Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 12. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
I quit a 120k job muself to mine full time, kinda thinking of getting andother development job lower stress and lower paying too so i can managbe my gear still and hodl more coins

Thats a big move buddy. How huge is your mining operation? Curious to know how much of mining revenue one would consider enough to quit a regular job.

Whats worrying most is what do you think you'll do when ETH goes POS and mining dies altogether. Will you have enough money to last the rest of your life after mining?

my operation is medium, around 300 gpus 15 asics , i also traded ans made nice chunks off icos
so its not all mining revenue, probably pull in about the same amount of money i made working

without the stress
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
I quit a 120k job muself to mine full time, kinda thinking of getting andother development job lower stress and lower paying too so i can managbe my gear still and hodl more coins

Thats a big move buddy. How huge is your mining operation? Curious to know how much of mining revenue one would consider enough to quit a regular job.

Whats worrying most is what do you think you'll do when ETH goes POS and mining dies altogether. Will you have enough money to last the rest of your life after mining?

Back in 2012-2013 there were many people that did the same move.

Their quit their job to mine full time. And you are probably thinking. What if mining becomes unprofitable? Usually they were very old adopters and had hundreds of BTC in their wallets so they weren't worried.

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Activity: 325
Merit: 110
Hi all. Long time no chat Smiley

I have set all my rigs to nicehash - equihash (nvidia) and cryptonite_v7 (vega) for the last 4 months. Basically they have hummed away with absolutely no management required by me, except the cryptonight fork.

I'm sitting at 90% BTC as a low risk position. I don't have time to micromanage the fledgling high-risk/reward stuff.

Has there been any great advances for 'nicehash' style miners who want to accumulate BTC?

my set-up is;

1*Windows rig running NHM 2.0
2*Windows rig running CAST-XMR @ nicehash
4*Linux rig running nvOC @ nice_equihash
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
Just kept on zec it turns a small profit steady.
Im still that way on xevan.  I am in the process of finding an open source equihash miner that I can compile myself and not have the BS devfees and extra nonsense like EWBF's trojans....  Stay tuned for that.  I have yet (to this day) mine anything equihash for longer than a 6-12 hour test.  Everything else has always been more profitable.

Doing the ~month on RVN was a bad idea.   Came out with pennies comparatively.  not even gonna consider barely-listed coins for a while.

I have noticed xevan profitability dwindling;  I smell an under the curtains ASIC at play possibly...  The timing is seeming about right.....

saw the new yescryptR16 thing.... just today.   Looking at its short run (read its thread)... and how fast it made it to the GPU side... quite a day and age we are living in right now.  I plan to attempt to compile the source that turns a 150Kh miner into a 500Kh miner tonight; and give it a whirl on my machine at home.  zpool has a stratum port for the algo... so Ill report back my thoughts once/if I get some success/failures.  Hopefully I can get this one licked as easy as I got the XMR fork compiled.  If worthy;  ill add it to my mminer batch configs and push an update for it.

Ended up being asked to come back to my old job to work as a Surveyor again for nearly 2x the pay.... couldn't refuse.... been keeping my weekdays rather solid with little time for myself.   Their main guy moved on to greener pastures, and they really need the help.   The $$$ is good as well, because I am no longer dependent on my mining revenue to pay the bills.   I am actually saving BTC now instead of spending it as it comes in.... my last BTC purchase was to spotswood for a frame, just because BTC was the best method of payment....   and my exchange accounts have been doing rather well recently.  No bots needed.

I hope to try and keep my presence, projects and activities here as on track as I am able to....   It's been a long week, I usually don't leave the office until 7PM.... I'm shitting out corner records and records of survey to submit to the county at record pace......

I don’t understand why people jump off raven , i have around 12 1080ti 1070ti and 1070 mix rigs on raven
the last two months , price has been steady and diff is even dropping , lowesr i mined was 3000 a day now im at 5k a day with the same hash , thats near $160 a day which is double what i earned doing eth. and 1/3 more on anything else, its steady consistent and easy, I might buy some lux mine a bit of peigon but profits on raven has only been getting better i have around 900 mhs
Maybe because we found out about some other way more profitable coin then raven Wink Also going long on raven isnt really that smart because inflation is killing the price(7 mill coins mined per day)and untill october nothing special will happen to raven,you probably can sell it now and buy back for at least 1/3 of the price in few months
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
JK -- 4 letter word..... SMOS.... you will have good nights sleep.
oah I get ya.... don't get me wrong...

but ive focused on the windows side;  because there seem to be soo many more people left without help on that end compared to linux....   Plus;  I am an open source kinda guy... fees/taxes... I get enough of that living in the US where you get taxed when you die...  also windows is what I know most.   I used to be a certified network technician, doing Covad fiber and DSL network installs all over the bay.... you'd be surprised at how prevalent windows was compared to linux at major network hubs and companies.

I despise devfee miners for some very specific reasons.  Their behavior causes problems is the most prominent reasons.  Its my goal to compile if I can.   It IS possible, so I take it as a challenge.  I have the brains, I just need to apply them.

At some point;  I will install SMOS on a machine but im not a fan of buying software for every machine, when I could do it myself if I properly apply my skills.  When I switch to linux on my miners;  I will probably still want to compile sources myself and control the system 100% in the end.....   But yeah, at some point I will try out SMOS on a machine.   I plan to plop it on a SATA drive and use it in my ONDA.  When I pay off the truck and have the spare cash, Ill be buying a handfull of 1080's off a friend of mine.  He's make hand over fits off them, and I get first dibs on his selloff... not to mention my % when I hosted them etc =)

My ultimate goal now with the D8P is to put a WWAN card in the mSATA slot (I have a sim adapter to use it properly), and have it be a self-contained miner that dubbs as a cellular internet local ISP for the rest of the miners able to connect to it.    I have a goal of "satellite" portable GPU rigs that can be set up anywhere power is best to plug it in;  given the power plan we have in the future goal for our farm.   We have a route to lease space that include a ~50A 220v line for ~300-450/mo.... but our systems would need to be completely wireless.  No utilities but power and water available...    If they knew what it was being used for;  OMG... lol.  But its a legit method to get cheap electricity...  And its got locations all over that you can choose from....   Its our little secret method... I'm surprised people already haven't done it... but the conditions for the equipment will dictate constant checks and environment quality systems be installed.

Anyways..  Ive been serving my internet connection at home in a similar way;  I am just trying to make a small tight package for my own "gorilla" mining network/farm in the end.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Correct I am using z-enemy v 1.08

Ill try and dig it out and see how it goes...  but, IDK... Ill give it another chance.

I am about fed up with Visual Studio....  

I am now getting nothing but cuda compile errors because the version is not compatible?!?  Must be VS2017, but it is VS2017... so WTF...

Try to compile under VS2015;  error, v141 not available, only v140 installed...

I need to figure out where my folly is;  maybe run the VS2017 installer again, and select both v140 and v141 configs?   IDK... I remember having to initially install make/build V140 to build the XMR stak release (which won't build the CUDA DLL's anymore thank you very much)... but I thought VS2015 has 140 and you needed to upgrade to 2017 to get 141....   yet;  the build notes for kloust ccminer states to use VS2015.

I swear;  some of these guys whom want you to build them software constantly don't understand the nuances of compiling sources from different people...

Now;  had I been building it in linux;  the .sh files would have handled much of the mess for anyone.

JK -- 4 letter word..... SMOS.... you will have good nights sleep.

@Marvell2 -- I dont have any CPU rigs. I know that Cryptonite and Neoscrypt can be mined via Ryzen with good results. However I dont think this is feasible anymore because Claymore's latest project is a kickass Neoscrypt miner for AMD GPUs, including Vegas - I am currently testing it and its a winner vs GTX GPUs. I am keeping track with Claymore thread on his latest project. I only have 2 x Vegas64 left after selling 8 Vegas to one of my buddies last month. The miner is driving the Vegas hard at 200w and runs hot.
legendary

Ill try and dig it out and see how it goes...  but, IDK... Ill give it another chance.

I am about fed up with Visual Studio....  

I am now getting nothing but cuda compile errors because the version is not compatible?!?  Must be VS2017, but it is VS2017... so WTF...

Try to compile under VS2015;  error, v141 not available, only v140 installed...

I need to figure out where my folly is;  maybe run the VS2017 installer again, and select both v140 and v141 configs?   IDK... I remember having to initially install make/build V140 to build the XMR stak release (which won't build the CUDA DLL's anymore thank you very much)... but I thought VS2015 has 140 and you needed to upgrade to 2017 to get 141....   yet;  the build notes for kloust ccminer states to use VS2015.

I swear;  some of these guys whom want you to build them software constantly don't understand the nuances of compiling sources from different people...

Now;  had I been building it in linux;  the .sh files would have handled much of the mess for anyone.
I don’t understand why people jump off raven , i have around 12 1080ti 1070ti and 1070 mix rigs on raven
the last two months , price has been steady and diff is even dropping , lowesr i mined was 3000 a day now im at 5k a day with the same hash , thats near $160 a day which is double what i earned doing eth. and 1/3 more on anything else, its steady consistent and easy, I might buy some lux mine a bit of peigon but profits on raven has only been getting better i have around 900 mhs

Wow that is incredible. What miner are you using? I am using enemy miner with 6 1070s and 6 1060s. I can only get 400 - 500 each day. What am I missing?

Use "z-enemy-v1.08" for best results

Currently its faster than suprnova X16R/S miner - and its also a powerful PHI miner
you have intel phi? what model? I am thinking of diversifying into intel 7220s for monero
mining , ive seen them as low as $459 on ebay and they are said to do 2800 h/s

they can also mine other stuff? I would love to teyin them on zcoin and zoin too
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Wow that is incredible. What miner are you using? I am using enemy miner with 6 1070s and 6 1060s. I can only get 400 - 500 each day. What am I missing?

Currently its faster than suprnova X16R/S miner - and its also a powerful PHI miner

Next week ill split the rigs between lux and pegion and zcash tho

I have 12 Nvida rigs man 10 six card rigs and 2 8 card rigs they average 70mhs per 1070 rig
85 mhs per 1070ti rig and 112 per 1080ti mix rig

thats over 70 cards man thats how i have 800 mhs of raven.

I purchased most of them last year at the old prices when amd was out of stock

the 1070tis i bought around december
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Activity: 202
Merit: 10
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

legendary

for me;  I have a large handful of clients I try to keep on the profitability's edge as much as possible.   Also being the fact that instead of earning ~120+/mo  I earned an entire 0.0035 BTC worth of RVN.

Being it's position, and it's role thus far, I don't see it becoming another XVG, DGB, LTC, etc... coin....    I just don't see it.   I just see it as a coin people are going to exchange-jockey to death like most others.   There's quite a bit in the supply now;  and it's price reflects the way people will be playing with it.

I only invest in long-term projects:  BTC, LTC, BUB, and a little ETC ETH and XMR for portfolio's sake.... "just in case it spikes" scenario.

It may be profitable to have mined in the future;  but that's a huge IF.   When you can be guaranteed to make more;  why pick the gamble?  I don't buy into coins to gamble unless I see worthy movement;  which is few and far between.   But then again, I am ok with that as I rarely make a "bad play" in the market.   Most of my bad plays are holding out for the next rise, and the one after that, etc....   I could be up probably 1000% more if I had followed my gut.... but again, I prefer solid known things, and still stay at least 2x profits or more on each investment.

Update on the yescryptR16 miner:  failure after failure trying to compile.    I don't have any cuda toolkits other than 9.1 saved;  and thus can't compile under any other library.... I hope its not my downfall... I doubt it.   I am getting odd errors like incompatible Visual Studio version, must be xxx xxx 2015, or VS2017.... but I have VS2017... so I am presently installing VS2015 to try building the solution in that version..... hopefully it works.
Im still that way on xevan.  I am in the process of finding an open source equihash miner that I can compile myself and not have the BS devfees and extra nonsense like EWBF's trojans....  Stay tuned for that.  I have yet (to this day) mine anything equihash for longer than a 6-12 hour test.  Everything else has always been more profitable.

Doing the ~month on RVN was a bad idea.   Came out with pennies comparatively.  not even gonna consider barely-listed coins for a while.

I have noticed xevan profitability dwindling;  I smell an under the curtains ASIC at play possibly...  The timing is seeming about right.....

saw the new yescryptR16 thing.... just today.   Looking at its short run (read its thread)... and how fast it made it to the GPU side... quite a day and age we are living in right now.  I plan to attempt to compile the source that turns a 150Kh miner into a 500Kh miner tonight; and give it a whirl on my machine at home.  zpool has a stratum port for the algo... so Ill report back my thoughts once/if I get some success/failures.  Hopefully I can get this one licked as easy as I got the XMR fork compiled.  If worthy;  ill add it to my mminer batch configs and push an update for it.

Ended up being asked to come back to my old job to work as a Surveyor again for nearly 2x the pay.... couldn't refuse.... been keeping my weekdays rather solid with little time for myself.   Their main guy moved on to greener pastures, and they really need the help.   The $$$ is good as well, because I am no longer dependent on my mining revenue to pay the bills.   I am actually saving BTC now instead of spending it as it comes in.... my last BTC purchase was to spotswood for a frame, just because BTC was the best method of payment....   and my exchange accounts have been doing rather well recently.  No bots needed.

I hope to try and keep my presence, projects and activities here as on track as I am able to....   It's been a long week, I usually don't leave the office until 7PM.... I'm shitting out corner records and records of survey to submit to the county at record pace......

legendary

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Pages:
Jump to: