Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 24. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
Loving this XMR profitability. Hope it lasts for a couple weeks.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
XMR is really climbing the profitability ranks.  Feels like the end of last year's profitability.

I pointed all of my machines at it for now.   Wanna reach that min 1XMR payout now.   XMR is the first blockchain aside from BTC that I have synced fully now at home.  Thinking of setting up a machine at my VPN location with pool code....  almost worth it at this point.

I have been pretty impressed with the stability and hashrate of my recompiled xmr-stak for W10.... so much better overall hashrates without the miner disconnecting to do devfee mining.... and its a one stop app shop;  will run any GPU I have throw at it so far (GTX4xx-GTX10xx) as well as the AMD.   Someone should test my build with the older RX and HD cards... see if they are supported like the nvidia side Wink

link it I will run an rx 460 and a rx 560

I think I have a really old hd6790
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
XMR is really climbing the profitability ranks.  Feels like the end of last year's profitability.

I pointed all of my machines at it for now.   Wanna reach that min 1XMR payout now.   XMR is the first blockchain aside from BTC that I have synced fully now at home.  Thinking of setting up a machine at my VPN location with pool code....  almost worth it at this point.

I have been pretty impressed with the stability and hashrate of my recompiled xmr-stak for W10.... so much better overall hashrates without the miner disconnecting to do devfee mining.... and its a one stop app shop;  will run any GPU I have throw at it so far (GTX4xx-GTX10xx) as well as the AMD.   Someone should test my build with the older RX and HD cards... see if they are supported like the nvidia side Wink
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
Looks like the eagle has landed for the Monero-v7 profitability...

100khs is giving 0.0266 BTC at Nicehash Crypotonite V7 marketplace.
It's that 80% missing hashrate no longer dumping earnings me thinks....

Or, letting the price rise while they turn on machines slowly in secret.....

rentals have spiked too... the greed has set in.

for me I am not interested in collecting the coin, just cheap BTC paid upfront from "rich" Nicehash rentors

I went 2x to 3x in earnings over just xmr

this is a boost for a vega miner

Regretted selling the 10 Vegas I had sometime ago.... :-(

Vega  cards may go back up in price.

don’t regret selling your vegas, i have six two died and will rma the other fourwork but hashrate
drops from 1950 to like 1500 after a while and i did a whole bunch of work with power play just to get voltages dowb
just buy rx580s 8g they hash near 1k use like 75 watts or so and are. hassle free
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
I'm looking for GPUs. Of course, prices are still ridiculous.

If they drop a bit more, I might buy 8 x MSI 1070 Seahawks.

Anyone have any experience with this GPU?

The GPU price is still high, and not much available.

The main problem is that the ASIC will drive the GPU mining the ETH to other GPU PoW. So the profitability is not very sustainable.

Very minor SLOW factor - what's going to drive GPU mining out of ETH will be the move to Proof of Stake, the E3 is too low performance and Bitmain CAN'T make enough of them to be a major factor anytime soon.

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Monero is looking pretty good right now, especially compared to the last month+ for AMD in particular. I'm trying to decide if we want to mine it to hodl or just let Nicehash pay us in BTC until the profits drop.  Of course, depending on whether or not the botnets get updated will be a big factor in how long it stays this profitable imo. That or when a million Eth miners switch over. :p
Activity: 284
Merit: 102
What is the Nvidia Cryptonight7 miner of choice here?

@phil & @citronick

EDIT:  I'm okay on the windows side, but on SMOS side having trouble with the nicehash + Cryptonight7 combo

I have tried all the various Cryptonight7 miners in SMOS... and its a bit tricky, however below worked best for me.

I am using the following for Nicehash + Cryptonight7, stable and without any issues for both NVIDIA and AMD

xmrig-amd-v2.5.2   
-o stratum+tcp://cryptonightv7.usa.nicehash.com:3363 -u .$rigName -p x --donate-level=1 --print-time=5

xmrig-nvidia-v2.5.2   
-o stratum+tcp://cryptonightv7.usa.nicehash.com:3363 -u .$rigName -p x --donate-level=1 --print-time=5

Thanks Citronick - I should have added that I am on NVIDIA **.  I copied the string you provided 1:1 and its not liking the donate level part..

Thats funny -- I copied that from SMOS, both farms now hashing.

Are you using v2.5.2 ?

yeah I goooofed big time.  My fault.

Thank you very much for your help.

I am going to provide MERIT - and would be happy to buy you a beer, PM a BTC or ETH address.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

@phil & @citronick

EDIT:  I'm okay on the windows side, but on SMOS side having trouble with the nicehash + Cryptonight7 combo

I have tried all the various Cryptonight7 miners in SMOS... and its a bit tricky, however below worked best for me.

I am using the following for Nicehash + Cryptonight7, stable and without any issues for both NVIDIA and AMD

xmrig-amd-v2.5.2   

xmrig-nvidia-v2.5.2   

Thanks Citronick - I should have added that I am on NVIDIA **.  I copied the string you provided 1:1 and its not liking the donate level part..

Thats funny -- I copied that from SMOS, both farms now hashing.

Are you using v2.5.2 ?

maybe just remove "donate level" string?

@phil & @citronick

xmrig-amd-v2.5.2   

xmrig-nvidia-v2.5.2   

edit2:  I am an idiot.  Was using the wrong software. Sad
Activity: 60
Merit: 3

@phil & @citronick

Use KlausT's updated ccminer

https://github.com/KlausT/ccminer-cryptonight/releases
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

@phil & @citronick

EDIT:  I'm okay on the windows side, but on SMOS side having trouble with the nicehash + Cryptonight7 combo

xmrig-amd-v2.5.2   

xmrig-nvidia-v2.5.2   

@phil & @citronick

EDIT:  I'm okay on the windows side, but on SMOS side having trouble with the nicehash + Cryptonight7 combo
Activity: 305
Merit: 148
Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

for me I am not interested in collecting the coin, just cheap BTC paid upfront from "rich" Nicehash rentors

Anyone using Vegas and Windows should try out cast-xmr-ui and Cast 0.9.2 at some point.  Cast is updated for the fork.  Cast-xmr-ui provides for hash rate monitoring/restarting, forces compute mode (handy for RX 570/RX 580) and makes life easier overall.

YMMV, but if you 8+ Vegas on one rig, the old blockchain driver may be more stable for you.  I think for fewer Vegas, the latest Adrenaline drivers work well.  You still have to disable crossfire in the Registry; you still need a decent SoftPowerPlay modification to curb power draw.  But it has gotten much easier.

https://github.com/anadventureisu/cast-xmr-ui

cryptonightv7.usa.nicehash.com:3363
legendary

Vega  cards may go back up in price.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary

well  there are 2 coins / algos

v7 pays better the original
but  the original has improved

i.e.  wealth is being created

146UJM5kgzLVUV23CXCf33KQKHckoX1gx3.16
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Pages:
Jump to: