Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 25. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 0
I'm looking for GPUs. Of course, prices are still ridiculous.

If they drop a bit more, I might buy 8 x MSI 1070 Seahawks.

Anyone have any experience with this GPU?

The GPU price is still high, and not much available.

The main problem is that the ASIC will drive the GPU mining the ETH to other GPU PoW. So the profitability is not very sustainable.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Almost 100 pages again...

Got my frame from @Spotswood

I got mine on a custom order, so it was similar, but different than the directions given....   regardless, I figured it out and got her all nice and together.

Need to extend one of my SATA power cables from the PSU about an inch or two, annoying, but expected.  On the table, the PSU was in a different position.

It looks like there's enough room to stack another PSU right on top of the first one when the time comes.

Spotswood is kinda ingenious on how some of these connect together.  My mother when watching m assemble at her house, was throw n back by the holes drilled in the framework for the hidden/flush screwheads.

Anyways;  once I got it home and the board test-fit, I re-arranged the parts I put on wrong and populated it.   Back up and running.
https://imgur.com/a/YmKSA
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Monero is the only CN coin that has switched so far - ETN had ballpark half the network hashrate of Monero and has ANNOUNCED they plan to fork to change algo, but hasn't done so yet.

Why would ETH miners switch, unless Monero profitability goes WAY up quickly?

I am still sitting on the fence on this..... I suspect there will be a yo-yo situation here to stabilize the XMR blockchain.

.... one more thing.... is this Monero's first hardfork?

I hope Fluffy's devs are more competent then the VERGE team.

Meanwhile the farms are still working hard on PIGN and ZEN.

I kinda like Verge as my new ASIC is making a decent daily profit mining it on the Myriad-Groestl algo. I'm mining and exchanging it on Mining Dutch pool.

ZEN seems very promising. It's reminds me of Dash. I likely should put some has power to mine and hold it and then set up a node later on. It doesn't take a huge amount to hold for a node.

ZEN was is still one my brightest star, +52% up in a bear market is amazing.
Masternodes are cheap. And Supernodes gets good returns too - just like NEO and GAS.
Thats my only consolation during this painful bear market.
Activity: 85
Merit: 6

There are two different ones.

One is only water block you need to add pump and radiator.

The other has a built in pump and radiator.

I like the built in pump and radiator style.

I have 14 pump radiator style 1080tis all have more then 2 years warranty left.

I may sell the Evga hybrids that I own 1080tis.

Thanks- the built in pump and radiator seems like the way to go. I will be watching for deals.

I gotta fill up that Onda board I bought from you - now that I finally got the RAM into it. Man it was hard compared to a second Onda board I bought direct from Letine directly. Must have been a slight flaw in my "old fart" hands- lol. Arthritis sucks.

I put 10 GPUs on the other Onda board and set them up in the large Thermaltake case. It runs quietly in my living room and helps to keep the house warm.
Monero is the only CN coin that has switched so far - ETN had ballpark half the network hashrate of Monero and has ANNOUNCED they plan to fork to change algo, but hasn't done so yet.

I am still sitting on the fence on this..... I suspect there will be a yo-yo situation here to stabilize the XMR blockchain.

I kinda like Verge as my new ASIC is making a decent daily profit mining it on the Myriad-Groestl algo. I'm mining and exchanging it on Mining Dutch pool.

ZEN seems very promising. It's reminds me of Dash. I likely should put some has power to mine and hold it and then set up a node later on. It doesn't take a huge amount to hold for a node.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

There are two different ones.

One is only water block you need to add pump and radiator.

The other has a built in pump and radiator.

I like the built in pump and radiator style.

I have 14 pump radiator style 1080tis all have more then 2 years warranty left.

I may sell the Evga hybrids that I own 1080tis.
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
Which pool you're mining on ZEN?
Right now my nvidia rigs are on pign and rvn on suprnova and I'm thinking moving one 1080ti rig on zen.
Thanks

I've had the best results with https://zen.zhash.pro.

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

Which pool you're mining on ZEN?
Right now my nvidia rigs are on pign and rvn on suprnova and I'm thinking moving one 1080ti rig on zen.
Thanks
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
Monero is the only CN coin that has switched so far

Sumokoin switched as well - to Cryptonight Heavy - but given it's a tiny, tiny coin, it's easy to miss.

As for network effects, DERO is a CN coin that I have been mining almost continuously since the beginning of December and in the last few days the average network hashrate has gone from 5-7MH/s to ~15MH/s and the devs are still dithering around on what to do (I opined that doing anything besides following Monero or going with Cryptonight Heavy would be suicide because no mining software is likely to be available for weeks-months-ever).

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Activity: 46
now would be an interesting time to see if eth miners would actually switch over to monero and ease on nethash and difficulty. if eth nethash shows no remorse and  difficulty still increase in a steep manner i guess we already know who is at play. interesting yet difficult times ahead.  Shocked
Activity: 239
Merit: 10

I am doing a bit on nicehash   with a few cpus.

Are going on with cryptonight or switched to cryptonightv7?
I switched but start to receive lots of errors like "share above tarjet" and thus have to switch to nanopool that thus far works nicely.

BTW as for now NH have 190Mh/s cryptonight only on EU and USA servers. Who needs so much of old algo hashpower Huh As far as I know only KARBO is still using old algo but it's combined hashrate is only about 5Mh.
Activity: 65
80 blocks down now since the fork.
Difficulty addjustment is 720 blocks but doesn't count the lowest or highest 60 blocks. So it should start to correct down slowly now

Ya, latest miner actually bumped my 1950x hashrate a little... I just wish it would use more than 50% of the core's power...
AMD 1950x
1308.2 H/s average

The block height is 154085 now.

The difficulty has come down from 136XXX to 125XXX. So it is getting to the right difficulty slowly.

The displayed hash rate is 1042MH/s instead of 1100MH/s.
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Difficulty addjustment is 720 blocks but doesn't count the lowest or highest 60 blocks. So it should start to correct down slowly now

Ya, latest miner actually bumped my 1950x hashrate a little... I just wish it would use more than 50% of the core's power...
AMD 1950x
1308.2 H/s average
Activity: 225
Merit: 1
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Not sure how many other Raspberry Pi guys are on here, but i my raspberry pi 3 apparently die from running my latest bot off it, even tho they state its capable of running off pi 2.
Things had me thinking and i heard about it before, so i tossed the bot on my main PC temp to work its way out of some positions it got into before it died... I decided to try out installing Ubuntu on my old Samsung Note 4 i had laying around from when i upgraded to my latest phone and it turned out easier than i had expected....

Raspberry Pi 3 running the bot, the CPU ran 70%+ 24/7 and CPU temps with aluminum premium thermal case sat around 55-60c at max....

Samsung Note 4 running the bot, the CPU runs around 17% now and CPU temps are in the 40-45c range....

Benefit of the phone now is that it has a battery for those days when power cuts out on me now.. just win win all around

To the few that asked me about the clips.. Here is the printer file..

https://ufile.io/jqbpz

is it the pi, or just the SD itself?

I have killed ~5 SD cards now with a Pi2 and using it as my VPN host.

Im still too lazy to config a linux box to replace the pi....   being the VPN's connection is now pretty @#$ fast,   I think ill upgrade my servers and services I host there.   MAkes sense, but Just wondering if yours was a SD failure.

No i think it died itself, after communicating with amazon about it being only 2 weeks old since purchase, they have me returning it for a full refund, placed an order for the brand new latest 3+ since its the same price....

The cell phone is working well, but i dont think its up to the task in regards to the charging.. the power draw of the bot jumps way up when its actively monitoring a position compared to when its just monitoring the exchange for pricing ticks... CPU load goes from 15% roughly monitoring 132 pairs i currently have it trading on to 60%+ when it has a pair actively bought and monitoring for position to sell... not exactly sure why the drastic change i didnt realize this previously, i think when the PI3 was in the 70% cpu range it was actively trading a pair... So basically since the cell phone cpu% jumps way up, the battery on the phone starts dropping like a rock and a few times it dropped to 50% and less before it sold the pairs off and was able to charge back up to 100%, granted the lower it got in charge the slower it dropped, so maybe the phone is limiting the amount of charge rate up near full charge... So my guess is the phone will not live long in this constant tug-o-war with the battery. I truly want a battery backup for the bot, since 3 times storms recently has knocked my pi offline while it was trading and then i would get stuck in trades hours later that would take many hours to days to average out of manually to not loose money on the trades.

I may have to just build a linux box myself or ive been thinking of maybe picking up something like a tablet or laptop to run the bot that has a battery built in... I may pickup one of those 12inch student google chromebooks at bestbuy, i saw them previously for like $69 on sale.

I tried running my PI's off a UPS, but even with 3 of them the UPS couldnt pickup a high enough load for it to trigger the battery backup and this was on a professional series APC, according to APC the min VA for it to trigger backup is like 27 watts i think they told me... and all 3 raspberry pi's were pulling only 5.8watts in total according to the software.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Any point in taking a 48 hour run at it with nvidias, do you think?
i stopoed mining xmr block times are too slow to be profitable

It's true that mining is slow right now, but the more people that quit the longer it will take for the network difficulty to stabilize and profits to rise again.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
Any point in taking a 48 hour run at it with nvidias, do you think?
i stopoed mining xmr block times are too slow to be profitable
Pages:
Jump to: