Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 27. (Read 34166 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
I have yet to see a multi-card board that had "good for cooling" space between the cards, or I'd find them more interesting.
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
Finally printed something of meaning value out of my 3d Printer that has been collecting dust....

Whoa those look amazing, is there a 3D model for those that you can share? Would really help.
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
You aren't a real miner unless you are using ribbon risers.

Still running a bunch of those.
Oh god. I still have some in use from the 2014 mining boom. I cannot believe those used to work.
Activity: 322
Merit: 233

heh yeah i still have some from btc gpu mining days, did the molex mod on them.

now im riserless and dont miss em a bit  Grin

See thats what i dont understand, since getting everything secured and deleting all connectors that i can... and soldering the wires my riser issues have pretty much dissipated... most of the issues ive had in the past was from sag on the gpu's over time in the pcie slot and the pcie adapter coming loose from viberations... between clips i printed and hot glue... everything is running smooth as butter....
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

heh yeah i still have some from btc gpu mining days, did the molex mod on them.

now im riserless and dont miss em a bit  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1408
Lately the entire mining section has gotten out of hand.

People doing nothing but bashing Bitcoin, bashing Bitmain, bashing Mining, bashing GPUs.

People writing in huge red texts. Getting really difficult to read pretty much.

Basically newbies arguing with other newbies.

This is the only down the earth thread.

When you see something that you really like and believe going to a really bad place, I prefer to fight than just sit and do nothing
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Finally printed something of meaning value out of my 3d Printer that has been collecting dust....

looks nice but I stopped using risers  the 8 slot boards work better for me.

I know there are riser fans out there.

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

yes, there are, eventhough those things keep dying all the time  Grin and are also main point of failure
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

looks nice but I stopped using risers  the 8 slot boards work better for me.

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

legendary

People doing nothing but bashing Bitcoin, bashing Bitmain, bashing Mining, bashing GPUs.

Well many of us are fully roi'd have zero debt on the gear.

So even if 24 1080ti's earn 50 a day and cost 13 usd to run it is still a net gain of 37 usd a day.

So far raven is okay makes a bit of coin.

the 10 bitmain L3+'s make a few dollars

It is still cold in nj which means $$.

I paid my taxes and will file them soon.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

legendary
It's up to you guys, if you think the right thing to do is buy Asics from Bitmain, go ahead, maybe I'm wrong

But I don't like the idea to feed Bitmain, I think they are hurting cryptos and day after day they are getting more power
They create a dirty business model in my opinion

Like I said, I'm feeling tired of this, maybe cryptos are just to gain some money, and you are right to squeeze every single coin you can

The only thing i would buy right now is a Litecoin miner from them.

From now on, I prefer to support Canaan, who offer a true solid miner and not something that probably broken after 6 months. (or 6 hours)

the E3 looks great ... but it's a 3 month pre-order ... and will it broke ?

If Innosilicon would get rid of the bloody high MOQ on their miners, I'd LOVE to start buying A4 units.

legendary

DaggerHashimoto hashing 180MHs in a shoebox....

Good bit larger than a shoebox, looking at the pics - more like a double shoebox, and not a lot smaller than some "short" 4u cases.

ETH dev team called ETH "ASIC resistant" not "ASIC proof" - there's a difference, and if they get POS rolled out by the end of the year forking due to this miner would be a waste of time.

There is ONE video about a "F3" miner, but it's very uninformative and no clue what algorithm it's supposed to be for - the RUMORS were "ethash" but I'm starting to doubt that now.

Activity: 476
Merit: 278
Dont you guys think that bitmain is testing the field with their e3 miners to see if eth dev team will fork the coin or no,because they promised that eth will stay asic resistant?They probably have way faster asics mining eth right now,think they are called f3 and it was suposed to have 1,5 ghs.My point is that same situation happened with monero fork and when all of the suden there were many cn asics coming out,we could probably see this again if there is eth fork
legendary
It's up to you guys, if you think the right thing to do is buy Asics from Bitmain, go ahead, maybe I'm wrong

But I don't like the idea to feed Bitmain, I think they are hurting cryptos and day after day they are getting more power

Like I said, I'm feeling tired of this, maybe cryptos are just to gain some money, and you are right to squeeze every single coin you can

From now on, I prefer to support Canaan, who offer a true solid miner and not something that probably broken after 6 months. (or 6 hours)

Yeah I will be

avalon 841 -------1 for now maybe 10
bitmain L3+ ------10 for now
nvidia  1080ti ----- 24 of them

and the 16gpu miner  with all 106 = 1060 mining gpus.

Hey Phil, I was wondering if you still had that 13 GPU rig from the company in Austria?  I haven't seen you mention it of late, did you have to send it back?

I purchased it and sold it locally.  It works well at a local friends place nice  gear very quiet.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

Yeah I will be

Hey Phil, I was wondering if you still had that 13 GPU rig from the company in Austria?  I haven't seen you mention it of late, did you have to send it back?
legendary

Yeah I will be

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1408

Pages:
Jump to: