Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market - page 20. (Read 4472 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 10
October 31, 2018, 12:47:20 AM
Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

There were no such problems in my work. I really hope that I can avoid meeting with hackers in the future. But I also think that such activity of hackers really kills the prospects for the successful development of the crypto market in the future. Therefore, I really hope to correct such problems in the future.
Activity: 121
Merit: 4
October 25, 2018, 07:57:35 PM
Never store large amounts on a CEX, only if you are trading daily always put your funds back into a secure form of storage (offline wallet, web wallet, hardware wallet).

I personally prefer DEX's but it's true there isn't a competitor in the game that provides the same flow as Bittrex or Binance, there is a gap in market for sure even with all the competitors out there.
Activity: 602
Merit: 118
October 25, 2018, 07:51:33 PM

I think hacking is the only trigger for the government to reject bitcoin as a currency, not because of its speculative value. According to what I have read, usually users will get compensation funds from exchanges, because in this case the government will contribute to confirm the exchange about its responsibilities to its users.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
October 25, 2018, 04:38:00 PM
Agree with all! indeed hacks scare away future investors! I'm afraid of getting caught !  All manipulations with cryptocurrency, exchanges, wallets, I spend on a separate computer and nowhere else with it I go )
And you are right to be afraid the resources the hackers have to get to your funds are almost unlimited and it is impossible to recover your money even if you make a single mistake, this is one of the reasons of why cryptocurrencies are never going to be adopted by the general public because they will need to be incredibly responsible with their information and if social media is any indication we cannot expect that people keep their private information private anymore.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
October 17, 2018, 05:43:47 PM
Agree with all! indeed hacks scare away future investors! I'm afraid of getting caught !  All manipulations with cryptocurrency, exchanges, wallets, I spend on a separate computer and nowhere else with it I go )
Activity: 244
Merit: 100
io.ezystayz.com
October 17, 2018, 05:40:23 PM
Of course, you are right, but you also need to understand what exactly hackers help and reveal the problems of this or that system, so perhaps today it would be wrong to say that the system is completely dying.
I also think that hackers do not have too much influence on this market and that the cryptocurrency market affected by hackers leads to weakness is not groundless. A lot of hackers and scammers have stolen the assets of the investors but the number is so small that it does not affect the market.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
October 17, 2018, 05:28:29 PM
hackers are merely a small part of the risk in crypto and this will not be able to kill crypto. even though it is indeed quite disturbing and disturbed many who would be this. but for being safe and not enough data in storing the secret private key as I think it will remain secure. There is no Exchange or legal entities that want to replace for the loss incurred and of course because it's the most important thing is going to be cautious.
Hackers may be a small part of the risk in cryptocurrencies but they are without a doubt very influential when it comes to the media making public their crimes, after all we know that hackers also steal money from banks and from people with credit cards but at least they have the protection of a system that allows them to chargeback that money, but as we know that is impossible with bitcoin and while that is a feature that I like that doesn't mean that I do not see the risks.
Activity: 708
Merit: 103
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
October 17, 2018, 10:20:46 AM
Hackers are everywhere, they can hack everything, also my account here on bitcointalk or my bank account and so on.
There is only one thing why hackers in crypto are more annoying than in the banking sector - that your crypto is not insured. Money in your bank is insured - so you dont care about that.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
October 17, 2018, 10:17:04 AM
Of course, you are right, but you also need to understand what exactly hackers help and reveal the problems of this or that system, so perhaps today it would be wrong to say that the system is completely dying.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
October 17, 2018, 10:14:00 AM
That's just the direction of the development, the hacker makes the technology more developed. But anything has two sides of it! Good and bad are two opposite sides but not separated!
copper member
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
October 17, 2018, 10:11:47 AM
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

Difinitely that's true , hacking really affects cryptocurrency price and trending everyday because investors are stop patronizing cryptocurrency , so we must change our strategy of activities just to avoid hackers .
Activity: 1400
Merit: 674
October 17, 2018, 09:48:02 AM
hacking has become a very frightening threat like a scam but fortunately I have never experienced hacking and I hope it will never happen to me because being hit by a scam bounty is very painful especially if I lose a coin because of hacking, so I always try to make things that doesn't happen by keeping my laptop from viruses or other things that can be used as a media for hacking
Activity: 616
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
Activity: 364
Merit: 13
October 17, 2018, 06:06:51 AM
No, i have not been hacked.

Hacking is not killing the market in anyway, big number of hacks and stolen wallets are indicator that people are not informed well enough, poeple are naive and exchnages lack security expertiese. The latter is the most diturbing because it is their bussines and they should take care of that.
Lyd
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
October 17, 2018, 05:53:49 AM
I have never been hacked since I am in the cryptocurrency market and I hope I will never be. I am very careful with my passwords and my secure data. Hacking shouldn't kill the crypto market.
Activity: 154
October 17, 2018, 05:52:57 AM
I've never been hacked and never had a problem. Only once on the stock exchange I have sold the coins themselves, but it was not very scary )
Activity: 1050
Merit: 508
October 17, 2018, 05:49:47 AM
Hacking is actually a problem in the internet. Be it fiat online banking and crypto currencies. I hope people understand that hacking is not really inclined with crypto currencies.
Activity: 406
October 17, 2018, 05:47:28 AM
I would not say that hacks kill the market, but they have a very negative impact, nevertheless, everything that does not kill makes you stronger, so I think that this is the way that the cryptocurrency must go in order to become stronger and safer!
Activity: 462
October 17, 2018, 05:44:15 AM
Indeed, you have to be careful with everyone who wants to interfere with our assets and do not believe that everyone is aware that it will be better than losing. Hacking is able to kill our crypto market and this is very disappointing for us.
Activity: 126
October 17, 2018, 05:36:00 AM
I've never been hacked. In this market, a lot of hackers and scammers, and this is not to be afraid. It's inevitable. We need to be as careful and organize security in working with cryptocurrencies.
Pages:
Jump to: