Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market - page 22. (Read 4472 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 103
October 16, 2018, 03:16:56 AM
Hacking is a part of the each system so it is not so surprising. What is more significant that scam is usual to find it here and it is spreadin for so good way.
Of course and if to make search about hacking in traditional banking system it could be a revelation how often this happened
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
October 16, 2018, 03:06:35 AM
hackers have become the thing that often happens in crypto. This is indeed quite disturbing and many make people leave because of fear. But if it is not countered certainly promising fields such as Crypto will be futile. none would want to replace for the loss that occurred including any Exchange and might make a lot of people frustrated.
Activity: 308
Merit: 49
October 16, 2018, 02:49:09 AM
I am very grateful that until now I have never been hacked, always be careful when I look suspicious. You can use 2FA for additional security when logging in to the exchange
Activity: 409
Merit: 10
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
October 16, 2018, 01:38:45 AM
Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

I have lost all Altcoins in Myetherwallet wallet when I clicked the link to claim airdrop token and accidentally put my private key to sign in the fake wallet. Since then, I never do this again and not put my private key anywhere else in internet
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
October 16, 2018, 01:24:58 AM
1- Ever been hacked?

I've never been in those condition, and also id don't want to experience those bad news.
In order to do that, i've alway trying to be really careful when ever i'm trying to sell or purchase any coins.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
October 16, 2018, 12:01:22 AM
hacking is really a problem in the crypto world, but i do not thing that is kills the crypto market. hacking will never be completely prevented, you can only make it less.
Activity: 900
Merit: 500
October 15, 2018, 09:00:46 PM
Activities like this are not entirely wrong if done for the intended purpose, but most of what happens instead leads to negative things, I hope activities like this do not have a large scale, so that no one will be harmed, and I also hope that activities like this should be used as an effort to advance the world of education in good internet activities
Activity: 714
Merit: 14
October 15, 2018, 08:38:43 PM
Of course, hackers kill the market because they contribute to the fall in market price whenever one big exchange site is hacked. Users of crypto must not used exchange wallets are permanent storage of coins because the exchanges are always under attack and system upgrade which might lead to lose of tokens.
Activity: 364
October 15, 2018, 08:34:54 PM
1- Ever been hacked?

I've been a victim of a phishing site before and it is really frustrating to be one but i blamed myself for not being careful about it. In opening a websites make sure that you will never put your private key and passwords if they required it.
Activity: 124
The World’s First Blockchain Core
October 15, 2018, 07:59:03 PM
I didint have hacked before. But i am agree about your words. Hacking kills the market. People want to invest safely. But they are afraiding about hacking issues. People afraiding about exchanges.
But now i really want to say thank you to binance. because cz have very good communication with community and people feel safe while sending and holding tokens on binance.
Activity: 490
Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI
October 15, 2018, 01:31:19 PM
In general, this seems to be true, because many people just lose money, but there is a very good idea that will hinder you in the future. Do you think maybe all this hacking news is really just not true?
Activity: 319
October 14, 2018, 12:33:38 PM
Some anonymous hackers always attacking good cryptocurrency markets but lot's of them getting failed to hacked it Because the security of every sites for exchanges.
Activity: 173
“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”
October 10, 2018, 11:43:06 AM
Hacking is a part of the each system so it is not so surprising. What is more significant that scam is usual to find it here and it is spreadin for so good way.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
October 10, 2018, 02:50:15 AM
hackers are merely a small part of the risk in crypto and this will not be able to kill crypto. even though it is indeed quite disturbing and disturbed many who would be this. but for being safe and not enough data in storing the secret private key as I think it will remain secure. There is no Exchange or legal entities that want to replace for the loss incurred and of course because it's the most important thing is going to be cautious.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
October 09, 2018, 03:17:08 PM
Hackers is indeed a very big problem for the cryptocurrency market. After all, the very belief of people in the safe use of cryptocurrency is undermined. However, not only the exchangers, but also the wallets of the owners of cryptocurrency are cracked. I myself have had several cases of tokens being stolen from my wallets through password cracking in my email. Therefore, I believe that for ordinary citizens who do not know how to increase the security of storing their cryptocurrency, this will be very unsafe. After all, hackers have felt easy money and their number will become more and more.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
October 09, 2018, 02:58:22 PM
I were holding funds on several exchanges which were hacked. Fortunately, my funds were not affected with the hack. I hold on exchanges only the coins for trading and the rest I am storing on  a hard wallet. Lesson learned.
It is probably a good idea to never leave any money in an exchange for longer than necessary, I know that you are going to lose some money on fees if you do that, but paying some additional dollars to protect your money seems like a good deal to me, I say this because a lot of people use the wallet they have in an exchange as their main wallet and they have lost all their money when there was a hack, they could have saved themselves millions of dollars by just paying a few dollars in each transaction.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
October 09, 2018, 05:29:34 AM
Fortunately I have never been hacked and never lose your coins on the exchange. But I've heard so many stories about it. Break-ins are very much afraid investors, very sorry to lose his million dollars, so big investors don't come on the market and waiting for the cryptocurrency will be safer.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 618
October 09, 2018, 05:26:31 AM
Stop using a layman term like hacking to describe all the issues.
It is called phishing and that is the only way a person can lose access to password and wallet's private keys.
It doesn't happen unless you're yourself careless and click on those links which look suspicious
Activity: 191
Merit: 32
October 09, 2018, 05:22:42 AM
I have no experience but I knew someone whose account was hacked. He shared his important keys to someone, his wallet and other relevant information. He trusted to that person and then one day. He can't just open his wallet again. The day after again, he recovered his account and checked it but he was just disappointed to see his balance turned to 0. Trust nobody here in the cryptoworld. You can be a nice person but be secured too when it comes to those things which needs a privacy.
Activity: 532
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
October 09, 2018, 04:58:15 AM
1- Ever been hacked?

My first wallet when I was a newbie was hacked, as I went to click a link sent to my mail,  to access the wallet, all my 6month of investment was wipped off, you are your own security in the cryptocurrency space.
Tips on how to avoid been hacked
1. Avoid having your token on an exchange for a long period of time.
2. Do not access your wallet through a link sent to your mail.
3. Use the 2fa Authentication to access your wallet and every available means of security provided by an exchange or wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: