Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 56. (Read 34166 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Quote from: storx

I can completely turn off any 1 of the 3 PSU's while the rig is mining and it will not skip a beat and continue mining shifting the load to the other psu's

So, only one power cable for the psu in the middle ? or all? for what aim in the end ?

No, you will overload the cable if all those GPU's end up trying to draw power through a single cable.
example on my 1200watt psu rigs, 6 x 1080ti's
3 cables to 3 x GPU's from PSU 1
3 cables to PSU 2 from PSU 1
3 cables to 3 x GPU's from PSU 3
3 cables to PSU 2 from PSU 3

So i have 6 cables running from the spare PSU daisy chaining the 2 other PSU's

I ordered this style breakout board from aliexpress for $1.90ea, i bought 50 of them at the time

I have boatloads of this BB and they are compatible with the Delta 2400w server PSU too, which made life easier in the farm.

There are also variants of these breakout board, which has a "on/off" switch - I prefer these types (I use both types).

These types are useful during troubling shooting and avoid physical power off at wall.

I have attempted the 19 GPU riser-powered rig using the Asus Mining Expert 19 GPU mobo, with 8xP106s and 11x470s (and 11x1060s), it took 2 x Deltas to work and exceeds 14A out of my 20A rail. I have dismantled these rigs due to power draw and limited power supply in the warehouse. To do hi-density rigs like this (for a farm) and the one Phil is evaluating, a better cabling and power planning is required, IMHO.

In the long run, this will be great for highest density, useful in farms. However, I have standardized 6 and 8-slot riser-less mobos in both my GPU  farms.

Maybe, in the 3rd GPU farm project, I will go for ultra-density and that will need custom cabling and redo my power setup.

For now, my group's investments in 2018 are all ASICs... but that's another story all together.
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Has anyone had hashrates affected by CPU performance?

I have been helping my friend out on a GPU farm project of his, he owns a board game shop and in the past had 2 generic computers in the back that people would use with CCboot and HandyCafe software to charge them for the time they spent on the computers ($0.50/hr), these computers were not very powerful so most games it couldnt run past low settings and most people used them to play overwatch, but his computers were tied up 95% of the time due to school students being dropped off by parents after school and during the summer, so he wanted to expand this side of his business to increase the profits, so we setup 6 new computers with 1950x's w/ 4 x 1080ti's on each rig that he previously had mining at his home in open air mining rigs.

we found moving the GPU's over to the new motherboards, and running them on the same exact settings they previously ran at, we are seeing between 8-10% increase in total hashpower compared to previously on motherboards running cheap celeron cpu's

He is keeping the old dell computers at $0.50/hr, but placing the new rigs at $1.00/hr to see if it deters people from using them at that price or not and setting the new rigs up so they only have the most recent new games on them....

If your curious why he charges so little, its because he writes off the computers on his taxes under Section 179 and has been able to get 100% of what he spent on them back, he makes most of his money at his business from selling snacks, sodas, board games/figurenes, and card game cards....

Okay I assume win10 .

I assume msi afterburner

so stock setting for msi is sample every 1000 micro seconds or 1 time a second or 60 per minute.  4 cards and about 20 readouts for each card.

so 4 x 20 x 60 = 4800 tasks every minute for that celeron  it slows down the cpu.

the 1950x laughs at that.

still go into msi afterburner setting to the monitor page and set the sample to 12000  so the cpu does

4 x 20 x 5 = 400  less work for the cpu the msi graph show up slower  but still works and the cpu has less work.

someone told me this on the autominer.at review thread and this really help lagging and did boost the hash a bit

Nope, no MSI afterburner, Nvidia Inspector
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

I have been helping my friend out on a GPU farm project of his, he owns a board game shop and in the past had 2 generic computers in the back that people would use with CCboot and HandyCafe software to charge them for the time they spent on the computers ($0.50/hr), these computers were not very powerful so most games it couldnt run past low settings and most people used them to play overwatch, but his computers were tied up 95% of the time due to school students being dropped off by parents after school and during the summer, so he wanted to expand this side of his business to increase the profits, so we setup 6 new computers with 1950x's w/ 4 x 1080ti's on each rig that he previously had mining at his home in open air mining rigs.

we found moving the GPU's over to the new motherboards, and running them on the same exact settings they previously ran at, we are seeing between 8-10% increase in total hashpower compared to previously on motherboards running cheap celeron cpu's

He is keeping the old dell computers at $0.50/hr, but placing the new rigs at $1.00/hr to see if it deters people from using them at that price or not and setting the new rigs up so they only have the most recent new games on them....

If your curious why he charges so little, its because he writes off the computers on his taxes under Section 179 and has been able to get 100% of what he spent on them back, he makes most of his money at his business from selling snacks, sodas, board games/figurenes, and card game cards....

Okay I assume win10 .

I assume msi afterburner

so stock setting for msi is sample every 1000 micro seconds or 1 time a second or 60 per minute.  4 cards and about 20 readouts for each card.

so 4 x 20 x 60 = 4800 tasks every minute for that celeron  it slows down the cpu.

the 1950x laughs at that.

still go into msi afterburner setting to the monitor page and set the sample to 12000  so the cpu does

4 x 20 x 5 = 400  less work for the cpu the msi graph show up slower  but still works and the cpu has less work.

someone told me this on the autominer.at review thread and this really help lagging and did boost the hash a bit

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Hey, Just an update.

Ive been getting the XMR side of my batch set up, and am 2/3 done syncing the blockchain, to see if I can add the CPU side as well (using the command-line version of the wallet daemon)...  I figured nanopool is the smartest and most used choice; so it will be the only supported pool until the demand for others or more configurability is needed from the masses when I finish the batch.  Hopefully if the monero thing goes as I hope it will, you may be able to add the option for mining XMR directly to your own wallet instead of a pool.  Should be simple I would think.  The hard part will be people installing the wallet and knowing what port/IP to put into my config files.

Next will come the ETH side;   Would you guys prefer I use claymore or another app for the RX cards?  (does DTSM[DSTM?] support AMD?)  I plan to add support for the equihash port on zpool to begin with.

I think i've found a version of Sgminer that covers most algos that zpool uses... havent tested it yet because I am doing an XMR 2 day stability test with the version of claymore that I am running presently; while the blockchain downloads.

I plan to add an old pre-windows-esqe menu system to my batch; to select and configure options as necessary; as well as enable/disable algos, display statistics, etc.

I'm trying to get the AMD support done as fast as I can.  I don't wanna deprive you of your card for longer than necessary.
Quote from: storx

I can completely turn off any 1 of the 3 PSU's while the rig is mining and it will not skip a beat and continue mining shifting the load to the other psu's

So, only one power cable for the psu in the middle ? or all? for what aim in the end ?

No, you will overload the cable if all those GPU's end up trying to draw power through a single cable.
example on my 1200watt psu rigs, 6 x 1080ti's
3 cables to 3 x GPU's from PSU 1
3 cables to PSU 2 from PSU 1
3 cables to 3 x GPU's from PSU 3
3 cables to PSU 2 from PSU 3

So i have 6 cables running from the spare PSU daisy chaining the 2 other PSU's

I ordered this style breakout board from aliexpress for $1.90ea, i bought 50 of them at the time

legendary
Looks like they're gone :/

yep they flew out
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
Looks like they're gone :/
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Newegg has a sale right now on a couple Gigabyte "refub" cards - 480 2-fan Windforce and 1070 3-fan Windforce models.

They're cheap enough by CURRENT pricing that it's worth it even though you PLAN to have to replace the fans a few months to a year down the road.

I'd not have mentioned it except I'm SURE they will be out of stock by the time my "48 hour wait to order more" runs out. 9-)

legendary
hey did anyone hold trx it seems to be doing well

Just sold off 25% of my holding in TRX at Binance at 21% bump up - not bad for todays work. Thanks Bittrex for getting TRX on board.
Expect more volume for TRX, and best to get some of this while its under 10 cents.

good  I have small amount  1300 of them

I made a bit.

BTC has shifted over 11,000

After selling a lot of gear.  I find myself  holding a decent amount of btc.

I am hoping to sell some of it to pay for the Kia Forte 2018 I purchased yesterday.

Last 4-5 months have been good to me.

I almost have sold every card except the hybrids.

I am getting this beast on tues it ships tomorrow.
I now have the  space and power for it in the garage.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Just sold off 25% of my holding in TRX at Binance at 21% bump up - not bad for todays work. Thanks Bittrex for getting TRX on board.
Expect more volume for TRX, and best to get some of this while its under 10 cents.
legendary
legendary
February 28, 2018, 10:52:02 PM
Phil are you getting rid of anymore mining motherboards?

I have some. Let me check.

I have 1 new in box Gigabyte B250m-gaming 3
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813145007

I have a used gigabyte ga-z270-hd3
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128974

I have a used gigabyte aorus ga-z270x-gaming k5
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128966

I have a used gigabyte ga-b250-hd3
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128988

I have a used biostar racing z170gt7
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA85V62U4795

all of the above should work.  although the new one is just that new never tested.

the other 4 all worked right before they came off line.

3 suspect boards

I have a used biostar racing z170gt7
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA85V62U4795

I pulled one filled sized pcie off the board  never bothered with it after that I suspect it could be repaired.

an asrock h81 pro btc  always had trouble getting this to work perfectly gave up trying but it would do 3 and 4 cards okay fail on 5 and 6

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA85V6WD4039

an older board a msi z77a-gd65

2 sticks of ram and a cpu  come with it

https://ark.intel.com/products/71073
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6393S49288
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-Z77A-GD65-LGA-1155-Intel-Motherboard-Clean-and-Works-Great/282862348922?
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
February 28, 2018, 10:02:28 PM
Phil are you getting rid of anymore mining motherboards?
legendary
February 28, 2018, 08:20:55 PM
I am sooo tempted to buy that D8p and a 1080 from you;  but I really need to keep biting my tongue and wait for the press release in a few days/weeks about the new generation of hardware.......

Ill be left with one last GTX960 shortly; and at home that will leave me with just it plus my 1070 until I buy more cards.....

the damaged d8p is gone

The fully good asus is gone

One asus with funky fan repair  is left.

I am looking to ship 3 asus.
And two mobos .

They are sold.

I’m down to 14 hybrids.
Three omen PCs
3 other 1080tis.

I will need to shift a lot to have a proper testing area for the 16 gpu rig.

I will test it in my garage and at the solar array

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
February 28, 2018, 07:48:29 PM
I am sooo tempted to buy that D8p and a 1080 from you;  but I really need to keep biting my tongue and wait for the press release in a few days/weeks about the new generation of hardware.......

Ill be left with one last GTX960 shortly; and at home that will leave me with just it plus my 1070 until I buy more cards.....
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
February 28, 2018, 02:43:54 PM
https://news.bitcoin.com/report-crypto-miners-bought-3-million-gpus-last-year/

"....More than 3 million graphics cards have been sold to cryptocurrency miners in 2017, with sales reaching $776 million, a new report revealed. According to a major manufacturer, prices of GPUs will continue to increase in 2018, despite expectations of decreasing demand in the mining sector.  ..."

More like 6 million, perhaps as high as 7, is my estimate - but I also estimate that 75% more or less of those were AMD.

Vs over 50 million discrete GPUs sold in 2017 total, noticeably but not a BIG factor especially on the Nvidia side.

2017 4Q saw the FIRST year-vs-year increase for the quarter, and IIRC 2017 as a whole saw a tiny increase, both for the first time in several years, on PC sales in general - and most reports included commentary that "high end" and "gaming type" systems saw a bigger jump.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
February 28, 2018, 02:41:14 PM
"prices of GPUs will continue to increase in 2018, despite expectations of decreasing demand in the mining sector.  ..."
-.-
Some of the retailers are really milking it too. Some are feeling self-righteous by only allowing you to buy one GPU citing pesky crypto-miners ruining it for gamers... yet they still charge 100% premium on said GPUs. Gotta love'em eh.

Every gamer I know and I know lots of them, mines while they sleep.

the real winner here is Bitmain, 4b revenue is 1b higher than NVIDIA's 3b - I find it amazing.... that explains Bitmain's intention to get listed.
legendary
February 28, 2018, 02:38:34 PM
"prices of GPUs will continue to increase in 2018, despite expectations of decreasing demand in the mining sector.  ..."
-.-
Some of the retailers are really milking it too. Some are feeling self-righteous by only allowing you to buy one GPU citing pesky crypto-miners ruining it for gamers... yet they still charge 100% premium on said GPUs. Gotta love'em eh.

Every gamer I know and I know lots of them, mines while they sleep.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
February 28, 2018, 02:08:24 PM
-.-
Pages:
Jump to: