Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 31. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
this Raven  coin has a serious up side to it.

I see it over 1 usd by December

Haven't had time to check this coin out.

Is it Nvidia only or can you mine With AMD at fair speeds similiar to Nvidia?

Anyone know what speeds it generates with R9 280X, R9 290 and RX 470

AMD = Nvidia in this algo. My 580 8GB averages around 7.8MH/s at 1400 core 1900 memory. 7.2MH/s at stock 1340 core.

470 is around 5-6. Core speed is the bottleneck. Memory is just as important too on AMD.

As for the r9 290 I couldnt launch the amd miner it just freezes.

I spent a few hours yesterday trying to get my Rx 470 rig to mine RVN. I did of a ton of reading on the internet and tried both miners on SMOS.

Best I could get out of 7x 470 4gb  GPUs was 700 khs.

I didn't bother trying a Windows download. I gave up and that rig is back on ETH.

yeah nvidia is way better

with the enemy miner its 20 percent faster yet the calculator says
six 1070 should get 54 mhs but i get 64mhs and sometime 84 at the pool

even my vega 4 card rig caps at 45mhs

nvidia is hands down better with enemy miner
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Ok.

But this is the first time I see a video showing the F3 miner.

I have not seen this video being available until today.

Prior to shipping dates, Bitmain will crank them up first and mine them surely - just like S9s, L3+s, D3s etc

From the video, 3 blades - 43 chips each = 1.5MHs... around maybe three 8xGPU rigs thereabouts.

This F3 is a winner from a footprint and cooling aspect - pricing? 10k? Is it published yet?

I hope this F3 will bring down GPU prices in general.... but by then will us GPU miners find any PCI based GPU any value vs the smaller, more powerful, efficient powered, massive scaled ASICs to mine the coin of the future?

I'm sure they have "engineering sample" and test units working by now, possibly hundreds of them given the widespread "release sometime in the next 2 months" reports from more than one source.

1500 Mhash/sec is equal to a bit less than 50 GTX 1070 or a bit more than 50 "modded BIOS" RX 470/480/570/580 cards - if this thing eats 1400-1500 watt ballpark at the wall like the T9 and S9 often do, that makes the efficiency less than 3 TIMES a well-optimized 1070 or RX 470/480/570/580 rig (and would be pretty close to a prediction I made somewhere).
At 1000 watts, it would be about 5 times as efficient - but I'd have to see it run at THAT low of a power level to believe it.
At anywhere between those power levels, it's going to run quite a bit hotter than a good "efficient" riser rig, NOT a win from a cooling aspect though definitely one from a footprint aspect.

A GPU killer, but a SLOW one even at Bitmain normal batch sizes - and they better price them pretty CHEAP for miners to have a reasonable chance to pay them off before ETH goes Proof of Stake, $10k would be a deal KILLER for them.

This is all assuming that production units can actually reach that 1500 Mhash mentioned in the video or close to it.

(edit seems I was off some IF the figures in the video stand up, I was predicting 800 Mhash more or less at 1300-1400 watts at the wall, earlier post in this thread)
Activity: 85
Merit: 6
For all the old timers. It seems like it's Summer 2014 all over again and we are mining Darkcoin on X11 algo using sgminer with our R9 280X using the same amount of power and making similiar profit as today.

More like late spring, JUST before the flood from Litecoin miners hit when the Gridseeds started getting widely deployed and killed GPU mining on Litecoin (in combination with the Litecoin price collapse).

Yep, I remember those days.  LTC went down the tube and my new Zeus ASIC rig, which finally arrived in late June, was next to useless as far as profitability. So, I mined some of that promising new coin ie: Darkcoin with my GPU rig. I should have held it.

I still think that DASH ( ie: Darkcoin in 2014) is still one of the best coins and may be one of the first coins to make it to mass acceptance as an everyday currency??.

Maybe RVN, with it's fairly fast transaction time, will be a good one for mass adoption??. Time will tell.

It does not need to do that at all, ASIC's are specific to a certain algo in regards to hashpower/watt, so no ASIC manufacture can make a ASIC chip that is efficient at all 16, they are vastly different for a reason...

X11 has 11 different algorithms in it, but the original Baikal miner was quite efficient at mining X11 and also high efficiency at mining several of the component algorithms as a "seperate" thing.

FAIL logic.

So assuming the x16r came out a month ago  and bitmain / Baikal want to asic it the  timeline may be 4-6 months out at best.

But  if x16r  had a fork ready now and could fork in:

5 months  to x20r
then fork in
5 months to  x24r
then fork in
5 months to x28r

asics  would be fucked

Yup, i think these MIT guys have a plan that will keep GPUs ahead of the ASIC wave. At least, I hope that is the case. That way, decentralized mining can live on.

Having said that, like many of you, I still dabble in ASICs too.
this Raven  coin has a serious up side to it.

I see it over 1 usd by December

Haven't had time to check this coin out.

Is it Nvidia only or can you mine With AMD at fair speeds similiar to Nvidia?

Anyone know what speeds it generates with R9 280X, R9 290 and RX 470

AMD = Nvidia in this algo. My 580 8GB averages around 7.8MH/s at 1400 core 1900 memory. 7.2MH/s at stock 1340 core.

470 is around 5-6. Core speed is the bottleneck. Memory is just as important too on AMD.

As for the r9 290 I couldnt launch the amd miner it just freezes.

I spent a few hours yesterday trying to get my Rx 470 rig to mine RVN. I did of a ton of reading on the internet and tried both miners on SMOS.

Best I could get out of 7x 470 4gb  GPUs was 700 khs.

I didn't bother trying a Windows download. I gave up and that rig is back on ETH.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Wow, I'm not exactly sure if this video is 100% legit,
but it seems that the Antminer F3 is already there hashing Ethereum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L-1iG6mdJ8

it is most likely real.

But  it will serve to kill eth  unless  a fork is done soon.

Here is the deal  cpu/gpu developers can crush asics  with  a 4-6 month built in fork  system for their coin.

Other then LTC/scrypt and BTC/sha256 no algo has much hashpower

so an asic will crush that algo.

the defense  would be   4-6 month forks  and adding  a second or third algo

say
x16r  now
x20r   4-6 months later
x24r   4-6 months later
z28r   4-6 months later

or
xmr1
xmr2
xmr3
xmr4

or
zec1
zec2
zec3
zec4

or
eth1
eth2
eth3
eth4

this  would defend  cpu/gpu coins  from the  attack  of asics

Thats the part im unsure about, X11 had similar algo's that all used the same physical sectors in the action of mining and the sequence that it mined those algo's were always the same pattern, x16r is a combination of a lot of different ways of performing the action of mining as well randomizing it into 1 of 40,320 possible sequences, so i feel its far far far harder to produce an asic that could benefit from it over a modern GPU. If an ASIC was to come out for x16r, it would have to be a generic cpu die basically with enough memory to cover the memory based algo's as well have some sort of decryption to adjust based on the last 8 bits.

I just dont see how an ASIC could easily mine 40,320 different combinations very efficient compared to modern GPU's

And with a commitment  to add an algo or 2 every 4-6 months  by by asics
Here is a new thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.33601349

and here is the rvn thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--2752467

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--2752467
Activity: 322
Merit: 233

it is most likely real.

But  it will serve to kill eth  unless  a fork is done soon.

Here is the deal  cpu/gpu developers can crush asics  with  a 4-6 month built in fork  system for their coin.

the defense  would be   4-6 month forks  and adding  a second or third algo

say
x16r  now
x20r   4-6 months later
x24r   4-6 months later
z28r   4-6 months later

or
xmr1
xmr2
xmr3
xmr4

or
zec1
zec2
zec3
zec4

or
eth1
eth2
eth3
eth4

this  would defend  cpu/gpu coins  from the  attack  of asics

Thats the part im unsure about, X11 had similar algo's that all used the same physical sectors in the action of mining and the sequence that it mined those algo's were always the same pattern, x16r is a combination of a lot of different ways of performing the action of mining as well randomizing it into 1 of 40,320 possible sequences, so i feel its far far far harder to produce an asic that could benefit from it over a modern GPU. If an ASIC was to come out for x16r, it would have to be a generic cpu die basically with enough memory to cover the memory based algo's as well have some sort of decryption to adjust based on the last 8 bits.

I just dont see how an ASIC could easily mine 40,320 different combinations very efficient compared to modern GPU's
legendary
Thanks Phil. The t9 is what I was thinking. Looking at everything though just don't think I can swing it at the moment.

Thanks for the numbers though

no worries  and deal fell through on my side any way.  I did not get the 20x coupons

That's a shame.  I was thinking I could have used about 3 of them to finally upgrade my older gear.  

Pm sent
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
Thanks Phil. The t9 is what I was thinking. Looking at everything though just don't think I can swing it at the moment.

Thanks for the numbers though

no worries  and deal fell through on my side any way.  I did not get the 20x coupons

That's a shame.  I was thinking I could have used about 3 of them to finally upgrade my older gear.  
legendary

it is most likely real.

But  it will serve to kill eth  unless  a fork is done soon.

Here is the deal  cpu/gpu developers can crush asics  with  a 4-6 month built in fork  system for their coin.

the defense  would be   4-6 month forks  and adding  a second or third algo

say
x16r  now
x20r   4-6 months later
x24r   4-6 months later
z28r   4-6 months later

or
xmr1
xmr2
xmr3
xmr4

or
zec1
zec2
zec3
zec4

or
eth1
eth2
eth3
eth4

this  would defend  cpu/gpu coins  from the  attack  of asics
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
I am just looking into Crypto-Bridge.  I like what I see so far...

I wonder if it would be a good "mine-to" location for coins like RVN that I don't want to sync a block chain for.... 

That a glimpse of how a decentralized exchange looks like.

Working on several nodes around the world, it operates on their own blockchain.

Sometimes, the platform still lags and needs re-synch but with more adoption, this type of blockchain based trading platform is the real deal of  the furture.

Binance is also working on something similar.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Ok.

Prior to shipping dates, Bitmain will crank them up first and mine them surely - just like S9s, L3+s, D3s etc

From the video, 3 blades - 43 chips each = 1.5MHs... around maybe three 8xGPU rigs thereabouts.

This F3 is a winner from a footprint and cooling aspect - pricing? 10k? Is it published yet?

With ETH Casper/POS coming and probably a hint of 1 one more delay, at best 12 months of usage for these miners for ETH.

There are many more POW based Dagger coins, so the F3 will likely have a roadmap... even into Bitmain's quest to use this platform for their Deep-learning ASICs ambitions.

It will be matter of time, when one F3+++ will be equivalent of half a dozen standard "8xGPU" rigs (for any algo for that matter), because breaking the code to achieve DaggerHashimoto on a chip fused onto hundreds of GBs DDR memory banks, is a feat in itself. Soon... Equihash be broken too?

I hope this F3 will bring down GPU prices in general.... but by then will us GPU miners find any PCI based GPU any value vs the smaller, more powerful, efficient powered, massive scaled ASICs to mine the coin of the future?
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Ok.

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

If you search back a few months ago, i posted that MiningPoolHub emailed me informing me of the Antminer F3 already showing up as a miner on their pool in this thread
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Activity: 610
Merit: 265
About the crypto bridge exchange used for ravencoin, has anyone encountered this issue?

To withdraw BTC requires BTS the exchange's coin.

To buy BTS with BTC requires a small fee, paid in BTS.

I have done several BTC transfers from CryptoBridge to my Trezors with no issues.

Since my initial BTS balance is 0, I cannot buy any BTS as fee can't be paid.

I cannot withdraw any of my coins on that exchange, it's stuck in a catch 22. How did you guys get the first BTS or withdraw your funds?

You dont need BTS to withdraw BTC.

Step 1: Sell RVN, get BTC. Do this in exchange tab.

Step 2: To transfer BTC to another BTC address, click "Deposit/Withdraw" tab.

Step 3: Select BTC from pick list on the left.

Step 4: Click Withdraw tab, and Withdraw Now.

Step 5: Click Total BTC to populate BTC amount field (assuming you want to send all BTC balance)

Step 6: Insert destination BTC address (this BTC address would be auto selected in your next withdrawals)

Step 7: Click Confirm and system should pop out another Final Confirm in a few seconds. Note CryptoBridge commissions for transfer in BTC deducted from total transfer (not BTS). Also the final BTC transfer amount.

Step 8: Double check outgoing transfer at bottom of screen.

Step 9: Go make coffee and chillax.

NOTES:

BTS appears as house tokens for trading BTC with other coins within the exchange. Think BTS as Binance coins or Ku Coins. If you go to exchange, the have BTC, BTS pairings for trading.

Meanwhile, market price improved a bit for RVNs, sold my balance 42k RVNs for 629 sats each... nice.

I swear it was asking for 0.1 BTS to withdraw my BTC just an hour ago. It works as you said now, thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
I am just looking into Crypto-Bridge.  I like what I see so far...

I wonder if it would be a good "mine-to" location for coins like RVN that I don't want to sync a block chain for.... 
legendary

My house is down to 3200 watts of power used.  vs 5000-7000 in  the winter.

I just dropped 5500 watts or so a couple days ago - Scrypt mining profitability got low enough I turned off the A2 farm.

Still going to be ballpark 10 KW or so on mining + evaps + misc usage though.

legendary
For all the old timers. It seems like it's Summer 2014 all over again and we are mining Darkcoin on X11 algo using sgminer with our R9 280X using the same amount of power and making similiar profit as today.

More like late spring, JUST before the flood from Litecoin miners hit when the Gridseeds started getting widely deployed and killed GPU mining on Litecoin (in combination with the Litecoin price collapse).
legendary

It does not need to do that at all, ASIC's are specific to a certain algo in regards to hashpower/watt, so no ASIC manufacture can make a ASIC chip that is efficient at all 16, they are vastly different for a reason...

X11 has 11 different algorithms in it, but the original Baikal miner was quite efficient at mining X11 and also high efficiency at mining several of the component algorithms as a "seperate" thing.

FAIL logic.

So assuming the x16r came out a month ago  and bitmain / Baikal want to asic it the  timeline may be 4-6 months out at best.

But  if x16r  had a fork ready now and could fork in:

5 months  to x20r
then fork in
5 months to  x24r
then fork in
5 months to x28r

asics  would be fucked

Yup, just like the Bitmain and Baikal ASIC for Cryptonight coins will probably never make enough back to pay for themselves or even CLOSE.

But will Ravencoin fork if an ASIC does appear for it?

Pages:
Jump to: