Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market - page 2. (Read 4472 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 109
December 27, 2018, 03:33:40 PM
Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

I was hacked on etherdelta,  cheaters changed dns on the server side, and people who even have a correct etherdelta adress in bookmarks were sent to a wrong site and cheaters got private keys from ETH wallets and stole funds of users
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
December 27, 2018, 03:02:57 PM
Actually in the Dark web the hacking really starts which used to invade the system of cryptocurrency and that is very alarming since many investors or people will be affected from that
Activity: 384
Merit: 12
Student Coin
December 27, 2018, 02:26:39 PM
This issue is totally true but I doubt that most of such claim is truly reliable. In crypto space nowadays the scammers are becoming more wiser to gain a positive outcome for their greediness. So i think this makes more worst the situation why others aren't convince to believe.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 259
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
December 27, 2018, 02:25:19 PM
hacking is indeed very inhibiting and frightening because the impact can be very dangerous, for example is hacking a wallet, our coins can be lost by being transferred to another wallet or used to pay for something. there are even some cases of falling coin prices because hacking, for example, is a case experienced by Zaif exchange
therefore we must maintain our wallet as much as possible because the risk cannot be removed but can only be reduced by ourselves
fortunately until now I have never experienced anything like that and hopefully I will never experience it
Activity: 602
December 27, 2018, 02:12:19 PM
I was hacked and more than once! I lost most of the worth of coins as well as ETH, in total I lost about $ 10k and that is not counting the losses in the fall of the market!
Each time I am more and more amazed at what is happening here at all, where do you have such money from, do they really happen? It seems to me that it is impossible to get such big money here.
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
December 27, 2018, 12:56:16 PM
And why hacks occur? Because it is possible. The crypto market provides ample opportunities for hacking ranging from ordinary users to exchanges and owners of smart contracts. Improving security is the key to success in the fight against hackers.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
December 27, 2018, 12:16:31 PM
1- Ever been hacked?

while working in the world of cryptocurrency, my balance has never been hacked, yes there may have been a loss of balance but it was because of my own carelessness. And i think there's no such policy from exchange that they would be able to cover our lost hacked coins. People get enter to those exchange with their own risk.
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
December 27, 2018, 07:09:23 AM
Maybe am kind of lucky when it comes to experiencing hack on my exchange medium or even outside it. I have never experienced hack in my life. It is even cool now because most exchanges now insured their platform in preparation of any uncertainty that might come.
copper member
Activity: 126
December 27, 2018, 06:30:52 AM
I have experienced something like this before especially when I don't read through the terms and conditions of an exchange before depositing into it. There are many exchanges out there that won't indicate directly that you must do KYC before withdrawal.
Activity: 117
December 27, 2018, 06:26:56 AM
1- Ever been hacked?

Hopefully, I wasn't hacked by anybody. Anyway, hacking... this is the existing problem in the crypto world, and it remains till now because in some kind of sense it is really difficult to do something with it. the only thing that we should do to protect ourselves is to be always alert and careful, check all actions.
Activity: 456
Merit: 15
December 27, 2018, 06:19:19 AM
Hackers can only steal user data, they can't attack the blockchain, but in the future, the blackmail virus may become a lot more, because such viruses are easy to spread, and this will make hackers get a lot of profits. But hackers can't stop the rise of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 512
December 26, 2018, 07:27:39 PM

You cannot protect yourself of  being hacked if it happens on  the exchanges. The only thing you can do is to hold there only the funds you are trading with and using exchanges which are refunding their customers in such situations.
Activity: 328
December 26, 2018, 12:21:12 PM
My answer to all three questions :
1. I've never been hacked
2. My coin at exchange seems to have never been hacked and my coin remains safe
3. I've never been there. But about the pay back it's up to who's fault.
The Tips of me is activate some security option provided by the exchange, Make sure you access the correct exchange website ( not a phising website), Make sure your device has always avoided the virus from being attacked by hackers.
Activity: 560
Merit: 109
December 26, 2018, 12:11:24 PM
I was hacked and more than once! I lost most of the worth of coins as well as ETH, in total I lost about $ 10k and that is not counting the losses in the fall of the market!
copper member
Activity: 995
Merit: 1
December 26, 2018, 12:06:11 PM
1- Ever been hacked?

Well, for starters, it is worth having another wallet where you will keep your coins. Use secure keys. If you are a hunter, you should not keep it all in one wallet. Ensure the security of the router and the operating sister. Of course it is better to have a separate computer to work with wallets.
December 26, 2018, 11:59:17 AM
Hacker attacks seriously undermine the credibility of cryptocurrencies. Personally I lost a few thousand dollars in cryptocurrency during last two years because of some technical failures that were probably just hacker attacks on my accounts.
This is really bad news. Have you analyzed your actions? Maybe it is all about this? Because today there are so many situations when hackers specifically look out for people who are irresponsible about security.
Activity: 518
December 25, 2018, 02:42:52 PM
Hacker attacks seriously undermine the credibility of cryptocurrencies. Personally I lost a few thousand dollars in cryptocurrency during last two years because of some technical failures that were probably just hacker attacks on my accounts.
December 25, 2018, 01:27:08 PM
I`m glad that i have never been hacked. I believe it is thanks to my security management and caution. However, nothing can insure us from being scamed by exchange
Thanks only to attentiveness, we can say that many people do not fall into the hands of hackers, so I think that the best thing would probably be to not work with cryptocurrencies to those people who do not understand the meaning of the word attentiveness.
Activity: 532
Merit: 151
December 25, 2018, 11:07:50 AM
I am worried about getting news of a hacking event,  at the very time is on the way I hope we don't get news like that.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 104
December 24, 2018, 12:02:15 PM
I`m glad that i have never been hacked. I believe it is thanks to my security management and caution. However, nothing can insure us from being scamed by exchange
First of all, you need to keep your data and keys from the wallet away from the network so that your device does not have an Internet connection. For work use completely different computers, and not those that you use for more valuable information.
Pages:
Jump to: