Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market - page 23. (Read 4472 times)

copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 3
Be smart, join: https://t.me/cryptofinance24
October 09, 2018, 04:43:07 AM
I think the best advice here would be not to hold all your crypto on exchanges. They are most vulnerable there. Keep only as much as you need for trading there, and rest in your secure wallets.
Activity: 346
Merit: 100
BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform
October 09, 2018, 04:34:03 AM
Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

I could say I have never been hacked yet, but was scammed by the exchange itself. There was this certain exchange that was starting to be known for its scamming, I deposited some eth but it was not received in my wallet in that exchange. I contacted support but they never replied.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
October 09, 2018, 04:31:39 AM
Since I don't trade often, I have never encountered an attack by a hacker, but I can often see such things in some news, I am scared!
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
October 09, 2018, 04:29:31 AM
You are totally right. Luckily I wasn't hacked, but such actions are killing the whole industry. When investors and newbies hear about another hacker attack, they are losing their interest to join the crypto market. We need more safety.
and maybe because of the many news like that, and finally made many investors become the investors to invest in crypto, because there are too many hackers in the crypto world
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
October 09, 2018, 02:46:19 AM
You are totally right. Luckily I wasn't hacked, but such actions are killing the whole industry. When investors and newbies hear about another hacker attack, they are losing their interest to join the crypto market. We need more safety.
Common mindset from people who doesn't find time to investigate deeper, though it's really affecting the market as interest coming from possible investors are being questioned, those hacking event brings negative implications to this market, there's a need of more improvement coming from
the security options in order to lessen same thing to happen in the future.
Activity: 252
October 09, 2018, 02:41:45 AM
People do not want to enter the crypto market because of hacking. Hacking is one of the reasons, because the investors do not come into the market right now. Stay safe guys and keep believing in crypto!
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
October 09, 2018, 02:37:38 AM
During could secure the wallet quite well I think is not a problem and need not be afraid of hackers. that often happens is precisely the owners own wallet carelessly place their privet key into the form or save it in online and is prone to compromise. hackers will have thousands of ways to be able to take what's in our wallets and certainly, any Exchange would not know anything about nor care about it.
Activity: 392
October 09, 2018, 02:30:59 AM
Yeah I was hacked in an airdrop that I participated. We were asked to us my metherwallet to sign a message as kyc to get out token all our wallets was hacked
Activity: 560
October 09, 2018, 02:28:09 AM
1- Ever been hacked?

I have never experienced hacking because I always prioritize security from all virus attacks such as phishing and torjan. This is quite effective if you install security, because hacking is usually a random target. different from the stock hacking, such as the ethdelta case which was allegedly via the network on the PC device and Google DNS. difficult to explain in detail, but the point is self-security
Activity: 311
October 09, 2018, 02:21:35 AM
Activity: 560
October 09, 2018, 02:17:44 AM
1- Ever been hacked?

there will always be a big effect if there is hacking on exchange, but it is different from individual action. it will not make the cryptocurrency market turbulent. however, most cases of hacking occur due to the user's negligence
Activity: 616
October 08, 2018, 09:33:55 AM
It does damage on the market because people panic when someone like hacks into their accounts which of course if a beginner heard that news his mindset will be to sell it because that's what most of the people is doing but having like a ledger which makes your coins much more safe is crucial when holding thousands worth of coins.
Activity: 574
Merit: 15
October 08, 2018, 06:30:41 AM
Once I lost money because of my own stupidity. I visited the Etherdelta website, but my antivirus denied access to it and then I added it to the list of exceptions, and I regretted about it later. In the end, I got on a phishing site and lost all my money.
Activity: 994
Merit: 117
October 08, 2018, 04:18:42 AM
hacking will not kill the crypto market that has so many users in it.
I personally have never experienced anything like that, I hope that I have never experienced it, always be careful when accessing an invalid internet.
Activity: 294
Merit: 12
October 08, 2018, 04:06:30 AM
I support this idea so much. It is a really important problem which could have serious effects in the future and these effects won't be positive absolutely.
copper member
Activity: 141
Merit: 1
API-Based Smart Contract Solution For Exch Hacking
October 08, 2018, 03:42:05 AM
hacker does indeed start smart enough to get into a wallet and paved lots of coins. I don't want that to happen to me and certainly be vigilant in this respect is the most important thing. any exchanges will not be concerned with the loss happened because it's not their responsibility fully.

Definitely, l have not heard stories or reports of people who actually got paid by exchanges when they lost their coins after exchanges were hacked. l hope to read some stories about that
Activity: 224
October 08, 2018, 03:26:54 AM
hacker does indeed start smart enough to get into a wallet and paved lots of coins. I don't want that to happen to me and certainly be vigilant in this respect is the most important thing. any exchanges will not be concerned with the loss happened because it's not their responsibility fully.
copper member
Activity: 141
API-Based Smart Contract Solution For Exch Hacking
October 08, 2018, 02:51:31 AM
I were holding funds on several exchanges which were hacked. Fortunately, my funds were not affected with the hack. I hold on exchanges only the coins for trading and the rest I am storing on  a hard wallet. Lesson learned.

You were quite fortunate. Not many people are, many people lost thousand worth in coins.
Activity: 512
October 01, 2018, 05:09:10 PM
I were holding funds on several exchanges which were hacked. Fortunately, my funds were not affected with the hack. I hold on exchanges only the coins for trading and the rest I am storing on  a hard wallet. Lesson learned.
legendary
Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201
October 01, 2018, 04:01:30 PM
You can see when the shock of the hack was hacked tens to hundreds of millions of dollars, but the value of Bitcoin and the altcoin is not much affected, I do not think the current hacker can influence to the market
Pages:
Jump to: