Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 10. (Read 34140 times)

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
About to expand my farm.. looking at spending somewhere between $20,000-$40,000. Been making spreadsheets and trying to figure out what to buy.. any thoughts/input? My main concern is that Vegas are pretty much 1 trick ponies with the Cryptonight variants. Where nVidia algos seem to be easily ASIC'd. And AMD RX 500s rely heavily on ETH staying PoW..

You might want to read this thread before you go in big in GPUs (or ASICs for that matter): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/diy-fpga-mining-rig-for-any-algorithm-with-fast-roi-3459858
Holy crap thanks so much. Burning through this thread.

EDIT: looks like nothing is confirmed. This smells highly of "to good to be true"
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
About to expand my farm.. looking at spending somewhere between $20,000-$40,000. Been making spreadsheets and trying to figure out what to buy.. any thoughts/input? My main concern is that Vegas are pretty much 1 trick ponies with the Cryptonight variants. Where nVidia algos seem to be easily ASIC'd. And AMD RX 500s rely heavily on ETH staying PoW..

You might want to read this thread before you go in big in GPUs (or ASICs for that matter): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/diy-fpga-mining-rig-for-any-algorithm-with-fast-roi-3459858
My ex-ETH farms are all finetuned to be mine CN7/Monero (470/480/Nano/390) @ 220khs... and a lower power bill.
If you can find RX570/580s - that will be a nice sweetspot, esp 570.
Anything NVIDIA, ZEC/Equihash is the safest and most profitable bet.
I gave up on the Vega project - its too expensive to implement to get too little...

If I have 40k to spare, I will get all L3+ that Bitmain can deliver below $500 a pop.
20GH/s of Scrypt is one fine farm...  Grin
Thanks for your input! Yes I would be doing ETH/Cryptonight on the RX 500s.

My only problem with nVidia say 1080tis is just how few I get and how much longer the ROI time is...

Vegas are hella good right now.. just riskier with the "only good at 1 algo" bit..

ASICs? Ewww.. I hadn't even considered them..

EDIT: I'm seeing $725 per L3+.. where are you getting $500??

EDIT2: $830 with PSU.. :puke:
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Spreadsheet:

My ex-ETH farms are all finetuned to be mine CN7/Monero (470/480/Nano/390) @ 220khs... and a lower power bill.
If you can find RX570/580s - that will be a nice sweetspot, esp 570.
Anything NVIDIA, ZEC/Equihash is the safest and most profitable bet.
I gave up on the Vega project - its too expensive to implement to get too little...

If I have 40k to spare, I will get all L3+ that Bitmain can deliver below $500 a pop.
20GH/s of Scrypt is one fine farm...  Grin

Spreadsheet:
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Hey Everyone... as some of you may remember, I have been having issues with GPU 0 on all 4 of my 6x470 rigs. Pretty sure the W10 Fall Creator's Update was the culprit (for some reason i could not stop this from installing on all my rigs), and have tried various versions of Claymore ETHash & Cryptonite-7 miners but always GPU 0 ends up going "open CL call fail restart"... over and over again.

Since I've been out of town most of April, I just turned GPU 0 off mining on all 4 rigs but now I am back and looking to get those 4 running again.

My first try is going to be a driver update, so I wanted to ask the experts on this thread which AMD drivers you are currently using or find to be the best/most stable.

I'm using 17.11.2 on all rigs which is quite old, so hoping a more recent driver will work better and fix that GPU 0 issue.

using 17.11.2 here on my onda rig (mix of 470s and 1070/1080s, 7 cards total). seems super stable, rig stays up for months at a time. using cdm 11.4 on win 10 pro x64 ver 1709. 8 gb ram, 60 gig page file.

all updates have been disabled (and so far its worked great, no updates at all since the update services were disabled. about 6 months maybe. i installed 1709 manually.

i have a kvm plugged into the iGPU (G4400), so all gpus have nothing plugged into them. sure makes driver updates easier.

dunno if you use risers (onda is riserless) but that would be my 1st guess but im sure you already know that. and it happening on 4 rigs at the same times kinda rules that out.

any cards bios modded? used pixel patcher to get them recognized?

what mobo? any bios updates for it? any changes to the bios been done (pci gen mumber changes, 4g decode etc. even iGPU vs pci video init order changed?

my rig is mixed so all amd may have something to do with it? mine has a 470 in slot 0 (closest to cpu) then another 470, 460, 1070, 1070ti then 2x1080tis

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Hey Everyone... as some of you may remember, I have been having issues with GPU 0 on all 4 of my 6x470 rigs. Pretty sure the W10 Fall Creator's Update was the culprit (for some reason i could not stop this from installing on all my rigs), and have tried various versions of Claymore ETHash & Cryptonite-7 miners but always GPU 0 ends up going "open CL call fail restart"... over and over again.

Since I've been out of town most of April, I just turned GPU 0 off mining on all 4 rigs but now I am back and looking to get those 4 running again.

My first try is going to be a driver update, so I wanted to ask the experts on this thread which AMD drivers you are currently using or find to be the best/most stable.

I'm using 17.11.2 on all rigs which is quite old, so hoping a more recent driver will work better and fix that GPU 0 issue.

Hey, do you have monitor or hdmi dummy plug connected to gpu0?

edit: Im using 18.3.4 and amd blockchain drivers...
Activity: 284
Merit: 102

You should try smos to see if it’s a windows versus Linux thing
Activity: 225
Merit: 1

I'm far from an expert but I am using lastest amd drivers. Latest cast xmr and claymore 11.7.
I have a mix of rx550, rx570, rx580 and vega 56. They all behave and I get maximum hashrate on the latest amd drivers. Oh and windoze 10.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
Well the fan you linked looks really loud though.  If noise is a problem (stealth, sleeping close by) then get a gable fan like a quiet cool model.  I have this one, its a 10speed with thermostat, so it changes speed depending on temperature and is quite silent.  I just mounted it in my garage on the back window and its doing a good job.  bit expensive though but so far i feel its good quality.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/QuietCool-Smart-2830-CFM-Power-Gable-Mount-Attic-Fan-/253557171021
thats an exhuast fan right? i could put that above as extra exhasu possibly, I still need an intake, ill install one next week
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Well the fan you linked looks really loud though.  If noise is a problem (stealth, sleeping close by) then get a gable fan like a quiet cool model.  I have this one, its a 10speed with thermostat, so it changes speed depending on temperature and is quite silent.  I just mounted it in my garage on the back window and its doing a good job.  bit expensive though but so far i feel its good quality.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/QuietCool-Smart-2830-CFM-Power-Gable-Mount-Attic-Fan-/253557171021
Activity: 600
Merit: 261

Activity: 72
Merit: 11
A good ZEC mining pool? Last year I was mining on flypool, it was rewarding really good. I haven't mined recently ZEC. If you know better pools, please shoot Smiley

I've been mining on Nanopool (https://zec.nanopool.org) for about a year now. Despite their name, they're a pretty large pool. In my experience they've always had completely consistent payouts (and matches closely whattomine.com estimates). Pretty easy to set up and use. Minimum payout for ZEC is 0.01 ZEC. They take 1% fee. I also currently mine on their Ethereum pool. All their pools listed at https://nanopool.org
Marvell2 has a lot of good exhaust fans.

How much power is in your garage?  Are you pulling 200 amps?

I think I remember his setup.
He needs to pull in cool air.
He could bury this and air would be cool

He could do 1 20 foot long feed

https://www.lowes.com/pd/ADS-18-in-x-20-ft-Corrugated-Culvert-Pipe/3534240

dig 1 trench

Is this you below?

yes thats my setup ill post new pics of the hole i have right now in a few

ambient temps hit 83 today and my garage was up to 120 degrees , turned off
my 3 a3s, 6 s9s and stopped dual mining on the six rigs I was mining verge on

gotta figure out a way to cool things down, i have six exhuast fans alrrady but i need an intake
fan i think
I bought this. Works fantastic. Keeps my ~100 GPUs nice and airflown.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XJH3ZGM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@phillipma youre right , i have six 1500 cfm exhuast fans , but no intake , I dont want to open holes in my garage

I cut a hole in the back wall and that provided some intake but therrs just too much heast pockets in certan  spots so Im finally breaking down to install a 2500 cfm filtered intake, the hole was letting in alot of diust and bugs anyways

im pulling around 300 amps with my asics, 230 amps on 200 gpus or so

I dont know if its even worth it to run the a3s and s9s in the summer they generate so much heat  for like $4 per unit per A3 and s9 honesty i dont think its even worth it to. run them now that they are paid off, with. summer power rates at .11cents per kwh vs .7 for winter they will make like 3.50 a day
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Marvell2 has a lot of good exhaust fans.

How much power is in your garage?  Are you pulling 200 amps?

I think I remember his setup.
He needs to pull in cool air.
He could bury this and air would be cool

He could do 1 20 foot long feed

https://www.lowes.com/pd/ADS-18-in-x-20-ft-Corrugated-Culvert-Pipe/3534240

dig 1 trench

Is this you below?

ambient temps hit 83 today and my garage was up to 120 degrees , turned off
my 3 a3s, 6 s9s and stopped dual mining on the six rigs I was mining verge on

gotta figure out a way to cool things down, i have six exhuast fans alrrady but i need an intake
fan i think
I bought this. Works fantastic. Keeps my ~100 GPUs nice and airflown.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XJH3ZGM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Man citronick,  you passed some of that luck my way apparently, had a smashing day... send more of that luck my way buddy... ill take these types of days everyday!!!

thats a crazy 1 day gain , I thought bots were just another scam , which ones do you use?

Profit Trailer v2
https://wiki.profittrailer.com/doku.php?id=start

Need a bit of learning curve, took me about 3 whole days to read up the wiki and experiment using test-mode, join the discord and learn some more. Started with 0.3 BTC for the bot to follow my trading rules (Gnome settings, with some adjustments from yours truly). The bot made about $100 in 2 days with 0.3 BTC capital in the beginning. Then I increased starting BTC to 1 BTC, adjusted the spread and also increased the initial buying price. That was about 4 days ago. Total profit made by the bot is just over 1.1k in 7 days. Amazing. Call it lucky.... but the way the market went up and down in the past week - the bot took advantage of the volatility was able to buy low and sell high. This bot was able to trade without emotions, as expected.... and sometimes this will come with pros & cons.

In summary, read wiki and learn some trading strategies before investing in the bot. At the end of day, it will only follow what you tell it to do. There is no AI or whatsoever in the bot.

Disclaimer: I am not financial expert or advisor. Commentary above is purely my review and experimentation purposes only.
@citronik ahh thats for the info, seems a bit complicated for a beginer, I was thinking of trying out gunbot or another of those well known ones that have some built in a.i or default settings for agressive trading or conservative

i’ll probably play with that and look into yours as well

I have Gunbot. Tried my very best to learn and gave up after a few days.

PT2 however, was surprisingly easier to learn - thanks to Wiki and Discord, where I can ask questions, pros/cons of each strategy etc. For me, I wanted a strategy that take advantage of this volatile crypto market, so hit & run & scalper strategy. If I want to earn 10-20 bucks profit per trade and the bot does hundreds of trades per day = $?Huh??  Grin

ahh thats good to know @citronik
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
I have been wanting to try these bots for a while now. What would you recommend the minimum amount to play around with af first.

Honestly i wouldnt try a bot out unless you understand the charting and strategies that it uses to the fullest. Bots are great tools to help scalp a little here and little there, but they can take it just as fast from you. I have been playing with trading bots all the way back to my Forex days, but crypto is just so volatile right now with BTC in a emotional state. Ive earned more with my bots in the last 3 months than i have in 15 months of using bots on crypto... months back when btc was on the rise, the bots were struggling to make any positions due to lack of trading and everyone selling to put money into btc, now that btc has tanked and is recovering with some huge whales causing ripples in the market, the bot has been extremely active.

Example:
2017 i used gunbot and 2 other bots and only had 917 trades for the entire year only...
2018 i have had over 3000+ trades just in the short 4 months of trading it this year.
Activity: 225
Merit: 1
I have been wanting to try these bots for a while now. What would you recommend the minimum amount to play around with af first.
Pages:
Jump to: