Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 70. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 3
February 08, 2018, 09:24:15 PM

That pdu has 4 jacks each one uses c19 to c20 cables.

Each jack can handle 12 amps . But the master circuit is 24 amps.

If your psu are 240 volt and use c19 to c20 you can do four of them . Each one can pull 1350 watts no issue.

So a eight card 1070 rig set to 120 watts a card will pull 1050 watts. Using 4200.
That is 32 1070 set to 80% tdp.

No extension bar limits you to four psus but if you set to 120 watts you are all good

If you push to 135 watts or 90% for each card

It is 1170 a rig.  That is 4680 watts

Stupid question, In both your previous post, your calculation did target 5400Watts almost and why is that so?

I know with a 30A is derated 24A to avoid overloading the socket, hence why people opt for the 240V to create room for the maximum amount of rigs or GPU's. Please kindly clarify any information I might have misunderstood.

So are you implying that I can't use all the available wattage on the 24A PDU, because on a 30A circuit the 24A PDU is derated already to give room for the 80% max load on the circuit. I may be wrong 100%, I'm just trying to learn about as much as a can when it comes to Mining and its best electrical practices.

On a side note, I found a similar PDU with 6 C19 outlet, where each bank of 2 outlet can support up to 13A. Here's the link for the PDU

https://www.ebay.com/p/HP-Power-Distribution-Unit-Module-24a-Intelligent-Modular-PDU-Contr-572203-001/10011378865?iid=272816280678&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D47301%26meid%3D70b29b8d2f644b6f85250c29274cfaff%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D192343684408%26itm%3D272816280678&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

My hopes is to find a way to use almost all the wattage I  an get from the 24A 240V and if that would mean going for a PDU that's 30A 240V but derated to 24A as long as let's me use 23.8A, that would be totally cool. I don't have more that one of that 30A 240V in my apartment, so I'll definitely like to leave as less on the table for waste out of the 24A that's the safety limits.

My PSU's are EVGA, I read in your fifth thread that they'll take either 120 or 240. Also, trying to work out how i can fit the HP or Dell Server PSU in a 4u case rather than standard ATX PSU, suggestions are welcome and needed.  
Activity: 284
Merit: 102
February 08, 2018, 05:13:31 PM
What's a good way to monitor 4 rigs that are running Windows 10 mining Zcash at flypool?

I had two of the 4 go down yesterday (restarted apparently) and I didn't notice until today.  Flypool had a beta feature where they'd email you but that doesn't seem to work.

I use FLypool and i have no problem with their alerting email feature,.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
February 08, 2018, 05:08:46 PM
What's a good way to monitor 4 rigs that are running Windows 10 mining Zcash at flypool?

I had two of the 4 go down yesterday (restarted apparently) and I didn't notice until today.  Flypool had a beta feature where they'd email you but that doesn't seem to work.

Put worker names on them, or EthMonitor.

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
February 08, 2018, 03:37:31 PM

AwesomeMiner
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
February 08, 2018, 03:34:30 PM

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
February 08, 2018, 02:06:41 PM

Okay  You can do 20 1080ti's set to 200 watts of tdp and pull 4000 +say 500 = 4500 watts

my 6 card 1080ti rigs do 1275 watts so 4 go on a good 30 amp  240 volt pdu. and pull about 5200 watts.

the 7898 is 3 phase 208 volt not good.

the 9560 is designed for 120 volt  it has a circuit breaker  I would not try to run 240 volts as I do not know what the circuit breaker is rated for.

try to get this unit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-EO4501-Modular-Power-Distribution-Unit-228481-002-24A-200-240VAC/152870314174?

with this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-572210-001-Power-Distribution-Unit-PDU-Extension-Bar-Dumb-Stick-5-Outlet-C13/273043986093?

I really appreciate your feedback and guidance always. So I see you talked about the 1080ti's, did you just use them as a reference for capacity to wattage calculation. Though, I know most, if not all of your GPU rigs are now 1080ti waterblock. You run a bigger farm and have been doing this for years.Right now, I'm interested in the best Sol to Wattage ratio and also maximizing my budget. I have only been doing this for 8 months now and everything is paid for with savings so far, so I want to be careful.

With 20 1080ti at 200 watt TDP, that's running at 100% and total 4000watt and 500watt overhead for Mobo, CPU, Risers and other components in a rig, like you said 4500watt which still give me room for another rig that's about 1100watt in total, assuming my calculation is right.

24A x 240V = 5760.

Tried to pick up the Ebay linked products but the actual PDU was gone but search and found the same model, with the extension bar that's still below $100 without considering shipping or Tax. But, I don't think I would be needing an extension, why did you recommend that?

Thank you so much for taking time to respond, very well appreciated.

That pdu has 4 jacks each one uses c19 to c20 cables.

Each jack can handle 12 amps . But the master circuit is 24 amps.

If your psu are 240 volt and use c19 to c20 you can do four of them . Each one can pull 1350 watts no issue.

So a eight card 1070 rig set to 120 watts a card will pull 1050 watts. Using 4200.
That is 32 1070 set to 80% tdp.

No extension bar limits you to four psus but if you set to 120 watts you are all good

If you push to 135 watts or 90% for each card

It is 1170 a rig.  That is 4680 watts
February 08, 2018, 03:59:54 AM

Okay  You can do 20 1080ti's set to 200 watts of tdp and pull 4000 +say 500 = 4500 watts

my 6 card 1080ti rigs do 1275 watts so 4 go on a good 30 amp  240 volt pdu. and pull about 5200 watts.

the 9560 is designed for 120 volt  it has a circuit breaker  I would not try to run 240 volts as I do not know what the circuit breaker is rated for.

try to get this unit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-EO4501-Modular-Power-Distribution-Unit-228481-002-24A-200-240VAC/152870314174?

with this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-572210-001-Power-Distribution-Unit-PDU-Extension-Bar-Dumb-Stick-5-Outlet-C13/273043986093?

I really appreciate your feedback and guidance always. So I see you talked about the 1080ti's, did you just use them as a reference for capacity to wattage calculation. Though, I know most, if not all of your GPU rigs are now 1080ti waterblock. You run a bigger farm and have been doing this for years.Right now, I'm interested in the best Sol to Wattage ratio and also maximizing my budget. I have only been doing this for 8 months now and everything is paid for with savings so far, so I want to be careful.

With 20 1080ti at 200 watt TDP, that's running at 100% and total 4000watt and 500watt overhead for Mobo, CPU, Risers and other components in a rig, like you said 4500watt which still give me room for another rig that's about 1100watt in total, assuming my calculation is right.

24A x 240V = 5760.

Tried to pick up the Ebay linked products but the actual PDU was gone but search and found the same model, with the extension bar that's still below $100 without considering shipping or Tax. But, I don't think I would be needing an extension, why did you recommend that?

Thank you so much for taking time to respond, very well appreciated.
Activity: 305
Merit: 148
Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!
February 08, 2018, 12:43:11 AM
Very low maintenance, ever since I added automatic restart scripts on a 24 hour interval and watchdog scripts to restart and log automatically whenever it notices 0% GPU use or network disconnection. I take a little hit while it restarts though.
Care to share more about these scripts?  I'd find that very helpful.  Thanks!

I have a script called autoexec.cmd start on logon using the Task Scheduler. Autoexec.cmd is a little take on the good times of the past. It will start the miner program and watchdog. I choose the miner program I want to use by commenting out the others using the REM command. After it has started the miner, it will run C:\Tools\watchdog.cmd which will start monitoring that the system is on the network and the GPU's are doing meaningful work. The Autoexec.cmd script will then hibernate (but still stay running) for 24 hours before it restarts the system. All this while watchdog is on another command line session monitoring the system.

As long as we are sharing scripts, here is what I use to solve "hash drop" on an 8 Vega rig running Cast (not XMR).  All credit goes to the Jericho Jones/CircusDad/StellarX88.  I have not encountered BSODs with this rig, but hash drop is common and occurs on average about once or twice per day.  The script monitors for that drop (based on whatever custom value you input) and restarts the process.  It works well, crazy well in fact.

Code:
<#
.NOTES
JJ's XMR-CAST_XMR HashRate Monitor and Restart Tool

*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***: If the script cannot kill the miner it will stop and wait for input.
Otherwise it would invoke the miner over and over until the PC ran out of memory.
In testing I have not seen it fail to kill the miner but I need to account for it.

Requirements: Elevated privilege (Run as Administrator)
Enable Powershell scripts to run.

Usage: Powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File JJs_HashMonitor.ps1

Future enhancements under consideration: SMS/email alerts
Move settings out of the script and into a simple
txt file to make it easier to manage them.

#>

######################################################################################
#  !! Scroll down to "USER VARIABLES SECTION"
#  !! There are variables you want to review/modify for your setup
######################################################################################
$ver = "3"
#################DO NOT MODIFY ANYTHING IN  THE ELEVATION SECTION ####################
############################## BEGIN ELEVATION #######################################
# If you can't Elevate you're going to have a bad time...
# Get the ID and security principal of the current user account
$myWindowsID=[System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent()
$myWindowsPrincipal=new-object System.Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal($myWindowsID)

# Get the security principal for the Administrator role
$adminRole=[System.Security.Principal.WindowsBuiltInRole]::Administrator

# Check to see if we are currently running "as Administrator"
if ($myWindowsPrincipal.IsInRole($adminRole))
   {
   # We are running "as Administrator" - so change the title and background color to indicate this
   $Host.UI.RawUI.WindowTitle = "JJ's XMR-CAST_XMR HashRate Monitor and Restart Tool v $ver"
   $Host.UI.RawUI.BackgroundColor = "DarkBlue"
   clear-host
   }
else
   {
   # We are not running "as Administrator" - so relaunch as administrator

# Create a new process object that starts PowerShell
   $newProcess = new-object System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo "PowerShell";

# Specify the current script path and name as a parameter
   $newProcess.Arguments = $myInvocation.MyCommand.Definition;

# Indicate that the process should be elevated
   $newProcess.Verb = "runas";

# Start the new process
   [System.Diagnostics.Process]::Start($newProcess) | Out-Null;

# Exit from the current, unelevated, process
   exit
   }

Clear-Host
Write-Host "Starting the Hash Monitor Script..."

Push-Location $PSScriptRoot
################# DO NOT MODIFY ANYTHING IN THE ELEVATION SECTION ####################
################################ END ELEVATION #######################################

############# STATIC Variables - DO NOT CHANGE ##########################
$ScriptDir = Split-Path $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Path -Parent
$ScriptName = $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Name
$global:runDays = $null
$global:runHours = $null
$global:runMinutes = $null
$global:web = New-Object System.Net.WebClient
$global:maxhash = 0
$global:currHash = 0
$vidTool = @()
########## END STATIC Variables - MAKE NO CHANGES ABOVE THIS LINE #######

########################### USER VARIABLES SECTION ###################################

#########################################################################
# Set the REQUIRED variables for your Mining Configuration
# Read this section carefully or you may end up overclocking your video
# card when you don't want to!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
$Logfile = "Cast_Restart_$(get-date -f yyyy-MM-dd).log" # Log what we do, delete or REMARK if you don't want logging
$global:CAST_XMRexe = "cast_xmr-vega.exe" # The miner. Expects to be in same folder as this script
$global:CAST_XMRcmdline = "-S mine.xmrpool.net:7777 -u 'YOUR_WALLET_ADDRESS.YOUR_WORKER_NAME' -p x -O 1 -G 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7 -R -I 7 --fastswitch"
# CAST_XMR arguments. Not required, REMARK out if not needed
$CAST_XMRIP = '127.0.0.1' # IP or hostname of the machine running CAST_XMR (ALWAYS LOCAL) Remote start/restart of the miner is UNSUPPORTED.
# !! DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE THE WEBSERVER IN YOUR CONFIG FILE !!
$CAST_XMRPort = '7777' # Port CAST_XMR is listening on

##### Start Video Card Management Tools Definitions
# These will be executed in order prior to the miner
# Create as many as needed
#### Vid Tool 1
#$vidTool += 'OverdriveNTool.exe -r0 -r1 -r2 -r3 -r4 -r5 -r6 -r7 -p0Vega0 -p1Vega1 -p2Vega0 -p3Vega0 -p4Vega0 -p5Vega0 -p6Vega0 -p7Vega0'
# Expects to be in same folder as this script
# Delete or REMARK if you don't want use it
#### Vid Tool 2
#$vidTool += '[X]' # Expects to be in same folder as this script
#### Vid Tool 3
#### Vid Tool 4
#### Vid Tool 5
#### Vid Tool 6
##### End VidTools
$global:Url = "http://$CAST_XMRIP`:$CAST_XMRPort" # <-- DO NOT CHANGE THIS !!
# Set drop trigger and startup timeout
$hdiff = 1000000 # This is the drop in total hash rate where we
# trigger a restart (Starting HASHRATE-$hdiff)
#
$timeout = 90 # (STARTUP ONLY)How long to wait for CAST_XMR to
# return a hashrate before we fail out and
# restart. There is no limiter on the number of restarts.
# Press CTRL-C to EXIT
#
$CAST_XMRstable = 90 # How long to wait for the hashrate to stabilize.
#
$global:vegaHash = 15000000 # Minimum vega hash rate before we also trigger
# a restart
###################### END USER DEFINED VARIABLES #######################
#################### MAKE NO CHANGES BELOW THIS LINE ####################

#####  BEGIN FUNCTIONS #####

function call-self
{
Start-Process -FilePath "C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Powershell.exe" -ArgumentList $ScriptDir\$ScriptName -WorkingDirectory $ScriptDir -NoNewWindow
EXIT
}

Function log-Write
{
Param ([string]$logstring)
If ($Logfile)
{
Add-content $Logfile -value $logstring
}
}

function reset-VegaDriver {
###################################
##### Reset Video Card driver #####
##### No error checking
Write-host "Resetting Driver..."
$timeStamp = "{0:yyyy-MM-dd_HH:mm}" -f (Get-Date)
log-Write ("$timeStamp Running Driver Reset")
$d = Get-PnpDevice| where {$_.friendlyname -like 'Radeon RX Vega'}
$d  | Disable-PnpDevice -ErrorAction Ignore -Confirm:$false | Out-Null
log-Write ("$timeStamp Video driver disabled")
Write-host -fore Green "Video driver disabled"
# Wait 5 seconds
Start-Sleep -s 5
$d  | Enable-PnpDevice -ErrorAction Ignore -Confirm:$false | Out-Null
log-Write ("$timeStamp Video driver enabled")
Write-host -fore Green "Video driver enabled"
# Wait 5 seconds
Start-Sleep -s 10
log-Write ("$timeStamp Video driver reset completed")
}

Function Run-Tools ($app)
{
foreach ($item in $app)
{
$prog = ($item -split "\s", 2)
if (Test-Path $prog[0])
{
Write-host -fore Green "Starting " $prog[0]
log-Write ("$timeStamp Starting $item ")
If ($prog[1]) {
Start-Process -FilePath $prog[0] -ArgumentList $prog[1] | Out-Null
}
Else
{
Start-Process -FilePath $prog[0] | Out-Null
}
Start-Sleep -s 1
}
Else
{
Write-Host -fore Red $prog[0] NOT found. This is not fatal. Continuing...
}
}
}

function start-Mining
{
#####  Start CAST_XMR  #####
log-Write ("$timeStamp Starting CAST_XMR...")
If (Test-Path $global:CAST_XMRexe)
{
Write-Host "Starting CAST_XMR..."
If ($CAST_XMRcmdline)
{
Start-Process -FilePath $ScriptDir\$CAST_XMRexe -ArgumentList $CAST_XMRcmdline -WindowStyle Minimized
}
Else
{
Start-Process -FilePath $ScriptDir\$CAST_XMRexe
}
}
Else
{
log-Write ("$timeStamp $global:CAST_XMRexe NOT FOUND.. EXITING")
Clear-Host
Write-Host -fore Red `n`n!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Write-Host -fore Red "         $global:CAST_XMRexe NOT found. "
        Write-Host -fore Red "   Can't do much without the miner now can you!"
Write-Host -fore Red "          Now exploding... buh bye!"
Write-Host -fore Red !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Write-Host -NoNewLine "Press any key to continue..."
$null = $Host.UI.RawUI.ReadKey("NoEcho,IncludeKeyDown")
Exit
}
}

Function chk-CAST_XMR($global:Url) {
log-Write ("$timeStamp Waiting for CAST_XMR HTTP daemon to start")
Write-host "Waiting for CAST_XMR HTTP daemon to start"

$flag = "False"
$web = New-Object System.Net.WebClient
    $TimeStart = Get-Date -format HH:mm:ss
    $timer = $timeout
DO {
Try {
$result = $web.DownloadString($global:Url)
$flag = "True"
}
Catch {
            $timeEnd = Get-Date -format HH:mm:ss
            $timeDiff = (New-TimeSpan -Start $timeStart -End (Get-Date -format HH:mm:ss)).TotalSeconds
            If ($timeDiff -lt $timeout)
{
Write-host -fore Red "CAST_XMR not ready... Waiting up to $timer seconds."
Write-host -fore Red "Press CTRL-C to EXIT NOW"
}
            If ($timeDiff -gt $timeout)
            {
                $timeout = 0
            }
Start-Sleep -s 10
            $timer = $timer - 10
}
} While (($timeout -gt 1) -And ($flag -eq "False"))
If ($flag -eq "True")
{
Clear-Host
Write-host -fore Green "`n`n`n## CAST_XMR HTTP daemon has started ##`n"
log-Write ("$timeStamp CAST_XMR started successfully")

}
ElseIf ($flag -eq "False")
{
Clear-Host
Write-host -fore Red "`n`n`n!! Timed out waiting for CAST_XMR HTTP daemon to start !!`n"
start-sleep -s 10
log-Write ("$timeStamp Timed out waiting for CAST_XMR HTTP daemon to start")
Start-Sleep -s 10
#Write-Host -NoNewLine "Press any key to EXIT..."
#$null = $Host.UI.RawUI.ReadKey("NoEcho,IncludeKeyDown")
call-Self
EXIT
}
Else
{
Clear-Host
Write-host -fore Red "`n`n`n*** Unknown failure (Daemon failed to start?)... EXITING ***`n"
start-sleep -s 10
log-Write ("$timeStamp Unknown failure starting CAST_XMR (Daemon failed to start?)")
Start-Sleep -s 10
#Write-Host -NoNewLine "Press any key to EXIT..."
#$null = $Host.UI.RawUI.ReadKey("NoEcho,IncludeKeyDown")
call-Self
EXIT
}

}

function starting-Hash
{
log-Write ("$timeStamp Waiting for hash rate to stabilize")
#Write-host -fore Green "Waiting for hash rate to stabilize"

#$startTestHash = 1
    $currTestHash = 0

# Wait x seconds for hash rate to stabilize
while ($CAST_XMRstable -gt 0)
{
$data = $null
$total = $null
$data = @{}
$total = @{}
$rawdata = Invoke-WebRequest -UseBasicParsing -Uri $global:Url
If ($rawdata)
{
$data = $rawdata | ConvertFrom-Json
$rawtotal = $data.total_hash_rate
$total = $rawtotal
$currTestHash = $total
If (!$startTestHash)
{
$startTestHash = $currTestHash
}

Clear-Host
If ($currTestHash)
{
Write-host -fore Green "`n`nCurrent Hash Rate: $currTestHash H/s"
}
Write-host -fore Green "`n`nWaiting $CAST_XMRstable seconds for hashrate to stabilize."
Write-host -fore Green "Press CTRL-C to EXIT NOW"
Start-Sleep -s 1
$CAST_XMRstable = $CAST_XMRstable - 1
}
    }
    If (!$currTestHash)
{
Clear-Host
Write-host -fore Green `nCould not get hashrate... restarting
log-Write ("$timeStamp Could not get hashrate... restarting")
call-Self
Exit
}
ElseIf ($currTestHash -gt $startTestHash)
{
$global:maxhash = $currTestHash
}
Else
    {
$global:maxhash = $startTestHash
}

$global:currHash = $currTestHash
$global:rTarget = ($global:maxhash - $hdiff)
log-Write ("$timeStamp Hash rate stabilized")
log-Write ("$timeStamp Starting Hashrate: $global:maxhash H/s Drop Target Hashrate: $global:rTarget H/s")
}

function current-Hash
{
# Check our current hashrate against low target every 60 seconds
Clear-Host
Write-host -fore Green `nHash monitoring has begun.
$timer = 0
$runTime = 0
$flag = "False"
log-Write ("$timeStamp Hash monitoring has begun")

DO
{
Try {
$data = $null
$total = $null
$data = @{}
$total = @{}
Write-host -fore Green `nQuerying CAST_XMR...this can take a minute.
$rawdata = Invoke-WebRequest -UseBasicParsing -Uri $global:Url
$flag = "True"
}
Catch
{
Clear-Host
Write-host -fore Red "`nWe seem to have lost connectivity to CAST_XMR"
Write-host -fore Red "Restarting in 10 seconds"
log-Write ("$timeStamp Restarting - Lost connectivity to CAST_XMR")
Start-Sleep -s 10
kill-Process ($CAST_XMRexe)
$flag = "False"
#Break
}
If ($flag -eq "False")
{
Break
}
$data = $rawdata | ConvertFrom-Json
$rawtotal = $data.total_hash_rate
$total = $rawtotal
$global:currHash = $total

refresh-Screen

Start-Sleep -s 15
$timer = ($timer + 15)
$runTime = ($timer)
} while (($global:currHash -gt $global:vegaHash) -and ($global:currHash -gt $global:rTarget))
# ($global:currVega -gt $global:vegaHash)
# ($global:currHash -gt $global:rTarget)

If ($flag -eq "True")
{
Clear-Host
# Write-host -fore Red "`n`nHash rate dropped from $global:maxhash H/s to $global:currHash H/s"
Write-host -fore Red "Vega56 hash rate: $global:currVega H/s is below $global:vegaHash H/s"
Write-host -fore Red "`nRestarting in 10 seconds"
$tFormat =  get-RunTime ($runTime)
#log-Write ("$timeStamp Restarting after $tFormat - Hash rate dropped from $global:maxhash H/s to $global:currHash H/s")
log-Write ("$timeStamp Restarting - Vega56 hash rate: $global:currVega H/s is below $global:vegaHash H/s")
Start-Sleep -s 10
}
}

function kill-Process ($CAST_XMRexe) {
try
{
$prog = ($CAST_XMRexe -split "\.", 2)
$prog = $prog[0]
# get CAST_XMR process
$CAST_XMRPROC = Get-Process $prog -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
if ($CAST_XMRPROC) {
# try gracefully first
$CAST_XMRPROC.CloseMainWindow() | Out-Null
# kill after five seconds
Sleep 5
if (!$CAST_XMRPROC.HasExited) {
$CAST_XMRPROC | Stop-Process -Force | Out-Null
}
if (!$CAST_XMRPROC.HasExited) {
Write-host -fore Red "Failed to kill the process $prog"
Write-host -fore Red "`nIf we don't stop here CAST_XMR would be invoked"
Write-host -fore Red "`nover and over until the PC crashed."
Write-host -fore Red "`n`n That would be very bad."
Write-host -fore Red 'Press any key to EXIT...';
$null = $Host.UI.RawUI.ReadKey('NoEcho,IncludeKeyDown');
log-Write ("$timeStamp Failed to kill $prog")
EXIT
}
Else
{
Write-host -fore Green "Successfully killed the process $prog"
log-Write ("$timeStamp CAST_XMR closed successfully")
}
}
Else
{
Write-host -fore Green "`n$prog process was not found"
log-Write ("$timeStamp $prog process was not found")
}
}
Catch
{
Write-host -fore Red "Failed to kill the process $prog"
Write-host -fore Red "`nIf we don't stop here CAST_XMR would be invoked"
Write-host -fore Red "`nover and over until the PC crashed."
Write-host -fore Red "`n`n That would be very bad."
Write-host -fore Red 'Press any key to EXIT...';
$null = $Host.UI.RawUI.ReadKey('NoEcho,IncludeKeyDown');
log-Write ("$timeStamp Failed to kill $prog")
EXIT
}
}

Function refresh-Screen
{
Clear-Host
$tFormat =  get-RunTime ($runTime)
Write-Host "=================================================="
Write-host -fore Green `nStarting Hash Rate: $global:maxhash H/s
Write-host -fore Green `nRestart Target Hash Rate: $global:rTarget H/s
Write-host -fore Green `nCurrent Hash Rate: $global:currHash H/s
Write-host -fore Green `nVega56 Hash Rate: $global:currVega H/s
Write-host -fore Green `nMonitoring Uptime: $tFormat `n
Write-Host "=================================================="
}

function resize-Console ($Width,$Height)
{
$targetWindow = (get-host).ui.rawui
$windowSize = $targetWindow.windowsize
$windowSize.height = $Height
$windowSize.width = $Width
$targetWindow.windowsize = $windowSize
$bufferSize = $targetWindow.buffersize
$bufferSize.height = $Height
$bufferSize.width = $Width
$targetWindow.buffersize = $bufferSize
}

function set-CAST_XMRVars
{
Write-host -fore Green "Setting Env Variables for CAST_XMR"
log-Write ("$timeStamp Setting Env Variables for CAST_XMR")

[System.Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable("GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR", "1", "User")
[System.Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable("GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE", "99", "User")
[System.Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable("GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT", "99", "User")
[System.Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable("GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT", "99", "User")

Write-host -fore Green "Env Variables for CAST_XMR have been set"
log-Write ("$timeStamp Env Variables for CAST_XMR have been set")
}

function get-RunTime ($sec)
{
$myTimeSpan = (new-timespan -seconds $sec)
If ($sec -ge 3600 -And $sec -lt 86400)
{
$global:runHours = $myTimeSpan.Hours
$global:runMinutes = $myTimeSpan.Minutes
Return "$global:runHours Hours $global:runMinutes Min"
}
ElseIf ($sec -ge 86400)
{
$global:runDays = $myTimeSpan.Days
$global:runHours = $myTimeSpan.Hours
Return "$global:runDays Days $global:runHours Hours $global:runMinutes Min"
}
Elseif ($sec -ge 60 -And $sec -lt 3600)
{
Return "$global:runMinutes Min"
}
Elseif ($sec -lt 60)
{
Return "Less than 1 minute"
}
}

##### END FUNCTIONS #####

##### MAIN - or The Fun Starts Here #####
log-Write ("$timeStamp Script Started")

resize-Console 50 16

kill-Process ($CAST_XMRexe)

reset-VegaDriver ($devID)

If ($vidTool) # If $vidTool is defined
{
Run-Tools ($vidTool) # Run your tools
}

set-CAST_XMRVars # Set suggested environment variables

start-Mining # Start mining software

chk-CAST_XMR($global:Url) # Wait for CAST_XMR to return a hash rate

starting-Hash # Get the starting hash rate

current-Hash # Gather the current hash rate every 60 seconds until it drops beneath the threshold

log-Write ("$timeStamp Script Ended")

call-Self # Restart the script

##### The End of the World as we know it #####
EXIT

Visit vegamining blog for the details.  This script has been modified to work with Cast.  There are two parts:  the script above and then a .cmd file that you run and which points to this script.

VidTool is worth un-remarking out if you have one or two dud cards that need a gentler OverDriveNTool profile.  I believe the above was based on StellarX88's modfications to JJ's 2.9 release.  A compare between this and whatever current script JJ has released should reveal the important changes.  StellarX88's mods may be found in the Vega hash rate threads.

Also, I have set a wicked large system paging file around 70000MB or roughly 8GB per Vega card + a little extra.

legendary
February 07, 2018, 07:36:48 PM

maybe  the apc9560 is good for you

I need to go to website and check

Busy  maybe tonight

No problem Sir..., take your time, appreciate the quick feedback already, I just don't want to take any risk with the basic PDU 9560 because I'll have no way of monitoring my usage in wattage.

And since I'm expanding my operations gradually, smaller home farm going in my former office. I'm still sticking with the 4U case and will be sticking them into the 42U, hopefully I can mount at least 8 4U case in there. All 4U case are fitted with 7 GPU's; the scarcity in GPU's have slowed me down as I'm not going to pay over MSRP for them.

Got all my Ethash Algo build done already with RX570s now trying to pick up a lot of Nvidia cards. For Veteran miners, will anyone of you support 8 1060 4U case build over 7 1070's in the same build. I do understand that with the 1070, they are bulkier and the Rosewill L4500 4U case might not fit 7 of those.

To add, I also like to keep about 3/4 to 1/2 inch space between each GPU in the case to allow room for better air circulation, coupled with the 3700rpm 153cfm Delta fans upfront for intake and 1500rpm 82cfm AeroCool Sharkfin fans right behind the GPUs to help exhaust the all the way back, where I left the 2 80mm fans to help exhaust stale hot air that might hover around the CPU.

Any advice with this setup would be appreciate as I'm not familiar with Nvidia cards but being learning a lot from all Philipma's thread. I'm scared I might not be able to fit up to 20 1070's or more on one 30A breaker, which should be 5760 Watts. Hence why I'm looking at the 1060's as because my goal is to get the best Sols/Wattage per rig.

the 9560 is designed for 120 volt  it has a circuit breaker  I would not try to run 240 volts as I do not know what the circuit breaker is rated for.

try to get this unit

with this

Activity: 72
Merit: 11
February 07, 2018, 07:14:49 PM
Phil that is just not true. My power cost is ~$0.12 kwh and I have built spreadsheets in the past for every single algo and power %, and no matter what the out is always more money by running at 100% or higher power usage.

Interesting points. I compared hash power on my 4 card gtx 1060 rig and these were the results:

https://imgur.com/a/Ol29B

I tried at different TDP settings and the hashrate on equihash(EWBF) only started dropping after going below 90%.

I just have 1060 rigs and I compared hash power only on equihash at different TDP settings, so I can only talk for this. Different miners+gpus+algos of course have different but probably very interesting results.
Activity: 72
Merit: 11
February 07, 2018, 06:56:26 PM
Very low maintenance, ever since I added automatic restart scripts on a 24 hour interval and watchdog scripts to restart and log automatically whenever it notices 0% GPU use or network disconnection. I take a little hit while it restarts though.
Care to share more about these scripts?  I'd find that very helpful.  Thanks!

I have a script called autoexec.cmd start on logon using the Task Scheduler. Autoexec.cmd is a little take on the good times of the past. It will start the miner program and watchdog. I choose the miner program I want to use by commenting out the others using the REM command. After it has started the miner, it will run C:\Tools\watchdog.cmd which will start monitoring that the system is on the network and the GPU's are doing meaningful work. The Autoexec.cmd script will then hibernate (but still stay running) for 24 hours before it restarts the system. All this while watchdog is on another command line session monitoring the system.

I've written these scripts to work on Nvidia mining rigs. They can be freely copied and modified as needed.

C:\Tools\autoexec.cmd
Code:
@echo off
echo  .---------------------.
echo /  INIT SYSTEM SCRIPT  /
echo *=====================*
echo.
echo %COMPUTERNAME%
echo.
echo Waiting for WIFI to wake up...
timeout 11

REM -----------------------
REM ETHEREUM
REM call C:\Tools\NVIOC\oc_eth.cmd
REM start C:\Tools\Miners\ethminer-0.11.0.rc1-Win64-nanopool\start_opencl-molivil.bat

REM NICEHASH
REM OC settings set by startup script
start C:\Tools\Miners\NiceHashMiner\start.cmd

REM ZCASH
REM call C:\Tools\NVIOC\oc_zec_effic.cmd
REM call C:\Tools\NVIOC\oc_zec_max.cmd
REM start C:\Tools\Miners\Zec.miner.0.3.4b-nanopool\start.bat

start C:\Tools\watchdog.cmd

FOR /L %%G IN (22,-1,2) DO (
  echo Time before restart: %%G hours
  "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi.exe" -q -d temperature |find "GPU Current Temp"
  timeout 3600 /nobreak >nul
)

echo Time before restart: 1 hr
timeout 1800 /nobreak >nul
echo Time before restart: 30 mins
timeout 1500 /nobreak >nul
echo Time before restart: 5 mins
timeout 300 /nobreak >nul
echo Restarting now!
timeout 30 /nobreak >nul
shutdown /r

Below is a (VERY CRUDE! ) Smiley script that logs every bootup and tries to ping preconfigured IP addresses 8.8.4.4 or 8.8.8.8 every 30 minutes. It will also use the NVIDIA configuration utility that comes with drivers called "nvidia-smi.exe" which tells the watchdog if any GPU is at 0% use. It will try a couple of times and restart if any GPU stays at 0%. Any errors that occur it logs. It's a bit botched together, but works great in my use.

C:\Tools\watchdog.cmd
Code:
@echo off
cls
set VERSION=1.6.4
rem ---
rem Watchdog logfile. Watchdog will log system (re)boots and connection failures to this file
set LOGFILE=C:\Tools\watchdog.log
rem ---
rem IP addresses to test. Default is Google DNS server, 8.8.4.4 and 8.8.8.8
set IPTEST=8.8.4.4
set IPTEST2=8.8.8.8
rem ---
rem Watchdog timer. How many seconds to wait between checks.
rem Default is 1800 seconds (30 minutes)
set WDTIMER=1800
rem ---
rem Watchdog timer to retry. How many seconds to wait to retry after a failed attempt.
rem Default is 120 seconds (2 minutes)
set WDTIMERRETRY=120
rem ---

echo ----------------------
echo SYSTEM WATCHDOG v%VERSION%
echo ----------------------
echo.
echo - Will check connectivity to %IPTEST% and %IPTEST2%.
echo - Will check Graphics card utilization.
echo.
echo Checking every %WDTIMER% seconds.
echo.
echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: Watchdog v%VERSION% started. >> %LOGFILE%

:begin
timeout %WDTIMER% >nul
"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi.exe" -q -d Utilization |find "Gpu" |find " 0 %" && goto GPUError1
rem echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: GPU test successful.

ping -n 1 %IPTEST% | find "TTL=" >nul
if %errorlevel% == 0 (
  rem echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: connection test successful.
) else (
  echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: Connection test FAILED to %IPTEST%
  echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: Connection test FAILED to %IPTEST% >> %LOGFILE%
  echo Retrying in %WDTIMERRETRY% seconds.
  timeout %WDTIMERRETRY% >nul
  goto retry
)
echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: All good!
goto begin

:retry
ping -n 1 %IPTEST2% | find "TTL=" >nul
if %errorlevel% == 0 (
  echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: Second connection test successful.
  echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: Second connection test successful. Watchdog timer reset. >> %LOGFILE%
  echo Watchdog timer reset.
  goto begin
) else (
  echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: Second connection test FAILED to %IPTEST2%
  echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: Second connection test FAILED to %IPTEST2% >> %LOGFILE%
  echo Restarting...
  echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: Restarting system due to two connection failed attempts >> %LOGFILE%
  goto restart
)

:GPUError1
echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: GPU IDLE error first attempt.
echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: GPU IDLE error first attempt. >> %LOGFILE%
"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi.exe" -q -d Utilization |find "Gpu" |find " 0 %" && goto GPUError2
echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: GPU test successful.
goto begin

:GPUError2
echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: GPU IDLE error second attempt.
echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: GPU IDLE error second attempt. >> %LOGFILE%
"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi.exe" -q -d Utilization |find "Gpu" |find " 0 %" && goto GPUError3
echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: GPU test successful.
goto begin

:GPUError3
echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: GPU IDLE error third attempt.
echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: GPU IDLE error third attempt. >> %LOGFILE%
echo Restarting...
echo %DATE%-%TIME% Watchdog: Restarting system due to GPU underutilization. >> %LOGFILE%
goto restart

:restart
timeout 60 >nul
shutdown /r

The below example script will set the overclock settings for 5x GTX 1060 graphics cards on the console using nvidia profile inspector. It is called from autoexec.cmd, so that the overclock settings are set at boot time. Same functionality can be achieved with Nvidia Afterburner, but one of the Nicehash miners would override/reset my OC settings, so I started using scripts instead. Additional bonus is, that I can run these in a timed loop every hour to "remind" the miner computer of the correct OC settings.

oc_zec_effic.cmd
Code:
@echo off
echo OC: ZCash mining (max efficiency)
echo.
C:\Tools\NVIOC\nvidiaInspector.exe -setBaseClockOffset:0,0,50 -setMemoryClockOffset:0,0,220 -setPowerTarget:0,68
C:\Tools\NVIOC\nvidiaInspector.exe -setBaseClockOffset:1,0,50 -setMemoryClockOffset:1,0,220 -setPowerTarget:1,70
C:\Tools\NVIOC\nvidiaInspector.exe -setBaseClockOffset:2,0,50 -setMemoryClockOffset:2,0,220 -setPowerTarget:2,72
C:\Tools\NVIOC\nvidiaInspector.exe -setBaseClockOffset:3,0,50 -setMemoryClockOffset:3,0,220 -setPowerTarget:3,75
C:\Tools\NVIOC\nvidiaInspector.exe -setBaseClockOffset:4,0,50 -setMemoryClockOffset:4,0,700 -setPowerTarget:4,76
February 07, 2018, 05:26:12 PM

maybe  the apc9560 is good for you

Busy  maybe tonight

No problem Sir..., take your time, appreciate the quick feedback already, I just don't want to take any risk with the basic PDU 9560 because I'll have no way of monitoring my usage in wattage.

And since I'm expanding my operations gradually, smaller home farm going in my former office. I'm still sticking with the 4U case and will be sticking them into the 42U, hopefully I can mount at least 8 4U case in there. All 4U case are fitted with 7 GPU's; the scarcity in GPU's have slowed me down as I'm not going to pay over MSRP for them.

Got all my Ethash Algo build done already with RX570s now trying to pick up a lot of Nvidia cards. For Veteran miners, will anyone of you support 8 1060 4U case build over 7 1070's in the same build. I do understand that with the 1070, they are bulkier and the Rosewill L4500 4U case might not fit 7 of those.

To add, I also like to keep about 3/4 to 1/2 inch space between each GPU in the case to allow room for better air circulation, coupled with the 3700rpm 153cfm Delta fans upfront for intake and 1500rpm 82cfm AeroCool Sharkfin fans right behind the GPUs to help exhaust the all the way back, where I left the 2 80mm fans to help exhaust stale hot air that might hover around the CPU.

Any advice with this setup would be appreciate as I'm not familiar with Nvidia cards but being learning a lot from all Philipma's thread. I'm scared I might not be able to fit up to 20 1070's or more on one 30A breaker, which should be 5760 Watts. Hence why I'm looking at the 1060's as because my goal is to get the best Sols/Wattage per rig.
legendary
February 07, 2018, 03:59:17 PM
I would like to get some advice from experienced mining farm owners on this. I recently came into possession of 3 PDU's that came with a used 42u server rack I bought from a data center. The models are APC7898 and APC9560, the 7898 is rated for 208V, 35A/~ input and output is 208V and up to 60A, 20A per bank and it's metered and monitored but with a Hubbell CS8365C plug that's rated for 50A.

Is there anyway this is useful for me? I have a 240V 30A electric setup. Also, with the 9560, which is a basic 1U rackmount PDU, that's rated for 120V 24A, I tested with the 240V, it works and was providing 240V, confirmed with my Kill-A-Watt P4400.01 as shown on Philipma1957 on one if his Youtube video. With the APC9560, I would like it metered and so I can monitor is always since it's not rated for 240V originally which is a great risk to take.

I would appreciate any feedback on this and if anyone can share a link to good metered PDU that's not expensive and rack-mountable, will be appreciated. Been stalking Ebay for one for days now and nothing so far.

maybe  the apc9560 is good for you

Busy  maybe tonight
legendary
February 07, 2018, 03:57:43 PM
I've been trying to compare miners and pools using two GTX 1080 cards in separate computers that I've adjusted clock rates/power limits in MSI AB so that any given miner will hash at the same rate on either machine. I assumed that I would get reasonably valid results by having the two competing miners run at a fixed share difficulty for 24 hours to separate addresses on the same pool then reporting the total payout for that time period, but 3 separate people have said that payout is not a reliable metric and that I should be counting the number of shares or even the average hashrate reported by the pool instead, but I honestly can't see how either of those metrics would be any better than payout. I should note that I am not looking to validate my position here, rather, I really want to know why it is wrong (if it is)!

So how do you veteran miners evaluate which miner delivers better performance?

EDIT - well, no thanks to you slackers I think I figured it out (I hope!); hashrate reported by the pool may, indeed, be suspect, but it should be equally suspect regardless of the miner. Conversely, there will always be variability in the time to find a share even at a fixed difficulty and since payout is a direct function of share count * difficulty it will also have some variation based on luck, as well as the hashrate.

So, carry on!

30 days  test at the same time  and still only a chance it is better. and correct  numbers
February 07, 2018, 03:39:03 PM
I would like to get some advice from experienced mining farm owners on this. I recently came into possession of 3 PDU's that came with a used 42u server rack I bought from a data center. The models are APC7898 and APC9560, the 7898 is rated for 208V, 35A/~ input and output is 208V and up to 60A, 20A per bank and it's metered and monitored but with a Hubbell CS8365C plug that's rated for 50A.

Is there anyway this is useful for me? I have a 240V 30A electric setup. Also, with the 9560, which is a basic 1U rackmount PDU, that's rated for 120V 24A, I tested with the 240V, it works and was providing 240V, confirmed with my Kill-A-Watt P4400.01 as shown on Philipma1957 on one if his Youtube video. With the APC9560, I would like it metered and so I can monitor is always since it's not rated for 240V originally which is a great risk to take.

I would appreciate any feedback on this and if anyone can share a link to good metered PDU that's not expensive and rack-mountable, will be appreciated. Been stalking Ebay for one for days now and nothing so far.
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
February 07, 2018, 09:56:46 AM
I've been trying to compare miners and pools using two GTX 1080 cards in separate computers that I've adjusted clock rates/power limits in MSI AB so that any given miner will hash at the same rate on either machine. I assumed that I would get reasonably valid results by having the two competing miners run at a fixed share difficulty for 24 hours to separate addresses on the same pool then reporting the total payout for that time period, but 3 separate people have said that payout is not a reliable metric and that I should be counting the number of shares or even the average hashrate reported by the pool instead, but I honestly can't see how either of those metrics would be any better than payout. I should note that I am not looking to validate my position here, rather, I really want to know why it is wrong (if it is)!

So how do you veteran miners evaluate which miner delivers better performance?

EDIT - well, no thanks to you slackers I think I figured it out (I hope!); hashrate reported by the pool may, indeed, be suspect, but it should be equally suspect regardless of the miner. Conversely, there will always be variability in the time to find a share even at a fixed difficulty and since payout is a direct function of share count * difficulty it will also have some variation based on luck, as well as the hashrate.

So, carry on!
legendary
February 07, 2018, 01:12:23 AM
What state ?

You need to understand how to use solar and buy back or sell to grid is the better then battery if your in the right state.

Here in nj

Florida, we currently cant sell back to the grid... so anything excess would just be free energy to the grid to use... unfortunately.. i am not planning on using a lot of batteries, just some to even out the dips in electricity during the day.. the goal is to only mine when the sun is out to power the solar panels basically

Yeah no buy back sucks.

Batteries are costly.

They are dangerous

They don’t last

But if you get dead ones from a recycler many can be used as one or two cells are dead and four or five are good.

Proper wiring can get them to work.

Someone posted he would go to a forklift company and cut deals with them getting partial batteries
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
February 07, 2018, 01:06:23 AM
What state ?

You need to understand how to use solar and buy back or sell to grid is the better then battery if your in the right state.

Here in nj

Florida, we currently cant sell back to the grid... so anything excess would just be free energy to the grid to use... unfortunately.. i am not planning on using a lot of batteries, just some to even out the dips in electricity during the day.. the goal is to only mine when the sun is out to power the solar panels basically
legendary
February 07, 2018, 12:57:33 AM
What state ?

Here in nj

A peak field of 160 k watt will net about 30 kwatt 24/7

Which means you sell 130 and use 30 during the day.

Then buy 30 when it is night.

So it is a constant 30 kwatts .

No cost after set up.

Should last 20-30 years.

You need 1.2- 1.3 acres of panels to do what I described.

That is the size of our field.

It is the low risk part of your mining as the power is free after setup.

If you exceed the 30 kwatt that Mining is higher risk since it is full cost from the grid.

Buysolar and I do this expand and contract beyond the solar cap.

Knowing we can retreat to all solar.

Now when btc was 19000 we spent an extra 2k on power and mined like mad . Then a new tax year came and we sold gear . Our excess power for Jan was 1500 and for feb will be 500.
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
February 07, 2018, 12:43:26 AM
Can someone with an antminer give me some info, i have very little knowledge on how all the ASIC miners work in regards to mining since i dont own any. I have been thinking of picking up some to try out and use on an idea i planning for in the near future.....

Recently i placed an offer and won with the next county over from where i currently live on a section of land 80.1 acres that went on auction for around 20k due to the county taking it due to back taxes owed. The property is nearly unable to be lived on due to the current home on the property has been abandoned atleast 30+ years, because the forest has eaten the house basically... and the house on the property has not had electricity since 1986 turned on, so they are telling me it would takes months for them to get out there and replace the line running out to current house spot on the property, since half of it has been knocked down due to trees falling....

I am thinking of doing a solar only farm possibly in the future, was thinking of buying a few ASIC miners and building a small building, maybe a shed or pole barn on the property and setup some solar panels in a cleared area of the property and a small battery bank... then basically setup the power to only come on during set hours of the day, basically only when solar is able to be used... idk how well a normal PC would function in this manner, so i was thinking maybe an asic would work best. The idea is to maybe have a programmable invertor that i can set voltage ranges that power would come online and power the miners, then it drops below a set voltage range that it would cut the power tell the next day of sun... the batteries would only be there for filtering during periods of cloud cover and such.... really only enough to run the gear a few minutes....

Idk its an idea im throwing around to possibly cut my cost on electricity usage, the solar could pay itself off in just a few months possibly from not having to pay for electricity

I still want to get power going out on the property in the future, as i plan to start taking the house back from the forest and demolish it and build a new one.. the property is only like 20 minutes from where i live now and is nice and quiet...

I have a tree company coming out to see if they want to log it for me, rough estimate they are telling me i could make maybe 15-20k from allowing them log the old growth trees on the property....

Pages:
Jump to: