Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 54. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
Huh that prices is fantastic minus the wattage.. might be what pushes me to upgrading my main panel if I can get my hands on some.

Then again ROI for new gear at the moment is pretty shitty..
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Since this thread is about the legacy r9 290s.

What do you guys mine with the Elpida memory ones?

ZEC seems to hang the system even at stock settings.

ETH is good at 29mh/s but very difficult to undervolt and maintain stability.

I run 1100 core, 1300mem, -100mv in afterburner. Voltage after undervolt is about 1.07v. This gives 30.6mh/s, about 190w and is rock stable.
They can be pushed to 1200core at -20mv (1.15v) for 33mh/s but it's almost 250w.

What are your settings for 29mh/s?

We plan to keep cards below 200w, this way 7 of them can be run in an Onda 8 gpu case with 1600w psu. The rig cost is a significant portion of the entire system, makes sense to run 7 rather than just 6 at higher hash rates.

How did you measure your power output? In GPUz or from the wall?

Mine at 1000/1250 runs at around 1.03V but measures from the wall its way over 220 watts or so.

Your wattage seems very low.

GPUz says 160w for 1100/1300, 1.07v. I'm not sure how much it actually is, I just assume +20% for now. If it's 220w it's troublesome, have to buy more rig cases and do 6 gpu/rig. Need to measure with a wattmeter when I get back to the farm.

You guys are tempting me to go find a 290X and 2 x 290s in the store room (got them used in 2015) - it will be nice to have 1 loud rig at the corner in the warehouse (being nostalgic here)

On another note, I manage to get the lease for another section of the warehouse, so at least another 24-30 rigs in the making... at 145$ with shipping, this is a feasible 30x8GPU project with a reasonable ROI.

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

I run 1100 core, 1300mem, -100mv in afterburner. Voltage after undervolt is about 1.07v. This gives 30.6mh/s, about 190w and is rock stable.
They can be pushed to 1200core at -20mv (1.15v) for 33mh/s but it's almost 250w.

We plan to keep cards below 200w, this way 7 of them can be run in an Onda 8 gpu case with 1600w psu. The rig cost is a significant portion of the entire system, makes sense to run 7 rather than just 6 at higher hash rates.

Mine at 1000/1250 runs at around 1.03V but measures from the wall its way over 220 watts or so.

GPUz says 160w for 1100/1300, 1.07v. I'm not sure how much it actually is, I just assume +20% for now. If it's 220w it's troublesome, have to buy more rig cases and do 6 gpu/rig. Need to measure with a wattmeter when I get back to the farm.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
What's the best ROI video card out there?  Still a BIOS modded rx580?  4 GB for better ROI 8 GB for better future proof?

Found out I may be able to run up to 8 GPUs on my home computer.  GB z170x-UD3
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
We might be interested in 6-8 of them, but unless someone organizes a group buy to reach that 500 number.... we're not a big enough operation to even think of quantities that large.  How long of a wait would this be if an order was placed? I presume that production time, shipping, etc... would be a couple of months?

30 days to ready in Hong Kong. Add 2 weeks for shipping. My hosting clients is probably going for 500-700 combined if next gen isn't out when my new factory is ready. I will have 50-100 for sale, $145 + paypal fee +  shipping. If that happens I will pm you.

It also depends on the 1060 price in 2 months. If it's closer to msrp, might be better to go 1060s.

I don't know where we will be as far as available space/power in 2 months, but as long as the prices on current GPUs stays high we can be penciled in for 6 of the R9 290s.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Yes brand new ones for $130. He was setting up 290s and I bought one. It's new with some scratches from shipping. Even gpus run in a filtered environment will have a tiny layer of dust, this was new as far as I can tell.

Could it be leftover chips back when AMD over ordered 290s...? who knows.

Do those undervolt easily with afterburner, or do you need to do bios mods?  I was mining before the r9 series and after the r9 series, but I don't have much experience at all with that generation of GPUs from a mining perspective.

I believe you need to do BIOS mod - but I don't run mine on Windows so not sure.
The Stilt made a series of modded BIOS for these for use with Litecoin/Scrypt mining, those BIOS do a very good job of dropping power usage and allowing for a lot more overclock or a lot lower temperatures.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Grabbed a few L3's

With the 200 dollar coupon  1296 price is pretty good.

That's a great buy and possibly a great resell price too

L3+ are good for long term ASICS to get them LTCs or convert to BTCs

I see them for 1700   https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pair-of-antminer-l3-with-escrow-3400-3062836

plus shipping  so 1750
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Grabbed a few L3's

With the 200 dollar coupon  1296 price is pretty good.

That's a great buy and possibly a great resell price too

L3+ are good for long term ASICS to get them LTCs or convert to BTCs

legendary
Grabbed a few L3's

With the 200 dollar coupon  1296 price is pretty good.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
does anyone mine with the bitmain L3 +

If so what do you think of it?

My group has a modest farm of 20 x L3+ and 6 x A4 -- total hash of around 11GHs (small sized farm)

Bottomline, its profitable (mining direct and rentals ~ NH and MRR) and ranked second only after S9s in the farm.

Giant-B and X13/X15 Baikal farm at best 3rd in the ranking.

The group wants to expand on the Scrypt farm in 2017 but we didnt get a good deal from Bitmain, so we put the project on hold and bought more A741s instead.

How many members are in your group?  What's a rough estimation of your hashpower overall... if you don't mind divulging this info.  I'm really just curious.

...the private group consist of us retired old farts, mining & trading since 2015, we have a lot of gear, the 4PH SHA256 farm keeps the wheels turning...
Activity: 700
Merit: 294

My group has a modest farm of 20 x L3+ and 6 x A4 -- total hash of around 11GHs (small sized farm)

Bottomline, its profitable (mining direct and rentals ~ NH and MRR) and ranked second only after S9s in the farm.

The group wants to expand on the Scrypt farm in 2017 but we didnt get a good deal from Bitmain, so we put the project on hold and bought more A741s instead.

How many members are in your group?  What's a rough estimation of your hashpower overall... if you don't mind divulging this info.  I'm really just curious.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Yes brand new ones for $130. He was setting up 290s and I bought one. It's new with some scratches from shipping. Even gpus run in a filtered environment will have a tiny layer of dust, this was new as far as I can tell.

Could it be leftover chips back when AMD over ordered 290s...? who knows.

Do those undervolt easily with afterburner, or do you need to do bios mods?  I was mining before the r9 series and after the r9 series, but I don't have much experience at all with that generation of GPUs from a mining perspective.

I have a few R9 390. Their voltage can be reduced by up to 100mV with MSI afterburner. But my electricity price is high, so I mod the voltage in BIOS to reduce the voltage even more.

Can you share your 390 custom roms?

I kept my 390 rigs (circa 2015) and they are still humming and working hard on ZEC. AB undervolted on Windows, soon to migrate to SMOS - if I can get custom rom for them.

These rigs have sentimental value to me because this modest 1GH ETH farm started mining around Nov 2015 and a big contributor to ETH treasure chest.

R9s 290/390s are still great for several algos due to their high core count and massive onboard memory.
legendary

The 504MH L3+ miner is currently the defacto Scrypt miner - tried and tested, and robust too in handling multi-coin mining. No RMAs so far, but I believe we got a good batch.

They are other companies doing 1GH and beyond using FPGAs but they are really unknowns and have not got a good sales track record.

A little bird shared with us that Innosilicon may come up with something bigger and better vs the L3+ but its all speculation again (not to be confused with the fused A4s bundle).

For 2018 and beyond, our radar is on Scrypt mining very closely because of profitability of the Scrypt coins.

The 2018 ASICS strategy - putting ASIC vs GPUs debate aside and avoiding AMD-NVIDIA dramas, simply because 1 ASICS = several dozens of GPUs = higher BTC accumulation -- as long as we dont have X11/D3 disaster anytime soon.

Yes, I admit that the LBRY, SIA and DCR has now been pulverized by Giant X10 & Bs, and A3s....
.... but the high price to acquire these miners has created a tall barrier of entry and the influx of too many miners and GHs may have neutralized the situation.

Well next 6 months  we make the most of the solar array's power  we can do 18kwatts  for free.

The L3+ uses around 800-900 watts this may be good for us at the array.  We can go to 18kwatts  and be 'free' beyond  that  cost is 16 cents. If I get 5 dragonmints  that is 6000 watts 3 s9's is 4200 watts  we have 28 1080tis that is  5600 watts.  This gets us to 15800 watts  which means 2 or 3 more L3+  and we are at 18000 watts.

So

5x DragonMint    6000 watts
3x s9s                4200 watts
28 1080tis          5600 watts
 3  L3's               2400 watts

total 18200 watts

So far  the newer bigger array is bogged down  with government rules and regulations.  It is a six acre tract of land  which would allow  2 acre array stage 1  then in a year or 2  up to a 4 acre array.  4 acres of panels  would give us 50-70 kwatts of 'free' power. 

It would be nice to get these arrays added  but that is forum member buysolar's  line of work.  I try to mange the power he gets me to keep risk low  and profits high. We did really well in Nov, Dec 2017 and even in Jan  , Feb 2018

We made most profit mining in Nov, Dec 2017
We made most profit selling gear in Jan, Feb 2018

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

The 504MH L3+ miner is currently the defacto Scrypt miner - tried and tested, and robust too in handling multi-coin mining. No RMAs so far, but I believe we got a good batch.

They are other companies doing 1GH and beyond using FPGAs but they are really unknowns and have not got a good sales track record.

A little bird shared with us that Innosilicon may come up with something bigger and better vs the L3+ but its all speculation again (not to be confused with the fused A4s bundle).

For 2018 and beyond, our radar is on Scrypt mining very closely because of profitability of the Scrypt coins.

The 2018 ASICS strategy - putting ASIC vs GPUs debate aside and avoiding AMD-NVIDIA dramas, simply because 1 ASICS = several dozens of GPUs = higher BTC accumulation -- as long as we dont have X11/D3 disaster anytime soon.

Yes, I admit that the LBRY, SIA and DCR has now been pulverized by Giant X10 & Bs, and A3s....
.... but the high price to acquire these miners has created a tall barrier of entry and the influx of too many miners and GHs may have neutralized the situation.

legendary
For any of you NiceHashers, what is a 1080Ti earning now, per day?

3-4 at equihash
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
For any of you NiceHashers, what is a 1080Ti earning now, per day?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
We might be interested in 6-8 of them, but unless someone organizes a group buy to reach that 500 number.... we're not a big enough operation to even think of quantities that large.  How long of a wait would this be if an order was placed? I presume that production time, shipping, etc... would be a couple of months?

30 days to ready in Hong Kong. Add 2 weeks for shipping. My hosting clients is probably going for 500-700 combined if next gen isn't out when my new factory is ready. I will have 50-100 for sale, $145 + paypal fee +  shipping. If that happens I will pm you.

It also depends on the 1060 price in 2 months. If it's closer to msrp, might be better to go 1060s.

I will reserve 16 pieces, for 2 x 8GPU rigs. I need to do testing before committing a bigger number.

can anyone share the link to this page for the gpus?

Will pm you if cards arrive.

There is no page for it, but anyone who is interested may pm me. Earliest time we can confirm order is after GTC end march, and that's if Nvidia does not announce launch date for next gen.

Sorry for thread hijack.

please do!!
if they do come in would like to grab 5-10 for tests
Pages:
Jump to: