Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 26. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 2
Any point in taking a 48 hour run at it with nvidias, do you think?
Activity: 60
Merit: 3
Whoa boy, time between Monero blocks shot to 4 minutes, if things go at this rate, it will take a week for the difficulty to adjust !

It has been a little more than 12 hours since the hard fork and the total amount of blocks found is 58.

If at 1000Mh/s total hash rate we used to find 720 blocks per day and assuming we will find 120 blocks in 24 hours, this effectively means the hash rate went down by around 83%.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I am doing a bit on nicehash   with a few cpus.
The funny part is, the main reason I wanted to remove the devfee;  is because nanopool emails me every time the any miner goes offline for the dev share.    

I haven't had the email all night now... but I wont stop with my old cards mining XMR until I reach the 1XMR payout limit.

Still trying my luck with RVN... holding off on my usual zpool steady earnings to get at least 1K coins saved up... who knows.  may become gold.

BUB on yobit has begin to climb again.... Dev went silent (as he said he may be) and people panic sold.  the dev bought most of the coins.   Ive been buying a bunch myself.   Dev announces hes been buying the coins and others notice the prime wallet growing again....  im already over 4x my investment;  so; to the moon with her Wink  Its only just begun.

I have 4000 raven will mine til I get to 10000 of them.

then list

1000 at 0.00002222
 1000 at 0.00003333
 1000 at 0.00004444
 1000 at 0.00005555
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
I am doing a bit on nicehash   with a few cpus.
The funny part is, the main reason I wanted to remove the devfee;  is because nanopool emails me every time the any miner goes offline for the dev share.    

I haven't had the email all night now... but I wont stop with my old cards mining XMR until I reach the 1XMR payout limit.

Still trying my luck with RVN... holding off on my usual zpool steady earnings to get at least 1K coins saved up... who knows.  may become gold.

BUB on yobit has begin to climb again.... Dev went silent (as he said he may be) and people panic sold.  the dev bought most of the coins.   Ive been buying a bunch myself.   Dev announces hes been buying the coins and others notice the prime wallet growing again....  im already over 4x my investment;  so; to the moon with her Wink  Its only just begun.
legendary
Anyone with RX cards managed to switch to cryptonight v7 on nicehash?

I'm getting 100% rejected shares with xmr-stak from simplemining. This is my config, I'm guessing is ok and problems with the pool?

--currency monero7 -o stratum+tcp://cryptonightv7.eu.nicehash.com:3363 -u walletaddress.ativ7 -p x

yes.  RX560;  nanopool.  XMR-stak.
I have a compiled version with devfee set to zero.  Can be found in the batch link in my sig.

Just noticed today:

XMR went from 60+Mh to a little over 20Mh nethash.

A minimum of half of network hashrate either:

A: All miners shut down because XMR was not profitable to mine anymore and they just so happened to pick the same day, time and block to do so.

b: There were a LOT more asics out there than people thought there were.

There be blood in the waters......

I am doing a bit on nicehash   with a few cpus.
legendary

I'm getting 100% rejected shares with xmr-stak from simplemining. This is my config, I'm guessing is ok and problems with the pool?

--currency monero7 -o stratum+tcp://cryptonightv7.eu.nicehash.com:3363 -u walletaddress.ativ7 -p x

yes.  RX560;  nanopool.  XMR-stak.
I have a compiled version with devfee set to zero.  Can be found in the batch link in my sig.

Just noticed today:

XMR went from 60+Mh to a little over 20Mh nethash.

A minimum of half of network hashrate either:

A: All miners shut down because XMR was not profitable to mine anymore and they just so happened to pick the same day, time and block to do so.

b: There were a LOT more asics out there than people thought there were.

There be blood in the waters......
Activity: 239
Merit: 10

See thats what i dont understand, since getting everything secured and deleting all connectors that i can... and soldering the wires my riser issues have pretty much dissipated... most of the issues ive had in the past was from sag on the gpu's over time in the pcie slot and the pcie adapter coming loose from viberations... between clips i printed and hot glue... everything is running smooth as butter....

My "mining shelf/rack" doesn't have sag issues.
Vibration .... not sure yet, but the weight of the GPU helps hold it IN the slot and the slot does latch on one end - the MB end of the risers doesn't see much vibration.

Those clips look like an interesting idea to cure THAT issue, too bad I don't have a 3d printer.....

A small polish company produce the clip in volumes and is willing to ship overseas.
Do not buy myself but hear lots of positive feedback.
You can find details on https://www.facebook.com/PolClip/
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
agreed f**k eth gayhan and shitmain
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
I tried it an hour ago, it is simply not worth mining at the moment.

Monero recalculates the difficulty once every single day at the normal block time. Since the difficulty still didn't change and the hash rate has dropped it will take more than a day to adjust the difficulty.

The average blocktime for monero is usually around 1 minute. Currently its around 2 minutes. So expect the difficulty to adjust in two days.

Mining Monero at the moment yields around $0.6 not including electricity on Nicehash for roughly around 850 h/s.
wont u still acumulate shares?

You do, along with everyone else so it doesn't matter.

I'm solo mining it on a rig you never know I might get lucky  Grin

nice, I have half my rigs on nanopool and half on nicehash

i forgot how much more power efficeint cryptonite is, basically saving 30 percent power
from eth only mining, I really hope hashrate stays low , fuck eth

Monero recalculates the difficulty once every single day at the normal block time. Since the difficulty still didn't change and the hash rate has dropped it will take more than a day to adjust the difficulty.

The average blocktime for monero is usually around 1 minute. Currently its around 2 minutes. So expect the difficulty to adjust in two days.

Mining Monero at the moment yields around $0.6 not including electricity on Nicehash for roughly around 850 h/s.

You do, along with everyone else so it doesn't matter.

I'm solo mining it on a rig you never know I might get lucky  Grin
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

The average blocktime for monero is usually around 2 minutes. Currently its around 4 minutes. So expect the difficulty to adjust in two days.

Edit:

Corrected a mistake with the block times.
Activity: 131
Merit: 10

legendary
Not sure how many other Raspberry Pi guys are on here, but i my raspberry pi 3 apparently die from running my latest bot off it, even tho they state its capable of running off pi 2.
Things had me thinking and i heard about it before, so i tossed the bot on my main PC temp to work its way out of some positions it got into before it died... I decided to try out installing Ubuntu on my old Samsung Note 4 i had laying around from when i upgraded to my latest phone and it turned out easier than i had expected....

Raspberry Pi 3 running the bot, the CPU ran 70%+ 24/7 and CPU temps with aluminum premium thermal case sat around 55-60c at max....

Samsung Note 4 running the bot, the CPU runs around 17% now and CPU temps are in the 40-45c range....

Benefit of the phone now is that it has a battery for those days when power cuts out on me now.. just win win all around

To the few that asked me about the clips.. Here is the printer file..

https://ufile.io/jqbpz

is it the pi, or just the SD itself?

I have killed ~5 SD cards now with a Pi2 and using it as my VPN host.

Im still too lazy to config a linux box to replace the pi....   being the VPN's connection is now pretty @#$ fast,   I think ill upgrade my servers and services I host there.   MAkes sense, but Just wondering if yours was a SD failure.
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

Thank you Buydd, merited for sharing.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
I have yet to see a multi-card board that had "good for cooling" space between the cards, or I'd find them more interesting.

you must not have had an onda B250-D8P yet...

card spacing is almost 3x.... 2.160 inches between each 16x slot.  That's pretty damned good spacing.

TONS of space between cards, and enough space in between EVGA ACX2.0/3.0 coolers.....  All you should do with those bigger cards is have active cooling across them, which is the norm anyways.

My current setup allows about 4 inches center-to-center for each card.
3x spacing is NOT "tons of space", that's what I had on some of my Folding rigs between cards #1 and #2 and it was NOT ENOUGH for good cooling.

Active cooling helps some, but even with a couple Delta fans blowing air through a couple of those rigs they STILL got pretty hot in my "mining room" since the ambient temp wasn't exactly low in the summer.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

See thats what i dont understand, since getting everything secured and deleting all connectors that i can... and soldering the wires my riser issues have pretty much dissipated... most of the issues ive had in the past was from sag on the gpu's over time in the pcie slot and the pcie adapter coming loose from viberations... between clips i printed and hot glue... everything is running smooth as butter....

My "mining shelf/rack" doesn't have sag issues.
Vibration .... not sure yet, but the weight of the GPU helps hold it IN the slot and the slot does latch on one end - the MB end of the risers doesn't see much vibration.

Those clips look like an interesting idea to cure THAT issue, too bad I don't have a 3d printer.....
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Not sure how many other Raspberry Pi guys are on here, but i my raspberry pi 3 apparently die from running my latest bot off it, even tho they state its capable of running off pi 2.
Things had me thinking and i heard about it before, so i tossed the bot on my main PC temp to work its way out of some positions it got into before it died... I decided to try out installing Ubuntu on my old Samsung Note 4 i had laying around from when i upgraded to my latest phone and it turned out easier than i had expected....

Raspberry Pi 3 running the bot, the CPU ran 70%+ 24/7 and CPU temps with aluminum premium thermal case sat around 55-60c at max....

Samsung Note 4 running the bot, the CPU runs around 17% now and CPU temps are in the 40-45c range....

Benefit of the phone now is that it has a battery for those days when power cuts out on me now.. just win win all around

legendary
I have yet to see a multi-card board that had "good for cooling" space between the cards, or I'd find them more interesting.

card spacing is almost 3x.... 2.160 inches between each 16x slot.  That's pretty damned good spacing.

TONS of space between cards, and enough space in between EVGA ACX2.0/3.0 coolers.....  All you should do with those bigger cards is have active cooling across them, which is the norm anyways.

yeah  you can do 205 to 215 watts  for the evga hybrids zero issues

and I do 200  with blower cards and a pair of these

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835345040&cm_re=bitfenix_230mm-_-35-345-040-_-Product

you can run 7 full size 1080ti's and the zotac 1080 ti mini

but since I cut back on cards I just run 4 1080tis  per board  zero cooing issues while I wait for new nvidia
legendary

card spacing is almost 3x.... 2.160 inches between each 16x slot.  That's pretty damned good spacing.

TONS of space between cards, and enough space in between EVGA ACX2.0/3.0 coolers.....  All you should do with those bigger cards is have active cooling across them, which is the norm anyways.
Pages:
Jump to: