Pages:
Author

Topic: Has Bitcoin reached its goal? - page 39. (Read 5969 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 100
July 15, 2018, 07:56:42 AM
For me, I don't think it is already been reached because there are stilll some people afraid to engaged with this coin. Perhaps if more governments will recognized cryptos and people around the world will accept this, then maybe we can be able to say that the goals has been reached.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry
July 15, 2018, 07:42:41 AM
I'm not referring to the price of Bitcoin (we all know it's going to be $250,000/coin by 2022), but the goal that it would be a legitimate alternative to inflationary government fiat currencies.  When the altcoin market is examined, it is inextricably linked to the price of Bitcoin.  Where Bitcoin goes, so does the rest of the cryptocurrencies.  There's even somewhat of a dismissive attitude toward other crytpos in some investment circles; strangely this was a similar sentiment held by those "respectable" investors when Bitcoin was in its infancy.

What do you think?  I'd love to hear from some crytpo veterans.

I think not yet, Bitcoin has became popular, many people use it for different purposes but we still see some disadvantage: hacking, banned by some country.

I also agree that bitcoin didnt reach its goal, because other people dont know about bitcoin and doesnt know how to use and invest on it. Bitcoin is not yet popular and many of the people still not believe on what bitcoin can, so for me bitcoin didnt reach its goal for now.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
July 15, 2018, 07:35:01 AM
Many people dont know about bitcoin. When people practice and able to
Use it. Then after few years later it will reach.

Activity: 354
July 15, 2018, 07:21:09 AM
I'm not referring to the price of Bitcoin (we all know it's going to be $250,000/coin by 2022), but the goal that it would be a legitimate alternative to inflationary government fiat currencies.  When the altcoin market is examined, it is inextricably linked to the price of Bitcoin.  Where Bitcoin goes, so does the rest of the cryptocurrencies.  There's even somewhat of a dismissive attitude toward other crytpos in some investment circles; strangely this was a similar sentiment held by those "respectable" investors when Bitcoin was in its infancy.

What do you think?  I'd love to hear from some crytpo veterans.

as we can see the bitcoin now, we can s e say that they still did not achieved their goals because there are some hindrances that the need to overcome abd they need more innovation. Also they did not reached the objectives that tgey want.
Activity: 518
July 15, 2018, 07:19:30 AM
Bitcoin has been recognized many people around the world as well as many investors who invest bitcoin ,I think bitcoin have not reached its goal as a crypto used by people, decentralized and free from government regulations, his leap in the future.
Activity: 644
Merit: 255
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 15, 2018, 06:48:09 AM
Bitcoin has been used for some current transactions, but for me the most important purpose of bitcoin is that it can be used for all transactions that apply around the world meaning bitcoin could be the national currency for the whole world, and that goal to this day has not been achieved by bitcoin.

Well for now it haven't reached its goal or we can say the highest point that it could reach.

Bitcoin now is just limited, it is not available in all countries so we can say that it reaches its goal if and only if we can use it in all transactions. I remember one time only one store in a mall that has the sign that they accept transaction trough coins.

We can say that it reaches its goal if we can use it like a money that can buy anything and become our basic need.
Activity: 177
Merit: 1
July 15, 2018, 05:45:20 AM
No Bitcoin hasn't achieved the objective yet, Bitcoin expected to be the world money where everybody on the planet can utilized it to purchase anything, now the appropriation rate is still low, and the administration continue obstructing the selection, and the Bitcoin include itself still not yet prepared, the speed and the charge still troublesome, so I think require more opportunity to receive this innovation
Activity: 70
July 15, 2018, 04:51:34 AM
In my opinion, I do not think that bitcoin has achieved its purpose because for me, the purpose of bitcoin is to help many people in this world to stay away from inflation and help them create more wealth faster than other methods to grow.
Activity: 72
July 15, 2018, 02:37:26 AM
I think not, bitcoin is a digital currency. it is a concept that bitcoin carries. unfortunately, now bitcoin becomes a digital asset instead of digital money. many of them have bitcoin as a trade not as a means of payment.
Activity: 165
July 15, 2018, 02:35:26 AM
Bitcoin has been used for some current transactions, but for me the most important purpose of bitcoin is that it can be used for all transactions that apply around the world meaning bitcoin could be the national currency for the whole world, and that goal to this day has not been achieved by bitcoin.
Activity: 37
July 15, 2018, 02:32:16 AM
The goal you are referring is not exactly reachable because it is not what we think is happening. The banning from different countries is a true obstacle for bitcoin.
Activity: 168
July 15, 2018, 01:56:16 AM
No not yet because there are still more room to grow and i believe on it that market price increase will happen. As what they are expecting or speculating that bitcoin market price will go to higher than 2017 market price and it will happen. As long as there are those big exchanges, ICO projects and individuals who are investing on bitcoin.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 106
Available for rent
July 15, 2018, 01:54:02 AM
For me,the goal of bitcoin is almost achieve,we heard a lot of topics about bitcoin but to speculate its goal is not as easy as it is in our simple conversation,everything is at hand of everybody who believe on bitcoin and I am part of it,realization is almost at hand,we must have to work together for this purpose,not only about profit at hand but most of all,for the future.

How can goal of bitcoin be realized in such a short time ?  People get amazed by the growth of bitcoins from few cents to $19000 but that is not the ultimate goal of bitcoins. I think the developers wanted to achieve a lot of things with bitcoins :

1) They want even the weakest sections of society to benefit from it. If we see on that front, a lot  is to be achieved.

2) There are many other important things to coming up like BTC halving. These will affect the prices a lot.

Activity: 434
Merit: 101
July 15, 2018, 01:53:16 AM
Bitcoin is designed to facilitate the payment system and to promote the online business inn the world like now the world is connected through internet so in future all the business activities will also promoted through which we can use the services of expert in the world and it is the goal of the bitcoin.
Activity: 882
Merit: 303
July 15, 2018, 01:40:12 AM
Bitcoin is just about 10 years old and I dont think that is enough to reach it's goal. We actually dont really know what is the real goal of bitcoin but it probably is to change the world of paper money and fight against criminality and illegal activities.
(we all know it's going to be $250,000/coin by 2022)
We dont know what the price is going to be even tomorrow what about 2022. Until then bitcoin could even disappear from the market even though it seems impossible for everyone,it is possible. Bitcoin also has a price goal, set by the people and I think that is about 1.000.000$. It doesn't have to reach this price before a certain time, the goal is to reach it someday.

Bitcoin does not have a constant goal if that is what you're looking for because as a virtual currency investment , this type of investment aims to go higher and higher until it reaches it's market cap , so bitcoin's goal it to have a higher value always to satisfy it's investor.
Activity: 154
July 15, 2018, 01:28:09 AM
According to how I view this, bitcoin hasn't reached its goal. The price is still very low compared to what we would be seeing in years to come. Many forces are fighting bitcoin from reaching its goal like countries banning bitcoin, centralized institutions also wants to kill bitcoin, etc but I believe that, with time, bitcoin would overcome and reach its goal of decentralization and value.
Activity: 163
Merit: 10
July 15, 2018, 01:14:00 AM
Bitcoin has not reached the overall goal, because there are still many shortcomings that must be fixed by bitcoin so it can be perfect and can achieve its purpose. The transaction process and transaction costs should be better taken care of by bitcoin so as not to cause the disappointment of bitcoin users, they want a fast process and low cost, so that more and more bitcoin users and one day bitcoin can be recognized as the national currency of all countries whose use is authorized by government of every country that exists around the world.
Activity: 238
Merit: 4
July 15, 2018, 01:06:50 AM
I think the speculations are a bit high but who knows. Regarding bitcoin as an alternative to the currency, i think it actually cannot stand yet as an alternative currency. There is so much in bitcoin that needs to change for it to become an alternate currency like stability. It is volatile and this could just be a disadvantage to coin holders who store their money as bitcoin.
Activity: 434
July 15, 2018, 12:57:59 AM
Yes it already is. Because bitcoin's goal is to become an online payment solution against double spending without any third party in between.

I think it's only part of its goal because what's really happening to bitcoin is that it became more of an investment or buy and sell cryptocurrency and that is clearly defined by its market cap and price. I think Nakamoto will still crack a smile even if investment is not his major objectives of bitcoin in his whitepaper because bitcoin has helped so many people and change their lives for good.
Activity: 101
July 14, 2018, 11:57:54 PM
I think bitcoin will achieve its goal when it is accepted in all countries, all transactions will be legalized using bitcoin, and become global currency. I hope those days will happen in the future
Pages:
Jump to: