Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market - page 24. (Read 4472 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 255
October 01, 2018, 02:28:24 PM
Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

I have never been hacked and I think that the main reason why that has never happened to me is because as soon as I knew that I will use cryptocurrencies I installed Linux as my operative system and I have stopped using Windows since then, you cannot store your coins in an operative system that has so many backdoors because sooner or later you're going to lose your money and that is something I do not want to go through.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
October 01, 2018, 02:28:06 PM
1- Ever been hacked?

one of my firends hitbtc account was hacked and hacker stole the 900$ by the trading. he dumped his coins to my firend and then purchased back the coins in cheap the specific coin. he use the bots to steal the money rather than tranfering the btc to an address.  CEX are more exposed to the hacker than the DEX. in the near future DEX will be more commonly used exchanges than the CEX
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
October 01, 2018, 02:10:56 PM
People getting hacked and losing their coins is honestly one of the major problems that we face as a community when it comes to cryptos. Which is why it is important for us to always make sure that our coins are very well secured when we are holding them. Always use all available security measures that are put in place to make sure that your wallet is safe
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
September 27, 2018, 05:59:21 PM
I did not come across scammers, but my friends lost a lot of money because of them, you need to be very careful and cautious in the world of cryptocurrency
Activity: 627
Merit: 103
September 27, 2018, 05:30:30 PM
I Agree with you that Hacking is the big obstacles for the cryptocurrency. For several hacking crypto markets can't start the bull market. 2 Days ago, ETH went to the 242 USD, But after Japanese exchange hacked and 59 Million USD stolen. After then crypto market dumped again and ETH went to 212 USD again. I have faced one exchange hacking incident and that was bancor, Bancor exchange was hacked and stolen 23 Million USD  a few months ago, but my funds were safe and everyone's funds were safe there.
Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
September 27, 2018, 05:07:54 PM
Don't use centralized exchanges if you don't want them to get hacked and lose your coins. If you must use them maybe use the established ones and those that will refund you if they get hacked.

Learn to use DEX.
Have you ever heard people losing coins on decentralized exchanges?  I think there are few stories on it but still, not sure how credible the stories are or maybe they aren't true Decentralized Exchange. True DEX does not supposed to hold funds for users, I guess.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
September 27, 2018, 03:41:38 PM
I'm lucky I've never been deceived in the last year. Thanks to the attention and discretion, I have many times noticed the machinations of scammers.  The most important thing you need to carefully read what you click. And I please ask you less likely to open their wallets. Be careful .
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
September 27, 2018, 03:41:02 PM
Fortunately i haven't been hacked yet or had my funds stolen from an exchange that has been hacked. However, i have been scammed by participating in fraudulent bounties where they project team walks away. Now i am more careful about which project i should support
Activity: 194
Merit: 2
September 27, 2018, 03:26:51 PM
i have never been hacked. *touchwood
i am very careful with the token storing part.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 106
September 27, 2018, 03:20:38 PM
I didn't get lucky. My wallet was hacked.  I was find these guys, they're here on the BTT.
They don't stop and continue to take out from the wallet all the coins that still come  from the bounty's work. And it's sad.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
September 27, 2018, 02:46:26 PM
I have not yet been hacked, but I also think that fraud and hackers are one of the most important threats to cryptocurrencies. Forum literally filled with messages about hacking, this happens too often.
Activity: 233
Merit: 0
September 27, 2018, 01:26:36 PM
Uptil now, I have not faced such situation and hope that I will not face any. But I have heard a lot about this from many people and they never get their coins back.
Activity: 684
September 27, 2018, 01:16:04 PM
When scammers quickly sell what they stole, it hits all over the crypto world. I lost my tokens in CoinsMarkets crypto exchange, they didn't give anything back.
Activity: 308
Merit: 4
September 27, 2018, 01:12:45 PM
Because our crypto wallet is our responsibility, we need to be more careful, Hackers and scammer are around waiting for getting our hard earned money. I try to put my main crypto money into a hardware wallet which is more secure. For the rest of them I have several addresses for hawing low risk. I try to not keep my crypto into an exchange for a long term. I am happy I did not lost anything by hacking, but ı am still wondering what i can do if i get hacked.  
Activity: 546
Merit: 12
September 27, 2018, 01:11:43 PM
Well, the fact that this is a new venture and it's on the digital world, we're highly liable to numerous hack attacks. Ideally, the occurrence of hacks keep on reducing gradually and that means we're legitimately and gradually gaining control and power over our property. The same thing happened to the stock markets when it was growing up and so i think this is no new news. In view of that, we need to be very careful of how we secure our coins and various investment websites or accounts.
Activity: 62
Merit: 1
September 27, 2018, 01:08:45 PM

I did not encounter burglary, but I made mistakes, namely, I sent the coins to the wrong addresses of other coins, thereby losing them all.
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
September 27, 2018, 01:07:24 PM
1- Ever been hacked?

I would agree to that. The fear of getting hack is one of the reasons that drives people away from investing in crypto. That's why platforms should step up and improve their security.
Activity: 156
September 27, 2018, 12:55:59 PM
I was lucky because exchanges of which I use during their use were not cracked. But I do not exclude such succession of events. And on it I advise to choose more nadezhdy exchanges which watch safety for trade.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
September 27, 2018, 12:53:24 PM
1- Ever been hacked?

I agree with your opinion that hacking prevents large investors from entering the market. Unfortunately, no one is insured against hacking, but it would be nice to develop a mechanism for insurance of crypto-currency investments and funds stored on stock exchanges. Answering your question, I will answer that my wallets were not hacked, because I initially apply maximum precautions.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
September 27, 2018, 10:24:07 AM
When the marketing foundation is strictly monitored and maintained, hacking would be nothing. That why appointing a marketing agency for an ICO would greatly help, these experts on the field could avoid such hacking or scamming issues on the ICO social networks. If you are looking for the best one, try Crowdcreate (www.crowdcreate.us) they offer a free consultation at first on how you can venture your ICO journey.
Pages:
Jump to: