of your protection against hacking.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
December 04, 2018, 08:49:20 AM
I've told long ago, that hacking kills market, moreover it's causing FUD and used by whales to manipulate the market,
maybe decentrilized exchanges will help industry.
Activity: 268
December 04, 2018, 08:37:41 AM
For some reason it seems to me that lately everything depends on how we perceive cryptocurrencies. And since we perceive them in a negative way, investors rather than hackers are to blame for the fall
Activity: 476
December 04, 2018, 04:05:13 AM
yes, you are really hacking, many will try to destroy crypto markets by stealing funds stored in crypto market users so that you should be careful when storing cryptocurrency in exchange.
Activity: 636
Merit: 11
December 04, 2018, 12:45:38 AM
This is a very serious problem, hacking has resulted in people experiencing heavy losses. Lots of hacking occur and their money is non-refundable. All we can do is prevent hacking from happening. It's better to keep your assets in a hardware wallet and you also need to be able to save the password for the password correctly.
we have to able to make our accounts and wallets be secure.each methode has own disadvantages such as hardware wallet.when it gone we could not access our asset.each day hackers develotp their skill to attack our wallet and exchanges account.
Activity: 574
December 04, 2018, 12:39:58 AM
This is a very serious problem, hacking has resulted in people experiencing heavy losses. Lots of hacking occur and their money is non-refundable. All we can do is prevent hacking from happening. It's better to keep your assets in a hardware wallet and you also need to be able to save the password for the password correctly.
Pages:
Jump to: