Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 9. (Read 34140 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
@citronik the l3s at that price was a goos deal , have like 10 $200 coupons but ive soured on asics

all my asics are off atm , they dont make enough for the heat they generate, 6 s9s , 3 a3 ( one owned by me)
and 3 d3 all off ,

i kept my baikal x10s on tho , one has a bad fan

why do you bother with the D3?

Yeah those damn D3.... one of my group members invested in them, I had little say but helped found them a home and a long term solution. The D3s are currently running at PH and solo mode... we do get lucky every now and then....
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
glad i kept most of my gear on raven, seeing a nice pump

I have a sneaking feeling raven hit a dollar by year end , that would change my life lol

I heard thier github repository has 15k commits and 400 developers, add in the fact they are

commited to fighting asics and have a great white paper I think its a great speculative asset atm
  still holding 5200 of them

I have around 10k , wish i handnt sold so much , im mining a few 500 a day and holding hard now
Oh well. Loan came back for $23,500 - way less than I was hoping.

Thinking I'm going to get another Vega rig and 4-6 RX 500 Rigs.

youre taking out loans to buy gear? hope it pans out , it will be hard to build 4 500 rigs and a vega rig for that much,
u should go 1 vega rig, 1 nvidia rig and two 500 rigs

diversify your hash, me i want more nvida rigs but with the 1180 and 1170 coming out
soon prices on 10x should drop so waiting.

i found a gem of a 570 card that i have a rock soid mod for -150 core, -150 mem voltage 2175 mem
works for every card i bought

they rhen do 850 mhs on c7 and 30.7 on eth hash at 80 and 110 watts

so tempted to buy a ton of these but i have so much amd alrrady
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Your ROI will be very impressive..... by year end, 1 BTC will be worth more than 23.5K  Grin
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

I have a sneaking feeling raven hit a dollar by year end , that would change my life lol

I heard thier github repository has 15k commits and 400 developers, add in the fact they are

commited to fighting asics and have a great white paper I think its a great speculative asset atm
  still holding 5200 of them
@citronik the l3s at that price was a goos deal , have like 10 $200 coupons but ive soured on asics

all my asics are off atm , they dont make enough for the heat they generate, 6 s9s , 3 a3 ( one owned by me)
and 3 d3 all off ,

i kept my baikal x10s on tho , one has a bad fan

why do you bother with the D3?
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

EDIT: I'm seeing $725 per L3+.. where are you getting $500??

L3+ was briefly listed at $440 or so a couple weeks back - then Litecoin price started recovering, and the L3+ price rose to follow it.

With coupons it was even cheaper.... I snagged 15 x units 3 weeks ago...

They will go online in a few hours and will use MRR Asia Pacific proxy node to Prohashing.com.

This farm will join the existing L3s and A4s farms, currently on MRR USA proxy node to PH.

The D3 farm, S9, Avalon and old R9-Nano GPU rigs running Equihash are all pointed to PH.

PH in turn will auto convert the 4 x Algos to 5 choosen coins directly to their wallets.

That's the current ASICs strategy for my group - just dump all of them into one big "pool" and choose the coins I want in return (on-demand) - I avoid all the BS/tech/roadmap/politics of ASICs ... and just wait for Scrypt, X11 and SHA256 ASICS firesales.

The 1st pre-requisite for the strategy above, is having access to cheap power, so that the project is profitable.

PH supports 4 main algos (X11, Scrypt, SHA256 and Equihash)...
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

EDIT: I'm seeing $725 per L3+.. where are you getting $500??

L3+ was briefly listed at $440 or so a couple weeks back - then Litecoin price started recovering, and the L3+ price rose to follow it.

Well the fan you linked looks really loud though.  If noise is a problem (stealth, sleeping close by) then get a gable fan like a quiet cool model.  I have this one, its a 10speed with thermostat, so it changes speed depending on temperature and is quite silent.  I just mounted it in my garage on the back window and its doing a good job.  bit expensive though but so far i feel its good quality.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/QuietCool-Smart-2830-CFM-Power-Gable-Mount-Attic-Fan-/253557171021
thats an exhuast fan right? i could put that above as extra exhasu possibly, I still need an intake, ill install one next week

yeah you can mount it in a attic style configuration, but its 12 screws easy mount to cover a window space
thanks, after i get my intake installed or i go with @phillma’s trench ide ill look in to that, i need a filtered intake is my problem, i have major dust issues as it is
Hey Everyone... as some of you may remember, I have been having issues with GPU 0 on all 4 of my 6x470 rigs. Pretty sure the W10 Fall Creator's Update was the culprit (for some reason i could not stop this from installing on all my rigs), and have tried various versions of Claymore ETHash & Cryptonite-7 miners but always GPU 0 ends up going "open CL call fail restart"... over and over again.

Since I've been out of town most of April, I just turned GPU 0 off mining on all 4 rigs but now I am back and looking to get those 4 running again.

My first try is going to be a driver update, so I wanted to ask the experts on this thread which AMD drivers you are currently using or find to be the best/most stable.

I'm using 17.11.2 on all rigs which is quite old, so hoping a more recent driver will work better and fix that GPU 0 issue.

using 17.11.2 here on my onda rig (mix of 470s and 1070/1080s, 7 cards total). seems super stable, rig stays up for months at a time. using cdm 11.4 on win 10 pro x64 ver 1709. 8 gb ram, 60 gig page file.

all updates have been disabled (and so far its worked great, no updates at all since the update services were disabled. about 6 months maybe. i installed 1709 manually.

i have a kvm plugged into the iGPU (G4400), so all gpus have nothing plugged into them. sure makes driver updates easier.

dunno if you use risers (onda is riserless) but that would be my 1st guess but im sure you already know that. and it happening on 4 rigs at the same times kinda rules that out.

any cards bios modded? used pixel patcher to get them recognized?

what mobo? any bios updates for it? any changes to the bios been done (pci gen mumber changes, 4g decode etc. even iGPU vs pci video init order changed?

my rig is mixed so all amd may have something to do with it? mine has a 470 in slot 0 (closest to cpu) then another 470, 460, 1070, 1070ti then 2x1080tis

Thanks Vapour and the others who replied.  Interestingly enough, my rig's config is almost identical to Vapours'... except that I am using risers and all 24 of my GPUs are MSI 470s... and the W10 version.  Mine shows as 10.0.16299... not sure how I tell which update was the last as with your 1709.

To answer some of your other questions...

- I have 2 Biostar TB85 and 2 ASRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0 Mobo's.  I have never touched the bios settings on any of these boards.

- All 24 GPU's were Bios modded using the strap-1500 method. After this W10 update and previous driver changes, I always used pixel patcher to get the cards recognized.  Also used the DDU driver cleaner prior to install.

All of these methods worked after any prior update to OS or Drivers but not this time. If it were just 1 or maybe 2 rigs with GPU 0 I too would thing risers gone bad. But like you said, in this case with all 4 doing the same thing, it statistically rules out hardware issues IMO.  I may go ahead and try swapping out 1 or 2 risers just for sanity sake first though, just because it's a lot less tediouos than messing with driver updates.  But alas, I suspect this will be an issue of finding the right set of AMD drivers that play nicely with the version of W10 on my rigs.

I have seen 18.3.4 mentioned a few times so may try that first.  Seems that was the last version before the 18,4.1 was released 3 days ago.
i have a bunch of those gpus, i still use the blockchain aug 23 drivers no issues, a few cards go bad and i just rma them, id pull the cards one by one and isolate the offenders and run them in another rig , if that doesn’t work u have a bad card
Honestly if i had 40k to spend on expanding mining and you had the room, i would instead spend it on solar power... I have been shopping around local here to build a small solar farm on my property that i have all my rigs currently. Here in Florida you cant get a credit on solar unless you produce over a certain xxxx amount. So i have been shopping around and there is a solar panel manufacture called Sonali Solar in Miami, FL that quoted me some pretty amazing prices...

Pallet: 25 panels
305watt panels
$0.46/watt pricing

Small Container: 250 panels
305watt panels
$0.31/watt pricing

Or

A 50,400 watt complete system package

180 x panels
6 x 10.1KW 240vac inverters
Unirac 180 panel kit
cabling for kit setup

They priced me $33,675.40 shipped to my door, which comes out to $0.67 per watt if i do the install myself.

Right now im just trying to find out what permits and coding i would need to meet to install such a system, because if i could cut my $1500/month electric bill down to near $0 mining with the gear i already have, then that is a huge step in the right direction in the future of mining. Right now profits are a bit on the low side, so saving on electric seems more important in my book.... I could ROI on the solar in no time, since i would have to expand to use up the full 50kw in solar.

For my rooftop 10.7 kW system, installation was the biggest part of total cost ~$1.60/watt including racks and cabling. Here in California installer had to posses C10 and someone on the payroll with roofing license to install solar.
thats a great plan man, with free or dirt cheap power even older hardware would still be profitable for yesrs

installation is the issue though, if u do a diy you get zero waranties on the install and parts can get voided waranties if the install had issues.  Just be careful
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Hey Everyone... as some of you may remember, I have been having issues with GPU 0 on all 4 of my 6x470 rigs. Pretty sure the W10 Fall Creator's Update was the culprit (for some reason i could not stop this from installing on all my rigs), and have tried various versions of Claymore ETHash & Cryptonite-7 miners but always GPU 0 ends up going "open CL call fail restart"... over and over again.

Since I've been out of town most of April, I just turned GPU 0 off mining on all 4 rigs but now I am back and looking to get those 4 running again.

My first try is going to be a driver update, so I wanted to ask the experts on this thread which AMD drivers you are currently using or find to be the best/most stable.

I'm using 17.11.2 on all rigs which is quite old, so hoping a more recent driver will work better and fix that GPU 0 issue.

using 17.11.2 here on my onda rig (mix of 470s and 1070/1080s, 7 cards total). seems super stable, rig stays up for months at a time. using cdm 11.4 on win 10 pro x64 ver 1709. 8 gb ram, 60 gig page file.

all updates have been disabled (and so far its worked great, no updates at all since the update services were disabled. about 6 months maybe. i installed 1709 manually.

i have a kvm plugged into the iGPU (G4400), so all gpus have nothing plugged into them. sure makes driver updates easier.

dunno if you use risers (onda is riserless) but that would be my 1st guess but im sure you already know that. and it happening on 4 rigs at the same times kinda rules that out.

any cards bios modded? used pixel patcher to get them recognized?

what mobo? any bios updates for it? any changes to the bios been done (pci gen mumber changes, 4g decode etc. even iGPU vs pci video init order changed?

my rig is mixed so all amd may have something to do with it? mine has a 470 in slot 0 (closest to cpu) then another 470, 460, 1070, 1070ti then 2x1080tis

Thanks Vapour and the others who replied.  Interestingly enough, my rig's config is almost identical to Vapours'... except that I am using risers and all 24 of my GPUs are MSI 470s... and the W10 version.  Mine shows as 10.0.16299... not sure how I tell which update was the last as with your 1709.

To answer some of your other questions...

- I have 2 Biostar TB85 and 2 ASRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0 Mobo's.  I have never touched the bios settings on any of these boards.

- All 24 GPU's were Bios modded using the strap-1500 method. After this W10 update and previous driver changes, I always used pixel patcher to get the cards recognized.  Also used the DDU driver cleaner prior to install.

All of these methods worked after any prior update to OS or Drivers but not this time. If it were just 1 or maybe 2 rigs with GPU 0 I too would thing risers gone bad. But like you said, in this case with all 4 doing the same thing, it statistically rules out hardware issues IMO.  I may go ahead and try swapping out 1 or 2 risers just for sanity sake first though, just because it's a lot less tediouos than messing with driver updates.  But alas, I suspect this will be an issue of finding the right set of AMD drivers that play nicely with the version of W10 on my rigs.

I have seen 18.3.4 mentioned a few times so may try that first.  Seems that was the last version before the 18,4.1 was released 3 days ago.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Honestly if i had 40k to spend on expanding mining and you had the room, i would instead spend it on solar power... I have been shopping around local here to build a small solar farm on my property that i have all my rigs currently. Here in Florida you cant get a credit on solar unless you produce over a certain xxxx amount. So i have been shopping around and there is a solar panel manufacture called Sonali Solar in Miami, FL that quoted me some pretty amazing prices...

305watt panels
$0.46/watt pricing

305watt panels
$0.31/watt pricing

Or

180 x panels
Unirac 180 panel kit
cabling for kit setup

They priced me $33,675.40 shipped to my door, which comes out to $0.67 per watt if i do the install myself.

Right now im just trying to find out what permits and coding i would need to meet to install such a system, because if i could cut my $1500/month electric bill down to near $0 mining with the gear i already have, then that is a huge step in the right direction in the future of mining. Right now profits are a bit on the low side, so saving on electric seems more important in my book.... I could ROI on the solar in no time, since i would have to expand to use up the full 50kw in solar.

For my rooftop 10.7 kW system, installation was the biggest part of total cost ~$1.60/watt including racks and cabling. Here in California installer had to posses C10 and someone on the payroll with roofing license to install solar.
Not a bad idea, but I'm in Ohio and solar pretty much sucks here.
Activity: 322
Merit: 233

305watt panels
$0.46/watt pricing

305watt panels
$0.31/watt pricing

Or

180 x panels
Unirac 180 panel kit
cabling for kit setup

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Well the fan you linked looks really loud though.  If noise is a problem (stealth, sleeping close by) then get a gable fan like a quiet cool model.  I have this one, its a 10speed with thermostat, so it changes speed depending on temperature and is quite silent.  I just mounted it in my garage on the back window and its doing a good job.  bit expensive though but so far i feel its good quality.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/QuietCool-Smart-2830-CFM-Power-Gable-Mount-Attic-Fan-/253557171021
thats an exhuast fan right? i could put that above as extra exhasu possibly, I still need an intake, ill install one next week

yeah you can mount it in a attic style configuration, but its 12 screws easy mount to cover a window space
Not necessarily.
The problem is we only have one guy's word.
If anyone knows a good & trustworthy fpga coder, now is the time to speak up! Cheesy
I've learned to always question everything. If I can any amount of proof I'll buying 3-5 of these cards for sure.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
About to expand my farm.. looking at spending somewhere between $20,000-$40,000. Been making spreadsheets and trying to figure out what to buy.. any thoughts/input? My main concern is that Vegas are pretty much 1 trick ponies with the Cryptonight variants. Where nVidia algos seem to be easily ASIC'd. And AMD RX 500s rely heavily on ETH staying PoW..

You might want to read this thread before you go in big in GPUs (or ASICs for that matter): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/diy-fpga-mining-rig-for-any-algorithm-with-fast-roi-3459858
Holy crap thanks so much. Burning through this thread.

EDIT: looks like nothing is confirmed. This smells highly of "to good to be true"
Not necessarily.
The problem is we only have one guy's word.
If anyone knows a good & trustworthy fpga coder, now is the time to speak up! Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: