Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 55. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 610
Merit: 265
We might be interested in 6-8 of them, but unless someone organizes a group buy to reach that 500 number.... we're not a big enough operation to even think of quantities that large.  How long of a wait would this be if an order was placed? I presume that production time, shipping, etc... would be a couple of months?

30 days to ready in Hong Kong. Add 2 weeks for shipping. My hosting clients is probably going for 500-700 combined if next gen isn't out when my new factory is ready. I will have 50-100 for sale, $145 + paypal fee +  shipping. If that happens I will pm you.

It also depends on the 1060 price in 2 months. If it's closer to msrp, might be better to go 1060s.

I will reserve 16 pieces, for 2 x 8GPU rigs. I need to do testing before committing a bigger number.

can anyone share the link to this page for the gpus?

Will pm you if cards arrive.

There is no page for it, but anyone who is interested may pm me. Earliest time we can confirm order is after GTC end march, and that's if Nvidia does not announce launch date for next gen.

Sorry for thread hijack.

When cards arrive I will make a thread, sell up to 100 or 1 week is up, then we will ship the rest for deployment.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
does anyone mine with the bitmain L3 +

If so what do you think of it?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
We might be interested in 6-8 of them, but unless someone organizes a group buy to reach that 500 number.... we're not a big enough operation to even think of quantities that large.  How long of a wait would this be if an order was placed? I presume that production time, shipping, etc... would be a couple of months?

30 days to ready in Hong Kong. Add 2 weeks for shipping. My hosting clients is probably going for 500-700 combined if next gen isn't out when my new factory is ready. I will have 50-100 for sale, $145 + paypal fee +  shipping. If that happens I will pm you.

It also depends on the 1060 price in 2 months. If it's closer to msrp, might be better to go 1060s.

I will reserve 16 pieces, for 2 x 8GPU rigs. I need to do testing before committing a bigger number.

can anyone share the link to this page for the gpus?
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
Yes brand new ones for $130. He was setting up 290s and I bought one. It's new with some scratches from shipping. Even gpus run in a filtered environment will have a tiny layer of dust, this was new as far as I can tell.

Could it be leftover chips back when AMD over ordered 290s...? who knows.

Do those undervolt easily with afterburner, or do you need to do bios mods?  I was mining before the r9 series and after the r9 series, but I don't have much experience at all with that generation of GPUs from a mining perspective.

I have a few R9 390. Their voltage can be reduced by up to 100mV with MSI afterburner. But my electricity price is high, so I mod the voltage in BIOS to reduce the voltage even more.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Yes brand new ones for $130. He was setting up 290s and I bought one. It's new with some scratches from shipping. Even gpus run in a filtered environment will have a tiny layer of dust, this was new as far as I can tell.

Do those undervolt easily with afterburner, or do you need to do bios mods?  I was mining before the r9 series and after the r9 series, but I don't have much experience at all with that generation of GPUs from a mining perspective.

Ya they undervolt up to -100mv in afterburner. However I will go for SMOS for individual gpu monitoring.
1100mhz core, 1300 mem, -100mv = 30.5mh/s

No bios mod needed

Edit: I tried to game with it. It has freezes 0.1s several times a minute at stock settings. Not something we can resell to gamers.

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
We might be interested in 6-8 of them, but unless someone organizes a group buy to reach that 500 number.... we're not a big enough operation to even think of quantities that large.  How long of a wait would this be if an order was placed? I presume that production time, shipping, etc... would be a couple of months?
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Will you guys consider R9 290s for $130 usd each? Got one for testing and it hashes well, 30.5mh/s at 161w in gpuz and -100mv (1.07v), or 33mh/s at 220w in gpuz at -20mv (1.15v). I assume they are +20% power draw at the wall.

https://ibb.co/nh3znn

Strangely all software says it's a 390 but with just 4gb of ram. My contact says he can make them with a MOQ of 500 pcs, yes new r9 290s in this day and age.

My view on the 290s is, if my new factory is ready in May but new nvidia gpus are not announced yet I will jump in for 500.

Relationship building over last month went well, another partner managed to secure 152x 1060s at $350 each for my hosting clients. It's a retail store with direct factory connections. It's good we don't need to depend on Amazon for stock from now on.

290s are good GPUs -- if not for their enormous power appetite - I will grab a couple hundred pieces :-)

The stock R9-390s that I have now are 8GBs - they are still working and really a workhorse in ZEC.

R9-390 Lite may come in 4GBs - since 390s are basically 290s with bigger memory and a few tweaks to match 290X - I am speculating - someone could confirm this since these GPUs are from during 2014-2015 R9 era (Hawaii? or Fiji? ~ maybe Nanos).

Do those undervolt easily with afterburner, or do you need to do bios mods?  I was mining before the r9 series and after the r9 series, but I don't have much experience at all with that generation of GPUs from a mining perspective.

These are brand new R9 290s for $130??? That would be a pretty good deal imo, at least for those with moderate or lower power costs.  They do ok on Equihash in addition to Ethereum...
Will you guys consider R9 290s for $130 usd each? Got one for testing and it hashes well, 30.5mh/s at 161w in gpuz and -100mv (1.07v), or 33mh/s at 220w in gpuz at -20mv (1.15v). I assume they are +20% power draw at the wall.

https://ibb.co/nh3znn

Strangely all software says it's a 390 but with just 4gb of ram. My contact says he can make them with a MOQ of 500 pcs, yes new r9 290s in this day and age.

My view on the 290s is, if my new factory is ready in May but new nvidia gpus are not announced yet I will jump in for 500.

Relationship building over last month went well, another partner managed to secure 152x 1060s at $350 each for my hosting clients. It's a retail store with direct factory connections. It's good we don't need to depend on Amazon for stock from now on.
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Has anyone had hashrates affected by CPU performance?

I have been helping my friend out on a GPU farm project of his, he owns a board game shop and in the past had 2 generic computers in the back that people would use with CCboot and HandyCafe software to charge them for the time they spent on the computers ($0.50/hr), these computers were not very powerful so most games it couldnt run past low settings and most people used them to play overwatch, but his computers were tied up 95% of the time due to school students being dropped off by parents after school and during the summer, so he wanted to expand this side of his business to increase the profits, so we setup 6 new computers with 1950x's w/ 4 x 1080ti's on each rig that he previously had mining at his home in open air mining rigs.

we found moving the GPU's over to the new motherboards, and running them on the same exact settings they previously ran at, we are seeing between 8-10% increase in total hashpower compared to previously on motherboards running cheap celeron cpu's

He is keeping the old dell computers at $0.50/hr, but placing the new rigs at $1.00/hr to see if it deters people from using them at that price or not and setting the new rigs up so they only have the most recent new games on them....

If your curious why he charges so little, its because he writes off the computers on his taxes under Section 179 and has been able to get 100% of what he spent on them back, he makes most of his money at his business from selling snacks, sodas, board games/figurenes, and card game cards....

If the Celerons were low-end single core models, I could see some potential for driver + Windows overhead choking performance a bit.

I thought about doing sometime similar back when I ran a "place to play games" in Indianapolis, but never had enough money to invest into the idea.

Ya its a huge investment upfront, but he is offsetting a lot of it with mining income on those rigs when they are not in use for gaming. The first time he mentioned he only gets 0.50/hr i was like that is a rip, how do you keep your doors open like that, but he mentioned that typically he will profit around $150-200 just in snacks and sodas per a day from the board gamers and computer gamer crowds
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Has anyone had hashrates affected by CPU performance?

I have been helping my friend out on a GPU farm project of his, he owns a board game shop and in the past had 2 generic computers in the back that people would use with CCboot and HandyCafe software to charge them for the time they spent on the computers ($0.50/hr), these computers were not very powerful so most games it couldnt run past low settings and most people used them to play overwatch, but his computers were tied up 95% of the time due to school students being dropped off by parents after school and during the summer, so he wanted to expand this side of his business to increase the profits, so we setup 6 new computers with 1950x's w/ 4 x 1080ti's on each rig that he previously had mining at his home in open air mining rigs.

we found moving the GPU's over to the new motherboards, and running them on the same exact settings they previously ran at, we are seeing between 8-10% increase in total hashpower compared to previously on motherboards running cheap celeron cpu's

He is keeping the old dell computers at $0.50/hr, but placing the new rigs at $1.00/hr to see if it deters people from using them at that price or not and setting the new rigs up so they only have the most recent new games on them....

If your curious why he charges so little, its because he writes off the computers on his taxes under Section 179 and has been able to get 100% of what he spent on them back, he makes most of his money at his business from selling snacks, sodas, board games/figurenes, and card game cards....

If the Celerons were low-end single core models, I could see some potential for driver + Windows overhead choking performance a bit.

I thought about doing sometime similar back when I ran a "place to play games" in Indianapolis, but never had enough money to invest into the idea.

legendary

Ya the server route is super useful, i did away with using the cheap Chinese cables.. had to many run super warm due to loose connections, not looking for another melted connector event to occur.... i have gone to soldering everything except for the ends that plug into the GPU's, i bought a bulk amount of pcie connectors and pins for those connections and i solder each pin on instead of just crimping them on... my last build i did, i used breakout boards that i soldered the wires to the pins on the breakout board and ran the wires to wiring blocks, then to all the connections, even ran the extra 12v computer fans off the 12v power of the server psu that route for a while. ever since i switch to securing everything better, i have had way way less issues using the risers now.. between using strips of wood clamping the gpu to the riser and hot glue on every connection.. the random lockups and restarts kinda went away.

If you're not flexing the cables a lot, crimp + solder is a GOOD idea.

If you ARE flexing the cables a lot, the solder will tend to break eventually and can cause issues, but that should not be the case in a GPU rig - we're talking typically many thousands of lifetime flexes, not a dozen or less for install + occasional troubleshooting.

legendary
Hey, Just an update.

Ive been getting the XMR side of my batch set up, and am 2/3 done syncing the blockchain, to see if I can add the CPU side as well (using the command-line version of the wallet daemon)...  I figured nanopool is the smartest and most used choice; so it will be the only supported pool until the demand for others or more configurability is needed from the masses when I finish the batch.  Hopefully if the monero thing goes as I hope it will, you may be able to add the option for mining XMR directly to your own wallet instead of a pool.  Should be simple I would think.  The hard part will be people installing the wallet and knowing what port/IP to put into my config files.

Next will come the ETH side;   Would you guys prefer I use claymore or another app for the RX cards?  (does DTSM[DSTM?] support AMD?)  I plan to add support for the equihash port on zpool to begin with.

XMR-Stak - don't wast time with any wallet "miner".
DSTM is ZEC not ETH - not sure if it supports AMD as I'm not mining (currently) with any of my AMD cards except part-time on the Vega (it replaced one of my Aorus 1080 ti cards in my "gaming" system).

As an update to my upcomming "Mark 2" shelf design, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zrfLmpqX4lfY_l4tMxriiZoWb4ZNYfSQ/view?usp=sharing which is where that Aorus (and my 2 others) went.
It's a special setup due to the huge size of the AORUS cards and their high power draw compared to most of my cards.
The power supply is short enough it would normally be mounted all the way to the left and still clear the "support" shelves, but the AORUS is long enough the right card needed extra clearance.

Basic idea is I redesigned the shelf support structure to be free-standing, then the shelves just slide in and out - and I added a 7'th "special rig" shelf.

Basic concept electrically is still to feed one "shelf unit" from a NEMA 14-30 drop cord (or functional equivalent), run 6 rigs split between 3 15-amp 117 VAC circuits (limited to appx. 6 amps per rig), then run a 7'th "high power" rig on the same circuit with the fans/LAN switch/monitor/Small LED-type or compact flourescent light.

Balance between the "hot" legs won't be quite as good as on the original 6 shelf design, but it uses more of the circuit without overdrawing it and the imbalance should be less than 3 amps with the fans on low (less if I have to crank the fans up at all).

It also gives me a place to put my current "high power" cards and lets me add more (like Vega cards) in the future for "special projects" or "special usages".

I'm figuring on having the first actual "rack unit" put together sometime this week, got all the boards cut for it just gotta put it together - not sure if I'm going to go ahead and wire it, but probably (I have a spare panel and plenty of spare outlets to use).
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Quote from: storx

I can completely turn off any 1 of the 3 PSU's while the rig is mining and it will not skip a beat and continue mining shifting the load to the other psu's

So, only one power cable for the psu in the middle ? or all? for what aim in the end ?

No, you will overload the cable if all those GPU's end up trying to draw power through a single cable.
example on my 1200watt psu rigs, 6 x 1080ti's
3 cables to 3 x GPU's from PSU 1
3 cables to PSU 2 from PSU 1
3 cables to 3 x GPU's from PSU 3
3 cables to PSU 2 from PSU 3

So i have 6 cables running from the spare PSU daisy chaining the 2 other PSU's

I ordered this style breakout board from aliexpress for $1.90ea, i bought 50 of them at the time

I have boatloads of this BB and they are compatible with the Delta 2400w server PSU too, which made life easier in the farm.

There are also variants of these breakout board, which has a "on/off" switch - I prefer these types (I use both types).

These types are useful during troubling shooting and avoid physical power off at wall.

I have attempted the 19 GPU riser-powered rig using the Asus Mining Expert 19 GPU mobo, with 8xP106s and 11x470s (and 11x1060s), it took 2 x Deltas to work and exceeds 14A out of my 20A rail. I have dismantled these rigs due to power draw and limited power supply in the warehouse. To do hi-density rigs like this (for a farm) and the one Phil is evaluating, a better cabling and power planning is required, IMHO.

In the long run, this will be great for highest density, useful in farms. However, I have standardized 6 and 8-slot riser-less mobos in both my GPU  farms.

Maybe, in the 3rd GPU farm project, I will go for ultra-density and that will need custom cabling and redo my power setup.

For now, my group's investments in 2018 are all ASICs... but that's another story all together.

Ya the server route is super useful, i did away with using the cheap Chinese cables.. had to many run super warm due to loose connections, not looking for another melted connector event to occur.... i have gone to soldering everything except for the ends that plug into the GPU's, i bought a bulk amount of pcie connectors and pins for those connections and i solder each pin on instead of just crimping them on... my last build i did, i used breakout boards that i soldered the wires to the pins on the breakout board and ran the wires to wiring blocks, then to all the connections, even ran the extra 12v computer fans off the 12v power of the server psu that route for a while. ever since i switch to securing everything better, i have had way way less issues using the risers now.. between using strips of wood clamping the gpu to the riser and hot glue on every connection.. the random lockups and restarts kinda went away.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

I was think of getting a few asics.  I sold every s-9 I sold all the avalon 741's

My group snagged the last few "hundred" A741s at 800$ each before they raised the price to 2.x k for the new A821s.

I had to replace a few fans on the A741s, and Canaan shipped me a generous quantity with DHL to Labrador at their cost.

I think they are getting rid of old inventory.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Quote from: storx

I can completely turn off any 1 of the 3 PSU's while the rig is mining and it will not skip a beat and continue mining shifting the load to the other psu's

So, only one power cable for the psu in the middle ? or all? for what aim in the end ?

No, you will overload the cable if all those GPU's end up trying to draw power through a single cable.
example on my 1200watt psu rigs, 6 x 1080ti's
3 cables to 3 x GPU's from PSU 1
3 cables to PSU 2 from PSU 1
3 cables to 3 x GPU's from PSU 3
3 cables to PSU 2 from PSU 3

So i have 6 cables running from the spare PSU daisy chaining the 2 other PSU's

I ordered this style breakout board from aliexpress for $1.90ea, i bought 50 of them at the time

I have boatloads of this BB and they are compatible with the Delta 2400w server PSU too, which made life easier in the farm.

There are also variants of these breakout board, which has a "on/off" switch - I prefer these types (I use both types).

These types are useful during troubling shooting and avoid physical power off at wall.

I have attempted the 19 GPU riser-powered rig using the Asus Mining Expert 19 GPU mobo, with 8xP106s and 11x470s (and 11x1060s), it took 2 x Deltas to work and exceeds 14A out of my 20A rail. I have dismantled these rigs due to power draw and limited power supply in the warehouse. To do hi-density rigs like this (for a farm) and the one Phil is evaluating, a better cabling and power planning is required, IMHO.

In the long run, this will be great for highest density, useful in farms. However, I have standardized 6 and 8-slot riser-less mobos in both my GPU  farms.

Maybe, in the 3rd GPU farm project, I will go for ultra-density and that will need custom cabling and redo my power setup.

For now, my group's investments in 2018 are all ASICs... but that's another story all together.

I was think of getting a few asics.  I sold every s-9 I sold all the avalon 741's
Pages:
Jump to: