Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 68. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 233
February 12, 2018, 07:04:52 AM
I Had a bunch of PM confused about my statement on how i broke even or made slightly more money with BTC dropping down to 6k from 20k...

So to try and explain it a little easier, i took a single day's payout from mining and listed how i managed it up tell now...

on 1/15/2018, i had a payout to my bittrex account from mining of 0.03503353BTC

So when i got around to it, i placed a sell order of 0.03503353 @ $12,302.50 at that time netting me roughly $430 USDT, since the talk was all bitcoin had his a bubble and all the indicators were showing heavy angles down in the price with little resistance, so i made the following orders...

Basically since the trend was heading downwards, i started taking smaller chunks, then jumped it up to 20% as the swings and drops started dropping much quicker...

In the end that day of minings climbed as high as 0.07624661btc before selling to USDT @ $6,622 for $504.91, i still have that amount locked in an open order on bittrex to buy back in @ $5,297, but its looking more and more like it will never occur, if the order hits 28 days old on bittrex it will close out and basically ill have $504.91 roughly of USDT available to me to do whatever i want with...

The biggest statements i got was the following:....

"You could have bought at 6k like i did and sold at 20k and make over 3x my money...."
~I get what you are saying, trading isnt as easy as that, noone can predict where a coin is going truly, so yes your statement is valid, but very very very few people actually had orders filled at 20k

"If your payout is at 10k and you sell at 9k, you are taking a lost, your just loosing money..."
~No, i am not loosing money, i am just taking earned income from mining and selling it at set amounts of ROI (3%,5%,10%,20%) depending on how strong the trend is looking, sometimes the orders end in USD and sometimes they end in BTC, but if an order occurs its because i placed a guaranteed amount of gain in my pocket, currently i am taking larger % on my daily payouts on the selling to USD, because the BTC is starting to trend back up and it would be unlogical to expect a 20% buy back
Activity: 882
Merit: 547
BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more
February 12, 2018, 04:33:22 AM
Hi Phil,

I can get the board, but only 20 pieces max. now - in stock in china ships after CNY.

+ Colorful  B250A-BTC PLUS V20 (8 full PCIE, Socket Intel 1151, NON ATX version)
++++https://colorfly.eu/iGame/C.B250A-BTC%20PLUS%20V20.html
++++ 186 USD/piece net --> Lead time: In stock China -->Available in EU est. 28.02- 02-03.2018

Details in my Mainboard groupbuy thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/group-buy-mining-motherboards-bulk-buy-at-china-oem-biostar-colorful-2909166

cheers
Tom
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
February 11, 2018, 01:08:12 PM

I am supposed to get 2 x 150 off from retail not  but I am not sure if that will work out.  I will need to fight for that.

What  happened to the 300 in question?

https://www.retailmenot.com/  is good I am

Happy to say  they just sent my paypal 300 usd. 150 for each pc.

which  made a good deal  better.   2327 - 46 (cc rebate) = 2281 - 150 = 2131 net  for each one.  Not a bad price for this unit.

BTW  they raised the price about 100 usd since yesterday.

Activity: 463
Merit: 301
February 11, 2018, 01:04:41 PM
900 per 1080 ti is sustainable price if you power is cheap.

3.50 to 4.00 earnings for 1 card using 5kwatts of power.

this breakdown to

3.00-3.50  profit a day per card after power

300 days  = 900 to 1050 back.

cards have 1 year warranty or longer .

So at 900  the price is not terrible

prices will not drop to 700  until cards are earning

under 2 per day.  Simple math dictates it.

I was happy to buy the 2 gaming pc's at 2290.00 each after tax.

They came today  and are making 6.80 using 1.30 in power each  so 5.50 a day  would mean  paid off in 416 days.

I have a 1 year warranty  so I will be fine with them.

best of all I can return them for 45 days so my risk of a crash  does not exist for 44 days after today.

Who's return policy is 45 days? only one i know off hand is best buy's gold or whatever membership tier. Just curious and wanted to know Smiley

best buy elite
but I am with hp.com I got through a member store from my high school job at mc Donald's

these are omen gamers I get a 430 dollar discount  they list for 2606 - 430 = 2176 tax is 7%  = 2327 - 2% for eBay card = 2280    I timed the charge and have 45 days before the money is due.  and hp.com allows returns up to 30 not 45 days.  1 year full warranty.

so 2 were about 4560 they are earning  15 a day using 760 watts which is about 19 kwatts at 10 cents in the winter .  so first 30 days I will have earned 390 net

I am supposed to get 2 x 150 off from retail not  but I am not sure if that will work out.  I will need to fight for that.

worker 1 and 2

https://www.nicehash.com/miner/1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje

What  happened to the 300 in question?
legendary
February 11, 2018, 12:45:08 AM
Lets talk new egg here , seen a few lower priced 580s finnaly , anyone have experince with multiple newegg accounts ?

do they look at the cc and shipping address or just the account if you have say two accounts ? , normally I dont mind buying one every few days

but with the currrent shortage i'd prefer to buy 2 or 3 and then be done with it for a while

Multiple accounts does not work. Whether it's the name or the shipping address I'm not sure but I tried that because they had some reasonably priced 570 8gb cards.

The bright side is they have been releasing them every 3 days so I grab one every time they go up.

This is newegg.ca but I imagine it's the same idea

Multi accounts do work. This is coming from someone with a few dozen new egg accounts.
I have six and they may or may not work.

I ran an eBay buisness with multiple accounts
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
February 10, 2018, 10:09:28 PM
Lets talk new egg here , seen a few lower priced 580s finnaly , anyone have experince with multiple newegg accounts ?

do they look at the cc and shipping address or just the account if you have say two accounts ? , normally I dont mind buying one every few days

but with the currrent shortage i'd prefer to buy 2 or 3 and then be done with it for a while

Multiple accounts does not work. Whether it's the name or the shipping address I'm not sure but I tried that because they had some reasonably priced 570 8gb cards.

The bright side is they have been releasing them every 3 days so I grab one every time they go up.

Multi accounts do work. This is coming from someone with a few dozen new egg accounts.
legendary
February 10, 2018, 09:03:06 PM

damn well thats nice to know

Do you have a good neighbor brother sister mom dad at different address?  If not it is a no go.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
February 10, 2018, 08:18:58 PM

damn well thats nice to know
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
February 10, 2018, 07:10:34 PM
My Zotac GTX 1050 Ti performed better overall than QuintLeo's. I just sold it, so no more testing is possible, but below are the results from each of the algos I tried, and in each case actual clocks reported by MSI AB are given. The core clock was never stable, so it's an "eyeball average," but mem clock usually was, and I didn't mess with power limit at all because power usage reporting is broken in the 1050 Ti, from what I understand.

Equihash - 190 Sols/s
~1835 core; 3800 mem; dstm 0.5.7

Ethash - 13.4 Mh/s
~1885 core*; 3800 mem; claymore dual 10.5 (* - at that time I had not yet learned that core clock doesn't matter with Ethash)

Power usage is broken in some driver versions, not in others - but setting power limit still seems to work.
The original Nvidia drivers version I was using (373.06 I think) seemed to handle reporting power ok, but the 384.98 version (my current default due to it being required for the 1070 ti) does not for the 1050 ti - I get "ERR" instead of a power used figure.

Hah, well that's one other way my 1050 Ti was better than yours: it reported only using 0W! Infinite hashing efficiency! Why on earth did I sell it?  Grin

Your hashrate figures are a bit higher than I saw at any setting out of my EVGA model, but not a lot so.
I'm not sure if you were able to clock core or memory higher as all of my testing was under LINUX and can't compare my figures to your figures on those as I have not taken the time to check to see if nvidia-smi will show actual clock figures (I THINK it's got the option in there somewhere though).

Despite the tongue-in-cheek bit above, I want to emphasize that I totally agree that these are not even remotely worth considering at the current Newegg-not-reseller price of $230, and only somewhat worth considering at the original MSRP of $139. I sold mine for $170, and that was definitely the best use of all for this card!
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
February 10, 2018, 07:00:04 PM

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
February 10, 2018, 06:39:36 PM

I don't know if that would work or not, but I have my doubts. I do know that if you try to buy a GPU on Newegg.com that has a limit of 1 per household and you try to buy the same GPU from newegg via eBay they will cancel the second order since it's to the same household. <<< based on that I highly doubt it would work to have separate newegg accounts (unless you have a separate shipping address and possibly a separate credit card too).
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
February 10, 2018, 05:52:15 PM
I have a single 1050Ti (MSI GAMING X) and it sits at 195 Sol/S with the following settings:

I think I tried mine at +120 core and it didn't change the hashrate vs +100.

I DID try +550 memory - didn't work, crashed in a few seconds.

Cards vary.

legendary
February 10, 2018, 01:33:54 PM
I've switched a couple of my rigs over to Nicehash.  Similarly configured machines have wildly different daily estimates of earnings.  

Can anyone point me to setting, configuration strategies, etc. to normalize and maximize revenue using their service?

If privacy is not an issue.  go the nicehash email full account mine method  which gives cheap withdrawal to coinbase.

this will all be tracked and taxable but you save on fees.

I am like Phil  I have  3 btc addresses and left coins build up.  I check 4 times a day manually  but most often mine Zec  due to ease of mining it.

I am referring to maximzing hashrate/revenue on the rig, not take home revenue.  One machine forecasts 60 to 70% more revenue than the one next to it.

luck of draw  here are 2 identical omen   2 x 1080tis

https://www.nicehash.com/miner/1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje

one is great  1600 sols worker 2  one is terrible 950 sols worker 1

I am renting to people .  if  you could write a scrypt to turn off and turn back on when you drop too low  the chances are the next renter would pay more.

I played with this on a manual level  and it works.

at this moment  they switched to 1500 and 2300 =  really good.

and now   1500 and 1850 - really good.
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
February 10, 2018, 12:50:59 PM
I've switched a couple of my rigs over to Nicehash.  Similarly configured machines have wildly different daily estimates of earnings.  

Can anyone point me to setting, configuration strategies, etc. to normalize and maximize revenue using their service?

If privacy is not an issue.  go the nicehash email full account mine method  which gives cheap withdrawal to coinbase.

I am like Phil  I have  3 btc addresses and left coins build up.  I check 4 times a day manually  but most often mine Zec  due to ease of mining it.

I am referring to maximzing hashrate/revenue on the rig, not take home revenue.  One machine forecasts 60 to 70% more revenue than the one next to it.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
February 10, 2018, 12:28:56 PM

legendary
Activity: 463
Merit: 301
February 10, 2018, 12:16:33 PM
I've switched a couple of my rigs over to Nicehash.  Similarly configured machines have wildly different daily estimates of earnings. 

If privacy is not an issue.  go the nicehash email full account mine method  which gives cheap withdrawal to coinbase.

I am like Phil  I have  3 btc addresses and left coins build up.  I check 4 times a day manually  but most often mine Zec  due to ease of mining it.
legendary
February 10, 2018, 12:11:53 PM
I ordered a third one

I am spending 2342 - 2% cc rebate = 2295  I may or may not get the $150  rebate from retail me not

still 2295 for this one

and 2280 for each of the other two

this one is a 880-160 model with  an i7 8700

the others are 880-150 models with an i5 8400

this is a better deal  for 15 bucks you get the same with an i7 vs an i5

these will replace the three that ran at my friends office.  they were diy  and cost me 2000 each to build.
I sold them for 2000 each after mining them for 7 months.

My gut feeling is these omen pc's are going to sell out.
Note my mc donalds epp store  gave me an extra 130 off so I may not get the retailmenot 150 off.

but if you guys open a retailmenot  you will get  the 150 off maybe?

Activity: 615
Merit: 500
February 10, 2018, 11:47:00 AM
I've switched a couple of my rigs over to Nicehash.  Similarly configured machines have wildly different daily estimates of earnings. 

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
February 10, 2018, 02:51:16 AM
Also speaking of Best Buy last year I returned a BUNCH of stuff from a remodel I was doing so it was just the Philips lights, Amazon Echos and other home automation stuff. They processed the first few items then all of a sudden the system needed a manager to override it. So I asked what happened, manager tells me "Oh because you're returning so much stuff, the system won't let you do any more returns after today, I have to override it and after today it won't let you."

So I tested that one out - didn't use my Amex, used my Visa for a couple fitbits, came back the next day to see if they would let me - and they did. So if anyone gets hit with a "you can't return any more stuff" just swap credit cards Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: