Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 34. (Read 34166 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
phil what were your overclock settings for RVN. 

4 of my rigs are SMOS, 2 are windows.  I'm having stablity issues with my windows boxes.

not trying any windows
Activity: 284
Merit: 102
phil what were your overclock settings for RVN. 

4 of my rigs are SMOS, 2 are windows.  I'm having stablity issues with my windows boxes.
legendary
this Raven  coin has a serious up side to it.

I see it over 1 usd by December

I was glad to see everyone talking about it here, I was reading up on it and you guys helped validate my plan to switch over this weekend when I'm off shift.

I'm also trying to get away from Windows so lots of changes and playing around.

Thanks for all the info

Though I love the enthusiasm that this coin is generating, it has almost nothing interesting about it other than its not so novel algo and the most elusive fair launch feature.

But then again they will announce the roadmap on the 3rd of April.

Also philipma is a veteran in the crypto world and could be seeing something that I dont.

Edit: Also having this coin reach 1 dollar would be valuation similar to bitcoin being at $1000 considering its total supply.

Simple reasons asic resistant.

Better with nvidia

Nvidia has

p102
P104
P106

All mining cards last I looked a low market cap well under 60mill

Easy for nvidia to boost price attracting new miners.

Boosting sales of cards.

I have been testing the 16 card p1060 and it was looking to become a fancy sculpture due to drop in zec mining.

I will contact builder to see if I can run it with enemy  which will make the gear worth running again
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
this Raven  coin has a serious up side to it.

Haven't had time to check this coin out.

Is it Nvidia only or can you mine With AMD at fair speeds similiar to Nvidia?

Anyone know what speeds it generates with R9 280X, R9 290 and RX 470

AMD = Nvidia in this algo. My 580 8GB averages around 7.8MH/s at 1400 core 1900 memory. 7.2MH/s at stock 1340 core.

470 is around 5-6. Core speed is the bottleneck. Memory is just as important too on AMD.

As for the r9 290 I couldnt launch the amd miner it just freezes.

Not really Nvidia is alot better, 1070s are at 9mhs. 1070ti 11ms , and you dont have to do anything memory only raise core by say 60 -100

most people have hard code modded rx cards with low core , so moving these to raven is not easily doable

I got my 4 vegas going and they are good 11-15mhs
Activity: 60
Merit: 3

AMD = Nvidia in this algo. My 580 8GB averages around 7.8MH/s at 1400 core 1900 memory. 7.2MH/s at stock 1340 core.

470 is around 5-6. Core speed is the bottleneck. Memory is just as important too on AMD.

As for the r9 290 I couldnt launch the amd miner it just freezes.
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
Are you guys getting wild hashrate fluctuations on RVN?

My 1080 tis go from 17-22-15.. they're just all over the place.

EDIT: They're all reporting 28MHs now O_o

Yes, the algo is a combinations of 16 algos, every algo have a different hashrate
Huh! Cool thanks for the info..
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1408

Yes, the algo is a combinations of 16 algos, every algo have a different hashrate
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

Though I love the enthusiasm that this coin is generating, it has almost nothing interesting about it other than its not so novel algo and the most elusive fair launch feature.

Also philipma is a veteran in the crypto world and could be seeing something that I dont.

Edit: Also having this coin reach 1 dollar would be valuation similar to bitcoin being at $1000 considering its total supply.

There were a few things I liked about the project, when I read up on what they have out so far.

They are trying hard to come up with an asic resistant algorithm, and it looks like they've come up with a clever way. Admittedly I do not know enough to see if they have succeeded or not, time will tell.

The fact that there was no pre-mine on coins and no amount set aside for the DEV team is also a huge plus.

In the end I am trusting everything they have put out, and I like it. As I've said before I'm no genius but it did feel good to see people here talking about it, it also helped me figure some stuff out on my end before moving forward.
legendary

I was glad to see everyone talking about it here, I was reading up on it and you guys helped validate my plan to switch over this weekend when I'm off shift.

Thanks for all the info

RVN is gaining attention because the algo and the team of devs behind

Community is supporting the coin, and you know, any coin with great community and devs, tends to rise
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Activity: 60
Merit: 3

Thanks for all the info

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

Thanks for all the info
legendary

Activity: 85
Merit: 6
For RVN, what clock settings are folks using on 1060s and 1070s?

I've tried a few on nevermore and enemy (SmOS versions) but currently using enemy with:

80pwr/100core/-520mem

All are on-i 19.

For my 19x 1060s and 1 x 1070, Temps are staying below 61 C. Rigs aren't stressed.

1060s run between 5.8 and 7.5 MHS.

The 1070 runs between 7.8 and 9.8 MHS. .

I have no idea if this is good or not- but I made equivalent to $28 USD on my first day- ie: which is better than they would have made on my usual coins.

Feedback welcome.
Activity: 85
Merit: 6
Anyone have a good mining profit calculator for ravencoin? Or if not can someone explain how to manually calculate profit? I've always relied on calculators like whattomine.com

Try this one:

http://ravencalc.xyz/

seems fairly accurate when compared to my first 24 hour trial.
Activity: 82
Merit: 0
Meanwhile..... Bitmain may want to RE-think about their ETH Asics miner....

https://www.ccn.com/ethereum-users-support-hard-fork-to-brick-ethereum-asic-miners-poll/

WOW, yesterday we started this and it's already being spread at ccn

Let's vote guys

GPUs 4 lyfe

...anybody else watching the Bitmain ASIC prices nosedive over the last couple weeks? lmao they're almost getting tempting
legendary

https://www.ccn.com/ethereum-users-support-hard-fork-to-brick-ethereum-asic-miners-poll/

WOW, yesterday we started this and it's already being spread at ccn

Let's vote guys
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
Anyone have a good mining profit calculator for ravencoin? Or if not can someone explain how to manually calculate profit? I've always relied on calculators like whattomine.com

Just mine ½ your gear on raven and ½ on zec

and look at daily numbers.

raven is a hold coin for the most part.

Pretty much all my gpus are AMD though

Also I prefer a sell immediately coin.. maybe sticking with eth is still better right now for me?

and pray the monero fork helps you a lot .  It comes April 6th  I think
Pages:
Jump to: